- Minot motorcycle club opening bar to support PTSD work Updated: May-25-15 12:03 pm
MINOT, North Dakota - A motorcycle club in Minot is opening a bar to support the club's charitable work to benefit military veterans.
- Rural water system project slowed by funding shortage Updated: May-23-15 3:49 pm
MINOT, North Dakota - A project to upgrade rural water systems in western North Dakota will go at a slower pace than anticipated over the next two years due to less state funding, a project leader said this week.
- More federal money awarded for Minot water plant project Updated: May-22-15 12:58 pm
MINOT, North Dakota - The city of Minot is getting a $6.1 million grant from the Federal Emergency Management Agency to help protect the city's water treatment plant and keep it functioning during a flood.
- Ward County to seek state aid for county prosecutors Updated: May-22-15 10:29 am
MINOT, North Dakota - Ward County State's Attorney Rozanna Larson is seeking more than half a million dollars in state aid to fund more staff as her office grapples with a mounting workload.
- Excerpts from recent North Dakota editorials Updated: May-21-15 10:28 am
BISMARCK, North Dakota - Minot Daily News, Minot, May 19, 2015
- Family of soldier missing in Korean War to get his medals Updated: May-20-15 9:03 am
WHITE SHIELD, North Dakota - The family of a North Dakota soldier deemed missing in action during the Korean War is getting his medals and awards.
- Concert tickets on sale for 38th Norsk Hostfest in Minot Updated: May-20-15 2:29 am
MINOT, North Dakota - Ticket sales have begun for concerts at this year's Norsk Hostfest in Minot.
- New post-flood public golf course in the works in Minot Updated: May-19-15 8:16 am
MINOT, North Dakota - Golf courses in the Minot area are continuing to recover after being inundated during the 2011 Souris River flood.
- Cleanup continues at oil train wreck site in North Dakota Updated: May-17-15 10:27 am
HEIMDAL, North Dakota - Cleanup efforts continue at the site of a recent oil train derailment in North Dakota.
- Las Vegas woman pleads not guilty to human trafficking Updated: May-16-15 6:37 pm
MINOT, North Dakota - A 20-year-old woman accused of bringing a 14-year-old girl to North Dakota from Las Vegas and telling her she wouldn't eat if she didn't make money has pleaded not guilty to felony human trafficking.
- Ward County sheriff's office finds 35 pot plants in trailer Updated: May-14-15 6:07 pm
MINOT, North Dakota - Ward County authorities say they've uncovered a 35-plant marijuana grow operation in a 41-year-old Douglas man's trailer.
- Family finally contacted by Minot woman in Nepal after quake Updated: May-13-15 11:11 am
MINOT, North Dakota - Family members of a Minot woman who is in Nepal say she has finally contacted them following the latest earthquake in the Asian country.
- Local 'The Voice' contestant to sing at Minot base schools Updated: May-12-15 5:32 pm
MINOT AIR FORCE BASE, North Dakota - A North Dakota native and top-five finalist on NBC's singing competition "The Voice" will perform at two Minot Air Force Base schools.
- Man accused of child rape reaches plea deal with prosecutors Updated: May-12-15 7:25 am
MINOT, North Dakota - A man facing life in prison for allegedly raping a girl in Flaxton in 2013 has reached a plea deal with prosecutors.
- Suspicious backpack causes scare at Minot Air Force Base Updated: May-11-15 1:13 pm
MINOT, North Dakota - Air Force authorities are questioning the owner of a suspicious backpack that caused a scare at Minot Air Force Base.
- Tribal officials say saltwater spilled near Mandaree Updated: May-11-15 7:22 am
MANDAREE, North Dakota - Tribal officials say they're looking into a saltwater spill in western North Dakota.
- Man gets life in prison with parole chance in murder trial Updated: May-07-15 6:31 pm
MINOT, North Dakota - A man convicted of conspiracy to commit murder in the shooting death of a northwest North Dakota hobby rancher has been sentenced to life in prison with the possibility of parole.
- School administrator says innocent of sex crime allegations Updated: May-07-15 11:55 am
MINOT, North Dakota - The superintendent and high school principal in Sawyer says he's innocent of sex crime allegations.
- Committee, not consultant, to help with Rice Lake flooding Updated: May-06-15 9:08 am
MINOT, North Dakota - The Ward County Commission is forming a committee to develop a plan to battle chronic flooding at Rice Lake, including using $2 million in state aid.
- ND plant experts say agave still in bloom, but not for long Updated: May-03-15 11:49 am
DUNSEITH, North Dakota - An agave is still in bloom at the International Peace Garden Conservatory in Dunseith, but only for a little while longer.
- 19 students in Minot graduate peace officer training program Updated: May-02-15 5:05 pm
MINOT, North Dakota - Nineteen students in Minot have finished Peace Officer Training at Lake Region State College and are ready to become law enforcement officers in the state.
- North Dakota zoos take precautions against bird flu Updated: May-01-15 8:19 am
MINOT, North Dakota - Many of the birds at Minot's Roosevelt Park Zoo won't be available for viewing when the zoo opens for the season Saturday, as officials take precautions against bird flu.
- North Dakota boardings slump in March but still strong Updated: Apr-30-15 1:10 pm
BISMARCK, North Dakota - North Dakota airline boardings have dropped for the first time in years and industry officials say slumping oil activity is a likely reason, though not the only one. They do not believe it is the start of a long-term trend.
- New Minot Country Club golf course set to open in June Updated: Apr-30-15 8:42 am
MINOT, North Dakota - After more than two years of work, the Minot Country Club is prepping to open its new course.
- Minot zoo announces birth of American bison calf Updated: Apr-30-15 6:52 am
MINOT, North Dakota - The Roosevelt Park Zoo in Minot has announced the birth of an American bison calf.