- Small-city volunteer serves as fire chief, pool supervisor Updated: Jul-05-15 11:58 am
VELVA, North Dakota - A resident of a small city in north-central North Dakota who serves as local fire chief and on the park board believes such communities thrive with the help of volunteers.
- Smoke from Canadian fires blows as far south as Tennessee Updated: Jul-04-15 5:31 pm
MINOT, North Dakota - After almost of a week, smoke from Canadian wildfires continued to blanket parts of North Dakota on Saturday and some residents said they're growing tired of the hazy skies.
- New liquor rules change how Minot business operate Updated: Jul-03-15 6:26 pm
MINOT, North Dakota - Some proprietors in Minot say a change to the city's liquor ordinance that restricts their hours of operation is changing the way they run their businesses.
- Minot couple finds their treasure in vintage shop Updated: Jul-02-15 10:00 am
MINOT, North Dakota - A passion for antiques and other items with a history behind them sent Bill and MarlaRae Uscensky in a new direction a couple of years ago.
- Excerpts from recent North Dakota editorials Updated: Jun-25-15 10:04 am
BISMARCK, North Dakota - Minot Daily News, Minot, June 20, 2015
- Minot man pleads guilty to federal drug, weapons charges Updated: Jun-25-15 6:02 am
BISMARCK, North Dakota - A Minot man has pleaded guilty to federal drug and weapons charges.
- Body found on shore of Lake Sakakawea ID'd as Minot man Updated: Jun-24-15 7:34 am
NEW TOWN, North Dakota - Authorities have identified a body found on the shore of Lake Sakakawea near New Town as that of a Minot man missing for several months.
- North Dakota man sentenced on weapons charge loses appeal Updated: Jun-24-15 6:04 am
MINOT, North Dakota - A North Dakota man sentenced to seven years in prison on an illegal weapons charge has lost his appeal.
- Minot still in the running in flood grant competition Updated: Jun-23-15 10:10 am
MINOT, North Dakota - Minot has advanced in a national competition for a portion of nearly $1 billion in federal disaster recovery money as it continues to rebound from Souris River flooding in 2011.
- UND medical school names new dean for Minot campus Updated: Jun-23-15 2:28 am
MINOT, North Dakota - The University of North Dakota School of Medicine and Health Sciences in Grand Forks has named a new dean for its Northwest Campus in Minot.
- ND woman suffers gunshot wound in domestic violence incident Updated: Jun-22-15 7:43 pm
MINOT, North Dakota - A Minot man involved in a domestic violence incident in which a woman suffered a gunshot wound has been charged.
- North Dakota seeing big changes in its hospital landscape Updated: Jun-22-15 8:47 am
MINOT, North Dakota - North Dakota's population growth and good economy have increased the attractiveness of hospital partnerships and buyouts, according to the president of the state's hospital trade organization.
- Minot health worker finds inspiration in mother's accident Updated: Jun-21-15 12:49 pm
MINOT, North Dakota - A longtime health worker at a Minot nursing home said her life "fell into place" to find a job that also allows her to help the community.
- Minot State updates theater to help hearing impaired Updated: Jun-20-15 7:50 pm
MINOT, North Dakota - Hearing-impaired theater lovers in Minot will soon be able to better hear their favorite productions put on at Minot State University.
- Minot son and mother charged in drug case get same sentences Updated: Jun-18-15 12:20 pm
MINOT, North Dakota - A Minot man who was charged along with his mother in a drug case has received the same sentence she did.
- 5 15-year-olds charged in burglary of Minot grocery store Updated: Jun-18-15 6:40 am
MINOT, North Dakota - Five 15-year-old boys have been arrested in connection to a burglary at a Minot grocery store.
- Bond set at $100,000 for man charged in Stanley stabbing Updated: Jun-18-15 5:59 am
STANLEY, North Dakota - Bond has been set at $100,000 for an Idaho man accused in a stabbing near Stanley.
- County wants owners to address flooded Rice Lake structures Updated: Jun-17-15 8:59 am
MINOT, North Dakota - The Ward County Commission is warning Rice Lake property owners to clean up their flooded properties or authorities will hire someone to do it for them - at a cost.
- North Dakota officers ask court to toss oil worker's lawsuit Updated: Jun-16-15 5:05 pm
FARGO, North Dakota - Two Minot police officers who are being sued by a man who spent 542 days in jail on an attempted murder charge says the complaint should be thrown out of federal court.
- Minot police investigating 4 robberies over 12-hour period Updated: Jun-15-15 7:17 am
MINOT, North Dakota - Minot police are investigating a rash of robberies in the city.
- ND store owner works to build clothing line for women Updated: Jun-14-15 1:05 pm
MINOT, North Dakota - The owner of a Minot clothing store is putting together what she refers to as a multi-million dollar clothing line that will free women from a daily battle between their wardrobe and their bodies.
- Minot schools to give out free lunches in park this summer Updated: Jun-14-15 12:32 pm
MINOT, North Dakota - Free lunches are being served to children and teenagers younger than 18 in a Minot park this summer as part of a federally funded program.
- Minot man gets 25 years for beating girlfriend to death Updated: Jun-13-15 3:56 pm
MINOT, North Dakota - A Minot man accused of killing his girlfriend by beating her with his fists and feet for several days has pleaded guilty and been sentenced to 25 years in prison.
- NHL official from Minot looking to get back on the rink Updated: Jun-13-15 12:28 pm
MINOT, North Dakota - A Minot man who's officiated games in the NHL for two decades is hoping to return to the ice this winter.
- Supreme Court lets stand stabbing conviction of Minot woman Updated: Jun-12-15 3:46 pm
FARGO, North Dakota - The North Dakota Supreme Court has upheld the conviction of a Minot woman charged with attempted murder in the stabbing of her estranged husband, even though one justice said there wasn't enough evidence to issue the first search warrant.