- Man acquitted of murder in invasion of MMA fighter's home Updated: Jul-02-15 11:32 am
LAS CRUCES, New Mexico - A man charged with participating in a fatal home invasion of a professional mixed martial artist will be sentenced this month, but not for murder.
- Daycare: Same-sex marriage, finances reasons for closing Updated: Jul-01-15 5:54 pm
LAS CRUCES, New Mexico - A Las Cruces church daycare says it's closing due to troubled finances and the recent U.S. Supreme Court ruling on same-sex marriage.
- New Mexico aims to make clearinghouse for farmers markets Updated: Jul-01-15 5:13 am
LAS CRUCES, New Mexico - New Mexico agriculture officials are asking for help in creating a clearinghouse for the price of goods found at farmers' markets.
- New Mexico road to Spaceport hits snag due to planning error Updated: Jun-30-15 5:04 am
LAS CRUCES, New Mexico - Officials say start of construction on an improved southern New Mexico road to Spaceport America will be delayed around three months thanks to a planning error.
- 2 former officers plead not guilty in holding-cell beating Updated: Jun-29-15 5:32 pm
LAS CRUCES, New Mexico - Two former Las Cruces police officers charged with aggravated battery in the beating of a man in a holding cell have pleaded not guilty.
- New Mexico advocates praise same-sex marriage ruling Updated: Jun-26-15 6:17 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - When Carrie Hamblen heard about the Supreme Court's ruling Friday morning that same-sex couples have a right to marry anywhere in the U.S., the 46-year-old ran to tell her spouse Char Ullman.
- Spaceport America celebrates opening of visitor center Updated: Jun-25-15 11:51 am
TRUTH OR CONSEQUENCES, New Mexico - Spaceport America's visitor center featuring interactive exhibits is now open about 35 miles away from the futuristic hangar and runway.
- Man accused of burglarizing several vehicles in Las Cruces Updated: Jun-24-15 7:25 pm
LAS CRUCES, New Mexico - Police in Las Cruces say they've arrested a man suspected of burglarizing at least 10 vehicles last weekend.
- MMA fighter home invasion case sees plea deal Updated: Jun-24-15 6:41 pm
LAS CRUCES, New Mexico - A Las Cruces man charged with attempted first-degree murder in a home invasion involving a professional mixed martial artist has entered a plea deal.
- New Mexico's public safety agencies to merge Updated: Jun-23-15 5:23 pm
LAS CRUCES, New Mexico - State police, motor transportation officers and special investigators will be part of a new streamlined New Mexico State Police Division starting in July.
- Former NFL player, Spanish-language TV pioneer dies at 77 Updated: Jun-19-15 9:31 pm
LAS CRUCES, New Mexico - Danny Villanueva, who was one of the NFL's first Latino kickers and a pioneer of Spanish-language television, has died. He was 77.
- Dona Ana authorities investigating a case of animal cruelty Updated: Jun-18-15 7:24 pm
LAS CRUCES, New Mexico - Dona Ana Sheriff's officials have seized about approximately 100 pigs, piglets, ducks, chickens, goats and dogs in an ongoing investigation of animal cruelty south of Las Cruces.
- Roswell man pleads guilty to fleeing border checkpoint Updated: Jun-18-15 5:17 pm
LAS CRUCES, New Mexico - A Roswell man is facing prison after pleading guilty to fleeing from a New Mexico border checkpoint earlier this year.
- Utah man gets 366-day prison term for unlawful solicitation Updated: Jun-17-15 5:09 pm
LAS CRUCES, New Mexico - A former Army sergeant who was stationed in New Mexico has been sentenced to 366 days in federal prison for soliciting gifts and property under false pretenses.
- New Mexico governor signs capital spending bill Updated: Jun-17-15 2:16 pm
LAS CRUCES, New Mexico - Calling it a "job-creation bill," New Mexico Gov. Susana Martinez on Wednesday signed a capital spending bill that includes around $45 million for highway infrastructure projects.
- Ex-New Mexico corrections officer gets prison in drug case Updated: Jun-16-15 6:42 pm
LAS CRUCES, New Mexico - A former corrections officer has been sentenced to 366 days in a New Mexico federal prison for conspiring to distribute drugs in the Dona County Detention Center.
- Police: 9 people thrown from SUV during rollover Updated: Jun-15-15 1:17 pm
LAS CRUCES, New Mexico - Police say they're investigating a rollover crash that sent nine people to the hospital.
- Dona Ana County using polygraph to probe work allegations Updated: Jun-15-15 5:04 am
LAS CRUCES, New Mexico - Dona Ana County road workers have been undergoing polygraph testing as part of an investigation into alleged wrongdoing.
- Ex-candidate pleads guilty in topless video extortion case Updated: Jun-12-15 2:29 pm
SUNLAND PARK, New Mexico - A former mayoral candidate in a New Mexico border city has pleaded guilty to extortion for secretly recording an opponent receiving a lap dance from a topless woman, ending another bizarre chapter in the troubled town's history.
- 2 ex-officers indicted in Las Cruces holding-cell beating Updated: Jun-11-15 8:49 pm
LAS CRUCES, New Mexico - A grand jury has charged two former Las Cruces police officers with aggravated battery in the beating of a man in a holding cell.
- Fatal stabbing suspect to be charged as adult Updated: Jun-10-15 9:41 pm
LAS CRUCES, New Mexico - Authorities say a 17-year-old boy suspected of fatally stabbing a man during a party in the Las Cruces area will be charged as an adult.
- Las Cruces men face minimum 10 years for trafficking meth Updated: Jun-09-15 6:15 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Federal prosecutors say two men who bought nearly two pounds of methamphetamine in Arizona and planned to sell it in Las Cruces, New Mexico, are facing mandatory 10 year prison terms after pleading guilty.
- Man stabbed to death at party at Las Cruces home identified Updated: Jun-07-15 6:29 pm
LAS CRUCES, New Mexico - Authorities have released the identity of a man who was fatally stabbed during a party at a Las Cruces area home.
- Man found fatally stabbed at Las Cruces home Updated: Jun-06-15 3:30 pm
LAS CRCUES, New Mexico - Dona Ana County Sheriff's deputies are investigating the fatal stabbing of a 20-year-old man.
- Ex-Dona Ana County employee accused of falsifying records Updated: Jun-05-15 4:33 pm
LAS CRUCES, New Mexico - Authorities say a former Dona Ana County employee has been arrested for allegedly falsifying her pay records to receive food stamp benefits.