- Southern Oregon man convicted for killing at age 14 set free Updated: Feb-05-16 2:37 am
SALEM, Oregon - A man convicted for a Josephine County killing at age 14 has been released from the Oregon State Penitentiary.
- Oregon prison reports death of inmate in infirmary Updated: Feb-03-16 9:40 pm
SALEM, Oregon - Prison officials say a 54-year-old inmate serving a life sentence died unexpectedly in the facility's infirmary in Salem.
- Vintners say Idaho wine grape quantity down, quality up Updated: Feb-03-16 2:14 pm
CALDWELL, Idaho - Weather in 2015 made for a smaller wine grape harvest in Idaho, which officials say could affect production of some favored wine varieties.
- Volunteers survey Marion County inmates on homelessness Updated: Feb-01-16 12:32 pm
SALEM, Oregon - Volunteers have surveyed the inmates at the Marion County jail as part of the county's annual tally of homeless people.
- Andrew Selsky named AP's Salem, Oregon, correspondent Updated: Jan-26-16 1:32 pm
SALEM, Oregon - Andrew Selsky, a veteran foreign correspondent for The Associated Press who has reported in Africa, Europe, Latin America and the Caribbean, has been named AP's Salem correspondent. He will cover Oregon state government and politics and write about issues throughout the West.
- Panel recommends removal of controversial judge Updated: Jan-25-16 8:50 pm
SALEM, Oregon - A state judicial fitness panel has recommended the removal of a Marion County judge who came under scrutiny last year for refusing to perform same-sex marriages based on his religious beliefs.
- Salem man given 16-year prison term for child sex crimes Updated: Jan-21-16 5:01 am
SALEM, Oregon - A Salem man convicted of sexually abusing two girls has been sentenced to more than 16 years in prison.
- Oregon struggling to agree on minimum wage hike Updated: Jan-16-16 12:48 pm
SALEM, Oregon - There's general agreement about increasing Oregon's minimum wage from the current $9.25 an hour.
- Salem police arrest fugitive after SWAT standoff Updated: Jan-14-16 8:38 pm
SALEM, Oregon - Police arrested a fugitive after an eight-hour standoff in Salem.
- Police investigate threats to family as possible hate crime Updated: Jan-14-16 12:39 pm
SALEM, Oregon - Salem police are investigating a possible hate crime after an interracial couple and their children received several written racist death threats signed by the Ku Klux Klan.
- Lawmakers, experts explore ways to raise ODFW revenue Updated: Jan-13-16 2:18 pm
SALEM, Oregon - Budget woes at the Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife have state lawmakers and outdoors experts teaming up to find a new source of revenue for the agency.
- Salem police look into racially motivated threats Updated: Jan-12-16 5:01 am
SALEM, Oregon - Police say they are investigating racially charged threats that were left for a Salem family as a potential hate crime.
- Oregon approves 5 dairy expansions Updated: Jan-08-16 10:03 am
SALEM, Oregon - Five Oregon dairies, including one in Keizer with a history of problems, have been given permission to expand, adding a total of about 4,500 animals.
- Salem neighborhood evacuated due to liquid oxygen leak Updated: Jan-08-16 1:19 am
SALEM, Oregon - Officials say a liquid oxygen leak has forced some Salem residents to evacuate their homes.