- Urban backyard chicken ordinance gets preliminary approval Updated: Jul-30-15 12:32 pm
SALEM, Oregon - An urban backyard chicken ordinance is moving forward in Marion County, south of Portland.
- Woman sentenced for failing to help 4-year-old son in fire Updated: Jul-23-15 11:25 am
SALEM, Oregon - An Oregon woman who pleaded guilty to a manslaughter charge after authorities say she failed to help her 4-year-old son who died in an apartment fire has been sentenced to 11 years in prison.
- Overgrown Salem yard transformed after city intervention Updated: Jul-22-15 7:37 pm
SALEM, Oregon - A completely overgrown property in Salem has now been cleaned up.
- Bear sighting shuts down North Fork County Park Updated: Jul-22-15 8:56 am
SALEM, Oregon - A Marion County park is closed until Friday or later after workers saw three bears.
- Sexual abuse victim suing Salem-Keizer School District Updated: Jul-21-15 2:25 pm
SALEM, Oregon - A $5 million lawsuit has been filed against the Salem-Keizer School District on behalf of a teenage girl who was sexually abused by her West Salem High School basketball coach.
- Legal marijuana competes with hash-oil black market Updated: Jul-20-15 1:09 pm
SALEM, Oregon - Amy Zimmerman's left calf was covered in second-degree burns after a Memorial Day campfire accident. To help heal the burns, she applied a medicinal salve made with hash oil.
- 1 dead, 3 injured in Salem strip club shooting Updated: Jul-18-15 1:39 pm
SALEM, Oregon - Police are looking into a shooting at a strip club in Salem that left one person dead and three others injured.
- Construction worker finds Marion County deputy's missing gun Updated: Jul-18-15 1:23 pm
SALEM, Oregon - A missing service weapon belonging to a Marion County sheriff's deputy has been located.
- Salem man charged after leaving his 2 dogs in car Updated: Jul-17-15 10:40 am
SALEM, Oregon - A Salem man has been charged with first-degree animal neglect after his greyhound was found dead in his station wagon.
- Justice Department files bar complaint against Kevin Mannix Updated: Jul-16-15 7:06 pm
SALEM, Oregon - The Oregon Department of Justice has filed a state bar complaint against Republican activist Kevin Mannix, alleging the Salem attorney violated ethics rules when he represented a veterans charity that gave money to his political and business activities.
- Man dies in Salem shooting Updated: Jul-16-15 12:56 pm
SALEM, Oregon - Salem police are investigating a fatal shooting.
- Court saves trees in Salem Hospital parking plan Updated: Jul-16-15 12:43 pm
SALEM, Oregon - The Oregon Court of Appeals has issued a decision affirming that the city wrongly approved Salem Hospital's plan to cut down nine trees in order to make room for 264 parking spaces.
- Oregon undersheriff keeps working after winning Megabucks Updated: Jul-16-15 12:30 pm
BOARDMAN, Oregon - Steve Myren thought he was having a heart attack.
- Detectives trying to ID victim of 1986 killing near St. Paul Updated: Jul-15-15 12:46 pm
SALEM, Oregon - Cold-case detectives with the Marion County Sheriff's Office hope the public can help identify a man murdered nearly 30 years ago.
- Salem coach sentenced to prison for first-degree rape Updated: Jul-14-15 10:08 am
SALEM, Oregon - A former Salem youth basketball coach who pleaded guilty to raping a girl under the age of 16 has been sentenced to eight years and four months in prison.
- State Rep. Knute Buehler considers run for Oregon governor Updated: Jul-13-15 1:34 pm
SALEM, Oregon - Republican state Rep. Knute Buehler says he's thinking about running for governor.
- Portland man sentenced to nearly 48 years for sex crimes Updated: Jul-12-15 8:50 pm
SALEM, Oregon - A Portland man has been sentenced to nearly 48 years in prison after being found guilty of sexually assaulting a woman in Salem in 2014.
- Love story behind 1918 Ford truck at Salem farm stand Updated: Jul-12-15 3:05 am
SALEM, Oregon - The location is highly visible, yet uncharted.
- Journey drummer, facing rape charge, ordered to treatment Updated: Jul-10-15 10:46 pm
SALEM, Oregon - Journey drummer Deen Castronovo will have to wear an ankle monitoring device and go directly to drug treatment when he is released from jail as he awaits trial on rape and other felony charges.
- Man suffers life-threatening injury in Salem shooting Updated: Jul-10-15 10:25 am
SALEM, Oregon - Salem police say a late-night shooting sent a man to the hospital with life-threatening injuries.
- School district soothes parents over school warning letter Updated: Jul-10-15 12:28 am
SALEM, Oregon - An Oregon school district has rushed to soothe parents at a Salem elementary school who received a letter warning that children not picked up promptly might be turned over to the state.
- Police spray tear gas on juvenile inmates during lockdown Updated: Jul-08-15 3:24 pm
SALEM, Oregon - Several male youths who locked themselves inside a unit at MacLaren Youth Correctional Facility had to be hospitalized after police used tear gas to get them out.
- Ore. man, 26, injured in back flip at water recreation area Updated: Jul-07-15 10:13 pm
SALEM, Oregon - A Marion County sheriff's spokesman says it took emergency crews nearly two hours to rescue a 26-year-old Salem, Oregon man, who tried to execute a back flip off some rocks at a remote water recreation site but fell about 25 feet, missing the water.
- Oregon session empowered Democratic Party's liberal wing Updated: Jul-07-15 9:13 pm
SALEM, Oregon - Oregon will be the first state to automatically register drivers to vote and to give women access to 12 months of birth control at a time. Workers will get up to a week of paid sick leave. A controversial new global-warming initiative aims to reduce carbon pollution.
- Victim in fatal Salem, Ore., plane crash identified Updated: Jul-06-15 8:19 pm
SALEM, Oregon - The pilot killed in a single-fatality light plane crash at a Salem, Oregon, airport has been identified as a 60-year-old Salem businessman.