- Guangzhou downs Melbourne to open title defense Updated: Feb-26-14 6:48 pm
- French automakers seek to catch up in China Updated: Feb-25-14 3:14 am
- Japan looks to wrest Asian club crown from China Updated: Feb-23-14 10:56 pm
- China city closes poultry markets to stop bird flu Updated: Feb-14-14 10:37 pm
- China puts US businessman on trial in mob crimes Updated: Feb-10-14 6:59 am
GUANGZHOU, China - Italy midfielder Alessandro Diamanti scored two of Guangzhou Evergrande's four second-half goals as the reigning champions made an emphatic start to their Asian Champions League defense with a 4-2 win over Australia's Melbourne Victory on Wednesday.
BEIJING - French automakers Renault and Peugeot are looking belatedly to China to revive their flagging fortunes but picked a tough time to try to expand.
SEOUL - Pressure is mounting on Japanese clubs to emulate the regional dominance of their national side as the Asian Champions League kicks off this Tuesday, with J-League sides looking to break a five-year drought in the continental competition.
BEIJING - The major city of Guangzhou in southern China closed its live poultry markets on Saturday for two weeks to halt the spread of the H7N9 strain of bird flu.
BEIJING - An American businessman went on trial in China on Monday for allegedly heading a violent mob that kidnapped rivals and operated illegal casinos, charges he has said he was tortured into confessing.