- Man restrained after trying to set fire on China flight Updated: Jul-26-15 2:58 am
BEIJING - A man attempted to set a fire on board a Chinese flight early Sunday, but was restrained by passengers and crew members and taken into custody, the aviation authority said.
- Market meltdown threatens China's transfer spending Updated: Jul-22-15 12:54 am
Just when the spending power of the Chinese Super League looked set to make it a major player in football's transfer market, the country's recent economic stumbles have emerged as a brake on its ambitions.
- College librarian in China admits he replaced art with fakes Updated: Jul-21-15 6:31 am
BEIJING - A former chief librarian at a Chinese university admitted in court Tuesday to stealing more than 140 paintings by grandmasters in a gallery under his watch and replacing them with fakes he painted himself.
- Zimbabwean government exports elephants despite protest Updated: Jul-06-15 10:32 am
HARARE, Zimbabwe - Twenty elephants exported to China would be "better off" in Chinese zoos rather than struggling wildlife parks in Zimbabwe, the southern African nation's minister in charge of wildlife said on Monday, dismissing protests from animal rights groups.
- China's Evergrande Taobao team applies for stock listing Updated: Jul-02-15 10:00 am
HONG KONG - Chinese soccer team Guangzhou Evergrande Taobao, owned by e-commerce giant Alibaba and one of the country's biggest property developers, could become the first club listed in Asia after applying to the Chinese stock market.