- Pope prays in Rome's posh shopping district Updated: Dec-08-13 12:56 pm
- Correction: Vatican-Legion of Christ story Updated: Dec-06-13 8:59 am
- Italian league offers Tim Tebow a 4-month contract Updated: Dec-05-13 2:21 pm
- Lawyer: Detained woman awoke to find womb empty Updated: Dec-04-13 2:53 pm
- Rome comes alive in 'The Great Beauty' Updated: Dec-03-13 1:48 pm
- Italy premier visits synagogue with Israeli leader Updated: Dec-01-13 3:34 pm
- Putin meets pope and Berlusconi in Italy Updated: Nov-25-13 5:53 pm
- Blatter backs calls from EU on Qatar workers Updated: Nov-22-13 10:29 am
- Kenya says will push ahead with ICC reform agenda Updated: Nov-21-13 1:13 pm
- Clashes erupt in Rome during French leader's visit Updated: Nov-20-13 2:40 pm
- International court summit debates Africa issues Updated: Nov-20-13 11:23 am
- Vatican unveils new frescoes in top catacomb Updated: Nov-19-13 5:37 pm
- 'Apocalyptic' storm floods Sardinia, 16 dead Updated: Nov-19-13 3:33 pm
- Italian film about truck driver wins in Rome fest Updated: Nov-16-13 3:22 pm
- Italian equestrian champion D'Inzeo dies at 88 Updated: Nov-15-13 5:15 pm
- Pope out with cold, cancels morning audiences Updated: Nov-15-13 11:17 am
- Pope shuns presidential escort for state visit Updated: Nov-14-13 7:58 am
- Catholic fringe disrupts Kristallnacht ceremony Updated: Nov-13-13 5:29 pm
- Italian Premier Letta backs 2024 Olympic bid Updated: Nov-13-13 8:40 am
- Two of last living WWII Medal of Honor recipients to attend... Updated: Nov-08-13 7:47 pm
- May: Rand Paul right on Christian plight, but lacks... Updated: Nov-06-13 12:46 pm
ROME - Pope Francis, in the heart of Rome's fanciest shopping district, prayed on Sunday that the poor are never forgotten.
VATICAN CITY - In a story Dec. 5 about the wedding of a former Legion of Christ priest, The Associated Press reported erroneously that the Legion said less than 4 percent of Legion priests had been abused. Less than 4 percent have been accused of sexual abuse, according to the Legion.
ROME - Tim Tebow has been offered a four-month contract by the Italian federation for American football, and the Milano Seamen are hoping to sign the free agent quarterback.
ROME - A lawyer for an Italian forced to have a cesarean section in Britain after authorities found her mentally incompetent to make medical decisions says the woman had made it clear she wanted to return to Italy to give birth.
If you know Federico Fellini's "La Dolce Vita," you'll be unable to watch "The Great Beauty" without thinking about it. This gorgeous Italian movie, like its predecessor, balances pungent satire and a more melancholy mood in portraying the dissolute world of the upper crust in contemporary Rome.
ROME - Italian Premier Enrico Letta says the economic crisis is feeding "the forces of extremism, hatred and intolerance" in Italy.
VATICAN CITY - Russian President Vladimir Putin had a busy first day in Rome on Monday, going from the pope to a "Pussy Riot" protest to dinner at the palazzo of his old friend, Silvio Berlusconi.
ROME - FIFA president Sepp Blatter backed calls from the European Union parliament urging Qatar to stop contractors from abusing migrant workers involved in building facilities for the 2022 World Cup.
THE HAGUE, Netherlands - Kenya's foreign minister said Thursday her country will push ahead with moves to have the International Criminal Court's founding document amended to grant sitting heads of state immunity from prosecution.
ROME - Italians opposed to the construction of a high-speed train between the Italian city of Turin and the French city of Lyon have clashed with police in Rome during a visit by French President Francois Hollande.
THE HAGUE, Netherlands - The International Criminal Court's vexed relationship with Africa took center stage Wednesday on the opening day of the annual summit of its 122 member states.
ROME - The Vatican on Tuesday unveiled newly restored frescoes in the Catacombs of Priscilla, known for housing the earliest known image of the Madonna with Child - and frescoes said by some to show women priests in the early Christian church.
ROME - The Mediterranean island of Sardinia, prized by the jet-set for its white sand beaches and crystal-clear seas, was a flood-ravaged mud bath Tuesday after a freak torrential rainstorm killed at least 16 people, downed bridges and swept away cars.
ROME - An Italian film about a truck driver's travels across Europe has taken the top award of best film at the Rome film festival.
ROME - Raimondo D'Inzeo, an Italian equestrian rider who won an Olympic gold medal in 1960 and competed in eight consecutive games, has died. He was 88.
VATICAN CITY - Pope Francis canceled his morning audiences Friday because of a cold, the first time the industrious pope is known to have slowed his busy schedule due to illness.
ROME - Pope Francis shunned a presidential guard escort for his first state visit to the Italian president Thursday in yet another breach of protocol and security, even though some people have expressed concerns for his safety as he ramps up his reform of the Vatican.
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - Ultra-traditionalist Roman Catholics have openly challenged Pope Francis by disrupting one of his favorite events, an interfaith ceremony in the Metropolitan Cathedral meant to promote religious harmony on the anniversary of the beginning of the Holocaust.
ROME - Italian Premier Enrico Letta reiterated his support Wednesday for a possible bid for the 2024 Summer Olympics and promoted a new law to help build football stadiums.
WASHINGTON - Of the 12 World War II Medal of Honor winners still living when the U.S. Postal Service decided to recognize them in January of 2012, four no longer are alive, including John D. "Bud" Hawk, of Bremerton, Wash., who died just last week at 89.
At last month's Values Voter Summit, a Washington gathering of conservative activists from around the country, Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky., gave a speech on what he called "a worldwide war on Christians by a fanatical element of Islam."