- Rome won't hold referendum on bid for 2024 Olympics Updated: Dec-01-15 1:09 pm
ROME - While Hamburg's bid for the 2020 Olympics was rejected by German voters, leaders of Rome's bid are sticking to their plans of avoiding a referendum.
- Germany deals IOC and Bach a message: No thanks, to Olympics Updated: Nov-30-15 1:34 pm
LONDON - Once again, German voters delivered a harsh and sobering message to the Olympic movement: No thanks.
- Italy great Dino Zoff hospitalized with viral infection Updated: Nov-28-15 3:49 pm
ROME - Former World Cup-winning goalkeeper Dino Zoff says his condition is improving after three weeks in the hospital for a viral infection.
- Journey to sainthood begins with simple step for priest Updated: Nov-28-15 10:53 am
VILLANOVA, Pennsylvania - While Archbishop Charles Chaput was preparing for the Philadelphia visit of Pope Francis two months ago, he took time to give his blessing to a mission that may make a deceased Delaware County man a saint.
- Francis begins peace pilgrimage to 3 African countries Updated: Nov-25-15 2:15 am
ROME - Pope Francis has begun a pilgrimage to three African nations.
- VP Biden adds stop in Rome, Italy to European trip Updated: Nov-24-15 2:17 pm
WASHINGTON - Vice President Joe Biden is adding Rome, Italy to his European trip over the Thanksgiving holiday.
- Report: FBI tips Italy to possible targets in Rome, Milan Updated: Nov-18-15 7:37 pm
ROME - The State Department is warning that St. Peter's Basilica in Rome, Milan's cathedral and La Scala opera house, as well as "general venues" like churches, synagogues, restaurants, theaters and hotels have been identified as "potential targets" in those two cities for terrorist attacks.
- Needing 'clean cash,' mobsters hungry for Rome's eateries Updated: Nov-16-15 6:56 am
ROME - Gianfranco Romeo sits at a table at his trattoria off the Pantheon, casting scorn over the idea that he's a frontman for a feared mafia clan.
- Fencing champion Bianchedi named Rome 2024 general director Updated: Nov-11-15 11:41 am
ROME - Two-time Olympic fencing gold medalist Diana Bianchedi is the new general director of Rome's bid for the 2024 Games.
- Roma shows off its title credentials as fans desert derby Updated: Nov-08-15 12:24 pm
ROME - Combining the power of Edin Dzeko with the speed of Gervinho and Mohamed Salah, Roma has the makings of a squad prepared to compete for its first title in 15 years.
- Corruption trial starts in Rome for 46 politicians, others Updated: Nov-05-15 11:19 am
ROME - An Italian court on Thursday began the trial of 46 politicians, businessmen and others in a still-expanding corruption probe investigating Rome's City Hall that has revealed a well-oiled system of alleged kickbacks, payoffs, and Mafia-style intimidation to gain control of millions of dollars of city contracts.
- Water flows once again at Rome's restored Trevi fountain Updated: Nov-03-15 2:31 pm
ROME - As hundreds of tourists and Romans took pictures, water began flowing once again at Rome's famed Trevi fountain after a 17-month, 2.2 million euro ($2.4 million) restoration.