- Photographer files suit over 'Portland Oregon' sign fee Updated: Jun-30-15 9:56 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - A Portland photographer has asked a judge to strike down an ordinance that allows the city to charge companies a fee for using its iconic "Portland Oregon" sign perched above Old Town.
- Newcomers Henderson, Plumlee, Vonleh introduced by Blazers Updated: Jun-29-15 8:56 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - On the first day in his new NBA city, Gerald Henderson was asked Monday about his impressions of Portland. Before he was able to answer, Trail Blazers general manager Neil Olshey mentioned the city's recent naked bicycle race.
- Fatal shooting by police outside Portland supermarket Updated: Jun-29-15 8:14 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - Police in Portland say a man in a grocery store parking lot brandished what appeared to be a gun and officers shot him to death. It turned out he had a starter's pistol.
- Sheriff: Man dies after Washington music festival Updated: Jun-29-15 8:13 pm
GEORGE, Washington - The Grant County sheriff's office says it has assigned a detective to investigate a 22-year-old Portland, Oregon, man's death after a music festival in Washington state over the weekend.
- Portland police: 1 man dead, 1 arrested in fatal stabbing Updated: Jun-29-15 7:25 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - Police in Portland say one man has been found dead at the scene of a reported stabbing in the southeast part of the city. A second man has been taken into custody.
- Fanendo Adi leads Timbers past Sounders, 4-1 Updated: Jun-28-15 10:54 pm
- Fanendo Adi leads Timbers past Sounders, 4-1 Updated: Jun-28-15 10:38 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - Heading into the final 15 minutes of the game, it shaping up to be an intense finish between Cascadia Cup rivals Portland and Seattle.
- Thousands missing from Clackamas property management firm Updated: Jun-28-15 4:43 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - State authorities have ousted the owner of a large Clackamas property management firm and are hunting for thousands of dollars in missing rents and deposits.
- 30-acre fire caused by sparks from passing freight train Updated: Jun-28-15 1:02 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - Fire officials say sparks from a passing freight train caused a 30-acre grassland fire in Portland on Friday.
- Man missing after falling off jet ski into Columbia River Updated: Jun-27-15 7:37 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - Authorities say rescue crews have suspended the search in the Columbia River for a 25-year-old man who went missing after he and his partner fell off their jet ski into the water.
- Agriculture department investigating Portland bee die-off Updated: Jun-27-15 6:09 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - The fifth mass bee death in Portland in the past several days has state investigators on the hunt for a cause.
- Portland fire chief announces burn ban Updated: Jun-27-15 12:17 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - Portland fire officials have announced a burn ban, citing hot temperatures and windy conditions.
- Oregon's retirement-age population growing fast Updated: Jun-26-15 10:16 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - The retirement-age boom is well underway in Oregon.
- Car carrying 3 plunges 40 feet down to Ore. river Updated: Jun-26-15 2:25 am
MOLALLA, Oregon - A Clackamas County sheriff's officer says three men have been pulled from a car that collided with another vehicle, then plunged down a 40-foot embankment to the Molalla River below.
- Blazers select forward Hollis-Jefferson, trade him Updated: Jun-26-15 2:05 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - The Portland Trail Blazers continued a retooling of their roster Thursday night when they selected Arizona forward Rondae Hollis-Jefferson with the 23rd pick of the NBA draft then sent him to Brooklyn as part of a four-player deal.
- Oregon man accused of killing parents, found in freezer Updated: Jun-25-15 4:19 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - A man was accused of killing his parents after their bodies were found in a freezer at their Oregon home by police who twice checked on them but were deterred by notes saying the family was away, authorities said Thursday.
- OHSU meets Nike co-founder's cancer research challenge Updated: Jun-25-15 12:07 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - Oregon Health & Science University officials said Thursday they have met the $500 million fundraising challenge issued by Nike co-founder Phil Knight and his wife, Penny.
- Man gets 6 years for setting fire to Portland restaurant Updated: Jun-25-15 6:17 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - A cook who sustained serious injuries while trying to burn down the Portland restaurant he worked at has been sentenced to one month shy of six years in prison for arson.
- Teenage boy pulled from water at Gresham, Ore., park dies Updated: Jun-25-15 12:25 am
GRESHAM, Oregon - A sheriff's spokesman says a 13-year-old Port Angeles, Washington, boy pulled from the water at an Oregon park has died.
- Police find body of person who jumped from Portland bridge Updated: Jun-24-15 4:27 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - Portland police say a body has been found in the Willamette River, and it's believed the person jumped from the St. Johns Bridge.
- Woman, 76, injured when car crashes into Ore. post office Updated: Jun-23-15 9:11 pm
TIGARD, Oregon - A police spokesman in the southwest Portland suburb of Tigard (TYE-gard) says a 76-year-old woman was injured when a car crashed through the front windows of the local post office.
- Warm temperatures a boon for stink bugs in the Northwest Updated: Jun-23-15 5:04 pm
VANCOUVER, Washington - On a hot June day, Joe Beaudoin ducked into the shade of his orchard to check for peaches with shallow dimples - the telltale signs left by the brown marmorated stink bug.
- Cyclists find scenic escapes on back roads outside Portland Updated: Jun-23-15 9:44 am
TROUTDALE, Oregon - As laid-back as Portland is, it's still a city with hustle and bustle. My escape is right at my doorstep: a picturesque slice of Oregon that appeals to my urge to aimlessly wander on lonesome roads.
- Portland man accused of luring woman with job interview Updated: Jun-23-15 6:28 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - A Portland man accused of luring a woman to his condo with the promise of a job interview, then raping her and choking her unconscious, has pleaded innocent to charges including rape, kidnapping and strangulation.
- Nearly 100 cats rescued from S. Oregon home Updated: Jun-22-15 11:53 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - Nearly 100 cats have been rescued from a single home in Klamath Falls in southern Oregon.