- Patient strategy pays off for FBI in ending Oregon standoff Updated: Feb-12-16 1:25 pm
BURNS, Oregon - The last four armed occupiers of an Oregon wildlife refuge surrendered without a shot being fired, signaling a victory for the FBI's patient approach and reflecting lessons that agents have learned since past bloody standoffs.
- Sheriff settles hostile work environment case Updated: Feb-12-16 5:36 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - Multnomah County Sheriff Dan Staton has reached a settlement with a chief deputy who filed a tort claim alleging the sheriff created a hostile work environment.
- Wiljer, Sabonis lead Gonzaga past Portland 92-66 Updated: Feb-12-16 1:32 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - Kyle Wiltjer had five 3-pointers and 21 points, Domantas Sabonis had a double-double and Gonzaga rolled to a 92-66 win over Portland on Thursday night.
- Oregon Senate approves bill to increase minimum wage Updated: Feb-11-16 11:09 pm
SALEM, Oregon - The Oregon Senate approved a measure Thursday that would incrementally increase the state's minimum wage over the next six years.
- Cliven Bundy to remain in jail in 2014 Nevada standoff case Updated: Feb-11-16 7:04 pm
LAS VEGAS - The father of the jailed leader of a group that occupied an Oregon federal wildlife refuge was charged Thursday by federal authorities with leading a tense April 2014 armed standoff with Bureau of Land Management agents near his ranch in Nevada.
- The Latest: 9 others charged with armed Oregon standoff Updated: Feb-11-16 6:15 pm
BURNS, Oregon - The Latest on the standoff at a national wildlife refuge in Oregon (all times local):
- Agencies push back on proposal to double lodging tax Updated: Feb-11-16 2:56 pm
SALEM, Oregon - Portland government agencies are pushing against a proposal to double Oregon's lodging tax in preparation for the 2021 world track and field championships in Eugene.
- Lillard scores 31 as surging Blazers beat Rockets 116-103 Updated: Feb-11-16 3:00 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - The Houston Rockets are "broken," according to their coach and star player. The Portland Trail Blazers are in the middle of their best run of basketball all season.
- Meter supplier gets 15 months for bribing Portland official Updated: Feb-10-16 6:20 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - A Florida businessman who bribed his way into winning multi-million dollar contracts to supply Portland's parking meters has been sentenced to 15 months in federal prison.
- Oregon pension funds see 20 percent increase in deficit Updated: Feb-10-16 12:26 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - Oregon Treasurer and Portland mayoral candidate Ted Wheeler issued a statement last week noting that the state pension fund's investment returns were 2.1 percent in 2015.
- State: No carcinogens found in air at Portland schools Updated: Feb-10-16 8:11 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - Air tests at five Portland schools have found no traces of carcinogens that have been found in other neighborhoods of the city.
- Body pulled from Willamette River Updated: Feb-09-16 3:04 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - Multnomah County authorities have recovered a body from the Willamette River in Portland.
- Attorney General to visit 6 cities to highlight police work Updated: Feb-08-16 8:10 pm
WASHINGTON - Attorney General Loretta Lynch plans to visit six cities in the coming months to highlight police departments she sees as role models for law enforcement.
- Police ID victim in Gresham homicide as Portland man Updated: Feb-08-16 12:52 pm
GRESHAM, Oregon - Gresham police have identified a man killed in a shooting last week as 22-year-old Ravell Sterling of Portland.
- Woman leads officers on pursuit with 3 kids in car Updated: Feb-08-16 12:37 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - Portland police say they have arrested a woman who led officers on a chase while three children were in her car.
- 11 new buildings planned for downtown Portland Updated: Feb-08-16 12:19 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - Portland real estate owners have revealed a plan to bring $1.5 billion in investment to transform one of the city's oldest neighborhoods.
- Woman falls to her death in downtown Portland Updated: Feb-07-16 11:41 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - Portland police say a woman either fell or jumped from a building in downtown Portland on Saturday afternoon. The Oregonian reports (http://is.gd/b3n8Am ) there are no indications of foul play involved in her death.
- Breunig's career night lifts Montana over Portland St. 82-80 Updated: Feb-07-16 12:47 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - Martin Breunig had 26 of his career-high 32 points in the second half to power Montana's 82-80 comeback win over Portland State on Saturday night.
- Oregon police officer shot while serving warrant on suspect Updated: Feb-06-16 11:09 pm
SEASIDE, Oregon - A police officer in Seaside, Oregon, was fatally shot as he was serving an arrest warrant Friday night, authorities said.
- Portland's TryEco to move headquarters to Albany Updated: Feb-06-16 1:53 pm
ALBANY, Oregon - The maker of a product that could reduce water demand in farming is establishing its headquarters in Albany.
- Bend brewing boom includes nanobrewers Updated: Feb-06-16 2:05 am
BEND, Oregon - From the outside, the two-story building behind the Anderson home on NW Third Street resembles any other detached garage on a residential street in Bend.
- Myrtle Point BotCat robotics team roars into competition Updated: Feb-06-16 2:05 am
MYRTLE POINT, Oregon - The classroom of Myrtle Point High School math teacher Joshua Hebebrand is buzzing with activity. The BotCats are getting ready to roll; they have just two weeks to prepare for a qualifying tournament in Hillsboro, which will determine whether they will then go on to the statewide tournament in Portland. Not bad for a first-year team.
- Raptors hold off Blazers for 110-103 victory Updated: Feb-05-16 11:23 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - Kyle Lowry credited backcourt teammate DeMar DeRozan for Toronto's latest win.
- Hot-shooting Portland State rolls past Montana State 83-68 Updated: Feb-05-16 12:16 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - Isaiah Pineiro scored 22 points and Portland State shot 60 percent from the floor and rolled to an 83-68 victory over Montana State on Thursday night.
- 4 women accused of stealing more than 50 Fitbits in Eugene Updated: Feb-04-16 11:58 am
EUGENE, Oregon - Four Portland women have been accused of stealing more than 50 Fitbit activity trackers from two Eugene businesses in one day.