- Alarmed by accidents, Portland bicyclists ride for safety Updated: May-29-15 6:34 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - A spate of high-profile bicycle accidents has alarmed Portland riders, and some are rallying to raise safety awareness.
- Police: Gunshots at NE Portland fair; 3 people injured Updated: May-29-15 2:20 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - Police say three young people have been wounded by gunfire at a street fair in northeast Portland.
- Portland Police Bureau swears in first Somali police officer Updated: May-28-15 6:23 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - The Portland Police Bureau has sworn in its first Somali-American police officer.
- Oregon Senate backs new regulations for medical marijuana Updated: May-28-15 3:26 am
SALEM, Oregon - The state Senate voted Wednesday to impose stricter regulations on Oregon's medical marijuana program as lawmakers get ready for the legalization of pot for recreational use.
- Johnson returns to lead Timbers over DC Updated: May-28-15 1:59 am
- Timbers beat East-leading DC United 1-0 Updated: May-28-15 1:41 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - With the return of another key piece of the lineup, the Portland Timbers hope to begin climbing the standings.
- Man pleads guilty in Portland-area bank robberies Updated: May-28-15 1:23 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - A 26-year-old man has pleaded guilty to robbing five banks in the Portland area a little more than a year ago.
- Portland woman: 2 years for fictional federal tax returns Updated: May-28-15 12:47 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - Federal prosecutors say a 51-year-old Portland woman filed hundreds of fictional federal tax returns in the names of others, seeking refunds of $1.1 million and collecting nearly $960,000 from the U.S. Treasury in unwarranted refunds.
- Parking meter bribery: Former Portland official gets 2 years Updated: May-27-15 3:04 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - A federal judge has sentenced a former Portland city official to two years in prison for taking bribes to help a Florida company land a contract to install high-tech parking meters.
- Body found in Portland river was city resident Updated: May-27-15 12:35 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - A Multnomah County sheriff's spokesman says a body found floating in the Willamette River has been identified as that of 52-year-old Portland woman.
- Portland police asking homeless campers to remove camps Updated: May-26-15 9:32 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - Portland police have launched an effort to get homeless campers to remove their street camps.
- Ex-officer who wounded man in ammo mistake kills himself Updated: May-26-15 7:03 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - A former Portland police officer who seriously wounded a man after mistakenly loading lethal rounds into a beanbag shotgun has killed himself, authorities said Tuesday.
- Portland police investigate 2 robberies with similarities Updated: May-25-15 12:02 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - Portland police are investigating two Sunday night robberies with similarities.
- Man hurt in Portland police shooting released from hospital Updated: May-24-15 5:37 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - A man shot and wounded by Portland police this month has been released from the hospital and is due in court Tuesday.
- Office buildings come to Portland's North Williams corridor Updated: May-23-15 1:04 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - Portland's North Williams corridor probably isn't the next Lloyd District, but a trio of new office buildings there might put the rapidly changing neighborhood on the map for companies in the market for office space.
- Man burned in blast making hash oil sues butane businesses Updated: May-22-15 6:52 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - An Oregon medical marijuana patient who was badly burned in an explosion while he was legally using butane as a solvent to make hash oil is suing the makers and sellers of the fuel.
- 19 long-dead Oregon hospital patients get military honors Updated: May-22-15 5:07 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - They served in the Civil War, the Indian Wars, the Spanish-American War and World War I. But for decades, their ashes and those of thousands of others lay abandoned in corroded urns in an outbuilding at Oregon's state psychiatric hospital.
- Corvallis-based Bravo company returns home from Afghanistan Updated: May-21-15 2:00 pm
CORVALLIS, Oregon - After more than a year of serving his country in Afghanistan, Cpl. Kevin Brower couldn't wait a second longer to propose to his girlfriend, Aubrie Irons.
- Ore. court: Hunches, sniff test no reason to intercept mail Updated: May-21-15 6:20 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - An Oregon Court of Appeals panel has ruled that a U.S. postal inspector and Portland police had no legal authority to intercept a man's package based on their contraband hunches and a police dog's reaction after sniffing the item.
- Wine Country bypass under construction, won't help this year Updated: May-20-15 4:41 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - The good news is that the Newberg-Dundee Bypass is well into construction.
- Use of video visits for inmates grows, along with concerns Updated: May-20-15 3:40 am
RICHMOND, Texas - Four-year-old William Cole saw his father's face and reached out to touch it during a jail visit. But he could only feel a video screen.
- 7 dump trucks burn in Milwaukie; fuel spreads to stream Updated: May-19-15 5:19 pm
MILWAUKIE, Oregon - Seven dump trucks burned early Tuesday at a business in Milwaukie, just south of Portland, and diesel fuel leaked into a tributary of the Willamette River.
- Portland mother indicted for leaving toddler outside in tent Updated: May-19-15 6:15 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - A 22-year-old Portland woman accused of leaving her 23-month-old daughter in a tent outside has pleaded not guilty.
- Eugene builders can't find enough skilled workers Updated: May-18-15 4:04 pm
EUGENE, Oregon - By most accounts, Lane County's construction market is booming.
- Portland Muslim leader gets master's at Catholic school Updated: May-18-15 3:27 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - The premise of Abdullah Polovina's story sounds like the start of a bar joke: