- Virginas broadcast winners list Updated: Apr-23-16 4:22 pm
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Virginia - Winners have been announced in the Virginias Associated Press Broadcasters 2016 contest.
- Roanoke anchor John Carlin wins Gallimore award Updated: Apr-23-16 4:08 pm
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Virginia - John Carlin, who anchors four news programs each day for Roanoke station WSLS-TV, is the recipient of this year's AP Robert Gallimore Distinguished Service Award.
- Medical examiner: Worker died from drowning, burns at plant Updated: Apr-15-16 7:23 pm
DANVILLE, Virginia - The Office of the Chief Medical say a worker killed in an accident at a Goodyear plant in southern Virginia died from burns and drowning.
- Prosecutor: No charges against slain reporter's father Updated: Apr-13-16 5:07 pm
ROCKY MOUNT, Virginia - A Virginia special prosecutor says he will not seek criminal charges in a dispute between a state senator and the father of a TV reporter who was fatally shot during a live broadcast.
- Prosecutor: No charges against slain reporter's father Updated: Apr-13-16 4:52 pm
ROCKY MOUNT, Virginia - A special prosecutor says he will not seek criminal charges in a dispute between a state senator and the father of a TV reporter who was fatally shot during a live broadcast.
- Accusations, blame follow loss of brewery to Roanoke Updated: Apr-07-16 4:54 am
ASHEVILLE, North Carolina - A Buncombe County government meeting ended with accusations and blame over a lost deal to lure an Oregon-based brewery offering 135 jobs.
- Police probe 'suspicious death' of woman found in ditch Updated: Apr-06-16 7:37 am
CLINCHPORT, Virginia - Authorities say a woman's death is being treated as suspicious after she was found lying in a ditch and later died.
- 2 seek acquittal, new trial in Va. reserve officer's slaying Updated: Apr-05-16 6:46 am
ROANOKE, Virginia - Two of six men found guilty in connection with the slaying of a Waynesboro reserve police officer are seeking to either have their convictions thrown out or be given a new trial.
- Manteo installs storm drains to move flooding off streets Updated: Apr-03-16 12:42 pm
MANTEO, North Carolina - An Outer Banks city is close to completing a project aimed at ending a record of bad flooding after big storms.