- Indiana mayor pleads not guilty to fraud charges Updated: Apr-17-14 2:25 pm
- Gary man charged in Fort Wayne shop owner's death Updated: Apr-16-14 8:03 pm
- Truck located after hit-skip death of Gary boy, 13 Updated: Apr-14-14 7:28 pm
- Michigan State's Gary Harris entering NBA draft Updated: Apr-14-14 6:03 pm
- Gary hotel eyesore demolition to begin soon Updated: Apr-13-14 2:52 pm
- Visitors flock to church to see statue with 'tear' Updated: Apr-09-14 9:52 am
- Correction: US Steel-Icy Shutdown story Updated: Apr-08-14 12:16 pm
- Correction: US Steel-Icy Shutdown story Updated: Apr-08-14 11:50 am
- Book delves into lives of gay Indiana steelworkers Updated: Apr-08-14 10:16 am
- Gary official sentenced on tax charges Updated: Apr-01-14 4:55 pm
- Indiana center would help sex assault victims Updated: Mar-30-14 5:52 pm
- FBI raids NW Indiana township trustee office Updated: Mar-28-14 2:43 pm
- Indiana firm to appeal proposed fine in mill death Updated: Mar-26-14 8:55 pm
- Kentucky and Louisville meet in Bluegrass showdown Updated: Mar-24-14 6:48 pm
- Gary mayor wants residents to leverage city data Updated: Mar-23-14 6:49 pm
HAMMOND, Indiana - A northwestern Indiana mayor pleaded not guilty Thursday to federal charges that he and his wife took more than $18,000 from his campaign account at the same time they had big casino gambling losses.
FORT WAYNE, Indiana - Tips from the public, including the suspect's own family, led to the arrest of a Gary man in connection with the fatal shooting of a Fort Wayne tobacco store owner, authorities said Wednesday.
GARY, Indiana - Gary police say they've located a truck they believe was involved in a hit-and-run crash that killed a 13-year-old boy.
Gary Harris is going pro, thanks in part to coach Tom Izzo's recommendation.
GARY, Indiana - Gary officials say city residents soon will see the first outward signs of the demolition of a 12-story hotel that once was a symbol of a northwestern Indiana city's hopes for turnaround but instead became a constant reminder of its troubles.
GRIFFITH, Indiana - What appears to be a tear-stained cheek on a statue of Mary on the grounds of St. Mary Catholic Church is moving some people to tears as others caution against a rush to judgment.
GARY, Indiana - In a story April 5 about the effects of ice on the Great Lakes, The Associated Press reported erroneously that production at U.S. Steel's Gary Works had been temporarily halted. Production was scaled back but did not stop.
INDIANAPOLIS - In an April 7 story about ice on the Great Lakes interfering with steel production, The Associated Press reported erroneously that production at U.S. Steel's Gary Works had stopped for a week. Production was scaled back but not shut down.
GARY, Indiana - Two women who worked at a local steel mill hid a secret from their co-workers - they lived together and were romantically involved.
HAMMOND, Indiana - A Gary city councilman who pleaded guilty to failing to file tax returns has received a three-year prison sentence.
MUNSTER, Indiana - The volume of sex assault crimes in northwest Indiana has prompted one nurse to make plans for a special treatment center for victims.
GARY, Indiana - Federal and state agents have searched the northwestern Indiana office of what is among the largest township government units in the state.
EAST CHICAGO, Indiana - A Gary construction company plans to appeal a proposed state fine of $3,500 for allegedly not alerting employees to unsafe conditions before a nearly 4-ton steel plate fell, killing one worker and injuring two others, a company official said Wednesday.
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - It's Kentucky and Louisville, one more time.
GARY, Indiana - Gary Mayor Karen Freeman-Wilson wants computer and information technology experts to develop new applications that the public can use with open government data.