- Sons of slain Gary officer work to preserve father's legacy Updated: May-22-15 9:34 am
GARY, Indiana - David Rorex was just a baby when his father, Gary police Detective Dorian Rorex, was shot and killed while chasing a drug dealer through a Gary alley in 1998.
- Supreme Court upholds death sentence of Gary family killer Updated: May-20-15 12:14 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - The Indiana Supreme Court has upheld the death sentence of a Gary man convicted of killing his wife and two teenage stepchildren.
- Gary to open bids to demolish Ambassador Apartments Updated: May-20-15 4:04 am
GARY, Indiana - The city of Gary plans to open bids Tuesday on proposals to demolish what was one of its tallest buildings when it opened in 1928.
- Police investigate death of 2-year-old girl in Gary Updated: May-19-15 7:26 am
GARY, Indiana - Authorities say they are investigating the death of a 2-year-old girl in Gary that has been ruled a homicide.
- Bus from Gary casino left dangling after going off bridge Updated: May-17-15 1:28 pm
GARY, Indiana - Gary police say a driver for a casino bus with no passengers was rescued after the vehicle was left dangling after going off a bridge in northwest Indiana.
- US Steel lays off another 285 works at Gary Works mill Updated: May-16-15 3:43 pm
GARY, Indiana - U.S. Steel has laid off another 285 workers at its Gary Works mill in the latest wave of layoffs spurred by weak demand for its steel.
- Father accused of neglect after son shoots daughter in hand Updated: May-14-15 8:14 am
CROWN POINT, Indiana - A Gary man is being accused of neglect after police say his 6-year-old son shot his 3-year-old daughter in the hand while they were alone in the car.
- State wildlife crews to spray in 3 counties for gypsy moths Updated: May-13-15 4:19 am
GARY, Indiana - State wildlife crews are resuming their aerial spraying campaign against an invasive moth that has a foothold over a large swath of northern Indiana.
- Indiana State Police investigating Gary city employees Updated: May-07-15 8:04 am
GARY, Indiana - Indiana State Police say they're investigating city of Gary employees after getting a report of a crime involving Apple products.
- Gary man charged with killing 2 told death penalty possible Updated: May-06-15 3:51 pm
CROWN POINT, Indiana - A judge on Wednesday formally informed a Gary man charged with murder in the deaths of two women and suspected of killing five others that he could face the death penalty.
- Brainard wins in Carmel, Hogsett, Brewer win in Indianapolis Updated: May-05-15 10:20 pm
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - A five-term mayor of an affluent Indianapolis suburb known for its sustained building boom defeated a challenger in the Republican primary who said the city was spending too much and would eventually need to raise taxes.
- Sister of slaying suspect says charges are hard to believe Updated: May-05-15 3:04 pm
ANDERSON, Indiana - The sister of a Gary woman accused of killing a baby's mother and trying to pass off the newborn as her own says the charges against her sibling are "a hard pill to swallow."
- 115 Indiana cities holding mayoral primaries on Tuesday Updated: May-02-15 10:13 am
INDIANAPOLIS - Mayoral primaries can be sleepy affairs with low voter turnout. But Tuesday's elections could bring some intrigue as residents in 115 cities across Indiana set the stage for November's elections.
- Indiana woman found shot to death inside apartment Updated: Apr-27-15 8:01 am
GARY, Indiana - Authorities are investigating after a northwestern Indiana woman was found shot to death inside her apartment over the weekend.
- Gary man fatally shot, dog wounded in drive-by shooting Updated: Apr-25-15 6:16 pm
GARY, Indiana - Northern Indiana authorities say a 48-year-old Gary man out walking his dog was shot to death in a drive-by shooting that also left his dog wounded.