- Driver of Gary church bus that crashed, killing boy, in jail Updated: Aug-03-15 5:11 pm
GREENFIELD, Indiana - The driver of a Gary church bus that overturned on a highway, killing a 6-year-old boy, has been arrested following his release from an Indianapolis hospital.
- 15-year-old girl killed in drive-by shooting in Gary Updated: Aug-03-15 12:32 pm
GARY, Indiana - Police say they have no clues regarding who shot and killed a 15-year-old Gary girl while she was going to visit the home of a friend's grandmother.
- Excise officer arrests Gary man wanted on kidnapping charges Updated: Aug-02-15 3:03 pm
MICHIGAN CITY, Indiana - A Gary man wanted on kidnapping charges has been arrested.
- Police: 2 men shot dead at Gary public housing complex Updated: Jul-31-15 8:49 am
GARY, Indiana - Officials in Gary say two men have been shot dead at one of the city's public housing complexes.
- State Police: Bus in fatal crash hadn't registered for trip Updated: Jul-29-15 4:55 pm
GREENFIELD, Indiana - A church bus that overturned near Indianapolis this week, killing a 6-year-old and injuring several others, lacked a required federal registration needed for its planned out-of-state trip, Indiana State Police said Wednesday.
- Gary church bishop unaware driver had a suspended license Updated: Jul-29-15 4:05 pm
GREENFIELD, Indiana - The bishop of a Gary church says she was unaware the driver of bus carrying parishioners involved in a crash that killed a 6-year-old boy was driving with a suspended license.
- Gary schools pick finance expert to help with deficit, debt Updated: Jul-29-15 8:04 am
GARY, Indiana - The Gary school district is bringing in a Michigan-based financial expert to help it deal with a $23.7 million deficit and total debt of roughly $92 million.
- Court upholds sentence in beating death of 60-year-old woman Updated: Jul-28-15 11:11 am
INDIANAPOLIS - The Indiana Court of Appeals has upheld a 60-year prison sentence for a 21-year-old Gary man in the beating death of a 60-year-old woman.
- Gary man, 80, drowns in northern Indiana lake Updated: Jul-25-15 5:56 pm
LAPORTE, Indiana - Conservation officers say an 80-year-old Gary man drowned in a northern Indiana lake while trying to retrieve a fishing boat that drifted away as he and friend were launching it.
- 21 abandoned schools add to Gary's urban decay Updated: Jul-25-15 5:46 pm
GARY, Indiana - Gary's neighborhoods are pockmarked with 21 abandoned schools littered with broken windows and gang graffiti that add to the northwestern Indiana city's urban decay.
- 2 Gary brothers reported missing days before bodies found Updated: Jul-22-15 6:31 am
HOBART, Indiana - Authorities say two brothers from Gary had been reported missing by their mother 11 days before their bodies were found decomposed in a wooded area in northwest Indiana.
- Governors order National Guardsmen to be armed after attacks Updated: Jul-18-15 6:49 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Governors in at least a half-dozen states ordered National Guardsmen to be armed in the wake of an attack on two military facilities in Tennessee, and Florida Gov. Rick Scott went a step further Saturday by immediately relocated recruiters to armories.
- Homeless man from Gary receives job interview makeover Updated: Jul-16-15 5:04 am
HOBART, Indiana - Byron Allen had been living in a motel near Gary's Miller neighborhood until his employer didn't pay him on time, and he got kicked out on the street.
- Mayor: Gary Air Show to return to Marquette Park in 2016 Updated: Jul-16-15 4:05 am
GARY, Indiana - Mayor Karen Freeman-Wilson says the Gary Air Show will return next year to the shores of the city's Marquette Park beach.
- Gary schools to choose from 3 financial consultants Updated: Jul-14-15 9:30 am
GARY, Indiana - The state of Indiana's Distress Unit Appeals Board has given Gary's school district the choice of three consultants to provide it financial assistance.
- Obama commutations include 2 Chicago men, 1 from Gary Updated: Jul-13-15 1:48 pm
CHICAGO - Two Chicago men, including one serving a life sentence, and a Gary, Indiana man were among nearly four dozen non-violent offenders whose prison sentences President Barack Obama has commuted.
- Officials see Gary runway expansion as economic catalyst Updated: Jul-11-15 5:46 pm
GARY, Indiana - The completion of an 8,900-foot runway has given Gary/Chicago International Airport the capability to relieve Chicago's O'Hare and Midway airports of some cargo and general aviation operations and possibly provide a long sought economic catalyst for the region, officials say.
- Officials: Teen found dead inside Gary school was strangled Updated: Jul-09-15 6:10 am
GARY, Indiana - Authorities say a 17-year-old Chicago girl whose body was found inside a vacant Gary school was strangled.
- 2 Gary residents arrested in alleged human trafficking case Updated: Jul-05-15 6:32 pm
GARY, Indiana - Two Gary residents face state and federal charges stemming from a case in which a woman told police she was forced to perform sex acts with men against her will.