- Veteran Indiana state Sen. Rogers considering retirement Updated: Nov-25-15 12:38 pm
GARY, Indiana - One of the longest-serving members of the Indiana Legislature says she's considering not seeking re-election next year.
- Man gets 50 years in prison in 1979 slaying of Gary woman Updated: Nov-25-15 12:29 pm
CROWN POINT, Indiana - A man convicted in the 1979 slaying of a Gary woman has been sentenced to 50 years in prison.
- Gary's Vacant to Vibrant projects get kudos from residents Updated: Nov-25-15 5:05 am
GARY, Indiana - City officials gathered with nonprofit and federal partners Monday morning to officially open a rain garden on a formerly abandoned lot in the city's Aetna neighborhood.
- Suspected killer cancels request to represent himself Updated: Nov-18-15 9:25 am
CROWN POINT, Indiana - A northwest Indiana man charged with strangling two women has decided not to represent himself during his upcoming trial.
- Company drops request for immigrant detention center Updated: Nov-17-15 9:49 pm
GARY, Indiana - A Florida-based company has withdrawn its request for a zoning variance to build an 800-bed immigration detention facility near the Gary Chicago International Airport.
- Lawyer: Escort to meet with NCAA next week about Louisville Updated: Nov-13-15 12:29 am
Katina Powell will meet next week with the NCAA to share "demonstrative evidence" regarding the escort's allegations that a former Louisville men's basketball assistant hired her and other dancers to strip and have sex with recruits and Cardinals players.
- Gary leaders consider plan for immigration detention center Updated: Nov-07-15 10:19 am
GARY, Indiana - Some city council members in Gary want more information about an 800-bed immigration detention facility proposed for property near the Gary Chicago International Airport.
- Gary girl, 3, killed when she runs into street, hit by truck Updated: Nov-05-15 8:35 am
GARY, Indiana - Police say a 3-year-old Gary girl has died from injuries she suffered when she ran into traffic and was struck by a pickup truck.
- Gary schools wrestling with debt as enrollment plummets Updated: Nov-01-15 11:33 am
GARY, Indiana - A state-hired consultant says the Gary school district faces more staffing cuts and possible school closings as it tries to emerge from estimated debts of at least $75 million and enrollment continues to plummet.
- John Calipari: Kentucky might be better later than sooner Updated: Oct-29-15 11:24 am
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - Kentucky coach John Calipari is prepared for his latest talented freshman class to come together later than sooner.