- Brainard wins in Carmel, Hogsett, Brewer win in Indianapolis Updated: May-05-15 10:20 pm
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - A five-term mayor of an affluent Indianapolis suburb known for its sustained building boom defeated a challenger in the Republican primary who said the city was spending too much and would eventually need to raise taxes.
- Sister of slaying suspect says charges are hard to believe Updated: May-05-15 3:04 pm
ANDERSON, Indiana - The sister of a Gary woman accused of killing a baby's mother and trying to pass off the newborn as her own says the charges against her sibling are "a hard pill to swallow."
- 115 Indiana cities holding mayoral primaries on Tuesday Updated: May-02-15 10:13 am
INDIANAPOLIS - Mayoral primaries can be sleepy affairs with low voter turnout. But Tuesday's elections could bring some intrigue as residents in 115 cities across Indiana set the stage for November's elections.
- Indiana woman found shot to death inside apartment Updated: Apr-27-15 8:01 am
GARY, Indiana - Authorities are investigating after a northwestern Indiana woman was found shot to death inside her apartment over the weekend.
- Gary man fatally shot, dog wounded in drive-by shooting Updated: Apr-25-15 6:16 pm
GARY, Indiana - Northern Indiana authorities say a 48-year-old Gary man out walking his dog was shot to death in a drive-by shooting that also left his dog wounded.
- Book shows boxer Tony Zale impacted by Gary and its mills Updated: Apr-22-15 9:13 am
GRIFFITH, Indiana - Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiano is boxing's fiercest rivalry.
- Police: Indiana slaying part of elaborate scheme to get baby Updated: Apr-21-15 5:43 pm
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - Samantha Fleming was asleep in the Indiana apartment she shared with her boyfriend and newborn daughter when the doorbell rang April 6. On the other side, police say, was a professionally dressed woman carrying a binder who introduced herself to Fleming's boyfriend as a Department of Child Services worker on a surprise visit.
- Woman charged in Anderson woman's death won't talk to police Updated: Apr-21-15 3:07 pm
ANDERSON, Indiana - Indiana police say a Gary woman charged with murder in the death of an Anderson woman has refused to answer questions from detectives.
- Body found in Gary home identified as missing Anderson woman Updated: Apr-20-15 4:37 pm
GARY, Indiana - A body found wrapped in plastic in a Gary home has been identified as that of a central Indiana woman who vanished with her infant daughter in early April, apparently lured away by a woman claiming to be a child-welfare worker, authorities said.
- Police worry woman suspected in murder-abduction may flee Updated: Apr-19-15 6:08 pm
ANDERSON, Indiana - Police are taking precautions to ensure a woman suspected of killing an Indiana mother in order to steal a 3-week-old infant doesn't flee a hospital in Texas where she is being treated for depression.
- Gary bishop, Notre Dame chief react to Cardinal George death Updated: Apr-17-15 5:22 pm
GARY, Indiana - Catholic leaders in Indiana are praising the late Cardinal Francis George as a dedicated servant to the church.
- Death penalty sought in suspected Indiana serial killings Updated: Apr-17-15 3:49 pm
CROWN POINT, Indiana - Indiana prosecutors filed a request Friday seeking the death penalty against a man charged in the slayings of two women and suspected in the deaths of five other women whose bodies were found last fall in abandoned homes in Gary.
- Chicago-based company lured to Indiana amid jobs rivalry Updated: Apr-16-15 4:34 pm
GARY, Indiana - An Illinois-based industrial shelving company announced plans Thursday to expand in northwest Indiana with roughly 300 new jobs, a move that comes as a longtime job-poaching rivalry between the two states appears to be intensifying.
- Federal transportation officials look at safety in Gary Updated: Apr-16-15 2:19 pm
GARY, Indiana - The northwest Indiana community of Gary has been selected by federal officials for a safety and transportation assessment.
- Gary lures Chicago company across border to create 300 jobs Updated: Apr-16-15 12:52 pm
GARY, Indiana - Officials with an Illinois-based industrial shelving company say they're expanding in Gary, Indiana.
- 3 charged in January death of Gary man found dumped in woods Updated: Apr-15-15 1:23 pm
GARY, Indiana - Three people have been charged in the January beating death of a Gary man whose body was dumped in a wooded area.
- Gary airport's new runway extension to be ready in June Updated: Apr-14-15 10:35 am
GARY, Indiana - Airport officials in Gary say planes will be able to use an extended main runway at the Gary/Chicago International Airport by June 25.
- Illinois man found shot dead outside Gary gas station Updated: Apr-13-15 10:46 am
GARY, Indiana - Police say a 21-year-old Illinois man was found fatally shot outside a gas station in Gary.
- Gary man faces charges in fatal hit-and-run in East Chicago Updated: Apr-13-15 7:28 am
EAST CHICAGO, Indiana - Authorities have arrested a 57-year-old Gary man in a fatal hit-and-run crash in East Chicago.
- Grenades removed from Gary mobile home Updated: Apr-10-15 10:32 am
GARY, Indiana - Police say they three live World War II-era Japanese grenades have been removed from a vacant mobile home in Gary.
- Live WWII-era grenades discovered in Gary mobile home Updated: Apr-10-15 4:52 am
GARY, Indiana - Authorities have removed three live grenades from a vacant trailer at a mobile home park in Gary.
- Record 7 Kentucky players off to NBA draft Updated: Apr-09-15 5:26 pm
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - A record seven players are leaving a mighty Kentucky team after a season that fell two wins short of a championship. They can look forward to a possible reunion in a couple of months at the NBA draft.
- Cooper would veto religious exemption bills if NC governor Updated: Apr-08-15 2:26 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Attorney General Roy Cooper said Wednesday he supports requiring North Carolina police to wear body cameras and rejects proposals allowing public officials and potentially businesses to cite religion for declining to serve gay couples.
- Gary church at risk of closing gets 1-year reprieve Updated: Apr-06-15 10:33 am
GARY, Indiana - Members of a Gary church at risk of closing have been given a year's reprieve. But the Diocese of Gary says they have to come up with a plan to keep the church viable.