- Mount Edgecumbe team works on UAV project Updated: Mar-02-14 5:05 am
- Sitka man sentenced for putting out bear poison Updated: Feb-28-14 6:13 am
- Alaska dam expansion going over estimated cost Updated: Feb-27-14 6:00 pm
- New Orthodox bishop installed in Sitka Updated: Feb-24-14 6:23 pm
- Sitka man charged with trying to keep bear kill Updated: Feb-10-14 3:28 pm
- Researchers looking for cause of starfish deaths Updated: Feb-09-14 6:07 pm
- Sitka super job narrowed to 2 finalists Updated: Feb-09-14 5:40 am
- Sitka students prepare for barn dance Updated: Feb-09-14 5:20 am
SITKA, Alaska - The Mount Edgecumbe InvenTeam has prototypes and a pilot ready for their UAV search and rescue project, but the group still has some work to do before their invention makes its way into the equipment arsenal of Sitka Mountain Rescue.
SITKA, Alaska - A Sitka golf course employee who tried to poison bears but instead killed two dogs has been sentenced to 30 days in jail.
JUNEAU, Alaska - The Blue Lake dam expansion near Sitka will go over estimates by $3.6 million.
JUNEAU, Alaska - A new bishop for the Orthodox Church has been installed for the Diocese of Sitka and all Alaska.
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - A Sitka man is charged for lying to wildlife officials about the circumstances of a bear shooting, and for keeping the hide.
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Starfish at the Anchorage Museum have shown signs of a wasting disease reported up and down the West Coast, and eight had to be euthanized last fall.
SITKA, Alaska - The search for a new school superintendent in Sitka has been narrowed to two candidates.
SITKA, Alaska - Students at Keet Gooshi Heen Elementary this week learned how to line up as either a "biscuit" or "butter."