- Exhibit variety plan for Sitka museum Updated: Apr-13-14 5:28 am
- Washington state man to lead Sitka tribe Updated: Apr-13-14 5:07 am
- Local fish served in Alaska schools Updated: Apr-12-14 5:31 am
- Sitka ban keeps kids from places allowing smoking Updated: Apr-10-14 1:56 pm
- Sitka panel seeks more information on eagle nests Updated: Apr-03-14 12:55 pm
- Alaska school district moves to attract teachers Updated: Apr-01-14 3:00 pm
- Sitka herring opener concludes within 45 minutes Updated: Mar-31-14 2:41 pm
- DNR proposes land sale near Sitka Updated: Mar-30-14 6:40 am
- Agency to review Alexander Archipelago wolves Updated: Mar-28-14 8:25 pm
- Tsunami warning mistaken for real thing in Sitka Updated: Mar-28-14 3:34 pm
- Survey says Juneau is state's healthiest Updated: Mar-28-14 5:43 am
- Sitka fishermen continue herring fishery Updated: Mar-25-14 7:18 pm
- Fishing boats begin using electronic monitoring Updated: Mar-24-14 1:53 pm
SITKA, Alaska - Rotating artifacts and themed exhibits are part of the Sitka Historical Society's plan to make their museum a more dynamic place to learn about Sitka's past.
SITKA, Alaska - A Washington state man is the new general manager for the Sitka Tribe of Alaska.
JUNEAU, Alaska - Forget the days of "mystery meat" in school lunch, it's easier than ever to get fresh fish from local waters on the menu, thanks to the Fish to Schools program founded in Sitka.
SITKA, Alaska - Children can no longer go into Sitka businesses that allow smoking, even for one-time, non-smoking events.
SITKA, Alaska - The Sitka Planning Commission wants to learn more about a residential property applicant's federal permit to build near eagle nests before deciding to grant a request for a setback variance.
SITKA, Alaska - Three administrators in the Sitka School District went shopping for teachers recently, attending job fairs in the Seattle area in an effort to entice teachers north to Alaska.
JUNEAU, Alaska - In less than an hour Saturday, the Sitka Sound sac roe herring fishery came to an end with nearly 4,000 tons harvested just offshore from downtown Sitka.
SITKA, Alaska - The Department of Natural Resources will hold an open house Monday on the potential sale of up to 485 acres of state-owned land on the water along Lisianski Peninsula.
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - A subspecies of gray wolf found on Alaska's Prince of Wales Island will be considered for listing under the Endangered Species Act.
JUNEAU, Alaska - Several people in Sitka took the state's Tsunami Warning as the real thing because of the omission of the phrase, "This is a test."
JUNEAU, Alaska - Southeast Alaska communities are among the state's healthiest.
SITKA, Alaska - Seine boats fishing off Sitka took in 5,000 tons of herring Sunday in the second opening of the 2014 season.
SITKA, Alaska - Ten fishing boats - five each from Sitka and Homer - are carrying electronic monitoring equipment as part of a pilot program to see if such tracking is more effective than having observers onboard in gathering data for fisheries management.