- Abilene Christian upsets Houston Baptist 79-72 Updated: Feb-02-16 10:29 pm
ABILENE, Texas - Jaylen Franklin scored 21 points, Parker Wentz added 18 on five 3-pointers and Abilene Christian used a big first half to upset Houston Baptist 79-72 on Tuesday night, ending the Huskies' 10-game winning streak and handing them their first Southland Conference defeat.
- Walt 'No Neck' Williams dies of heart attack in Texas Updated: Jan-28-16 2:41 pm
LUBBOCK, Texas - Walt Williams, an outfielder who played for four major league teams in the 1960s and '70s and was best known for his nickname "No Neck," has died.
- Sam Houston St cruises to 72-51 win over Abilene Christian Updated: Jan-25-16 9:31 pm
HUNTSVILLE, Texas - Jovante' Spivey made four 3-pointers and scored 18 points to help Sam Houston State to an easy 72-51 win over Abilene Christian on Monday night.
- Incarnate Word rolls over Abilene Christian 74-60 Updated: Jan-23-16 7:42 pm
SAN ANTONIO - Derail Green scored 16 of his 22 points in the second half as Incarnate Word dominated the final period on the way to a 74-60 win over Abilene Christian on Saturday.
- Franklin leads Abilene Christian over McNeese State 75-67 Updated: Jan-19-16 11:25 pm
ABILENE, Texas - Jaylen Franklin scored 29 points and had six steals to lead Abilene Christian to a 75-67 victory over McNeese State on Tuesday night.
- Mother, boyfriend charged in death of Abilene newborn Updated: Jan-19-16 6:33 pm
ABILENE, Texas - An 18-year-old woman and her 22-year-old boyfriend have been charged with murder in the death of the woman's newborn daughter, whose body was found hidden in an Abilene home.
- Floyd with 32, SFA rolls over New Orleans 82-58 Updated: Jan-18-16 11:35 pm
NEW ORLEANS - Demetrious Floyd nailed six 3-pointers to finish with a career-high 32 points as Stephen F. Austin stayed perfect in Southland Conference play, beating New Orleans 82-58 on Monday night.
- Stephen F. Austin hits 72 percent from floor, tops ACU 97-62 Updated: Jan-16-16 9:52 pm
NACOGDOCHES, Texas - Ty Charles made 11 of 12 field goal attempts for a career-high 25 points as Stephen F. Austin shot 72 percent from the floor to dominate Abilene Christian 97-62 on Saturday night.
- Abilene Christian rolls past Northwestern State 87-72 Updated: Jan-12-16 10:48 pm
ABILENE, Texas - Jaylen Franklin scored 20 points, Parker Wentz had 17 and Abilene Christian rolled to an 87-72 victory over Northwestern State on Tuesday night.