- Padres' offense quiet again in 3-2 loss to Rockies Updated: Apr-16-14 3:36 am
- Nicasio solid in Rockies' 3-2 win over Padres Updated: Apr-16-14 2:57 am
- Ex-San Diego Navy man sentenced for child sex Updated: Apr-16-14 2:16 am
- Padres' Josh Johnson set for further evaluation Updated: Apr-15-14 10:45 pm
- Scientists find new sponge species off La Jolla Updated: Apr-15-14 3:46 pm
- Southern California home prices climb in March Updated: Apr-15-14 3:00 pm
- Brothers' wild pitch in 8th costs Rockies Updated: Apr-15-14 3:26 am
- Rockies' Cuddyer injures right elbow Updated: Apr-15-14 12:56 am
- Padres, Gyorko reach deal adding $35M for 5 years Updated: Apr-14-14 10:44 pm
- Arreola determined not to waste another title shot Updated: Apr-14-14 2:41 pm
- Injured man flown from fishing boat to San Diego Updated: Apr-14-14 1:53 pm
- Scherzer, Tigers lose 5-1 to Padres to drop 2 of 3 Updated: Apr-13-14 9:08 pm
- Ross outduels Scherzer to lift Padres over Tigers Updated: Apr-13-14 8:51 pm
- Patient donates millions to San Diego eye center Updated: Apr-12-14 3:47 pm
- San Diego on short list to host next America's Cup Updated: Apr-11-14 10:06 pm
- Mother sentenced for strangling baby in San Diego Updated: Apr-11-14 6:59 pm
- Family saved at sea asks critics to hold judgment Updated: Apr-11-14 4:07 pm
- LA-area 'quake' was fault of jet, not fault Updated: Apr-11-14 10:50 am
- San Diego campaign scandal sees second guilty plea Updated: Apr-10-14 8:45 pm
- Justice Department: San Diego cross should stay Updated: Apr-10-14 7:19 pm
- More than 100 get virus on California cruise Updated: Apr-10-14 7:04 pm
- Ohrnberger signs 1-year deal to stay with Chargers Updated: Apr-09-14 10:17 pm
- Indians McAllister shuts down Padres 2-0 in Game 1 Updated: Apr-09-14 7:30 pm
- Shaky defense, no offense hurt Padres in 2-0 loss Updated: Apr-09-14 5:37 pm
- Prosecutors: Ads for rape posted in revenge scheme Updated: Apr-09-14 2:52 pm
SAN DIEGO - Just 14 games in, this season is already starting to look a lot like last year for the San Diego Padres.
SAN DIEGO - Pitcher Juan Nicasio dug down and gave the Colorado Rockies exactly what they needed.
SAN DIEGO - A former San Diego Navy officer who sexually abused children while making child pornography has been sentenced to 40 years in federal prison.
SAN DIEGO - Scientists using a remote-controlled robot submersible have discovered a new species of poisonous sponge in deep waters off San Diego.
SAN DIEGO - Southern California's median home sale price hit $400,000 in March to set a fresh six-year high as tight supplies limited sales, a research firm said Tuesday.
SAN DIEGO - Rex Brothers has been in tough spots before, but it's likely the Colorado Rockies' pitcher has ever lost a game like this.
SAN DIEGO - The San Diego Padres think so much of second baseman Jedd Gyorko that they gave him a hefty raise and he's only 13 games into his second full big league season.
LOS ANGELES - Chris Arreola once wanted to win football championships at Southern California. Now that he's heading to the USC campus with a shot at a heavyweight title instead, he's determined not to waste it.
SAN DIEGO - The Coast Guard says an injured man has been picked up from a charter fishing boat off Baja California and flown to San Diego for medical treatment.
SAN DIEGO - A handful of San Diego regulars still aren't hitting their weight, and the Padres had only six hits against Max Scherzer and the Detroit Tigers on Sunday.
SAN DIEGO - A patient has donated $6.5 million to the eye center at the University of California, San Diego.
SAN DIEGO - San Diego has made the short list of venues being considered to host the 35th America's Cup in 2017, port commission chairman Bob Nelson said Friday.
SAN DIEGO - A woman who strangled her baby, then threw him out of a San Diego apartment window, has been sentenced to 25 years to life in prison.
SAN DIEGO - A family lifted from a disabled sailboat hundreds of miles off the Mexican coast with their sick 1-year-old thanked rescuers and defended their "maritime life" in their first public comments since returning to land.
SAN DIEGO - After several recent Southern California earthquakes left them sensitive to shaking, people around the region thought they felt the ground move earlier this week. But this rumble came from the air.
SAN DIEGO - A luxury car dealer on Thursday became the second person to plead guilty in a case alleging that a Mexican businessman illegally funneled more than $500,000 to support San Diego politicians, including $120,000 to back former Mayor Bob Filner.
SAN DIEGO - The U.S. Justice Department says a war memorial cross should remain on federal property atop a San Diego mountain, but it disagrees with cross supporters that an appeal should leapfrog straight to the U.S. Supreme Court.
SAN DIEGO - More than 100 passengers have contracted the highly contagious norovirus on a ship that is touring the California coast. But the cruise line said Thursday it has no plans to end the voyage early.
CLEVELAND - San Diego manager Bud Black was finally able to smile after a long, cold day at the ballpark.
CLEVELAND - Pitching for the San Diego Padres isn't easy these days.
SAN DIEGO - A San Diego woman distraught over losing out on her family's dream house carried out a perverse revenge scheme to have the home's new owner raped, prosecutors said.