- Raiders owner Mark Davis intrigued by Las Vegas as NFL city Updated: Feb-05-16 6:41 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Owner Mark Davis has a sly response when it comes to his interest in moving the Oakland Raiders to Sin City.
- Goodell proposes what might be called Odell Beckham Jr. Rule Updated: Feb-05-16 5:33 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Call it the Odell Beckham Jr. Rule.
- Detectives shut down pot shop, arrest 1, seize equipment Updated: Feb-05-16 10:26 am
SAN DIEGO - Sheriff's Department investigators from San Diego arrested a 30-year-old man and seized nearly $1 million in products from an illegal Lakeside marijuana storefront.
- Perfect Pusica leads San Diego past Pacific 54-43 Updated: Feb-05-16 12:21 am
SAN DIEGO - Vasa Pusica made all eight shots from the field, was 3 for 3 on free throws and scored 19 points to lead San Diego past Pacific 54-43 Thursday night.
- Fernando Rodney and Padres finalize $2 million, 1-year deal Updated: Feb-04-16 9:09 pm
SAN DIEGO - Reliever Fernando Rodney and the San Diego Padres completed their $2 million, one-year contract on Thursday.
- Starving sea lion found in San Diego, California, restaurant Updated: Feb-04-16 8:56 pm
SAN DIEGO - A starving sea lion has been rescued after finding its way into the booth of a fancy San Diego restaurant.
- Column: Goodell riding high, and so is the unstoppable NFL Updated: Feb-04-16 7:01 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Roger Goodell might as well mail this one in.
- Some of NFL's biggest stars never played in Super Bowl Updated: Feb-04-16 3:06 pm
Some of the NFL's biggest all-time stars have a gaping hole on their playing resumes.
- Author of 'pH Miracle' books convicted in San Diego Updated: Feb-04-16 1:04 pm
SAN DIEGO - The author of the "pH Miracle" book series has been convicted in San Diego on two counts of practicing medicine without a license and acquitted on a third count.
- California prison attack injures 3 guards Updated: Feb-03-16 8:49 pm
SAN DIEGO - Authorities say an inmate has attacked and injured three guards at a state prison in San Diego, knocking one unconscious before being restrained.
- Defense secretary says plan focuses on high-end ships Updated: Feb-03-16 7:39 pm
SAN DIEGO - The Pentagon's budget plan over the next five years will focus on investing in more high-end Naval ships and a newly modified defense missile able to also target ships at long range, Defense Secretary Ash Carter said Wednesday.
- Correction: Disaster Funds-Audit story Updated: Feb-03-16 4:04 pm
SAN DIEGO - In a story Feb. 1 about an audit of disaster relief funds, The Associated Press misidentified the federal agency that audited the city of San Diego. The agency was the Office of Inspector General, not the General Accounting Office.
- Hemsley, Aztecs hold off CSU 69-67 for 10th straight win Updated: Feb-03-16 2:14 am
SAN DIEGO - With about three minutes to go, Colorado State's bench was buzzing because the Rams were in position to hand San Diego State its first Mountain West Conference loss.
- San Diego settles harassment lawsuit against ex-mayor Updated: Feb-02-16 11:59 pm
SAN DIEGO - The city of San Diego on Tuesday agreed to pay $667,000 to former Mayor Bob Filner's executive assistant, who said her boss repeatedly tried to hug and kiss her, locked her in a kitchen and proposed sex on a conference table.
- Practice squad receiver helped Manning get to Super Bowl 50 Updated: Feb-02-16 7:01 pm
SANTA CLARA, California - Jordan Taylor sauntered into the locker room, a spiffy custom-made charcoal suit slung over his right shoulder.
- Furyk opts for wrist surgery, will miss 3 months and Masters Updated: Feb-02-16 1:35 pm
SAN DIEGO - Jim Furyk was No. 7 in the world, No. 9 in the FedEx Cup standings and already assured a spot on the Presidents Cup team when he tied for fourth in the Deutsche Bank Championship for his seventh top 10 of the year.
- In hindsight, the perfect ending for Brandt Snedeker Updated: Feb-02-16 11:49 am
SAN DIEGO - Nothing brings out hindsight in golf like the weather.
- A perfect storm works out perfectly for Snedeker Updated: Feb-02-16 2:02 am
SAN DIEGO - Brandt Snedeker now has four PGA Tour victories in which he started at least five shots out of the lead in the final round. The Farmers Insurance Open followed the script of his previous comeback except for one big difference.
- Powerful winds persist as winter storm lashes California Updated: Feb-01-16 9:59 pm
LOS ANGELES - Powerful winds lashed Southern California on Monday at the tail end of a winter storm that also brought heavy rain and mountain snow - closing roads, leaving thousands without power and injuring two television news journalists.
- The Latest: 2 San Diego journalists hurt in storm coverage Updated: Feb-01-16 9:36 pm
LOS ANGELES - The Latest on a winter storm lashing California (all times local):
- San Diego St. 9-0 at halfway point of Mountain West schedule Updated: Feb-01-16 7:12 pm
SAN DIEGO - Steve Fisher's San Diego State Aztecs are halfway through an undefeated run through the Mountain West Conference.
- Raiders look for short-term lease before long-term home Updated: Feb-01-16 6:44 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - With the Oakland Raiders' hopes of moving to Los Angeles on hold right now, Mayor Libby Schaaf said the team's primary focus is on securing a lease to remain at the Coliseum for the 2016 season.
- Snedeker winds up a winner at Torrey Pines Updated: Feb-01-16 6:36 pm
SAN DIEGO - With his glove tucked in his back pocket and a putter in his hand, Brandt Snedeker walked off the green pumping his arms to celebrate a six-shot comeback to win the Farmers Insurance Open. That was the only part of his victory that looked normal.
- Powerful winds persist as winter storm lashes California Updated: Feb-01-16 6:32 pm
LOS ANGELES - Powerful winds lashed Southern California on Monday at the tail end of a winter storm that also brought heavy rain and mountain snow.
- San Diego sheriff to launch trial run of body cameras Updated: Feb-01-16 4:11 pm
SAN DIEGO - The San Diego County Sheriff's Department says it will test body-worn cameras on deputies for 90 days before distributing them more widely.