- Bud Black rejoins LA Angels in front-office job Updated: Nov-24-15 10:10 pm
ANAHEIM, California - Bud Black has rejoined the Los Angeles Angels as a special assistant to the general manager.
- Woman sought for series of California wedding thefts Updated: Nov-24-15 9:40 pm
SAN DIEGO - Southern California authorities are looking for a wedding thief who steals wallets, credit cards and other valuables on the couple's happiest day without so much as an "I do."
- Steelers looking for West Coast success Updated: Nov-24-15 6:52 pm
PITTSBURGH - David DeCastro majored in management sciences and engineering at Stanford, which according to the school's website prepares students "to plan, design and implement complex economic and technological management systems."
- USS Theodore Roosevelt arrives in San Diego after deployment Updated: Nov-24-15 8:33 am
SAN DIEGO - The aircraft carrier Theodore Roosevelt has arrived in San Diego after a nine-month deployment that included airstrikes in Syria and Iraq.
- Rally against hate crime draws hundreds at San Diego school Updated: Nov-24-15 8:09 am
SAN DIEGO - Hundreds of people participated in a demonstration at San Diego State University after a report of a hate crime against a Muslim student.
- Shepard, Hemsley lead SDSU to 79-54 win vs East Carolina Updated: Nov-24-15 12:53 am
SAN DIEGO - Winston Shepard and the rest of the San Diego State Aztecs got the message from coach Steve Fisher.
- Dodgers hire Dave Roberts as team's 1st minority manager Updated: Nov-23-15 10:27 pm
LOS ANGELES - Dave Roberts overcame long odds during his playing days in the major leagues and survived a bout with cancer in recent years. He had no managerial experience when he went after the vacant Los Angeles Dodgers' job.
- Few answers as Chargers' losing streak reaches 6 games Updated: Nov-23-15 8:49 pm
SAN DIEGO - As bad as the San Diego Chargers are now, it can get a whole lot worse.
- DeMaio accuser sentenced to probation over threatening email Updated: Nov-23-15 8:11 pm
SAN DIEGO - An aide to former California congressional candidate Carl DeMaio was sentenced Monday to five years' probation for lying to federal investigators about a threatening email he wrote but said might have come from DeMaio, one of several allegations that rocked one of last year's most closely watched congressional races.
- Using new gene drive to create malaria-resistant mosquitoes Updated: Nov-23-15 2:58 pm
WASHINGTON - California researchers hatched some malaria-resistant mosquitoes and then gave evolution a shove - using a groundbreaking technology to ensure the insects pass on that protective gene as they reproduce, with implications far beyond the promise of fighting malaria.
- Mexican navy boat decommissioned off Baja California coast Updated: Nov-23-15 8:45 am
SAN DIEGO - A Mexican navy patrol boat that was decommissioned and sunken off the Baja California coast will become the state's first artificial reef.
- Houston's pick-6, Poe's TD run carry Chiefs over Chargers Updated: Nov-23-15 3:36 am
SAN DIEGO - The Kansas City Chiefs are on a roll, with a big defensive tackle going airborne to score a rushing touchdown and Justin Houston once again getting the better of Philip Rivers.
- NFL Today, Week 11 Updated: Nov-23-15 12:03 am
- Chargers free-fall continues with 33-3 loss to Chiefs Updated: Nov-22-15 9:25 pm
SAN DIEGO - The San Diego Chargers' free-fall continues. It's hard to say they've hit rock bottom because there are six games left.
- 13 treated for spice drug overdoses in San Diego Updated: Nov-22-15 9:13 pm
SAN DIEGO - Authorities now say 13 people have become ill - two of them seriously - in downtown San Diego after apparently overdosing on a bad batch of the synthetic marijuana drug mix known as "spice."
- Houston's pick-6, Poe's TD run carry Chiefs over Chargers Updated: Nov-22-15 8:56 pm
SAN DIEGO - Things are going so well now for the Kansas City Chiefs that they've got a 346-pound defensive tackle leaping over the pile into the end zone.
- Latest from the NFL: Packers snap three-game skid Updated: Nov-22-15 8:00 pm
The latest from NFL games around the league on the 11th Sunday of the season (all times EST):
- Endangered white rhino dies at San Diego-area zoo Updated: Nov-22-15 7:32 pm
SAN DIEGO - One of only four northern white rhinos believed left in the world died Sunday at San Diego Zoo Safari Park.
- 3 men found in trunk after crash near California checkpoint Updated: Nov-22-15 2:37 pm
SAN DIEGO - Federal authorities say three men were found in the trunk of a car that sped through a U.S. Border Patrol checkpoint and then crashed into a van in San Diego County.
- Hagins scores 14 as Little Rock stuns San Diego St. 49-43 Updated: Nov-22-15 1:24 am
SAN DIEGO - First-year Little Rock coach Chris Beard was reading San Diego State's game notes on Saturday morning and he finally had to put them down.
- Robert Shushan, pioneer in helping learning disabled, dies Updated: Nov-21-15 10:28 pm
SAN DIEGO - Robert Shushan, a pioneer in teaching people with Down syndrome and other disabilities to work and learn independent living skills, has died. He was 86.
- Brooks leads Cal State Fullerton over San Diego 67-55 Updated: Nov-21-15 8:37 pm
FULLERTON, California - Malcolm Brooks scored 16 points and Cal State Fullerton beat San Diego 67-55 on Saturday night.
- San Diego holds on to beat Butler, 28-27 Updated: Nov-21-15 7:15 pm
SAN DIEGO - Chris Wilson and Anthony Lawrence combined for 322 yards passing and three touchdowns, Ian Dobek intercepted Butler quarterback Matt Shiltz potential game winning 2-point conversion pass with 16 second left, and San Diego held off Butler 28-27 on Saturday.
- Anaheim Ducks recall defenseman Shane O'Brien Updated: Nov-21-15 4:39 pm
ANAHEIM, California - The Anaheim Ducks have recalled defenseman Shane O'Brien from the AHL affiliate in San Diego.
- San Diego County to settle lawsuit in 16-year-old's suicide Updated: Nov-21-15 3:29 pm
SAN DIEGO - San Diego County has agreed to pay $1 million to the family of a 16-year-old girl who killed herself while in a juvenile detention facility.