- Padres shut out for 5th time in 16 games, 3-0 by Cubs Updated: May-22-15 12:47 am
SAN DIEGO - The San Diego Padres have been shut out twice in the first seven games of this homestand and for the fifth time in 16 games.
- Hendricks' 5-hitter, Bryant's 2-run homer carry Cubs, 3-0 Updated: May-22-15 12:39 am
SAN DIEGO - Kyle Hendricks hadn't thrown a complete game or shutout in his two-year big league career. He didn't have a win yet this year.
- Tribune Publishing completes purchase of San Diego paper Updated: May-21-15 7:43 pm
SAN DIEGO - Tribune Publishing Co. said Thursday that it completed its purchase of San Diego's dominant newspaper from real estate developer Douglas Manchester for $85 million.
- California backs gas plant to fill void from closed nuke Updated: May-21-15 7:04 pm
LOS ANGELES - Utility regulators Thursday opened the way for development of a natural gas-fired power plant on the coast near San Diego, perhaps one of the last of its kind in California as the state pushes toward a green energy future.
- What happened at NFL meetings and what it means Updated: May-21-15 2:39 am
SAN FRANCISCO - NFL owners concluded an especially hectic spring meetings by setting up what figures to be a very busy summer and fall.
- Ex-Camp Pendleton Marine convicted of assaults, rape Updated: May-20-15 8:10 pm
SAN DIEGO - A former Camp Pendleton Marine has been convicted of attacking or raping six women in San Diego while on active duty.
- Sinaloa cartel enforcer 'Chino Antrax' pleads guilty in US Updated: May-20-15 6:27 pm
SAN DIEGO - A top enforcer for Mexico's Sinaloa cartel pleaded guilty Wednesday to drug charges in a wide investigation of the group in the United States.
- Cubs infielders commit 3 errors in 4-3 loss to Padres Updated: May-20-15 2:39 am
SAN DIEGO - It was a rough night for the Chicago Cubs' infield.
- Padres place Wil Myers on disabled list, recall RHP Mazzoni Updated: May-19-15 10:57 pm
- No cheap seats anymore for Cubs rookie slugger Kris Bryant Updated: May-19-15 10:44 pm
SAN DIEGO - Two years ago, Kris Bryant would sit in the nosebleed seats on College Night at Petco Park.
- Land deal closes for planned NFL stadium near Los Angeles Updated: May-19-15 5:24 pm
LOS ANGELES - The San Diego Chargers and Oakland Raiders moved a step closer Tuesday to building a new stadium near Los Angeles after a complex land deal was finalized on a site that could become the home of a shared $1.7 billion venue.
- Storage company sentenced in illegal human waste disposal Updated: May-19-15 6:14 am
SAN DIEGO - A storage company and its owner have been sentenced to time served and ordered to pay nearly $60,000 for illegally disposing of thousands of gallons of untreated human waste in the desert east of San Diego.
- Strasburg beats Padres again, Harper homers in 10-5 win Updated: May-17-15 9:04 pm
SAN DIEGO - Bryce Harper slid into third base with the Washington Nationals' first hit, popped up and pumped his first.
- Authorities: San Diego police officer shot, suspect dead Updated: May-17-15 3:34 pm
SAN DIEGO - Authorities say a San Diego police officer was shot and wounded while chasing a suspect who was later killed.
- Inmate escapes from medium-security San Diego County jail Updated: May-17-15 12:40 am
SAN DIEGO - Authorities are searching for an inmate who escaped from a medium-security jail in San Diego.
- Ex-biotech entrepreneur sentenced in double shootings Updated: May-16-15 1:35 pm
SAN DIEGO - A former biotechnology entrepreneur has been sentenced to life in prison for shooting and wounding his former business partner and his brother-in-law.
- This Date in Baseball Updated: May-16-15 10:11 am
- Ex-biotech exec gets life for San Diego home shootings Updated: May-15-15 10:11 pm
SAN DIEGO - A former biotechnology executive who wounded two people in a San Diego revenge shooting after losing his job has been sentenced to life in prison.
- Melvin Gordon signs rookie contract, works out with Chargers Updated: May-15-15 6:39 pm
SAN DIEGO - Running back Melvin Gordon's head was swimming. It had nothing to do with a rare San Diego storm.
- Rare spring storm sweeps into Southern California, Arizona Updated: May-15-15 4:15 pm
SAN DIEGO - A second round of rain from a rare spring storm swept into drought-stricken Southern California on Friday, along with heavy winds and snow in the mountains before heading inland, where other states were also feeling weird late-season weather.
- Fister's poor start dooms Nationals in 8-3 loss to Padres Updated: May-15-15 4:06 am
SAN DIEGO - A rain delay of nearly two hours had nothing to do with how poorly Doug Fister pitched.
- Nats-Padres, Rockies-Dodgers have rare SoCal rain delays Updated: May-15-15 3:37 am
SAN DIEGO - Southern California teams don't often have problems with rain delays.
- Border Patrol supervisor pleads guilty to video voyeurism Updated: May-14-15 9:44 pm
SAN DIEGO - A Border Patrol supervisor who hid a video camera in a restroom at his San Diego County station has pleaded guilty to video voyeurism.
- Brown's budget boosts spending for schools, adds tax credit Updated: May-14-15 7:54 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - Gov. Jerry Brown took a restrained approach in proposing a record $115.3 billion budget Thursday that sends more money to schools and offered what he called a reasonable commitment for a new tax credit to the working poor.
- Reducing dog bites starts with how kids approach pooches Updated: May-14-15 6:31 pm
LOS ANGELES - Good weather can be bad for postal workers.