- Military tests unmanned ship designed for seafaring missions Updated: May-02-16 8:17 pm
SAN DIEGO - The military is starting tests on the world's largest unmanned surface vessel - a self-driving, 132-foot ship designed to travel thousands of miles out at sea without a single crew member on board.
- Wildfires cause dip in new California housing units Updated: May-02-16 7:14 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - The number of new housing units in California declined last year for the first time since the start of the economic recovery, due mostly to wildfires that scorched more than 2,000 homes, state officials reported Monday.
- California Assembly OKs bid for more mail-in vote designees Updated: May-02-16 7:12 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - The California Assembly has approved a bill that would allow voters to designate anyone to turn in their mail-in ballots for them.
- US military tests world's largest unmanned ship Updated: May-02-16 2:07 pm
SAN DIEGO - The U.S. military is beginning testing on the world's largest unmanned ship - a self-driving 132-foot surface vessel designed to travel thousands of miles out at sea without a single crew member on board.
- San Diego residents complain about penalties on late bills Updated: May-02-16 9:51 am
SAN DIEGO - Consumer advocates are accusing San Diego public utility officials of tacking unnecessary fees and penalties onto late bills and shutting off customers' water with no warning.
- Kershaw: 3-hitter, 14 Ks, RBI single, Dodgers top Pads 1-0 Updated: May-01-16 9:57 pm
LOS ANGELES - The Los Angeles Dodgers desperately needed a stopper to end their six-game losing streak. Up stepped Clayton Kershaw, with his arm and bat.
- Pomeranz gives up RBI single to Kershaw, Padres fan 14 times Updated: May-01-16 9:53 pm
LOS ANGELES - Drew Pomeranz did just fine for the San Diego Padres, giving up just three hits over seven innings.
- Arenado hits 11th, Parra homers as Rockies sweep Arizona Updated: May-01-16 9:17 pm
PHOENIX - Nolan Arenado has a power-hitting rookie for a teammate who has grabbed a lot of the headlines for the Colorado Rockies this season. Of course, Arenado's performance has been praise-worthy as well.
- Dodgers end April with 6-game skid, tie for NL West lead Updated: May-01-16 2:29 am
LOS ANGELES - The Dodgers ended April with a six-game losing streak, and yet still find themselves tied for the division lead despite an offense that has sputtered badly under first-year manager Dave Roberts.
- Chargers take J.J. Watt's brother, Derek, in 6th round Updated: Apr-30-16 8:36 pm
SAN DIEGO - J.J. Watt and Melvin Gordon had the same message to Derek Watt: Welcome to the NFL, bro.
- Raiders trade up to take QB Cook in 4th round of NFL draft Updated: Apr-30-16 7:26 pm
CHICAGO - Connor Cook is the winningest quarterback in Michigan State history. Andrew Billings is coming off a dominant season on Baylor's defensive line.
- 4 Marines come together after 50 years for the perfect photo Updated: Apr-30-16 3:01 am
PALM COAST, Florida - They wanted the picture to be just right, to look as close as possible to the one they'd taken together 50 years ago, back when their memories hadn't yet been clouded by the images of war.
- John Bosa proud to see son Joey go to Chargers in 1st round Updated: Apr-29-16 10:17 pm
SAN DIEGO - Nearly three decades after he was a first-round draft pick of the Miami Dolphins, John Bosa sat with his wife, Cheryl, in the third row of the Chargers' team meeting room and listened as their son, Joey, was introduced as San Diego's first-round pick in the NFL draft.
- Border inspectors seize 7 tons of marijuana in San Diego Updated: Apr-29-16 8:20 pm
SAN DIEGO - U.S. authorities say they seized more than seven tons of marijuana inside a truck at a San Diego border crossing.
- Navy commander sentenced to 78 months in bribery scandal Updated: Apr-29-16 5:48 pm
SAN DIEGO - A Navy commander who fled Cambodia's killing fields as a boy to grow up to become a decorated U.S. military officer was sentenced Friday to 78 months in prison for providing classified ship schedules in exchange for the services of prostitutes, theater tickets and other gifts from a Malaysian defense contractor.
- The Latest: Dead whale being cut up on California beach Updated: Apr-28-16 3:16 pm
SAN CLEMENTE, California - The Latest on the removal of a gray whale carcass from a California beach (all times local):
- Goodell holds Q&A, with head injuries front and center Updated: Apr-28-16 2:55 pm
CHICAGO - The floor belonged to Philip Feliciano, and NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell waited patiently for his question.
- Dog that killed 3-day-old baby in San Diego is euthanized Updated: Apr-27-16 9:23 pm
SAN DIEGO - A family dog that killed a 3-day-old San Diego boy has been put down at the owners' request.
- Belt drives in 5, Giants complete sweep of Padres Updated: Apr-27-16 8:29 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Brandon Belt is giving himself credit for a home run in the first inning, even though the wind held up his shot for a sacrifice fly. He had a good day regardless.
- 3 Sumatran tiger cubs step out at San Diego Zoo Updated: Apr-27-16 2:40 pm
SAN DIEGO - Three endangered Sumatran tiger cubs have made their debut at San Diego Zoo Safari Park.
- US Pacific Fleet expands use of 3rd Fleet commanders Updated: Apr-26-16 10:47 pm
PEARL HARBOR, Hawaii - The U.S. Pacific Fleet commander said he plans to expand the role of the U.S. 3rd Fleet commander and her staff in the Asia-Pacific region.
- San Diego council endorses anti-suicide study for bridge Updated: Apr-26-16 10:41 pm
SAN DIEGO - The San Diego City Council has called for a study on ways to prevent suicides on the landmark San Diego-Coronado Bridge.
- Stepfather accused of toddler's murder pleads not guilty Updated: Apr-26-16 7:05 pm
SAN DIEGO - A man has pleaded not guilty to charges that he murdered his infant stepson 14 years ago.
- Autopsy: Newborn killed by dog died of bites to head Updated: Apr-25-16 9:59 pm
SAN DIEGO - A 3-day-old California boy mauled to death by the family dog died from bites to his head, according to autopsy results released Monday.
- Gyorko leads Cardinals' hit parade in 8-5 win against Padres Updated: Apr-24-16 9:36 pm
SAN DIEGO - Jedd Gyorko didn't mind being booed when he returned to San Diego with the St. Louis Cardinals.