- 2 found dead after house fire in eastern San Diego County Updated: Oct-10-15 3:26 pm
SAN DIEGO - Authorities say two burned bodies have been found inside a home destroyed by fire in eastern San Diego County.
- Steelers LB Ryan Shazier out against Chargers Updated: Oct-10-15 1:43 pm
PITTSBURGH - Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker Ryan Shazier's injured right shoulder will force him to miss a third straight game.
- Ex-Oilers boss Eakins feels at home coaching San Diego Gulls Updated: Oct-10-15 11:03 am
SAN DIEGO - There are far worse places to coach minor league hockey than sunny San Diego.
- Brown rejects driver's licenses to ease border crossings Updated: Oct-09-15 8:37 pm
SAN DIEGO - Gov. Jerry Brown vetoed legislation Friday that would have positioned California to be the first state on the U.S. border with Mexico to issue driver's licenses that can be used to prove citizenship when entering the country as he acted on dozens of legislative measures.
- Facing ban on orca breeding, SeaWorld contemplates next move Updated: Oct-09-15 5:05 pm
SAN DIEGO - SeaWorld says denying orcas' their ability to breed is cruel, but it was unclear Friday whether the corporation will fight such a ban at its California park and risk further hurting attendance.
- Los Angeles man pleads not guilty to fish bladder smuggling Updated: Oct-08-15 9:25 pm
SAN DIEGO - A Los Angeles man has pleaded not guilty to smuggling swim bladders from an endangered Mexican fish into the United States.
- California grooms utility giants to compete against Big Oil Updated: Oct-08-15 6:38 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - California wants more drivers to dump the pump.
- People pack meeting of panel eyeing expansion of whale tanks Updated: Oct-08-15 5:38 pm
LONG BEACH, California - Protesters and supporters filled a meeting room Thursday where a California commission was considering a vast expansion to the tanks that SeaWorld uses to hold killer whales in San Diego.
- Man pleads guilty to shooting wife after counseling session Updated: Oct-07-15 9:05 pm
SAN DIEGO - A man who shot his wife to death outside the San Diego office of their marriage counselor has pleaded guilty to first-degree murder.
- Gates returns to Chargers after 4-game PED suspension Updated: Oct-07-15 7:36 pm
SAN DIEGO - As he served a four-game suspension for testing positive for performance-enhancing drugs, Antonio Gates followed San Diego Chargers games through score updates on his cellphone.
- Goodell, owners expect future vote on LA relocation Updated: Oct-07-15 7:08 pm
NEW YORK - NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell expects owners will vote on franchise relocation to Los Angeles.
- Colts could be out of Luck on Thursday night Updated: Oct-07-15 3:40 pm
Other than a losing week, nothing bugs Pro Picks more than having no spread on a Thursday night game.
- Southern California woman alleges excessive police as force Updated: Oct-07-15 2:19 pm
SAN DIEGO - A Southern California woman is suing the city of Carlsbad, alleging police in the San Diego suburb unjustly beat her after she was pulled over for a seat belt violation.
- Former San Diego police chief and county sheriff dies at 80 Updated: Oct-06-15 8:19 pm
SAN DIEGO - William Kolender, who was city police chief for 13 years, went on to head California's Youth Authority and later spent 15 years as San Diego County sheriff, died Tuesday. He was 80.
- Offseason trip builds bond among young Blazers Updated: Oct-06-15 4:10 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - With all the upheaval in Portland, guard Damian Lillard thought maybe the best thing for the Trail Blazers would be a vacation. Together.
- Preller looking for manager to get Padres playing better Updated: Oct-05-15 6:43 pm
SAN DIEGO - Admitting his San Diego Padres "didn't have the right formula" this season, general manager A.J. Preller says he's looking for a manager who can get the underachieving team to play at a high level.
- Padres lose to Dodgers 6-2; fall to 35-44 on road Updated: Oct-03-15 2:03 am
- Dodgers beat Padres 6-2 to gain on Mets for home-field Updated: Oct-03-15 1:36 am
LOS ANGELES - There's something about Dodger Stadium that makes Alex Wood pitch especially well.
- Plastic bag manufacturers file second California measure Updated: Oct-02-15 9:34 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - Plastic bag manufacturers filed a second ballot measure on Friday in California's fight over a statewide plastic bag ban.
- Kennedy strikes out 11, Solarte homers in Padres' 3-1 win Updated: Oct-01-15 9:53 pm
SAN DIEGO - Ian Kennedy struck out 11 in what was likely his final start with San Diego and Yangervis Solarte hit a two-run homer for the Padres, who beat Milwaukee 3-1 in their home finale on Thursday.
- California high schools to learn 'yes means yes' sex policy Updated: Oct-01-15 8:35 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Gov. Jerry Brown has approved legislation aimed at making California the first state in the nation to bring lessons about sexual consent required at many colleges into high schools, his office announced Thursday.
- San Diego County OKs $10M to help homeless, mentally ill Updated: Oct-01-15 2:29 pm
SAN DIEGO - Responding to a rise in homelessness across the region, San Diego County supervisors have approved spending another $10 million on housing for people with mental illnesses as they complete treatment and rehabilitation programs.
- San Diego County unveils mapping tool for wildfire hazards Updated: Oct-01-15 10:58 am
SAN DIEGO - As fire season ramps up, San Diego County has unveiled a new online interactive map that allows residents to search out wildfire dangers in specific areas.
- 2 youth football teams expelled from league after fan brawl Updated: Oct-01-15 10:45 am
SAN DIEGO - Two youth football teams have been expelled from a Southern California league after a brawl between fans resulted in a police response.
- Don Orsillo signs deal to broadcast Padres games Updated: Sep-30-15 7:28 pm
SAN DIEGO - Don Orsillo has landed with the San Diego Padres after being ousted as the Boston Red Sox's television play-by-play voice.