- TV shooting survivor's husband recounts story before gunfire Updated: Aug-28-15 7:30 pm
ROANOKE, Virginia - The woman who survived the on-air shooting that killed two TV journalists says she never saw the gunman walk up to the group because the camera's bright light blinded her.
- Historic tugboat USS Hoga set for Arkansas Updated: Aug-28-15 2:44 pm
NORTH LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - The historic tugboat, USS Hoga, will soon head to its new home in North Little Rock from California after federal officials cleared the journey, according to the Arkansas Inland Maritime Museum.
- Train runs into truck on tracks in San Diego; no injuries Updated: Aug-28-15 2:35 pm
SAN DIEGO - Fire officials say an Amtrak train crashed into a truck that was on railroad tracks in San Diego, but the driver was able to jump out in time.
- Man injured in trolley station fall gets $21.5 million Updated: Aug-28-15 5:19 am
SAN DIEGO - An Imperial Beach man who was injured when he tripped and fell on trolley tracks is receiving a $21.5 million settlement from the San Diego Metropolitan Transit System.
- Ex-news director of gunman describes him as confrontational Updated: Aug-27-15 9:04 pm
SAN DIEGO - A San Diego news director recognized the gunman who shot to death two journalists on live television as a the man he had hired and later fired from a Florida TV station 16 years ago for getting in fights with colleagues and threatening others.
- Californians cut water without state imposing fines Updated: Aug-27-15 7:49 pm
FRESNO, California - For the second straight month, Californians exceeded hefty water conservation mandates during the relentless drought without the state imposing fines, officials said Thursday.
- Suit filed over smuggling boat capsize death off California Updated: Aug-26-15 5:06 pm
SAN DIEGO - The parents of a Mexican woman who died when a smuggling boat capsized off the Southern California coast are suing U.S. government agents they claim rammed the vessel.
- Developer: Raiders stadium in Oakland, California, feasible Updated: Aug-25-15 10:13 pm
OAKLAND, California - A San Diego businessman says his latest plan for a new Raiders stadium in the city of Oakland has a 50-50 chance of succeeding, but he's revealing little else about it.
- Appeals court invalidates federal court's shackling policy Updated: Aug-25-15 4:37 pm
SAN DIEGO - A California-based federal court failed to provide adequate justification for its policy of fully shackling defendants for most court appearances before a judge, a federal appeals court ruled Tuesday.
- San Diego proposing $163M stoplight system plan Updated: Aug-25-15 9:23 am
SAN DIEGO - San Diego officials are hoping a $163 million plan to install modern stoplight timing systems and other advanced technologies will address worsening traffic congestion on city roads.
- UCSD receives $5 million to study, combat climate change Updated: Aug-25-15 5:44 am
SAN DIEGO - A Del Mar energy executive has donated $5 million to UC San Diego to help combat climate change.
- Ex-soccer player Josh Lambo hopes to make Chargers as kicker Updated: Aug-24-15 7:48 pm
SAN DIEGO - Josh Lambo's soccer career ended sooner than he would have liked, so he turned to football.
- San Diego tells divers they are not welcome at cliffs Updated: Aug-24-15 2:53 pm
SAN DIEGO - San Diego has a message for those who come to Sunset Cliffs Natural Park prepared to jump in the water: take a hike.
- 1 hurt, 16 displaced in San Diego apartment fire Updated: Aug-24-15 1:04 pm
SAN DIEGO - A fire at a San Diego apartment building left one man injured, 16 people without a home and damage estimates of $850,000.
- Wacha, Piscotty lead Cardinals past Padres 10-3 Updated: Aug-23-15 9:47 pm
SAN DIEGO - Looking to avoid getting swept for the first time this season one night after getting shut out, Stephen Piscotty and the St. Louis Cardinals struck early and often.
- Cardinals stymied by Padres bullpen in 8-0 loss Updated: Aug-23-15 1:44 am
SAN DIEGO - It was the middle of the game, but Matt Carpenter's ejection was the beginning of the end for St. Louis.
- 'Underground railroad' assists Iraqi refugees in San Diego Updated: Aug-22-15 7:09 pm
SAN DIEGO - A Southern California nonprofit is running an "underground railroad" to assist Chaldean Catholics fleeing the turmoil in Iraq.
- 4 caught in unauthorized parachute jump off San Diego bridge Updated: Aug-20-15 8:11 pm
SAN DIEGO - Four men have been caught parachuting off the Coronado Bridge in San Diego.
- Chargers break camp; Rivers expects better division result Updated: Aug-20-15 7:48 pm
SAN DIEGO - The San Diego Chargers broke training camp on Thursday, saying they'd accomplished what they set out to do under the hot summer sun.
- At busy crossing, pedestrians need passport to enter Mexico Updated: Aug-20-15 11:49 am
SAN DIEGO - Walking into Mexico at the nation's busiest border crossing with the United States is no longer an uninterrupted stroll for foreigners.
- Uncle Sam joining ranks of businesses reviewed on Yelp Updated: Aug-19-15 11:37 pm
SAN DIEGO - Watch out TSA: You'll be joining the ranks of beauty salons, taco stands, and other services reviewed on Yelp, and Uncle Sam says it will take the online ratings into account to improve what the government calls "customer satisfaction."
- Solarte plates 2 as Padres beat Braves 3-2 to complete sweep Updated: Aug-19-15 8:21 pm
SAN DIEGO - The Padres have discovered an alternative fuel source, and his name is Yangervis Solarte.
- Padres promote outfielder Jankowski from Triple-A El Paso Updated: Aug-19-15 6:23 pm
SAN DIEGO - The San Diego Padres called up outfielder Travis Jankowski from Triple-A El Paso on Wednesday.
- Correction: Right to Die-California story Updated: Aug-19-15 3:52 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - In a story Aug. 18 about the reintroduction of right-to-die legislation in California, The Associated Press erroneously reported a comment by Debbie Ziegler, whose daughter moved from California to Oregon to legally take her own life. She said "What right does anyone of a specific religious faith have to demand I behave in concordance with their faith as I face my eminent death?"
- Qualcomm exec among those killed in midair plane collision Updated: Aug-19-15 3:04 am
SAN DIEGO - The pilot of a small plane who was killed in a collision with a small jet over Southern California was an executive at San Diego chipmaker Qualcomm, Inc., authorities and the company said.