- Encinitas home burns, woman and dog dead, man hospitalized. Updated: Jul-31-15 12:09 pm
ENCINITAS, California - The bodies of a woman and large dog were found and a man was hospitalized after fire destroyed an Encinitas home authorities say had a history of drug complaints and arrests.
- California's big cities say June water-saving goals were met Updated: Jul-29-15 8:31 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - California's largest cities said water conservation goals ordered by Gov. Jerry Brown were met or exceeded in June - the first month of mandatory cutbacks during the drought.
- Assembly speaker joins San Diego officials in stadium talks Updated: Jul-28-15 8:36 pm
SAN DIEGO - California Assembly Speaker Toni Atkins joined San Diego politicians at a meeting with NFL officials on Tuesday, offering advice on completing a thorough environmental impact report for a possible new stadium for the Chargers.
- Oil leak caused Marine jet crash in Southern California Updated: Jul-27-15 10:43 pm
SAN DIEGO - An oil leak caused a Marine fighter jet to crash in a Southern California neighborhood last year, setting several homes on fire and destroying the aircraft, it was reported Monday.
- Judge tosses lawsuit seeking fatal drugs for terminally ill Updated: Jul-27-15 6:04 pm
SAN DIEGO - A judge on Monday dismissed a lawsuit against the state on behalf of three terminally ill Californians seeking doctor-prescribed fatal medication.
- Upton's HR, Despaigne's pitching help Padres beat Marlins Updated: Jul-26-15 8:36 pm
SAN DIEGO - The way things were going, it seemed the Padres would likely be sellers as the trade deadline approaches. That was before they won five of eight on homestead that might change the front office's thinking.
- Judge rules Alzheimer's project belongs to UC San Diego Updated: Jul-25-15 5:47 pm
- California judge indicates dismissal of right-to-die lawsuit Updated: Jul-24-15 10:10 pm
SAN DIEGO - A judge strongly indicated Friday he will dismiss a lawsuit against the state by a single mom given only months to live and other California right-to-die advocates who want doctors to be allowed to prescribe fatal medication for terminally ill people.
- GOP's Walker hits Obama on Iran, strikes combative tone Updated: Jul-23-15 4:48 pm
SAN DIEGO - Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker told a sympathetic crowd of state lawmakers from around the country Thursday that he would trash the nuclear deal with Iran on his first day as president, striking a combative tone on how he would govern on a range of domestic and foreign policy issues.
- Replica of Cabrillo's Spanish ship 1 step closer to sailing Updated: Jul-23-15 6:20 am
SAN DIEGO - After July storms stopped its launch, a full-size replica of the Spanish ship whose 1542 arrival in San Diego marked the beginning of European settlement in California has left the port of San Diego.
- San Diego's Daily Transcript to close after nearly 130 years Updated: Jul-23-15 12:26 am
SAN DIEGO - The Daily Transcript of San Diego said Wednesday it will publish its last edition Sept. 1, ending a nearly 130-year run in the newspaper business.
- Belt, Posey gang up on Padres' pen in 7-1 Giants win Updated: Jul-22-15 8:41 pm
SAN DIEGO - Matt Cain knows he doesn't have time to settle in after returning to the San Francisco Giants following a long layoff.
- Padres struggling demote Middlebrooks, recall Almonte Updated: Jul-22-15 4:03 pm
SAN DIEGO - The San Diego Padres have sent struggling infielder Will Middlebrooks to Triple-A El Paso and recalled outfielder Abraham Almonte.
- Navy to play Notre Dame in San Diego in 2018 Updated: Jul-22-15 3:35 pm
SAN DIEGO - Navy and Notre Dame will play their annual rivalry game at Qualcomm Stadium in San Diego in 2018, the first meeting between the longtime rivals west of the Mississippi.
- University of San Diego dropped from rape lawsuit Updated: Jul-22-15 8:58 am
SAN DIEGO - A student has dropped the University of San Diego from a lawsuit that claimed administrators did not properly respond after she reported being raped at an off-campus party in May 2013.
- Brookline is back for US Open, LA North gets 1st shot Updated: Jul-22-15 6:14 am
The Country Club is getting its first U.S. Open in three decades, and Los Angeles Country Club is set to host its first major championship.
- Furniture business admits smuggling endangered abalone, fish Updated: Jul-22-15 12:23 am
SAN DIEGO - Federal prosecutors say a Los Angeles-based furniture business has pleaded guilty to smuggling endangered seafood.
- Navy sailors among those injured in Henderson plane crash Updated: Jul-21-15 7:08 pm
HENDERSON, Nevada - The Navy says three sailors, including one Navy SEAL, were among the four people injured in a small plane crash in Nevada on Sunday.
- Sale of Mt. Soledad memorial cross to private group complete Updated: Jul-21-15 6:20 am
SAN DIEGO - The half-acre plot of land under San Diego's Mount Soledad veterans memorial and cross has been sold, resolving a decades-long church-and-state conflict.
- Lincecum has cortisone shots for degenerative hip condition Updated: Jul-20-15 9:11 pm
SAN DIEGO - San Francisco Giants manager Bruce Bochy says right-hander Tim Lincecum has received cortisone shots in both hips to treat a degenerative condition.
- Significant rainfall totals from weekend storm Updated: Jul-20-15 10:58 am
LOS ANGELES - The National Weather Service is reporting impressive rainfall totals in Southern California after a weekend of downpours fueled by remnants of former Hurricane Dolores off Baja California.
- San Diego Zoo touts serval kitten cuteness Updated: Jul-20-15 9:32 am
SAN DIEGO - The San Diego Zoo is touting the cuteness of two serval kittens born in mid-May.
- Meet the women from 'U.N.C.L.E.' Updated: Jul-20-15 8:40 am
SAN DIEGO - You might say Alicia Vikander and Elizabeth Debicki danced their way into "The Man From U.N.C.L.E."
- California freeway bridge collapses, blocking Ariz. traffic Updated: Jul-20-15 2:01 am
LOS ANGELES - An elevated section of Interstate 10 collapsed Sunday amid heavy rains in the California desert, injuring one driver, stranding many others, and halting travel for thousands by cutting off both directions of a main corridor between Southern California and Arizona.
- Rockies-Padres postponed by rare rainout in San Diego Updated: Jul-19-15 9:00 pm
SAN DIEGO - It was a rare summer day in San Diego - a Padres game was rained out.