- Ex-San Diego mayor sentenced for harassment Updated: Dec-09-13 3:43 pm
- 5 things to know after Chargers beat Giants 37-14 Updated: Dec-09-13 3:39 am
- Philip Rivers helps Chargers beat Giants 37-14 Updated: Dec-09-13 12:54 am
- Giants dumped from playoff picture with 37-14 loss Updated: Dec-08-13 9:51 pm
- Huskies can't hold halftime lead vs. San Diego St. Updated: Dec-08-13 6:28 pm
- Thames helps No. 24 San Diego State rally for win Updated: Dec-08-13 6:20 pm
- Salvation Army ringer sets 105-hour ring record Updated: Dec-08-13 5:10 pm
- Pierre-Paul inactive for Giants against Chargers Updated: Dec-08-13 3:45 pm
- Would-be San Diego jewel thief gets lunch instead Updated: Dec-07-13 9:26 pm
- Chargers add OLB Ingram to active roster Updated: Dec-07-13 5:44 pm
- Ex-San Diego teacher gets 7 years for child porn Updated: Dec-07-13 12:56 pm
- Man linked to Mexican cartel gets 21-year sentence Updated: Dec-06-13 5:39 pm
- Gerry Dulac's NFL Forecast: Week 14 Updated: Dec-06-13 1:18 pm
- 'Dad' Harbaugh still influences 49ers, Ravens Updated: Dec-06-13 9:50 am
- Holiday movies: Fun to be found amid award-season bait Updated: Dec-06-13 9:47 am
- USD loses 8th straight to No. 24 SDSU, 65-64 Updated: Dec-06-13 2:39 am
- Thames, Davis help No. 24 SDSU hold off USD 65-64 Updated: Dec-06-13 2:12 am
- 1 ½ tons of cocaine seized in crackdown Updated: Dec-05-13 3:48 pm
- Winfield joins union as special assistant to Clark Updated: Dec-05-13 1:51 pm
- California cities make moves against e-cigarettes Updated: Dec-04-13 11:14 pm
- S. Cal man fights extradition in dismember case Updated: Dec-04-13 9:01 pm
- Eli Manning and Philip Rivers are forever linked Updated: Dec-04-13 6:14 pm
- Moulton: The case for Ohio State Updated: Dec-04-13 11:18 am
- Wags and barks speak volumes when talking to dogs Updated: Dec-04-13 11:10 am
- AL West champion A's make 3 trades in 2 days Updated: Dec-03-13 8:34 pm
SAN DIEGO - Bob Filner was sentenced Monday to three months of home confinement and three years of probation for harassing women while he was mayor of San Diego, completing the fall of the former 10-term congressman who barely a year ago achieved his long dream of being elected leader of the nation's eighth-largest city.
SAN DIEGO - It's one Manning down, and the other one to go for the San Diego Chargers.
SAN DIEGO - Philip Rivers and the San Diego Chargers still have Eli Manning's number.
SAN DIEGO - The New York Giants got themselves in big trouble with an 0-6 start, and then began to climb out of the hole by winning five of six.
SAN DIEGO - After a promising first half in which Washington held a nine-point lead at the break, the Huskies gave it all back to No. 24 San Diego State.
SAN DIEGO - After playing five games in 11 days, the No. 24 San Diego State Aztecs looked tired against Washington. A second-half surge changed all that in a hurry.
COLTON, California - Salvation Army Maj. Marcelino "Butch" Soriano got a jump on ringing in the New Year this holiday season by ringing a bell for a record 105 consecutive hours outside a Wal-Mart in Colton this week.
SAN DIEGO - Police say an armed robber who held up a jewelry store employee at an upscale San Diego mall ended up not with a sack of diamonds or cash but a sack lunch.
SAN DIEGO - A retired teacher who worked in San Diego schools for 34 years will spend seven years in federal prison for child pornography.
SAN DIEGO - A man whose brother is believed to be a prolific cartel hit man was sentenced to more than 21 years in prison after pleading guilty to attempted murder in what authorities said was a plot to kill a mother and son in Southern California who owed a drug debt.
SUNDAY - Miami Dolphins (6-6) at Steelers (5-7), 1 p.m. (EST)
In recent years, San Francisco 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh has aggressively tried to hire an unemployed coach who otherwise wasn't in demand.
The holiday movie season often is dominated by awards talk, since it's when studios release thoughtful dramas and big-budget fantasy epics meant to capture Oscar voters' fancies.
SAN DIEGO - The San Diego Toreros are the city's second-best basketball team again, if just by one point.
SAN DIEGO - San Diego State's first game back in The Associated Press Top 25 was almost a loss in a spirited tussle with its scrappy crosstown rival.
SAN DIEGO - Authorities have seized more than 3,000 pounds of cocaine in a three-year crackdown on a nationwide drug trafficking operation centered near the California-Mexico border.
SAN DIEGO - Hall of Famer Dave Winfield has joined the Major League Baseball Players Association staff as a special assistant to new executive director Tony Clark.
RICHMOND, California - Two California cities have voted to ban electronic cigarettes in public places, and Los Angeles on Wednesday moved to prohibit their sale to minors.
SAN DIEGO - A Southern California man suspected of killing and dismembering a man in Hawaii is fighting extradition.
EAST RUTHERFORD, New Jersey - Eli Manning doesn't feel comfortable talking about why he and his family didn't want him to play in San Diego in 2004.
If Florida State and Ohio State win Saturday, they play for the national championship.
LOS ANGELES - If a dog's bark or tail doesn't convey an understandable message, check the animal's eyes, ears, nose or the tilt of its head for clues. A veterinarian says it's important that humans get the right message if they want to communicate well with their pets.
OAKLAND, California - Billy Beane is busy dealing in December once again.