- Retired broadcaster buys Erie Otters junior hockey team Updated: Jul-17-15 3:45 pm
ERIE, Pennsylvania - Retired Canadian broadcaster James Waters has purchased the Erie Otters major junior hockey team for $7.225 million.
- Presque Isle Downs gets permit to shoot deer near racetrack Updated: Jul-15-15 9:29 am
ERIE, Pennsylvania - A northwestern Pennsylvania racetrack has gotten a state permit to shoot 15 deer as part of an effort to keep the animals from jumping onto the track during thoroughbred races.
- Police charge boy, 14, in fatal shooting of 18-year-old man Updated: Jul-13-15 1:43 pm
ERIE, Pennsylvania - Authorities say a 14-year-old boy wanted in the fatal shooting of an 18-year-old man in northwestern Pennsylvania has turned himself into police.
- GE to move some work from Erie to Texas over schedule delay Updated: Jul-10-15 6:05 pm
ERIE, Pennsylvania - GE Transportation said its Northwestern Pennsylvania location fell behind on its 2015 production schedule during union negotiations and the company now plans to move more work to Texas, potentially costing over 100 jobs in Erie.
- Erie Zoo welcomes lynx triplets, first cubs since 1971 Updated: Jul-10-15 9:44 am
ERIE, Pennsylvania - The Erie Zoo has welcomed lynx triplets, its first cubs since 1971.
- Coroner: Exhumed toddler's heroin death ruled 'homicide' Updated: Jul-09-15 9:02 am
ERIE, Pennsylvania - A coroner says someone killed a 14-month-old Pennsylvania girl with heroin.
- Man armed with pellet guns, shot by police must stand trial Updated: Jul-08-15 10:35 am
ERIE, Pennsylvania - A man armed with pellet guns when he was wounded by police in northwestern Pennsylvania has been ordered to stand trial on charges including aggravated assault and reckless endangerment.
- Man gets prison for assaulting Neighborhood Watch official Updated: Jul-02-15 11:32 am
ERIE, Pennsylvania - A northwestern Pennsylvania man will spend five to 10 years in prison for severely beating a Neighborhood Watch official who took a picture of the defendant's van when it was parked behind an unoccupied house.
- Pennsylvania track to start races earlier to avoid deer Updated: Jun-30-15 5:57 pm
ERIE, Pennsylvania - Deer, not deuces, are wild at Presque Isle Downs and Casino, and the racetrack is making changes to get its horses back in the starting gate.
- Erie Coke Corp. deemed compliant after improvements Updated: Jun-30-15 4:08 pm
ERIE, Pennsylvania - The Erie Coke Corp., after spending millions of dollars on pollution control improvements and fines, has satisfied environmental regulators who tried to shut it down.
- 3,200 GE Transportation workers in Erie voting on contract Updated: Jun-30-15 8:58 am
ERIE, Pennsylvania - About 3,200 GE Transportation workers are voting on a new four-year contract containing $1.20 in hourly raises and $10,000 in lump-sum bonuses.
- School aid formula being considered creates winners, losers Updated: Jun-29-15 11:20 am
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - A new public school funding formula being considered by the Legislature would create winners and losers as it seeks a way to link the distribution of state aid more closely to need.