- School aid formula being considered creates winners, losers Updated: Jun-29-15 11:20 am
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - A new public school funding formula being considered by the Legislature would create winners and losers as it seeks a way to link the distribution of state aid more closely to need.
- Erie Otters franchise to be sold at auction to Toronto group Updated: Jun-25-15 5:05 pm
ERIE, Pennsylvania - The Erie Otters minor league hockey franchise is set to be sold at auction in U.S. Bankruptcy Court in Erie on July 10.
- GE contract contains lump sums, raises, more health costs Updated: Jun-24-15 1:09 pm
ERIE, Pennsylvania - About 3,200 GE Transportation workers in Erie will receive $1.20 in hourly raises and $10,000 in lump-sum payments in a tentative contract covering 16,500 union workers at plants nationwide.
- Weightlifting helps man get healthy after retirement Updated: Jun-16-15 3:09 pm
ERIE, Pennsylvania - LeRoy Burton felt a lot older than 67 when he walked into Joe Orengia's gym 13 years ago.
- Superior Court judge disbarred for fraud seeks reinstatement Updated: Jun-04-15 10:58 am
ERIE, Pennsylvania - A former Superior Court judge who was disbarred after his federal conviction for a $440,000 auto insurance fraud wants his law license reinstated.
- John Petersen, former CEO for whom Pitt arena is named, dies Updated: Jun-01-15 2:32 pm
PITTSBURGH - John Petersen, a retired insurance executive whose gifts to the University of Pittsburgh included $10 million for a basketball arena named for himself and his wife, has died. He was 86.
- Erie police shoot armed man; wounds not life-threatening Updated: May-31-15 9:56 am
ERIE, Pennsylvania - Authorities say a man was shot by police during an early morning confrontation in northwestern Pennsylvania, but his injuries aren't believed to be life-threatening.