- Woman's body found near central Indiana nature preserve Updated: Sep-04-15 7:28 am
NEW PALESTINE, Indiana - Authorities are investigating after a woman's body was found near the Jacob Schramm Nature Preserve in central Indiana.
- Councilman sues South Bend for not defending him in lawsuit Updated: Sep-04-15 6:34 am
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - A South Bend city council member is suing the city for not defending him in a libel case involving a wiretapping investigation.
- Old oak in Bloomington's Seminary Park to come down Updated: Sep-04-15 5:09 am
BLOOMINGTON, Indiana - One of Bloomington's most historical trees has been tagged for removal.
- Indianapolis joins fight against childhood obesity Updated: Sep-04-15 5:06 am
INDIANAPOLIS - When it comes to combating childhood obesity, teaching kids about proper nutrition and exercise is only one part of the equation.
- Muncie boy, 17, arrested in July home invasion slaying Updated: Sep-04-15 4:47 am
MUNCIE, Indiana - A 17-year-old boy has been arrested in connection with the home invasion slaying of an 18-year-old man in Muncie.
- Police: Man donated blood plasma, knew he had HIV Updated: Sep-04-15 4:43 am
GARY, Indiana - Police say a northwestern Indiana man knew he was HIV positive when he sold his blood plasma to a company in Gary.
- IU researchers get grant to study growing 'makers movement' Updated: Sep-04-15 3:47 am
BLOOMINGTON, Indiana - Two Indiana University researchers are leading a study of the growing "makers movement" that's being driven by designers, tinkerers and inventors.
- Fishers police offer lobby for safe Internet transactions Updated: Sep-04-15 3:43 am
FISHERS, Indiana - The police department in a rapidly growing Indianapolis suburb is joining a growing list of public agencies offering safe places to conduct Internet trading and transactions.
- Obarski's late field goal sends Bengals past Colts 9-6 Updated: Sep-03-15 11:38 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Bengals quarterback A.J. McCarron impressed his coach Thursday night.
- 3 people at Colts-Bengals game injured by falling debris Updated: Sep-03-15 11:24 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Three people sustained minor injuries at Thursday night's Colts game when they were hit by a bolt from the roof.
- Ball State holds off VMI 48-36 Updated: Sep-03-15 11:03 pm
MUNCIE, Indiana - Darian Green tied a school-record with four touchdowns to help Ball State beat VMI 48-36 in the opener for both teams Thursday night.
- Colts defensive lineman to have surgery on injured ankle Updated: Sep-03-15 10:45 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Indianapolis Colts defensive lineman Art Jones will have surgery on his injured left ankle, coach Chuck Pagano said Thursday night.
- Australian Rugby, Notre Dame to exchange training data Updated: Sep-03-15 7:58 pm
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - GPS helped the Australian Rugby Union team get to Notre Dame - and it has nothing to do with the Wallabies having difficulty finding the Golden Dome.
- Parents of Indiana 15-year-old killed by police plan lawsuit Updated: Sep-03-15 5:52 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - The parents of a 15-year-old carjacking suspect who was fatally shot by Indianapolis police plan to file a wrongful death lawsuit alleging that officers were negligent and violated his constitutional rights, an attorney for the family said Thursday.
- Ex-Speedway fire chief strikes deal to plead guilty to theft Updated: Sep-03-15 5:25 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - A prosecutor says a former central Indiana fire chief accusing of spending more than $58,000 in public funds on personal expenses has agreed to plead guilty to theft and official misconduct charges.
- Jury finds ex-Indianapolis Colts player not guilty of rape Updated: Sep-03-15 4:28 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - A jury has found former Indianapolis Colts linebacker Josh McNary not guilty of forcing a woman he met in a bar to have sex.
- Online music retailer Sweetwater adding 285 jobs by 2018 Updated: Sep-03-15 2:58 pm
FORT WAYNE, Indiana - Sweetwater Sound Inc. will invest $8.8 million in expanding its Indiana headquarters and creating up to 285 new jobs by the end of 2018, the online musical instrument and audio gear retailer announced Thursday.
- Smythe looks to add to tight end tradition at Notre Dame Updated: Sep-03-15 2:33 pm
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - Notre Dame tight end Durham Smythe knows his hold on the starter's job is tenuous heading into Saturday night's season-opener against Texas and some old friends.
- Rules on Indiana A-F school grades called into doubt Updated: Sep-03-15 1:46 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - The Indiana Department of Education is reviewing whether A-F performance grades to schools around the state could be canceled this year because regulations on setting those grades have expired.
- Richmond Mayor Hutton being treated for cancer Updated: Sep-03-15 12:30 pm
RICHMOND, Indiana - An eastern Indiana mayor says she will continue overseeing her city's operations while she battles cancer.
- Ritz names panel that will study decline in teacher licenses Updated: Sep-03-15 11:29 am
INDIANAPOLIS - State schools chief Glenda Ritz has announced the members of a panel she's formed to investigate why a declining number of people are becoming teachers in Indiana.
- Indiana Beach amusement park bought by California company Updated: Sep-03-15 11:08 am
MONTICELLO, Indiana - The Indiana Beach amusement park has a new owner for just the second time in its nearly 90-year history.
- 16-car train derails on CSX rail line in eastern Indiana Updated: Sep-03-15 8:40 am
PARKER CITY, Indiana - Eastern Indiana officials say a 16-car train that derailed near a high school closed a county road for several hours.
- Man gets 70 years for stabbing wife with butcher knife Updated: Sep-03-15 6:52 am
MUNCIE, Indiana - A Muncie man accused of trying to kill his wife by stabbing her with a butcher knife has been sentenced to 70 years in prison.
- Family of first black woman to enroll at IU visits campus Updated: Sep-03-15 6:29 am
BLOOMINGTON, Indiana - For Dina Kellams, it was the end of a quest.