- Russia steps up propaganda push with online "Kremlin trolls" Updated: May-29-15 2:15 am
ST. PETERSBURG, Russia - Deep inside a four-story marble building in St. Petersburg, hundreds of workers tap away at computers on the front lines of an information war, say those who have been inside. Known as "Kremlin trolls," the men and women work 12-hour shifts around the clock, flooding the Internet with propaganda aimed at stamping President Vladimir Putin's world vision on Russia, and the world.
- Alleged Nazi war criminal wanted by Russia dies in Quebec Updated: May-28-15 7:42 pm
MONTREAL - Vladimir Katriuk, the man who held the No. 2 spot on the Simon Wiesenthal Center's list of most wanted Nazi war criminals, has died, his lawyer said Thursday. He was 93.
- EU embrace of eastern partners turns lukewarm Updated: May-22-15 10:32 am
RIGA, Latvia - The European Union reaffirmed its partnership with six post-Soviet nations Friday but offered them no new prospects of future membership in the Western bloc at a summit overshadowed by the Ukraine crisis.
- Poland soccer chief Boniek wants World Cup taken from Russia Updated: May-21-15 1:02 pm
WARSAW, Poland - Poland football federation president Zbigniew Boniek says FIFA should be able to take the 2018 World Cup away from Russia because of conflict in Ukraine.
- AP Interview: Georgia's leader warns of Russian expansion Updated: May-19-15 11:44 am
TBILISI, Georgia - Russia is poised to use its armed forces to expand further into former Soviet states, Georgia's president said Tuesday, calling on the West never to accept any Russian aggression.
- NATO meets Russians in Brussels, urges Ukraine withdrawal Updated: May-19-15 9:08 am
BRUSSELS - NATO Secretary-General Jens Stoltenberg and Russia's foreign minister met Tuesday for the first time in three months, and Stoltenberg said he restated the "very strong NATO position" against Moscow's annexation of Crimea and its support for rebels in eastern Ukraine.
- Crimean police detain Tatars commemorating mass deportation Updated: May-18-15 3:50 pm
MOSCOW - Police in the capital of Russia-annexed Crimea have detained demonstrators trying to take part in an unauthorized motorcade to observe the anniversary of the mass deportation of Crimean Tatars.
- No breakthrough as Kerry meets Russia's Putin Updated: May-12-15 5:06 pm
SOCHI, Russia - The United States and Russia emerged Tuesday from their most extensive, high-level talks in years vowing closer cooperation on Ukraine and Syria but unable to point to any breakthrough or new approach to bridge the major differences separating the two powers.
- Kerry heads to Russia in first visit since Ukraine crisis Updated: May-11-15 3:52 pm
WASHINGTON - Secretary of State John Kerry departed Monday for Russia to meet with President Vladimir Putin, on his first visit to the country since relations between Washington and Moscow plummeted to post-Cold War lows amid disagreements over Ukraine and Syria.
- Poland marks 70th anniversary of end of WWII Updated: May-07-15 7:23 pm
WARSAW, Poland - Poland's president led international commemorations late Thursday and into Friday marking the 70th anniversary of the end of World War II, a gathering meant as an alternative celebration to Moscow's Red Square parade this weekend.
- NATO to briefly move command HQ to Romania from Naples Updated: May-05-15 11:04 am
BUCHAREST, Romania - NATO will briefly move an allied joint force command headquarter to Romania as the alliance continues to hone its ability to react to Russia's moves in Ukraine and other security challenges, a top commander said Tuesday.
- UN confirms Ban will visit Moscow for WW2 Victory Day Updated: May-04-15 3:11 pm
- Pro-Putin bikers lay wreath in Vienna en route to Berlin Updated: May-02-15 6:04 pm
VIENNA - Members of a nationalistic Russian bikers club were greeted by cheering supporters as they laid a wreath Saturday at a monument to the Soviet soldiers who liberated Vienna from the Nazis.
- Vasyl Lomachenko steps into boxing spotlight before May-Pac Updated: Apr-30-15 9:57 pm
LAS VEGAS - Nearly 13 years ago, a little-known champion from a boxing outpost got the chance to fight on one of the biggest pay-per-view shows of this century, and he stepped into worldwide stardom with a dynamic performance.
- Polish biker says a Night Wolves member made it into country Updated: Apr-30-15 12:34 pm
WARSAW, Poland - A Polish biker said Thursday that at least one member of a nationalistic Russian motorcycle club appears to have entered Poland despite a ban, and visited the Auschwitz memorial site with two other Russians - one of whom briefly unfurled a Soviet flag.
- US commander: Russia seems set for new offensive in Ukraine Updated: Apr-30-15 12:11 pm
WASHINGTON - The top U.S. commander for NATO said Thursday that America needs better intelligence on the ground in Ukraine, but that it appears Russian forces have used a recent lull in fighting to reposition for another offensive.
- Stalin billboards go up in Crimea ahead of Victory Day Updated: Apr-30-15 12:04 pm
SEVASTOPOL, Crimea - Billboards with the image of Soviet dictator Josef Stalin have appeared all over Sevastopol in Russian-annexed Crimea in the run-up to Victory Day celebrations on May 9.