- UN confirms Ban will visit Moscow for WW2 Victory Day Updated: May-04-15 3:11 pm
- Pro-Putin bikers lay wreath in Vienna en route to Berlin Updated: May-02-15 6:04 pm
VIENNA - Members of a nationalistic Russian bikers club were greeted by cheering supporters as they laid a wreath Saturday at a monument to the Soviet soldiers who liberated Vienna from the Nazis.
- Vasyl Lomachenko steps into boxing spotlight before May-Pac Updated: Apr-30-15 9:57 pm
LAS VEGAS - Nearly 13 years ago, a little-known champion from a boxing outpost got the chance to fight on one of the biggest pay-per-view shows of this century, and he stepped into worldwide stardom with a dynamic performance.
- Polish biker says a Night Wolves member made it into country Updated: Apr-30-15 12:34 pm
WARSAW, Poland - A Polish biker said Thursday that at least one member of a nationalistic Russian motorcycle club appears to have entered Poland despite a ban, and visited the Auschwitz memorial site with two other Russians - one of whom briefly unfurled a Soviet flag.
- US commander: Russia seems set for new offensive in Ukraine Updated: Apr-30-15 12:11 pm
WASHINGTON - The top U.S. commander for NATO said Thursday that America needs better intelligence on the ground in Ukraine, but that it appears Russian forces have used a recent lull in fighting to reposition for another offensive.
- Stalin billboards go up in Crimea ahead of Victory Day Updated: Apr-30-15 12:04 pm
SEVASTOPOL, Crimea - Billboards with the image of Soviet dictator Josef Stalin have appeared all over Sevastopol in Russian-annexed Crimea in the run-up to Victory Day celebrations on May 9.
- Polish border guards refuse entry for 10 Russian bikers Updated: Apr-27-15 2:44 pm
TERESPOL, Poland - Polish border guards on Monday blocked 10 nationalistic Russian bikers loyal to President Vladimir Putin from entering Poland as part of a ride to commemorate the Red Army's victory over Nazi Germany 70 years ago.
- Putin accuses US of supporting separatists in Russia Updated: Apr-26-15 4:04 pm
MOSCOW - In a new documentary, Russian President Vladimir Putin says intercepted calls showed that the U.S. helped separatists in Russia's North Caucasus in the 2000s, underscoring his suspicions of the West.
- Poland bans 'provocative' Russian bikers loyal to Putin Updated: Apr-24-15 1:58 pm
WARSAW, Poland - Polish authorities said Friday they will not allow a nationalistic Russian motorcycle group loyal to President Vladimir Putin to enter Poland, but insisted the move is not political and was made in part because Polish authorities would not be able to guarantee their security.
- Czech president: Russian attack on Baltics would be suicidal Updated: Apr-21-15 2:02 pm
PRAGUE - Russia is unlikely to launch a military thrust against the Baltics because President Vladimir Putin "is not suicidal," Czech President Milos Zeman said Tuesday.
- Ukrainian fighting in and out of the ring Updated: Apr-17-15 8:02 am
KIEV, Ukraine - Ukrainian boxer Oleksandr Usyk is a man fighting both inside and outside the ring.
- Russian troops hold drills in Moldova's separatist region Updated: Apr-09-15 4:16 am
MOSCOW - Russian troops have conducted military exercises in Moldova's pro-Russia separatist region.