- Russia strikes back at Turkey with economic sanctions Updated: Nov-26-15 11:59 am
MOSCOW - Russia plans to retaliate against Turkey for the downing of a warplane by imposing sanctions, cutting economic ties and scrapping major investment projects.
- Ukraine stops buying Russian gas, closes airspace Updated: Nov-25-15 11:41 am
MOSCOW - Tensions between Russia and Ukraine escalated Wednesday as Ukraine decided to stop buying Russian natural gas - hoping to rely on supplies from other countries - and closed its airspace to its eastern neighbor.
- Ukraine announces halt in delivery of goods to Crimea Updated: Nov-23-15 9:48 am
MOSCOW - Ukraine's government has ordered a halt to all delivery of goods to Crimea, the peninsula annexed by Russia last year.
- Explosions at Ukrainian towers leave Crimea without power Updated: Nov-22-15 9:09 am
MOSCOW - Two electricity transmission towers in Ukraine were damaged by explosions, leaving most of the nearly 2 million people on the disputed Crimean Peninsula without power on Sunday, the Russian Energy Ministry said.
- NATO chief sounds alarm over Russian buildup Updated: Nov-05-15 10:02 am
TROIA, Portugal - NATO's secretary-general sounded the alarm Thursday over the build-up of Russian military forces from the Baltic Sea to the Mediterranean and called on the U.S.-led alliance to come up with a response.
- Analysis: Russian goals in Syria defined by timing Updated: Nov-02-15 3:25 am
WASHINGTON - There's much speculation about Russian motives for intervening in Syria. The root answer lies in the timing.