- Bumps in rollout of cellphone alerts in Washington Updated: Mar-09-14 3:45 pm
- Fire official: fire crews followed protocol Updated: Mar-09-14 2:52 pm
- Trial set Monday in Yakima alleged sex abuse case Updated: Mar-09-14 1:23 pm
- Rains send sewage into Port Angeles Harbor Updated: Mar-09-14 12:51 pm
- Giant statues could find home at a Wash. retreat Updated: Mar-09-14 11:04 am
- Cleveland claims 2nd straight Class 3A title Updated: Mar-09-14 3:52 am
- Colton wins 6th straight Class 1B girls title Updated: Mar-09-14 3:41 am
- Oregon St. women advance in 70-60 win over WSU Updated: Mar-09-14 1:59 am
- Lynden Christian beats King's 55-40 for 1A title Updated: Mar-09-14 1:51 am
- Washington State routs UCLA, 73-55 Updated: Mar-09-14 1:39 am
- Seattle scrape past Kansas City 1-0 in opener Updated: Mar-09-14 1:05 am
- Rainier Beach holds off Eastside Catholic Updated: Mar-09-14 12:53 am
- No. 4 Stanford stunned by USC 72-68 in Pac-12 semi Updated: Mar-09-14 12:41 am
- Colton holds on late to beat Pomeroy Updated: Mar-09-14 12:36 am
- Zillah tops King's 52-46 for 1A Boys Title Updated: Mar-09-14 12:29 am
- Weber State holds off Eastern Washington 82-78 Updated: Mar-08-14 11:56 pm
- W.F. West beats Mark Morris 48-37; wins 2A girls Updated: Mar-08-14 11:11 pm
- G-Prep rallies past Mt. Rainer for 4A title 53-51 Updated: Mar-08-14 11:00 pm
- Colfax girls top Toutle Lake 45-38, win crown Updated: Mar-08-14 10:54 pm
- Garfield knocks off Richland 68-59 Updated: Mar-08-14 9:35 pm
- Morton-White Pass knocks off St. George's 54-51 Updated: Mar-08-14 8:47 pm
- Pullman repeats with OT win over Lynden Updated: Mar-08-14 8:23 pm
- Washington defeats Southern Cal 82-75 Updated: Mar-08-14 7:03 pm
- Seattle tops Kansas City 1-0 on late goal Updated: Mar-08-14 6:33 pm
- Veterans upset by theft from W. Richland memorial Updated: Mar-08-14 6:22 pm
TACOMA, Washington - A system set up to send emergency alerts to thousands of cellphone users warning them of natural disasters and missing children has experienced problems during its rollout in Washington state, the News Tribune reported Sunday.
KENNEWICK, Washington - Fire officials say Kennewick fire crews followed department protocol before they left the scene of an apartment fire last month that eventually rekindled.
YAKIMA, Washington - A federal judge in Yakima is scheduled on Monday hear a case involving a man who sued the Catholic Diocese of Yakima over alleged clergy sexual abuse.
PORT ANGELES, Washington - Public health officials in Port Angeles are warning people away from waters of Port Angeles Harbor after heavy rains sent about 6 million gallons of combined rain and raw sewage into the harbor.
EVERETT, Washington - The man is about 15 feet tall and has eight arms, holding a hammer, knives and other tools.
TACOMA, Washington - Makala Roper scored 17 points to lead Cleveland to a second straight Class 3A state title with a 54-46 victory over Bishop Blanchet on Saturday night.
SPOKANE, Washington - Zoe Moser dominated the first half, Jenna Moser took over in the second and Colton captured its sixth straight Washington Class 1B girls championship with a 68-32 victory Tekoa-Oakesdale on Saturday night.
SEATTLE - Sydney Wiese and Ali Gibson combined for 36 points while making 9 of 15 shots from three-point range as No. 3 seed Oregon State breezed past seventh-seeded Washington State 70-60 on Saturday night, setting up an unlikely Pac-12 Conference championship matchup with No. 5 seed USC.
YAKIMA, Washington - Tournament MVP Kara Bajema scored 13 points to lead four double-figure scorers as Lynden Christian beat King's 55-40 on Saturday for the Class 1A girl state championship.
PULLMAN, Washington - Que Johnson scored 14 points and hit four 3-pointers to help Washington State rout UCLA 73-55 Saturday night and secure an 11th-place Pac-12 Conference finish.
SEATTLE - Chad Barrett scored in the final moments of second half-stoppage time to give the Seattle Sounders a 1-0 victory over champions Sporting Kansas City on Saturday in the Major League Soccer season opener.
TACOMA, Washington - Djuan Piper converted an off-balance jumper from just inside the foul line with 5.1 seconds remaining to lift Rainier Beach over Eastside Catholic 47-45 and earn a third straight Class 3A boys state championship.
SEATTLE - Stanford playing for the Pac-12 tournament title had become almost expected.
SPOKANE, Washington - Jake Straughan scored eight of his game-high 25 points in the closing minutes to carry Colton past Pomeroy 59-46 Saturday night in the Washington Class 1B boys state title game.
YAKIMA, Washington - Tournament MVP Brady Widner scored a game-high 21 points to lead Zillah to a 52-46 win over King's for the Class 1A boys state championship Saturday.
CHENEY, Washington - Davion Berry scored 24 points and Joel Bolomboy added 14 points and 11 rebounds as Weber State survived an Eastern Washington rally for an 82-78 victory on Saturday.
YAKIMA, Washington - Led by tournament MVP Julie Spencer, W.F. West ran past defending champ Mark Morris 48-37 on Saturday en route to the Class 2A girls state championship.
TACOMA, Washington - Otiona Gildon scored 10 of Gonzaga Prep's 11 fourth quarter points as Gonzaga Prep rallied to defeat Mount Rainier 53-51 and claim the 4A girls state championship.
SPOKANE, Washington - Amara Huber scored 17 points and Colfax used a quick start to help topple Toutle Lake 45-38 on Saturday night in the Washington Class 2B girls state title game.
TACOMA, Washington - Tramaine Isabell scored a tournament-high 34 points to lead Garfield to a 68-59 victory over Richland to claim its first Class 4A boys state championship since 1998.
SPOKANE, Washington - Kalen Dunlap scored 19 points before fouling out and Morton-White Pass held on to beat defending champion St. George's 54-51 on Saturday in the Washington Class 2B boys state title game.
YAKIMA, Washington - David Ungerer scored six of his 20 points in overtime to lead Pullman to a 64-58 overtime win over Lynden on Saturday that gave the Greyhounds a title repeat in the Class 2A boys state tournament.
SEATTLE - C.J. Wilcox scored 24 points in his final regular-season game and Andrew Andrews added 19 as Washington held off a late charge from Southern California for an 82-75 win Saturday.
SEATTLE - Once the scrum subsided, a visitor made his way over to Chad Barrett in the Seattle locker room after an introduction that could not have been more dramatic for the home side.
WEST RICHLAND, Washington - Veterans in West Richland are upset about the theft of an M-16 rifle and a helmet from a war memorial.