- Correction: Mudslide-Claims story Updated: Apr-19-14 5:46 pm
- Boy struck by tree, dies while hiking the Olympics Updated: Apr-19-14 4:28 pm
- Wash. woman charged with DUI after mudslide report Updated: Apr-19-14 3:43 pm
- Daughter seeks no parole for father's killer Updated: Apr-19-14 1:19 pm
- Kelso woman jailed for dangerous dogs Updated: Apr-19-14 12:46 pm
- Prosecutors seek new judge in Carnation killings Updated: Apr-19-14 12:32 pm
- Month after slide: husband found, wife missing Updated: Apr-19-14 11:43 am
- Truck slams into McDonald's patio; 4 to hospital Updated: Apr-19-14 1:43 am
- Rangers top White Sox 12-0 in Perez's 1st shutout Updated: Apr-19-14 12:11 am
- 2 Wash. men accused of hauling 45 pounds of pot Updated: Apr-18-14 11:49 pm
- Flyaway owl found, hungry but safe Updated: Apr-18-14 10:34 pm
- High winds uproot, damage 14 trees in Tacoma park Updated: Apr-18-14 10:19 pm
- 2 Seattle K-9 siblings track suspects Updated: Apr-18-14 9:10 pm
- Energy Department appeals order Updated: Apr-18-14 7:40 pm
- State, feds reject each other's Hanford proposals Updated: Apr-18-14 7:40 pm
- Proposed timber sale near slide deferred Updated: Apr-18-14 6:16 pm
- Brandon Maurer to start Sunday for Mariners Updated: Apr-18-14 5:41 pm
- Washington to pay $9M to tortured, abused siblings Updated: Apr-18-14 4:50 pm
- Muddy wasteland awaits Obama's visit to mudslide Updated: Apr-18-14 4:43 pm
- Big wave warning for Washington clam diggers Updated: Apr-18-14 3:42 pm
- Fired Wenatchee teacher wins back job, pay Updated: Apr-18-14 2:12 pm
- Sherpa guides on Seattle team killed on Everest Updated: Apr-18-14 2:02 pm
- Gonzaga signs son of Arvydas Sabonis Updated: Apr-18-14 12:26 pm
- Public art tribute to Moxee's hop-growing history Updated: Apr-18-14 12:22 pm
- Pe Ell town marshal resigns after DUI arrest Updated: Apr-18-14 12:07 pm
EVERETT, Washington - In a story April 18 about a woman whose husband was killed in the Washington mudslide and who filed claims against the state and Snohomish County, The Associated Press erroneously reported the amount of those claims. The claims seek a total of $3.5 million, not $7 million.
LILLIWAUP, Washington - A Mason County sheriff's spokesman says a 12-year-old boy was struck and killed by a falling tree while hiking in the Olympic National Forest.
PENDLETON, Oregon - Oregon State Police arrested an Edmonds, Washington, woman on a drunken driving charge not long after getting a report that she may have been stuck in a mudslide.
PORT ORCHARD, Washington - Every day before she climbs the stairs at the Kitsap County Courthouse to her job in the Superior Court clerk's office, Gina Vinecourt walks by a memorial to her father, Deputy Dennis R. Allred.
LONGVIEW, Washington - A Kelso woman accused of hiding dangerous dogs from officials has been sentenced to four days in jail for failing to register her dogs and other violations.
SEATTLE - King County prosecutors are seeking a new trial judge in the death penalty cases against two people accused of killing a family of six in Carnation in 2007.
SEATTLE - The family of John Regelbrugge III, who died along with his wife in the devastating mudslide last month, laid the veteran Navy commander to rest in a California cemetery with full military honors.
LONGVIEW, Washington - Police in Longview, Washington, say a pickup truck that ran a red light collided with two other vehicles and then ran up onto a fence surrounding an outdoor eating area at a McDonald's restaurant. The pickup driver, a woman seated at an outdoor restaurant table and two others were taken to a hospital.
ARLINGTON, Texas - Martin Perez turned toward first base, waiting for the call he hoped was coming.
MEDFORD, Oregon - Oregon State Police in southern Oregon have arrested two Washington state men accused of hauling about 45 pounds of marijuana and a small amount of hashish as they drove north on Interstate 5.
TACOMA, Washington - Officials at a Tacoma, Washington, zoo say a trained Eurasian eagle owl that got spooked and flew off into a nearby park has been spotted and captured.
TACOMA, Washington - High winds damaged or uprooted at least 14 trees Thursday night in Point Defiance Park in Tacoma.
SEATTLE - Seattle police say two K-9 crime-busting siblings tracked down suspects in two different cases within hours of each other.
RICHLAND, Washington - The U.S. Department of Energy has filed an appeal with the state over the state's order that it begin emptying Hanford's oldest double-walled nuclear waste tank.
SPOKANE, Washington - The state of Washington and the U.S. Department of Energy on Friday each rejected the other's proposal to amend a federal court agreement governing cleanup of the Hanford Nuclear Reservation, the nation's most polluted nuclear weapons production site.
OLYMPIA, Washington - A proposed time sale near the site of last month's deadly mudslide has been deferred.
EVERETT, Washington - Washington state on Friday agreed to pay $9 million to six siblings, after the oldest two were tortured and abused by their stepfather, a previously convicted child rapist.
OSO, Washington - The floodwaters that covered the dead have been drained. Whirring excavators scoop shattered timber and deep muck. Outside each cab, a sentry studies the overturned debris for any sign of the last missing victims.
SEATTLE - Clam diggers on the Washington coast this weekend should be alert for big waves.
WENATCHEE, Washington - A Wenatchee High School teacher who was fired after a student drowned in the school pool will return to work next term.
SEATTLE - A Seattle-based guiding service says five Nepalese guides on its climbing team are among those who died in an avalanche on Mount Everest.
SPOKANE, Washington - Gonzaga has signed 6-foot-10 forward Domantas Sabonis, the 17-year-old son of former NBA center Arvydas Sabonis.
MOXEE, Washington - A new work of art in Moxee combines hops, the Yakima River and American Indian heritage to honor the town's history.
PE ELL, Washington - The newly hired Pe Ell town marshal who was accused of drunken driving in the patrol car has resigned.