- Snowmobiling a family affair for regional club Updated: Feb-07-16 2:05 am
MOUNT VERNON, Washington - The sounds and smells in the hills north of Baker Lake rivaled those of an auto racetrack as snowmobilers prepared to take off along Forest Service Road 13.
- Seattle beats UMKC 65-55 behind Powell's 17 Updated: Feb-07-16 12:44 am
SEATTLE - William Powell scored 17 points, grabbed 12 rebounds and made six assists as Seattle beat the University of Missouri-Kansas City 65-55 on Saturday night to win its fifth straight.
- Corrections secretary resigns amid early release controversy Updated: Feb-06-16 10:52 pm
SEATTLE - Washington state Corrections Secretary Dan Pacholke resigned on Saturday amid a controversy over the early release of prisoners, telling a Republican senator he hoped his departure would satisfy the "need for blood."
- Sun Devils coast past Washington State, 67-55 Updated: Feb-06-16 8:47 pm
PULLMAN, Washington - Tra Holder scored 16 points to lead Arizona State past Washington State 67-55 on Saturday afternoon.
- Anderson leads No. 23 Arizona past Washington 77-72 Updated: Feb-06-16 8:17 pm
SEATTLE - Before Ryan Anderson could escape back into Arizona's locker room, Lorenzo Romar made sure to get his attention.
- Idaho grand jury indicts Washington state man on drug charge Updated: Feb-06-16 5:18 pm
JEROME, Idaho - A Washington state man who was arrested in Idaho on drug trafficking charges last year has been indicted on a federal drug charge.
- Mentally ill man who killed wife won't get her pension Updated: Feb-06-16 1:35 pm
OLYMPIA, Washington - A man who was found not guilty of his wife's death by reason of mental insanity will not get her pension under a judge's ruling.
- Restaurant owner charged with hiding sales, avoiding taxes Updated: Feb-06-16 1:14 pm
SEATTLE - A Bellevue restaurant owner is charged on suspicion of hiding sales and avoiding taxes amounting to about $395,000.
- 3 Washington men arrested in Oregon fatal shooting Updated: Feb-06-16 12:33 pm
KELSO, Washington - Police say three King County, Washington, men suspected in a fatal shooting are in custody following a high-speed police chase from Oregon into Washington.
- Washington bill seeks partial automatic voter registration Updated: Feb-06-16 11:41 am
OLYMPIA, Washington - Months after Washington state saw record low voter turnout, several lawmakers and Secretary of State Kim Wyman say they want to help increase engagement with automatic voter registration for some.
- Pierce County dad gets 70 years for infant's beating death Updated: Feb-06-16 11:19 am
TACOMA, Washington - A Pierce County man has been sentenced to 70 years in prison for beating his 2-month-old daughter to death in their DuPont home.
- Port Gamble S'Klallam Tribal member sentenced for sex crimes Updated: Feb-06-16 10:05 am
TACOMA, Washington - Justice Department officials say an enrolled member of the Port Gamble S'Klallam Tribe has been sentenced to life imprisonment for aggravated sexual abuse of a minor.
- Skagit County fire district victim of $75,500 fraud Updated: Feb-06-16 8:01 am
LAKE CAVANAUGH, Washington - A Skagit County fire district says it was scammed out of $75,500 that it had been planning to use to buy a new fire truck.
- Vancouver doctor is Olympics bound Updated: Feb-06-16 2:06 am
VANCOUVER, Washington - Several years ago, Dr. Kevin deWeber decided to dream big. And in the world of sports medicine, nothing is bigger than the Olympics.
- Modern theft of vintage gun revives 1927 Sultan murder tale Updated: Feb-06-16 2:05 am
SULTAN, Washington - It was dark when the lone figure heaved a large rock through the glass front door of Sultan's Visitor Information Center.
- Bigfork husband donates kidney to wife Updated: Feb-06-16 2:05 am
KALISPELL, Montana - Tyson Niewoehner simply smiles when asked how he and his wife, Shelley, will celebrate Valentine's Day this year.
- Washington Senate votes to oust transportation secretary Updated: Feb-06-16 1:20 am
OLYMPIA, Washington - The state Senate on Friday rejected the gubernatorial appointment of Transportation Secretary Lynn Peterson, ousting her from the job she has held since shortly after Gov. Jay Inslee took office in 2013.
- Alleyne ties Oregon record in 73-48 win over WSU women Updated: Feb-06-16 12:56 am
PULLMAN, Washington - Jillian Alleyne had 25 points on 10-of-13 shooting and 14 rebounds to tie the school record with her 88th career double-double and Oregon used a dominating start to defeat Washington State 73-48 on Friday night.
- Weisner leads No. 9 Oregon St over No. 24 Washington 61-53 Updated: Feb-06-16 12:39 am
SEATTLE - Scott Rueck and Oregon State jumped and screamed six years ago on the Washington court like they had just won a title. In reality, it was just Rueck's first conference win, deep into an abysmal initial season at the helm of the Beavers.
- 1 man fatally shot, 3 suspects caught after police chase Updated: Feb-05-16 7:42 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - Authorities say three suspects in a fatal shooting have been arrested after a police chase from Oregon into Washington.
- Body of woman found in Kennewick canyon identified Updated: Feb-05-16 5:46 pm
KENNEWICK, Washington - Authorities have identified a 32-year-old woman found dead in a Kennewick canyon.
- Fed court issues $385K judgment against blueberry growers Updated: Feb-05-16 3:27 pm
SPOKANE, Washington - Some blueberry growers in Walla Walla County have admitted in federal court that they systematically violated the rights of their agricultural workers over a period of three years.
- Man shot on Seattle bus previously settled with city Updated: Feb-05-16 12:11 pm
SEATTLE - A man who was shot in the face on a King County Metro bus in south Seattle had previously been paid $42,000 by the city after he was kicked by a police officer.
- Patrol: 2 killed in crashes involving up to 10 vehicles Updated: Feb-05-16 11:03 am
SNOQUALMIE PASS, Washington - The Washington State Patrol says two people have been killed in separate crashes involving up to 10 vehicles on Interstate 90 near Snoqualmie Pass.
- JBLM team returns from somber mission in Delaware Updated: Feb-05-16 8:02 am
TACOMA, Washington - Airmen from Washington's Joint Base Lewis-McChord have regularly traveled to Delaware to help handle the bodies of slain military service members, but that task may be coming to an end.