- 4 charged with murder in death of Portland man last summer Updated: Apr-28-16 3:56 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - Detectives investigating the death of a Portland man have arrested four people with ties to a motorcycle gang on murder charges and accused two others of hindering prosecution, police said Thursday.
- Sea lion that made strange, 50-mile trek to ranch found dead Updated: Apr-28-16 3:14 pm
OLYMPIA, Washington - Washington state biologists are trying to determine what killed a sea lion that was captured and released after it was strangely found in the driveway of a cattle ranch about 50 miles from the ocean.
- Tests show 6 more Tacoma schools with lead in water Updated: Apr-28-16 3:05 pm
SEATTLE - Tacoma school officials says a review of previous water quality tests has found six more public elementary schools with unsafe amounts of lead in scattered sources of drinking water.
- Goodell holds Q&A, with head injuries front and center Updated: Apr-28-16 2:55 pm
CHICAGO - The floor belonged to Philip Feliciano, and NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell waited patiently for his question.
- Richland rejects plans for Pike Place-inspired market Updated: Apr-28-16 2:16 pm
RICHLAND, Washington - Richland officials have rejected a plan to add a public market similar to Seattle's Pike Place to its development plans.
- Bird strike leaves large dent on jetliner's nose Updated: Apr-28-16 2:02 pm
SEATTLE - Officials say a Dallas-bound American Airlines flight returned to the Seattle-Tacoma International Airport shortly after takeoff after a bird strike left a large dent on the jetliner's nose.
- Thurston County considers 2 bids for psychiatric hospital Updated: Apr-28-16 12:35 pm
OLYMPIA, Washington - Two health care systems have submitted separate plans to open psychiatric hospitals in Thurston County.
- Tacoma Police: Motorcyclist killed, driver of SUV flees Updated: Apr-28-16 10:43 am
TACOMA, Washington - Tacoma police are investigating a fatal hit-and-run collision that killed a motorcyclist.
- Cano continues hot hitting in Mariners 7-4 loss to Astros Updated: Apr-28-16 3:31 am
SEATTLE - Last season's slow start is just a distant memory for Seattle's Robinson Cano.
- Altuve paces Astros past Mariners, 7-4 Updated: Apr-28-16 2:59 am
SEATTLE - Jose Altuve is convinced the struggling Houston Astros are about to get as hot as he is.
- Woman sent to prison in Yakima County shooting death Updated: Apr-28-16 2:52 am
YAKIMA, Washington - A Yakima woman charged with murder in the death of a woman whose body was found along an East Selah roadway has been sentenced to 30 years in prison.
- WHL Roundup: Herringer gives Kelowna a chance, but Seattle still takes series Updated: Apr-28-16 2:10 am
KENT, Washington - Michael Herringer could only keep Kelowna's season going for so long.
- Lawyer accused of bringing drugs, having sex with inmates Updated: Apr-27-16 10:52 pm
TACOMA, Washington - A Tacoma lawyer has been accused of having sex with an inmate and bringing drugs for others while visiting Pierce County Jail.
- Latest on storms: 3 tornados in Illinois; no major damage Updated: Apr-27-16 10:34 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - The Latest on severe weather in the central and eastern U.S. (all times local):
- Seattle compost rule thrown out by judge as unconstitutional Updated: Apr-27-16 10:31 pm
SEATTLE - An effort in Seattle to stop residents from tossing food scraps and other compost into the trash was ruled unconstitutional on Wednesday by a judge who said trash collectors poking through people's garbage violates privacy rights.
- Secretary of state, her staff, to skip Tennessee meeting Updated: Apr-27-16 9:28 pm
OLYMPIA, Washington - The Washington secretary of state says no one from her office will attend a national conference in Tennessee in part because of a bill signed by the governor there allowing counselors to refuse to treat patients based the therapist's religious or personal beliefs.
- Nintendo plans sale of Mariners' majority stake Updated: Apr-27-16 9:04 pm
SEATTLE - Nintendo of America plans to sell its controlling stake in the Seattle Mariners to a group of minority owners led by John Stanton, who would become the team's chairman and chief executive officer.
- Plane hit by bird returns to Seattle; was headed to Dallas Updated: Apr-27-16 7:54 pm
SEATTLE - Officials say an American Airlines flight headed to Dallas returned to the Seattle Tacoma International Airport after striking a bird during takeoff.
- High court to review Grays Harbor oil terminal case Updated: Apr-27-16 7:10 pm
OLYLMPIA, Washington - The Washington state Supreme Court has agreed to hear a challenge by a tribe and others over oil terminal projects proposed at the Port of Grays Harbor.
- Washington State Patrol dog dies after sudden illness Updated: Apr-27-16 7:02 pm
OLYMPIA, Washington - The Washington State Patrol says that once of its police dogs has died after undergoing emergency surgery.
- Man pleads not guilty to Seattle-area dismemberment killing Updated: Apr-27-16 7:02 pm
SEATTLE - A man accused of killing and dismembering a woman in her suburban home then dumping her remains in a Seattle recycling bin pleaded not guilty Wednesday to murder and theft charges.
- Corps determines Kennewick Man is Native American Updated: Apr-27-16 6:36 pm
SPOKANE, Washington - The ancient skeleton known as Kennewick Man is related to modern Native American tribes, the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers said Wednesday, opening the process for returning to tribes for burial one of the oldest and most complete set of bones ever found in North America.
- Former teacher sentenced for arranging sex through Facebook Updated: Apr-27-16 6:36 pm
KELSO, Washington - A former teacher in Kelso has been sentenced to nine months in jail for communicating with a minor for immoral purposes.
- Hanford officials try to learn if 2nd tanks is leaking Updated: Apr-27-16 2:28 pm
SPOKANE, Washington - A second giant tank containing radioactive waste from the production of plutonium for nuclear weapons may be leaking on the sprawling Hanford Nuclear Reservation in Washington state.
- The Latest: Man pleads not guilty in dismemberment slaying Updated: Apr-27-16 1:02 pm
SEATTLE - The Latest on the court appearance of a man accused of dismembering a woman and dumping her body parts in Seattle recycling bins (all times local):