- Seattle will get a break from the heat Updated: Aug-03-15 10:38 pm
SEATTLE - Part of Washington state will get a break from the heat this week after a record number of 90-plus-degree days.
- Mitsubishi Aircraft to partner with Seattle company Updated: Aug-03-15 10:32 pm
SEATTLE - Mitsubishi Aircraft is expanding its aviation footprint in Washington state.
- Firefighters douse fire at Kent-Meridian High School Updated: Aug-03-15 10:19 pm
KENT, Washington - Firefighters have extinguished a fire that broke out at a high school art building.
- Wash. governor praises Obama's plan to cut emissions Updated: Aug-03-15 8:46 pm
SEATTLE - Governor Jay Inslee has praised President Barack Obama's plan to limit greenhouses gas emissions from U.S. power plants.
- Team rescues injured hiker on Olympic Peninsula Updated: Aug-03-15 7:33 pm
PORT ANGELES, Washington - The Clallam County Sheriff's Office says search teams rescued an injured hiker who fell about 100 feet over the weekend.
- Many Pierce County cases reversed because of prosecutors Updated: Aug-03-15 7:10 pm
SEATTLE - Jurors sat in Pierce County Superior Court for a month, viewing grisly photos and listening to emotional testimony about the ambush that left four Lakewood police officers dead in 2009.
- Graham fitting in just fine early in Seahawks camp Updated: Aug-03-15 6:34 pm
RENTON, Washington - Jimmy Graham reached over the top of the shorter safety, hauled in the touchdown pass from Russell Wilson and immediately turned and spiked the football.
- Spokane sues Monsanto over Spokane River contamination Updated: Aug-03-15 6:23 pm
SPOKANE, Washington - The city of Spokane is suing the international agrochemical giant Monsanto, which it blames for pollution in the Spokane River.
- Correction: Washington Wildfires story Updated: Aug-03-15 4:23 pm
LUCERNE, Washington - In a story Aug. 2 about wildfires in Washington state, The Associated Press reported erroneously the day the Wolverine Fire in central Washington began. It was June 29, not July 29.
- With danger high, forest rangers turn to campfire patrols Updated: Aug-03-15 4:10 pm
NACHES, Washington - On a recent evening, Heather Appelhof climbed into a pickup and headed out on a mission mixing education and enforcement.
- Washington state man dies in Montana canoeing accident Updated: Aug-03-15 3:04 pm
MISSOULA, Montana - A 46-year-old Washington state man has died after a weekend canoeing accident on the Clark Fork River in western Montana.
- Airport boardings up at Tri-Cities Updated: Aug-03-15 2:46 pm
PASCO, Washington - Tri-Cities Airport in Pasco could break its record for boardings this year.
- Army to test whether rocket units can train at JBLM Updated: Aug-03-15 2:28 pm
TACOMA, Washington - The Army wants to stage a test next winter to determine whether soldiers can fire rockets at a Joint Base Lewis-McChord training area without overly disturbing South Sound residents.
- Bar disciplines prosecutor in overturned murder case Updated: Aug-03-15 1:36 pm
SEATTLE - Only two prosecutors in Washington state have been disciplined by the Washington State Bar Association in the past five years - including one who made "racist" comments to a jury that resulted in a murder conviction being overturned by the state Supreme Court, while 366 civil and defense lawyers faced punishment.
- Despite misconduct, prosecutors rarely face discipline Updated: Aug-03-15 1:32 pm
SEATTLE - A prosecutor in Clallam County who wrongfully suppressed evidence violated a death-row inmate's rights, forcing a new trial that ultimately cost taxpayers $1 million.
- Sheriff's office: Man kills girlfriend, self near Puyallup Updated: Aug-03-15 11:32 am
PUYALLUP, Washington - The Pierce County Sheriff's Office says a 31-year-old man shot and killed his 34-year-old girlfriend and then himself inside her home near Puyallup.
- 2 killed in shooting in Toppenish Updated: Aug-03-15 11:11 am
TOPPENISH, Washington - Authorities say two people were killed when someone fired several gunshots into a family gathering in Toppenish.
- Man drowns in Lake Washington as Seafair ends Updated: Aug-03-15 10:58 am
SEATTLE - Fire officials say a 32-year-old man drowned in Lake Washington just as Seafair was ending Sunday evening.
- Seattle plans crackdown on indoor smoking lounges Updated: Aug-03-15 10:49 am
SEATTLE - Seattle Mayor Ed Murray says the city is planning a crackdown on illegal indoor smoking lounges after complaints of crime and violence.
- Southeastern Washington town harvests sick neighbor's fields Updated: Aug-03-15 6:14 am
LAMONT, Washington - Members of the small southeastern Washington community of Lamont have banded together to help a neighbor manage his fields.
- Dog jumping competitions added to Northwest Washington Fair Updated: Aug-03-15 6:13 am
LYNDEN, Washington - Events for Fido have been added to the schedule of the Northwest Washington Fair in Lynden.
- Contending teams can never have too many relievers Updated: Aug-03-15 3:18 am
The Kansas City Royals made it look all so easy in 2014. With their bullpen trio of Kelvin Herrera, Wade Davis and Greg Holland, the Royals were almost unbeatable when they had the lead in the seventh inning or later.
- Berry picker missing since Thursday found in good condition Updated: Aug-02-15 6:56 pm
TROUT LAKE, Washington - Search and rescue teams have found the 87-year-old Oregon woman who went missing Thursday while picking huckleberries near Trout Lake in southwest Washington.
- State senators question deal limiting shoreline development Updated: Aug-02-15 6:29 pm
SEATTLE - Two Washington state senators have asking the state auditor to investigate a Hood Canal land deal with the Navy that did not meet a previous appraised value.
- Vancouver Police: Woman's body found in Columbia River Updated: Aug-02-15 6:16 pm
VANCOUVER, Washington - Vancouver Police say a woman's body was found in the Columbia River on Sunday morning.