- University in Bellingham too white, says president Updated: Apr-17-14 8:43 am
- Spokane taking over waste-to-energy plant Updated: Apr-17-14 8:37 am
- Man's body found in canal near Benton City Updated: Apr-17-14 8:34 am
- 2nd drive-through robbery this week in Spokane Updated: Apr-17-14 8:11 am
- Wash. man spots his stolen truck, gives chase Updated: Apr-17-14 4:06 am
- Rescue dogs, handlers heading home from Wash. Updated: Apr-17-14 2:22 am
- Woman gets 10 years for trying to shoot husband Updated: Apr-17-14 2:02 am
- Mariners falter in 9th, lose 3-2 in Texas Updated: Apr-17-14 12:41 am
- Rangers rally for 2 in 9th to beat Mariners 3-2 Updated: Apr-17-14 12:23 am
- Wash. man charged with murder in aunt's death Updated: Apr-17-14 12:02 am
- School district told to pay $1.3M in stabbing case Updated: Apr-16-14 11:02 pm
- Death toll in Washington mudslide hits 39 Updated: Apr-16-14 9:58 pm
- Sidney Rice agrees to terms with Seahawks Updated: Apr-16-14 9:13 pm
- M's Morrison, Beavan go on 15-day disabled list Updated: Apr-16-14 7:28 pm
- Olympia port board continues small-city program Updated: Apr-16-14 5:52 pm
- Unemployment rate steady; state adds 6,700 jobs Updated: Apr-16-14 2:14 pm
- Steven Powell wants state to pay for treatment Updated: Apr-16-14 2:09 pm
- Highway 520 bridge toll going up 2.5 percent Updated: Apr-16-14 1:29 pm
- Razor Clam Festival weekend at Long Beach Updated: Apr-16-14 12:56 pm
- Fake abduction in park outrages many in Sequim Updated: Apr-16-14 12:37 pm
- Pimping suspect leads Beaverton police on chase Updated: Apr-16-14 10:13 am
- Service dog exemption to Yakima pit bull ban Updated: Apr-16-14 8:29 am
- Parks levy would build field house in Spokane Updated: Apr-16-14 8:25 am
- Armed home invasion in north Seattle Updated: Apr-16-14 7:46 am
- Burien Transit Center fight; 2 taken to hospital Updated: Apr-16-14 2:01 am
BELLINGHAM, Washington - Western Washington University President Bruce Shepard says he's being deliberately provocative when he says the university in Bellingham will have failed if it's as white in the decades ahead as it is today.
SPOKANE, Washington - Spokane is taking over operation of the city incinerator that burns waste to generate electricity.
BENTON CITY, Washington - The Benton County sheriff's office suspects a man had been drinking and accidentally fell into an irrigation canal near Benton City.
SPOKANE, Washington - For the second time this week an armed man has robbed a Spokane fast-food restaurant through the drive-up window.
MOSES LAKE, Washington - The Grant County, Washington, sheriff says a man who spotted his own stolen truck and started following it helped officers recover two stolen vehicles and make two arrests.
CHANTILLY, Virginia - Three Fairfax County rescue dogs and their handlers are heading home after two weeks searching for victims of a deadly mudslide in Washington state.
VANCOUVER, Washington - Prosecutors say a Vancouver, Washington, woman who fetched a pistol and pointed it at her then-husband's head after they disagreed during a divorce discussion has been sentenced to more than 10 years in prison.
ARLINGTON, Texas - The ace pitchers were out of the game, and the Seattle Mariners had the lead with two outs in the ninth inning.
ARLINGTON, Texas - Texas center fielder Leonys Martin wound up being the star of a battle of top pitchers.
SEATTLE - A suburban Bellevue man accused of killing the 72-year-old aunt he lived with has been charged with second-degree murder.
SEATTLE - Jurors have told the Snohomish, Washington, School District to pay $1.3 million for failing to protect two high school girls stabbed in October 2011 by a mentally disturbed classmate.
EVERETT, Washington - The death toll from the massive mudslide that hit the Washington town of Oso last month has risen to 39, officials said Wednesday.
RENTON, Washington - The Seattle Seahawks and wide receiver Sidney Rice have agreed to terms on a deal.
ARLINGTON, Texas - The Seattle Mariners placed outfielder Logan Morrison and right-handed starter Blake Beavan on the 15-day disabled list Wednesday, and recalled second baseman Nick Franklin and James Jones from Triple-A Tacoma.
OLYMPIA, Washington - A division of the Port of Olympia has reversed course and voted to leave in place a program that provides economic assistance to area communities, at least through the end of the year.
OLYMPIA, Washington - The state added an estimated 6,700 jobs in March and the unemployment rate is holding steady at 6.3 percent, according to a report released Wednesday by the state Employment Security Department.
TACOMA, Washington - Steven Powell wants the state of Washington to pay for court-ordered sex offender treatment he says was denied while serving time in prison for voyeurism.
OLYMPIA, Washington - The state Transportation Commission has approved a 2.5 percent increase in the tolls on the Highway 520 floating bridge.
LONG BEACH, Washington - Sometimes, size really does matter.
SEQUIM, Washington - Police are investigating possible charges against people who staged a fake kidnapping in a park, terrifying parents and children who thought it was real.
BEAVERTON, Oregon - A Vancouver man and his wife are accused of promoting prostitution, and the man faces additional charges for a police chase Tuesday that caused several crashes in Beaverton.
YAKIMA, Washington - The Yakima City Council has approved an exemption to a ban on pit bull dogs in the city. They'll be allowed as service animals.
SPOKANE, Washington - Spokane County voters may be asked next spring to approve a $45 million parks levy.
SEATTLE - Police are looking for two men who forced their way into a north Seattle home late Tuesday night, fought with an 84-year-old homeowner and fled with a woman's purse.
BURIEN, Washington - Officers say two people have been hospitalized after a fight Tuesday night at the transit center in the south Seattle suburb of Burien.