- Stubborn fire in old Burien building Updated: Dec-10-13 11:52 am
- Sentencing for hate crime on Sikh cabbie in Auburn Updated: Dec-10-13 11:40 am
- Gaffney's grit again epitomizes Stanford football Updated: Dec-10-13 10:46 am
- Aberdeen hit-and-run victim struck by van Updated: Dec-10-13 8:43 am
- Yakima woman killed by carbon monoxide Updated: Dec-10-13 8:41 am
- Spokane parking violators to get the 'boot' Updated: Dec-10-13 8:35 am
- No significant snow forecast for W. Washington Updated: Dec-10-13 8:14 am
- Seattle tunnel-boring machine stuck Updated: Dec-10-13 12:59 am
- Man shot in Ryderwood, Wash., roommate arrested Updated: Dec-09-13 11:25 pm
- Seahawks left waiting for division title Updated: Dec-09-13 9:56 pm
- Zduriencik defends handling of Mariners staff Updated: Dec-09-13 8:38 pm
- WA schools have new kind of data about students Updated: Dec-09-13 8:34 pm
- Runaway truck hits 5 cars in Seattle; minor injury Updated: Dec-09-13 8:22 pm
- Seattle declines option on GK Gspurning Updated: Dec-09-13 6:20 pm
- Petersen says it was time to challenge himself Updated: Dec-09-13 6:10 pm
- Woman, 88, froze to death outside retirement home Updated: Dec-09-13 5:20 pm
- Editorial: Budget negotiators play small ball Updated: Dec-09-13 4:46 pm
- Bremerton woman recycles cooking oil into soap Updated: Dec-09-13 4:19 pm
- Kennewick ice cream truck driver sentenced Updated: Dec-09-13 4:17 pm
- Teen who died on flight was traveling with family Updated: Dec-09-13 3:57 pm
- BPA's Vancouver test lab recreates lightning Updated: Dec-09-13 3:46 pm
- WA health exchange down again with new glitches Updated: Dec-09-13 3:08 pm
- N. Idaho woman recounts horrors of kidnapping Updated: Dec-09-13 1:43 pm
- Low minimum wage is a not just a U.S. problem Updated: Dec-09-13 12:52 pm
- Dan Thomasson: Banks know how to pass the buck Updated: Dec-09-13 12:49 pm
BURIEN, Washington - A fire burning an old building in Burien has been difficult to put out because it spread into a crawl space near the roof.
SEATTLE - A man who attacked a turban-wearing Sikh cab driver faces years in federal prison when he is sentenced Tuesday in Seattle.
. - At this time last year, Tyler Gaffney was a professional baseball player mulling his sporting future. Now he's the most indispensable piece in Stanford's methodical football machine, as he illustrated once again in the Cardinal's 38-14 stampede over Arizona State in the Pac-12 championship game.
ABERDEEN, Washington - Investigators have determined that the woman killed by a hit-and-run driver near Aberdeen was struck by a Chevrolet van commonly used as a work vehicle. It could be from the 2003 to 2011 model years when the body style was the same.
YAKIMA, Washington - The autopsy on a woman found dead Saturday in a fire at her home in Yakima showed she died of carbon monoxide.
SPOKANE, Washington - Repeat parking violators in Spokane will get the "boot."
SEATTLE - The National Weather Service says temperatures are moderating in Washington Tuesday without the snow that some had feared for the morning commute in the Puget Sound area.
SEATTLE - The giant machine boring a highway tunnel under downtown Seattle is stopped in its tracks and officials are trying to figure out why.
KELSO, Washington - The Cowlitz County sheriff's office says a 69-year-old man was wounded in a shooting early Monday at a house in the southwest Washington community of Ryderwood.
SEATTLE - Seattle Mariners general manager Jack Zduriencik defended his involvement in the daily operation of the ballclub on Monday after pointed remarks by former manager Eric Wedge and other past front-office employees in The Seattle Times.
SEATTLE - Washington school officials and parents on Monday were given a new way to look at their schools - information on how much math and reading students are learning from year to year.
SEATTLE - Police say a box truck that started rolling downhill as its driver was loading it smacked into five parked cars in a Seattle neighborhood.
TUKWILA, Washington - The Seattle Sounders have declined the 2014 contract option on goalkeeper Michael Gspurning, leaving the position as a major question going into next season.
SEATTLE - Chris Petersen needed the right opportunity and right situation before he could finally make the decision to take on a different challenge. A challenge that wasn't about trying to gain respect on a national stage, but about proving he could succeed on a bigger stage.
LONGVIEW, Washington - The Cowlitz County coroner's office says an 88-year-old Longview woman froze to death outside her retirement home last week.
Come Friday, whether or not it is finished with its work, Congress plans to leave town until next year for its holiday recess.
BREMERTON, Washington - Laura Kneib's handmade soaps might smell like rosemary, spearmint or lavender.
KENNEWICK, Washington - A Kennewick ice cream truck driver convicted of exposing himself to a 13-year-old girl was sentenced Monday to eight months in jail.
SPOKANE, Washington - The Spokane Fire Department says a 16-year-old boy who died on a Delta Air Lines flight had a medical condition and was with members of his military family traveling from Seattle to Atlanta.
VANCOUVER, Washington - Jeff Hildreth gave the go-ahead order, then watched as a small red light started blinking. He waited.
SEATTLE - The website for Washington's health insurance exchange was down again Monday with new technical issues after problems last week took the site off line for four days.
RATHDRUM, Idaho - Last Dec. 1, Mitchell Walck kidnapped Susan-Marie Smith and took her into North Dakota and back to Montana in a horrifying 27-hour ordeal.
Last week 3.5 million Bangladeshi garment workers got their minimum pay raised to $67 a month, an 80 percent increase. It was one of the Bangladeshi government's responses to April's collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building that killed 1,100 mostly female garment workers, prompting an international uproar and leading Western retailers to improve working conditions at their supplier factories there.
WASHINGTON-It has always been a Bob Cratchit/Ebenezer Scrooge sort of business..."empty as a banker's heart" and so forth.