- Wheelchair bound Natchez man dies in house fire Updated: Aug-28-15 6:23 am
NATCHEZ, Mississippi - A wheelchair bound Natchez man died in a house fire.
- Hillyer named Natchez Democrat news editor Updated: Aug-21-15 8:04 pm
NATCHEZ, Mississippi - Ben Hillyer has been named news editor of The Natchez Democrat, natchezdemocrat.com and affiliate publications.
- New editor named at The Vicksburg Post Updated: Aug-20-15 12:04 pm
VICKSBURG, Mississippi - Jan Griffey has been named editor of The Vicksburg Post and affiliated publications.
- Natchez school district's improper firing lawsuit delayed Updated: Aug-20-15 8:30 am
NATCHEZ, Mississippi - A former school principal's civil lawsuit challenging her alleged dismissal by the Natchez-Adams County School District has been moved to Sept. 14.
- Accidentally unearthed bones discovered at Natchez cemetery Updated: Aug-19-15 4:17 am
NATCHEZ, Mississippi - A Natchez City Cemetery official says human remains have been accidentally dug up from the cemetery.
- Isle of Capri casino seeks to reduce boat value Updated: Aug-18-15 10:28 am
NATCHEZ, Mississippi - Representatives from the Isle of Capri casino have asked the Adams County Board of Supervisors for a reduction of approximately $4.3 million in the assessed value of the casino's dockside boat.
- Campaign signs in Adams County fall victim to vandals Updated: Aug-17-15 12:01 pm
NATCHEZ, Mississippi - Campaign signs for the two men running for Adams County sheriff are being vandalized.
- 4 Tensas Parish inmates captured after escape Updated: Aug-11-15 8:01 pm
WATERPROOF, Louisiana - Four inmates who escaped the Tensas Parish Detention Center are back in custody.
- Isle of Capri Casinos announces closure of Natchez casino Updated: Aug-11-15 1:44 pm
NATCHEZ, Mississippi - Isle of Capri Casinos will close its casino in Natchez, one of the oldest gambling houses in Mississippi.
- Trial delayed when lawyer asks to quit Updated: Aug-11-15 6:16 am
NATCHEZ, Mississippi - The trial of a teenager accused in the robbery and fatal shooting of a 16-year-old acquaintance has been put on hold after the court granted his attorney permission to walk away from the case.
- Adams County port to receive $552,000 grant Updated: Aug-10-15 8:22 am
NATCHEZ, Mississippi - The Natchez-Adams County Port will use a new $552,000 state grant to replace the northern wing of the port warehouse roof.
- Board OKs virtual learning for Natchez-Adams School District Updated: Aug-09-15 2:55 pm
NATCHEZ, Mississippi - Soon, some students in the NatchezAdams School District will be learning via live stream.
- Natchez officials: Audit nearly ready for submission Updated: Aug-09-15 2:35 pm
NATCHEZ, Mississippi - After many long days and some weekend work, Assistant Natchez City Clerk Wendy McClain says the city audit should be ready for submission probably by Monday.
- Adams County sheriff fails to make runoff Updated: Aug-05-15 6:04 am
NATCHEZ, Mississippi - In a stunning defeat, Adams County Sheriff Chuck Mayfield came in third in a three-candidate Democratic primary race for sheriff.
- Adams County judge expresses interest in work farm Updated: Aug-03-15 6:32 am
NATCHEZ, Mississippi - A judge has expressed his interest in seeing Adams County develop a work farm for those who have been convicted of crimes in local courts.
- Natchez National Historical Park to unveil Rosalie plan Updated: Jul-31-15 4:44 pm
NATCHEZ, Mississippi - The Natchez National Historical Park will unveil Monday it plans for the development of the Fort Rosalie site.