- Naked man rescued after getting stuck on Florida drawbridge Updated: May-22-15 10:04 pm
FORT LAUDERDALE, Florida - Firefighters in Florida have rescued a naked man trapped on a raised drawbridge.
- Naked Florida man rescued after getting stuck on drawbridge Updated: May-22-15 5:03 pm
FORT LAUDERDALE, Florida - A naked man who had been swimming in a South Florida river was rescued after he got stranded atop a raised drawbridge.
- Suspect in Florida gas station robbery dies after arrest Updated: May-22-15 7:34 am
FORT LAUDERDALE, Florida - Authorities say a South Florida man who was arrested on charges of burglary, battery and false imprisonment died while in custody of the Broward Sheriff's Office.
- Florida police fatally shoot man during hostage situation Updated: May-22-15 4:55 am
FORT LAUDERDALE, Florida - Fort Lauderdale Police fatally shot a man after he took a woman hostage while reportedly armed and on the drug "flakka".
- Suspect dies at hospital less than day after arrest Updated: May-21-15 6:37 pm
FORT LAUDERDALE, Florida - South Florida detectives are investigating after a man died in a hospital less than a day after being arrested.
- Sweepstakes scam halted by feds, 4 people face charges Updated: May-21-15 1:53 pm
FORT LAUDERDALE, Florida - An international mail sweepstakes scam has been shut down by federal regulators, and four people who played key roles are facing federal fraud charges.
- Feds offers Florida plan aimed at solving state budget mess Updated: May-21-15 1:34 pm
FORT LAUDERDALE, Florida - The Obama administration offered Thursday to extend Florida's hospital funds for another two years, but only at about half the amount the state received last year - a deal that might help fill a $1 billion state budget hole and resolve a legislative stalemate.
- Florida hospital commission meeting echoes Scott's agenda Updated: May-20-15 6:56 pm
FORT LAUDERDALE, Florida - Gov. Rick Scott's hospital commission held its first meeting Wednesday, overwhelmed by mounds of data but intent on determining whether hospitals that receive tax money are being managed efficiently.
- JetBlue announces Philadelphia to Fort Lauderdale flights Updated: May-20-15 6:58 am
PHILADELPHIA - Snowbirds have another way to head south from Philadelphia International Airport.
- FBI offers $2,500 reward for 'lucky bandit' bank robber Updated: May-18-15 4:47 am
FORT LAUDERDALE, Florida - The FBI is offering a $2,500 reward in the case of a South Florida serial bank robber dubbed the "lucky bandit" because he never wears a disguise.
- Divers removing thousands of tires from failed ocean reef Updated: May-17-15 4:05 pm
FORT LAUDERDALE, Florida - State environmental officials are undertaking a massive two-year project to remove 90,000 tires from the bottom of the ocean floor in Fort Lauderdale.
- Florida man plans paddleboarding trip for cancer foundation Updated: May-15-15 8:38 am
FORT LAUDERDALE, Florida - A Ft. Lauderdale man is planning on making a 400-mile journey along the coast of Costa Rica to raise money for a cancer research foundation based in Hilton Head Island, South Carolina.
- Police seek help identifying human remains Updated: May-14-15 3:04 am
FORT LAUDERDALE, Florida - The Fort Lauderdale Police Department is asking the public for help in identifying human remains found this week in a wooded area in the city.
- Lawsuit filed in Florida police killing of man with air gun Updated: May-11-15 5:01 pm
FORT LAUDERDALE, Florida - A federal lawsuit has been filed over the 2013 fatal shooting by a Broward County sheriff's deputy of a man carrying what turned out to be an air rifle.
- Florida school band director charged in ID theft, fraud Updated: May-11-15 3:28 am
FORT LAUDERDALE, Florida - A South Florida school band director is facing federal charges in what prosecutors say was an identity theft and tax fraud scheme involving some stolen student records.
- Flight makes emergency landing after cabin fills with smoke Updated: May-08-15 7:53 am
FORT LAUDERDALE, Florida - A flight from Fort Lauderdale, Florida, to New York had to make an emergency landing after smoke filled the cabin.
- Woman gets 24 years for fatal crash after drunk tweet Updated: May-04-15 8:04 pm
FORT LAUDERDALE, Florida - A Florida woman who tweeted about being drunk minutes before a fatal wrong-way crash has been sentenced to 24 years in prison.
- Texas, Kansas to back Florida lawsuit against administration Updated: May-04-15 6:17 pm
FORT LAUDERDALE, Florida - Governors in Kansas and Texas said Monday they'll support Florida Gov. Rick Scott's fight against the Obama administration to free billions of federal hospital dollars even if the states don't expand Medicaid.
- Flakka, synthetic drug behind increasingly bizarre crimes Updated: Apr-30-15 4:17 pm
FORT LAUDERDALE, Florida - One man ran naked through a Florida neighborhood, tried to have sex with a tree and told police he was the mythical god Thor. Another ran nude down a busy city street in broad daylight, convinced a pack of German shepherds was pursuing him.
- Pilot reported smoke before Fort Lauderdale crash Updated: Apr-30-15 2:06 pm
FORT LAUDERDALE, Florida - A preliminary report on a fatal Fort Lauderdale plane crash says the pilot told air traffic controllers of smoke in the cockpit before trying to land.
- Report: 3 agencies failed to stop abuse before boy's death Updated: Apr-30-15 12:51 pm
FORT LAUDERDALE, Florida - Florida child welfare officials says investigators failed to see or fix a "pattern of repeat injuries" suffered by a 3-year-old before his badly bruised body was found hidden in a box under a pile of clothes, according to a report released late Wednesday.
- Obama administration hasn't changed course on LIP, Medicaid Updated: Apr-29-15 5:26 pm
FORT LAUDERDALE, Florida - The Obama administration said Wednesday it had not changed its position on Medicaid expansion and hospital funds, despite contrary interpretations from lawmakers.
- Weight Watchers founder Jean Nidetch dies at age 91 Updated: Apr-29-15 11:22 am
PARKLAND, Florida - Jean Nidetch, a New York housewife who tackled her own obesity, then shared her guiding principles with others in meetings that became known as Weight Watchers, the most widely known company of its kind, died Wednesday. She was 91.
- Woman who shot, slit boyfriend's throat won't get new trial Updated: Apr-29-15 3:22 am
FORT LAUDERDALE, Florida - A Florida judge ruled there will be no new trial for a woman convicted of killing her multimillionaire boyfriend despite her claims of self-defense and prosecutorial misconduct.
- Brothers-in-law dead after vehicle plunges into canal Updated: Apr-27-15 3:50 am
FORT LAUDERDALE, Florida - Two men have died after their pickup truck veered off the road and plunged into a Florida canal.