- Woman gets 24 years for fatal crash after drunk tweet Updated: May-04-15 8:04 pm
FORT LAUDERDALE, Florida - A Florida woman who tweeted about being drunk minutes before a fatal wrong-way crash has been sentenced to 24 years in prison.
- Texas, Kansas to back Florida lawsuit against administration Updated: May-04-15 6:17 pm
FORT LAUDERDALE, Florida - Governors in Kansas and Texas said Monday they'll support Florida Gov. Rick Scott's fight against the Obama administration to free billions of federal hospital dollars even if the states don't expand Medicaid.
- Flakka, synthetic drug behind increasingly bizarre crimes Updated: Apr-30-15 4:17 pm
FORT LAUDERDALE, Florida - One man ran naked through a Florida neighborhood, tried to have sex with a tree and told police he was the mythical god Thor. Another ran nude down a busy city street in broad daylight, convinced a pack of German shepherds was pursuing him.
- Pilot reported smoke before Fort Lauderdale crash Updated: Apr-30-15 2:06 pm
FORT LAUDERDALE, Florida - A preliminary report on a fatal Fort Lauderdale plane crash says the pilot told air traffic controllers of smoke in the cockpit before trying to land.
- Report: 3 agencies failed to stop abuse before boy's death Updated: Apr-30-15 12:51 pm
FORT LAUDERDALE, Florida - Florida child welfare officials says investigators failed to see or fix a "pattern of repeat injuries" suffered by a 3-year-old before his badly bruised body was found hidden in a box under a pile of clothes, according to a report released late Wednesday.
- Obama administration hasn't changed course on LIP, Medicaid Updated: Apr-29-15 5:26 pm
FORT LAUDERDALE, Florida - The Obama administration said Wednesday it had not changed its position on Medicaid expansion and hospital funds, despite contrary interpretations from lawmakers.
- Weight Watchers founder Jean Nidetch dies at age 91 Updated: Apr-29-15 11:22 am
PARKLAND, Florida - Jean Nidetch, a New York housewife who tackled her own obesity, then shared her guiding principles with others in meetings that became known as Weight Watchers, the most widely known company of its kind, died Wednesday. She was 91.
- Woman who shot, slit boyfriend's throat won't get new trial Updated: Apr-29-15 3:22 am
FORT LAUDERDALE, Florida - A Florida judge ruled there will be no new trial for a woman convicted of killing her multimillionaire boyfriend despite her claims of self-defense and prosecutorial misconduct.
- Brothers-in-law dead after vehicle plunges into canal Updated: Apr-27-15 3:50 am
FORT LAUDERDALE, Florida - Two men have died after their pickup truck veered off the road and plunged into a Florida canal.
- Thief sneaks ice cream cooler past sleeping store clerk Updated: Apr-24-15 7:46 am
OAKLAND PARK, Florida - Deputies in Florida say a thief worked for 15 minutes to drag a cooler full of Good Humor ice cream past a sleeping clerk at a gas station near Fort Lauderdale.
- AutoNation beats Street 1Q forecasts Updated: Apr-22-15 7:10 am
FORT LAUDERDALE, Florida - AutoNation Inc. (AN) on Wednesday reported first-quarter profit of $111.5 million.
- Lilly Pulitzer's family couldn't beat the rush at Target Updated: Apr-21-15 9:16 am
FORT LAUDERDALE, Florida - Lilly Pulitzer's own family couldn't beat the "Pink Sunday" rush for the brightly colored limited edition collection at Target.
- Family from Suriname identified as plane crash victims Updated: Apr-18-15 10:32 am
FORT LAUDERDALE, Florida - Authorities have identified a family of four from Suriname as the victims of a small plane crash near Fort Lauderdale.
- 8 hurt after SUV hits Fort Lauderdale dry cleaning business Updated: Apr-17-15 10:41 am
FORT LAUDERDALE, Florida - Authorities say eight people are being treated for injuries after a sports utility vehicle slammed into a dry cleaning business in Fort Lauderdale.
- 3 Fort Lauderdale officers appeal firings over racist video Updated: Apr-16-15 3:04 am
FORT LAUDERDALE, Florida - Three Fort Lauderdale police officers fired over their links to a racist video and text messages are appealing their dismissals.
- Spring Break madness cure: Stop the 'beer, vomit and urine' Updated: Apr-15-15 10:09 am
PANAMA CITY BEACH, Florida - Tourism officials who survived Florida's other Spring Break fevers are ready to help Panama City Beach out of the horror show that led to a woman being sexually assaulted on the sand as hundreds of revelers looked on.
- Cases related to cops who shared racist video, texts dropped Updated: Apr-09-15 10:49 pm
FORT LAUDERDALE, Florida - Prosecutors say they're dropping cases connected to four Fort Lauderdale police officers who lost their jobs following an investigation into a racist video and text messages.
- Suit claims AIDS foundation scammed Medicare for $20M Updated: Apr-09-15 1:46 am
FORT LAUDERDALE, Florida - One of the nation's largest suppliers of HIV and AIDS medical care is accused of bilking Medicare and Medicaid in an elaborate $20 million dollar scam that spanned 12 states, according to a lawsuit filed in South Florida federal court.
- Kicker Tynes sues Bucs over toe MRSA infection Updated: Apr-07-15 1:46 pm
FORT LAUDERDALE, Florida - Former NFL kicker Lawrence Tynes has filed a lawsuit against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers over a MRSA infection he contracted in a toe on his kicking foot, prematurely ending his career.
- 5 Things to Know in Florida for April 7 Updated: Apr-06-15 5:16 pm
Your daily look at news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today.
- Florida officer facing charges for homeless man slapping Updated: Apr-06-15 1:50 pm
FORT LAUDERDALE, Florida - A Fort Lauderdale police officer is facing three misdemeanor charges after he was caught on video apparently slapping a homeless man.
- Florida man gets almost 6 years in prison in lottery scam Updated: Apr-06-15 11:47 am
FORT LAUDERDALE, Florida - A South Florida man has been sentenced to nearly six years in federal prison for his role in a Jamaica-based lottery scam that preyed on elderly victims.