- Silver Alerts tested for Alzheimer's patients lost on foot Updated: Apr-30-16 9:33 am
FORT LAUDERDALE, Florida - Three Florida counties will test a new way to alert authorities when Alzheimer's patients walk away from caretakers.
- Pilot says he saw 1 of 2 missing teen fishermen Updated: Apr-29-16 5:29 pm
FORT LAUDERDALE, Florida - A pilot who was part of a massive search to find two missing teen fishermen told investigators he's positive he saw one floating on debris two days after their boat capsized.
- The Latest: Apple will examine teen fisherman's iPhone Updated: Apr-29-16 4:49 pm
FORT LAUDERDALE, Florida - The Latest on developments into the investigation of two missing teen fishermen (all times local):
- Pair of 14-year-olds charged with murder in Fort Lauderdale Updated: Apr-27-16 1:26 am
FORT LAUDERDALE, Florida - Fort Lauderdale police say they have arrested two 14-year-old boys in connection with last week's shooting of a 52-year-old man.
- Bigger Business: Miami, Fort Lauderdale chambers may merge Updated: Apr-26-16 6:37 am
MIAMI - The chambers of commerce in Miami and Fort Lauderdale are considering a merger to add more business clout.
- Undocumented immigrants have prosperous careers Updated: Apr-23-16 3:01 am
FORT LAUDERDALE, Florida - The world of undocumented immigrants includes maids and farmworkers, several families under one roof and people living in the shadows.
- Man nabbed in child-sex sting is every parent's 'nightmare' Updated: Apr-22-16 5:27 pm
FORT LAUDERDALE, Florida - Federal prosecutors say a 50-year-old registered sex offender who showed up at a Florida hotel room with condoms and superhero T-shirts was expecting to have a sexual encounter with three young boys. Waiting for him instead were state and federal agents.
- Hailstorm, discounts pelt AutoNation during 1st quarter Updated: Apr-22-16 3:06 pm
FORT LAUDERDALE, Florida - AutoNation reported a 14 percent decline in first-quarter earnings after a Texas hail storm caused $3.6 million in damages to vehicles and the company was forced to offer steep discounts to get buyers on the car lot.
- Deputies: Man caught using sirens to rush through traffic Updated: Apr-20-16 5:15 am
FORT LAUDERDALE, Florida - A South Florida man has been arrested after deputies say he was pretending to be a police officer.
- Gene Cryer, former editor of Sun Sentinel, dies at age 80 Updated: Apr-16-16 5:19 pm
FORT LAUDERDALE, Florida - Gene Cryer, the former editor of what is now the South Florida Sun Sentinel, has died following complications from a stroke, the newspaper reported Saturday on its website.
- Ex-president of Broward teacher union gets 5 years' prison Updated: Apr-15-16 5:56 pm
FORT LAUDERDALE, Florida - The former president of the Broward Teachers Union has been sentenced to five years in prison for fraud and campaign finance violations.
- Elderly man killed by truck after argument; suspect arrested Updated: Apr-15-16 3:53 am
FORT LAUDERDALE, Florida - Authorities say they've arrested the man who ran over and killed an elderly man during an argument at a South Florida park.
- Trump campaign manager won't face battery charges Updated: Apr-14-16 11:11 pm
WEST PALM BEACH, Florida - Donald Trump's campaign manager won't be prosecuted for battery after briefly grabbing a female reporter's arm at a campaign event, but prosecutors said Thursday the situation might have been avoided with two simple words: I'm sorry.
- Deputies: 82-year-old run over, killed after dispute at park Updated: Apr-14-16 5:01 am
FORT LAUDERDALE, Florida - Authorities are searching for a suspect after deputies say an 82-year-old man was run over and killed following an argument at a park in South Florida.
- Officer fires at suspect, leading to two-car accident Updated: Apr-12-16 1:54 pm
FORT LAUDERDALE, Florida - Authorities say a Fort Lauderdale police officer fired at a suspect who then fled in a car before crashing into another vehicle.
- 7 injured when car hits bus near Fort Lauderdale Updated: Apr-12-16 12:14 pm
DANIA BEACH, Florida - Authorities say seven people were injured when a Broward County transit bus collided with a sedan in Dania Beach.
- Florida Power & Light christens natural gas-fueled plant Updated: Apr-12-16 6:51 am
FORT LAUDERDALE, Florida - Florida Power & Light commissioned a natural gas-fueled power plant at Port Everglades in Fort Lauderdale.
- Sheriff asks judge to dismiss $23M verdict in man's shooting Updated: Apr-11-16 6:35 pm
FORT LAUDERDALE, Florida - Attorneys for a Florida sheriff asked a federal judge on Monday to dismiss a $23 million jury award to a black man who was unarmed when he was shot and paralyzed by a deputy, saying race played a "subtle" role in the award.
- Yanks to extend spring lease through 2046 in $40M renovation Updated: Apr-11-16 5:17 pm
NEW YORK - The Yankees have agreed to extend the lease for their spring training home at Steinbrenner Field through 2046 as part of an agreement that calls for a renovation expected to cost more than $40 million.
- Ferry operators discuss connecting Cuba with Florida ports Updated: Apr-10-16 1:19 pm
TAMPA, Florida - Ferry operators interested in carrying cargo and passengers to Cuba have opened discussions with officials at several Florida ports.
- Street drug flakka ravaged South Florida, then disappeared Updated: Apr-08-16 9:26 am
FORT LAUDERDALE, Florida - A year after it ravaged South Florida, flakka - the synthetic street drug known for causing psychotic outbursts - is virtually gone. The deaths. The hallucinating users. The arrests. All of it.
- Nearly 20 years in prison for $100M tax-refund fraud leader Updated: Apr-07-16 5:15 pm
FORT LAUDERDALE, Florida - A man described by a Florida federal judge as the boss of a $100 million-plus "fraud factory" that used thousands of stolen identities to illegally obtain income tax refunds was sentenced Thursday to nearly 20 years in prison.
- Ally Financial adding 100 jobs in Charlotte Updated: Apr-06-16 8:53 am
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Ally Financial has announced it is acquiring a Florida online broker adding about 100 jobs to its workforce in Charlotte.
- Florida reaches settlement agreement in kids' Medicaid case Updated: Apr-05-16 6:51 pm
FORT LAUDERDALE, Florida - Florida health officials have reached a settlement ending a decades-long class-action lawsuit that alleged the state is violating federal mandates by failing to deliver critical health services to 2 million children on Medicaid.