- US senator on visit to Venezuela amid diplomatic detente Updated: Jun-30-15 5:55 pm
CARACAS, Venezuela - The Republican chairman of the U.S. Senate Foreign Relations Committee is making a surprise visit to Venezuela amid a U.S. effort to reduce tensions with the South American nation.
- Brazilian senators fail to meet with Venezuela opposition Updated: Jun-18-15 10:55 pm
CARACAS, Venezuela - Brazilian senators flew into Venezuela on Thursday to try to meet with jailed opposition leaders, but they barely made it past the airport, leading Brazil's government to complain about hostile acts against its lawmakers.
- Signs of rapprochement as US, Venezuelan officials meet Updated: Jun-16-15 5:47 pm
CARACAS, Venezuela - President Nicolas Maduro says a recent meeting between Venezuelan and U.S. officials has opened an important channel that could lead toward restoration of full diplomatic relations.
- Professors flee, higher education suffers in Venezuela Updated: Jun-11-15 8:44 am
CARACAS, Venezuela - Venezuela has already lost many of its brightest young professionals to better-paying jobs abroad, and now the South American country is also losing the professors who trained them.
- Venezuelans find ways to venture out at night Updated: Jun-09-15 9:37 am
CARACAS, Venezuela - In one of the most dangerous cities in the world, there is strength in numbers.
- Spain ex-premier arrives in Caracas to help jailed leaders Updated: Jun-07-15 9:28 pm
CARACAS, Venezuela - A former Spanish prime minister has arrived in Venezuela, where he intends to help lawyers defending imprisoned opposition leader Leopoldo Lopez and Caracas mayor Antonio Ledezma, who is under house arrest.
- Jailed mayors' hunger strike rallies Venezuelan opposition Updated: Jun-04-15 5:50 pm
CARACAS, Venezuela - A hunger strike by two high-profile imprisoned politicians is generating excitement among members of a Venezuelan opposition that has seemed mostly disengaged since 2014's fiery protests.
- Transplant surgeons save children's lives in Venezuela Updated: Jun-04-15 12:19 am
CARACAS, Venezuela - Clutching a tiny Bible, Gilda Velasquez leans over her son as he falls asleep with the help of a powerful sedative and a catchy cartoon jingle playing on a hand-held TV.