- Soldiers clear barricades in western Venezuela Updated: Mar-11-14 2:43 pm
- Venezuela unrest plays out daily in upscale area Updated: Mar-11-14 8:49 am
- Biden says Venezuela 'concocting' bogus stories Updated: Mar-09-14 9:56 pm
- Protest stymied after Venezuelan diplomatic win Updated: Mar-08-14 7:14 pm
- Venezuelans mourn Chavez but protests don't break Updated: Mar-05-14 10:49 pm
- Venezuela's Chavez everywhere a year after death Updated: Mar-04-14 9:05 pm
- Chavez cult no match for Venezuela's crisis Updated: Mar-02-14 1:55 pm
- US expelling 3 Venezuelan diplomats Updated: Feb-25-14 5:09 pm
- Venezuelan voices on the troubles in their country Updated: Feb-22-14 6:31 pm
- Internet a crucial Venezuela battleground Updated: Feb-21-14 10:11 pm
- Venezuelan violence has roots in obscure incident Updated: Feb-21-14 9:34 pm
- Maduro expels 3 US officials amid protest tensions Updated: Feb-16-14 11:43 pm
- Critics blast Venezuelan classical maestro Dudamel Updated: Feb-14-14 1:52 pm
CARACAS, Venezuela - Venezuela's government has deployed hundreds soldiers in the western city of San Cristobal after student leader was shot and killed and two other youths wounded by gunfire.
CARACAS, Venezuela - A squad of motorcycle-mounted police wheels into an intersection newly seized from student protesters in a barrage of tear gas in eastern Caracas' wealthy Chacao district, an important center of resistance to Venezuela's socialist-led government.
CARACAS, Venezuela - U.S. Vice President Joe Biden calls Venezuela's situation alarming in remarks published Sunday, suggesting its government is using "armed vigilantes" against peaceful protesters and accusing it of "concocting false and outlandish conspiracy theories" about the United States.
CARACAS, Venezuela - In a major show of force, hundreds of National Guardsmen in riot gear and armored vehicles prevented an "empty pots march" from reaching Venezuela's Food Ministry on Saturday to protest now-chronic food shortages.
CARACAS, Venezuela - Thousands of Venezuelans mourned the passing of President Hugo Chavez on the first anniversary of his death Wednesday, while National Guard troops fired tear gas and rubber bullets at anti-government activists who pressed on with street protests despite the commemorations.
CARACAS, Venezuela - It's been a year since former Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez's death, yet it often seems the charismatic leader never left.
CARACAS, Venezuela - A year after Hugo Chavez's death, dozens of mourners still trek daily to his mausoleum atop a hillside slum overlooking downtown Caracas.
WASHINGTON - The United States has expelled three Venezuelan diplomats in response to similar action against three U.S. consular officials in Caracas.
CARACAS, Venezuela - Venezuela is deeply divided between supporters of the government of President Nicolas Maduro and members of the opposition. Here is a sampling of what people on both sides of the political chasm were saying on Saturday:
SAN CRISTOBAL, Venezuela - The battle for Venezuela is being fought as vigorously online as in the streets, with Internet service cut off to a strife-torn university city and the government blocking selected websites and a "walkie-talkie" service widely used by protesters.
SAN CRISTOBAL, Venezuela - Major Venezuelan cities have been roiled by violent protests in recent days but the unrest actually began far from the capital with a little-known incident on a college campus in a city that now seems under siege.
CARACAS, Venezuela - President Nicolas Maduro on Sunday ordered the expulsion of three U.S. Embassy officials after Washington came to the defense of an opposition hard-liner accused by Venezuela's leader of responsibility for bloodshed during anti-government protests.
CARACAS, Venezuela - Classical music wunderkind Gustavo Dudamel is facing the heat in his native Venezuela for not speaking out against embattled President Nicolas Maduro while holding a series of high-profile concerts here this week.