- Never-completed TVA nuclear plant that cost $4B for sale Updated: May-05-16 6:29 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The nation's largest public utility is selling a never-completed nuclear plant that has cost more than $4 billion dollars over the past four decades.
- Janet Santostefano named publisher of Centre Daily Times Updated: May-05-16 10:26 am
STATE COLLEGE, Pennsylvania - The Centre Daily Times has a new publisher.
- TVA council holding webinar on possible Bellefonte sale Updated: Apr-29-16 5:43 am
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - The Tennessee Valley Authority's Regional Energy Resource Council is conducting a webinar open to the public to discuss the potential sale of the Bellefonte Nuclear site near Hollywood, Alabama.
- Penn State dance marathon phasing out fundraising effort Updated: Apr-22-16 1:28 pm
STATE COLLEGE, Pennsylvania - Penn State's annual charity dance marathon is phasing out a fundraising effort after two students died in recent years and the event will focus on alternative ways to raise money.
- Stolen in 1955, famous 'inverted Jenny' stamp resurfaces Updated: Apr-15-16 6:17 pm
NEW YORK - Opening a new chapter in an infamous stamp-world mystery, a valuable "inverted Jenny" stamp has surfaced six decades after it was stolen from a collectors' convention.
- Former Penn State president Bryce Jordan dies at 91 Updated: Apr-13-16 7:57 pm
STATE COLLEGE, Pennsylvania - Former Penn State University president Bryce Jordan, who was credited with a major fundraising campaign and has a campus arena named after him, has died at age 91.
- Penn State survey finds sexual misconduct is common Updated: Apr-13-16 3:23 pm
STATE COLLEGE, Pennsylvania - A survey of sexual misconduct at Penn State's main campus found that more than three-quarters of undergraduate women have experienced offensive or harassing behavior from other students, university officials announced Wednesday.
- Faculty union decides against strike this academic year Updated: Apr-09-16 4:29 pm
STATE COLLEGE, Pennsylvania - The union representing faculty and coaches at Pennsylvania's 14 state-owned universities says members have decided against a walkout before the academic year ends next month.