- TVA abandoning plan for new reactors at idled Alabama plant Updated: Feb-12-16 2:25 pm
HOLLYWOOD, Alabama - The Tennessee Valley Authority said Friday it is giving up on plans to construct new reactors at its unfinished, multibillion-dollar Bellefonte Nuclear Plant in northeast Alabama.
- Ex-president's lawsuits target Penn State, Sandusky report Updated: Feb-11-16 5:55 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Penn State's ex-president has sued the university, saying it reneged on an agreement they struck when he stepped down in 2011, and filed another claiming former FBI director Louis Freeh defamed him through a blisteringly critical report about how the Jerry Sandusky child molestation scandal was handled.
- Penn State awaiting improvement options for Beaver Stadium Updated: Feb-05-16 2:04 pm
STATE COLLEGE, Pennsylvania - A team of architects and engineers have spent the last two months at Penn State helping formulate a plan that will include a renovation or rebuild of Beaver Stadium.
- 'Touching therapy' doc gets prison, labeled sexual predator Updated: Feb-05-16 12:25 pm
BELLEFONTE, Pennsylvania - A central Pennsylvania psychologist who used "touching therapy" on two female sexual trauma patients will spend three to six years in prison.
- Perfect cast: Documentary tells story of famed local angler Updated: Feb-04-16 11:48 am
STATE COLLEGE, Pennsylvania - Lucas and Meigan Bell were excited to talk about their upcoming documentary film, "Live the Stream," which, outside of their marriage, is perhaps the couple's most significant collaboration yet.
- Cremation form shows slain bus driver was shot in face Updated: Feb-03-16 7:23 am
STATE COLLEGE, Pennsylvania - A cremation certificate shows a central Pennsylvania school bus driver found slain in her home was shot in the face.
- Walker-Kimbrough leads Maryland to 89-53 win over Updated: Jan-27-16 10:36 pm
STATE COLLEGE, Pennsylvania - As a high school star in Western Pennsylvania, one distinction always eluded Shatori Walker-Kimbrough.
- Penn State project explores shrubs as renewable energy Updated: Jan-24-16 12:49 pm
STATE COLLEGE, Pennsylvania - Some people look at the scraggly kind of trees that grow on the side of road and think of them as woody weeds.
- Penn State coach in unfamiliar territory with turnover Updated: Jan-23-16 4:09 pm
STATE COLLEGE, Pennsylvania - Sometimes, James Franklin's perpetually sunny outlook masks the reality of his situation.
- Man convicted of 1,068 counts in sex assaults on 2 minors Updated: Jan-22-16 10:17 am
BELLEFONTE, Pennsylvania - A central Pennsylvania man has been convicted of more than 1,000 counts of rape and related charges against two children.
- Penn State seniors put class gift funds toward mental health Updated: Jan-18-16 4:41 pm
STATE COLLEGE, Pennsylvania - Pennsylvania State University's senior class will donate its class gift funds to an endowment to support campus mental health services.
- Penn State: Man in custody after threat to 2 students Updated: Jan-17-16 9:55 pm
STATE COLLEGE, Pennsylvania - Penn State officials say university police have in custody a man who threatened to harm his children who are students, causing a lockdown of a campus residence hall.