- Study: Trace amount of drilling fluid found in water well Updated: May-04-15 6:11 pm
Toxic fluids used in drilling and hydraulic fracturing likely escaped an unlined borehole and migrated thousands of feet into a residential drinking-water supply in Pennsylvania, according to a study published Monday.
- Pa. House approves increasing 911 fee from $1 to $1.65 Updated: May-04-15 5:58 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Pennsylvanians may soon be paying a larger monthly fee on their phone bills with state House passage of a measure designed to help counties fund their 911 emergency communications centers.
- Man charged in death of sister's boyfriend in March Updated: May-04-15 5:46 pm
GREENSBURG, Pennsylvania - Authorities say a man has been charged in the death of his sister's boyfriend, whose body was found at a gas well site in western Pennsylvania.
- Closings set after ex-officer testifies in drug squad case Updated: May-04-15 5:43 pm
PHILADELPHIA - A former Philadelphia police officer took one for the team as he sparred with a federal prosecutor on the final day of testimony in a narcotics squad corruption trial.
- Parents charged after death of 3-month-old in western Pa. Updated: May-04-15 5:02 pm
MCKEES ROCKS, Pennsylvania - Police have filed child endangerment charges against a western Pennsylvania couple following the death of their 3-month-old son.
- Fire in mobile home in southeastern Pennsylvania kills 3 Updated: May-04-15 4:38 pm
COATESVILLE, Pennsylvania - Authorities say three women were found dead after a fire in a mobile home in southeastern Pennsylvania.
- Jury selection begins in trial in pediatrician's slaying Updated: May-04-15 4:28 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Jury selection has begun for the trial of a man charged in the strangulation slaying of a Philadelphia pediatrician in Center City about two years ago.
- Family: Teens still critical 6 weeks after resort poisoning Updated: May-04-15 4:15 pm
Two Delaware teenagers are still in critical condition more than six weeks after they were sickened by a banned pesticide that was sprayed at the Caribbean resort where they were staying, their family said Monday.
- Man pleads guilty to false report during manhunt Updated: May-04-15 3:40 pm
DOYLESTOWN, Pennsylvania - A man has pleaded guilty to making a false report during a manhunt for the suspect in the murders of six people in suburban Philadelphia.
- Highmark urges Pennsylvania to OK $175M for hospital network Updated: May-04-15 3:26 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - The latest clash between two western Pennsylvania health-care providers is in the hands of state insurance regulators.
- Latest in police corruption trial: Defense, prosecution rest Updated: May-04-15 3:21 pm
- Ads from group in Texas shooting coming off Philly buses Updated: May-04-15 1:14 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Provocative ads from a group whose Texas contest for Prophet Muhammad cartoons drew gunfire are being removed from Philadelphia transit buses after a month-long contract expired.
- Family: Teens still critical 6 weeks after resort poisoning Updated: May-04-15 1:07 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Two teenage boys from Delaware are still in critical condition more than six weeks after a banned pesticide was sprayed at the Caribbean resort where they were staying.
- Trial opening in high school athlete's 2013 shooting death Updated: May-04-15 12:17 pm
UNIONTOWN, Pennsylvania - Trial is getting underway in western Pennsylvania in the case of a former Philadelphia resident charged in the shooting death of a standout high school athlete.
- Mom charged with throwing baby into river; he was rescued Updated: May-04-15 9:46 am
ALLENTOWN, Pennsylvania - A Pennsylvania mother accused of throwing her 1-year-old son into a river before jumping from a bridge herself has been charged with attempted homicide.
- Pa.'s Santucci repeats at Pittsburgh Marathon women's champ Updated: May-04-15 8:41 am
PITTSBURGH - Pennsylvania's Clara Santucci repeated as the women's champion and Kenyan Stephen Njoroge won the men's race at Sunday's Pittsburgh Marathon.
- Family of 6 escapes just before freight train slams car Updated: May-04-15 8:17 am
NEW BEAVER, Pennsylvania - Police say a family of six escaped moments before a freight train slammed their car in western Pennsylvania.
- Sinkhole closes Lehigh Parkway South Updated: May-04-15 7:05 am
ALLENTOWN, Pennsylvania - Motorists are being diverted around a sinkhole on Lehigh Parkway South in Allentown.
- Police: Man shot, killed in Philadelphia Updated: May-04-15 6:46 am
PHILADELPHIA - Police are investigating the shooting death of a man in the Kensington section of Philadelphia.
- Archdiocese needs time to study future of 5 churches Updated: May-04-15 6:31 am
PHILADELPHIA - Philadelphia's Roman Catholic archdiocese needs more time to study whether five Lower Northeast churches can remain open.
- Casey to press for safer railcars Updated: May-04-15 6:04 am
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Officials are pressing for safer railcars to reduce the risk of a potential oil train derailment on Pennsylvania's rail freight system.
- Death penalty trial set for man in girlfriend's slaying Updated: May-04-15 3:04 am
WASHINGTON, Pennsylvania - Opening statements were expected Monday in the death penalty trial of a western Pennsylvania man charged in the stabbing death of his estranged girlfriend more than three years ago.
- Father wants to withdraw guilty plea for girl's rotten teeth Updated: May-04-15 1:01 am
EASTON, Pennsylvania - The Pennsylvania father who pleaded guilty after his daughter's teeth were found so rotten her life was endangered now says he didn't neglect his 6-year-old.
- Slain trooper's parents say they forgive suspected ambusher Updated: May-03-15 9:29 pm
TOBYHANNA, Pennsylvania - The parents of a slain Pennsylvania State Police trooper said Sunday they have forgiven his alleged killer and are relying on their deep faith to get them through the loss.
- Small plane takes off without pilot, crashes; no one injured Updated: May-03-15 8:53 pm
ST. MARYS, Pennsylvania - Officials say no one was injured after a small plane took off with a passenger and no pilot then crashed into an unoccupied building at a Pennsylvania municipal airport.