- Police officer shot, killed during call; man arrested Updated: Nov-29-15 4:58 am
NEW FLORENCE, Pennsylvania - A 31-year-old man was arrested early Sunday morning in connection with the shooting death of a veteran Pennsylvania police officer.
- Hendricks, Eberle lift Oilers in shootout over Pens 3-2 Updated: Nov-28-15 11:22 pm
PITTSBURGH - The Edmonton Oilers gained some much-needed momentum on a difficult trip and a rare win in Pittsburgh.
- Young scores 23, Pittsburgh beats Kent State 85-76 Updated: Nov-28-15 7:34 pm
PITTSBURGH - Pittsburgh led Kent State by only a point with five minutes to play in the first half but the Panthers didn't panic on offense. They continued to pass, find open shooters and score.
- Simmonds, Mason spark Flyers' 3-0 win over Rangers Updated: Nov-28-15 4:31 pm
- Philly-area transit police chief's amnesty tweet gets result Updated: Nov-28-15 4:26 pm
PHILADELPHIA - The chief of the Philadelphia area's transit police says a thief took him up on his Twitter offer of amnesty and has returned a stolen phone.
- Cops: Suicidal Pennsylvania man fires at troopers, gives up Updated: Nov-28-15 4:16 pm
JAMES CREEK, Pennsylvania - A central Pennsylvania man was in custody after state police say he fired at troopers and set fire to his trailer before surrendering to officers responding to a report that he was suicidal.
- Chief resigns over slur before new police department opens Updated: Nov-28-15 3:26 pm
FARRELL, Pennsylvania - A Pennsylvania police chief who used a racial slur in a fundraising email unrelated to his police job has stepped down- before his newly minted department even began operating.
- Pennsylvania boy, 12, home after surgery to reattach arm Updated: Nov-28-15 1:44 pm
PITTSBURGH - A western Pennsylvania boy has returned home less than three weeks since doctors reattached his arm after it was severed by a tractor mechanism.
- Man jailed on charges in hammer assault on rest stop worker Updated: Nov-28-15 1:21 pm
FREELAND, Pennsylvania - A man who allegedly attacked an Interstate 80 rest stop worker with a hammer has been jailed on aggravated assault charges.
- Pittsburgh stabbing victim found bleeding, dies at hospital Updated: Nov-28-15 12:48 pm
PITTSBURGH - Pittsburgh police say a woman found stabbed and bleeding outside a closed pizzeria has died.
- 93-year-old WWII paratrooper flies again Updated: Nov-28-15 12:30 pm
MARTINSBURG, Pennsylvania - A small red and white plane sped down a runway on the morning of Nov. 22 at the Altoona-Blair County Airport before ascending into the sky as it likely has many times before.
- 60-year-old man killed when ATV crashes in Pennsylvania pond Updated: Nov-28-15 12:13 pm
ELWOOD CITY, Pennsylvania - A 60-year-old man has died after crashing his all-terrain vehicle into a pond in western Pennsylvania.
- Popular Philadelphia restaurant shut down over city tax debt Updated: Nov-28-15 12:02 pm
PHILADELPHIA - A popular Philadelphia restaurant has closed after 24 years due to a city tax debt.
- Police: 2 deaths in Chambersburg believed to be overdoses Updated: Nov-28-15 11:52 am
CHAMBERSBURG, Pennsylvania - Police say two early-morning deaths in the central Pennsylvania town of Chambersburg appear to be drug overdoses.
- Body found after fire destroys barn in eastern Pennsylvania Updated: Nov-28-15 11:44 am
POTTSTOWN, Pennsylvania - Police were investigating after a man's body was found in an eastern Pennsylvania bar that was destroyed by fire.
- 15-year-old charged in 1 of 2 fatal shootings in Harrisburg Updated: Nov-28-15 11:31 am
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - A 15-year-old boy has been charged as an adult and jailed in one fatal shooting in the state's capital city and police were searching for a suspect in an unrelated fatal shooting.
- 40 homeless after apartment fire in eastern Pennsylvania Updated: Nov-28-15 11:09 am
BETHLEHEM, Pennsylvania - About 40 people have been left homeless by an apartment fire in eastern Pennsylvania.
- Former church buildings in Pittsburgh region find new life Updated: Nov-28-15 10:53 am
PITTSBURGH - High ceilings, tons of light, open spaces - what more could an art gallery, community center, live music venue or photo studio want?
- Journey to sainthood begins with simple step for priest Updated: Nov-28-15 10:53 am
VILLANOVA, Pennsylvania - While Archbishop Charles Chaput was preparing for the Philadelphia visit of Pope Francis two months ago, he took time to give his blessing to a mission that may make a deceased Delaware County man a saint.
- Pennsylvania budget fight's bottom line, as usual - taxes Updated: Nov-28-15 10:52 am
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Pennsylvania is now five months into a budget impasse with taxes the main sticking point - a scenario familiar to anyone who's tried to understand the Byzantine motives that drive elected officials in its capital city.
- Pittsburgh club aids Kenyan mothers-to-be who lack supplies Updated: Nov-28-15 10:52 am
PITTSBURGH - Women who give birth in U.S. hospitals often pack a bag filled with items to ease the pains of delivery - soothing music, a memory book, a pair of comfy slippers.
- Harden scores 50 as Rockets beat winless 76ers 116-114 Updated: Nov-28-15 12:23 am
HOUSTON - With Philadelphia desperately for its first win, James Harden took over for the Houston Rockets.
- Super Bowl of shopping is more like a scrimmage Updated: Nov-27-15 10:14 pm
NEW YORK - The annual ritual of Black Friday, as we know it, is over.
- Gostisbehere's overtime goal lifts Flyers over Predators 3-2 Updated: Nov-27-15 7:58 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Shayne Gostisbehere has had a week to remember.
- Slow start dooms Pitt in 29-24 loss to Miami Updated: Nov-27-15 5:21 pm
PITTSBURGH - Pat Narduzzi spent most of his first season at Pittsburgh convincing the Panthers they weren't beholden to the recent past and that big-time success could be had if they believed.