- No death penalty for Pa. man charged in wife death Updated: Dec-12-13 7:58 pm
- Pa. man charged with pretending to be a paramedic Updated: Dec-12-13 7:22 pm
- Pa. DA: Charges coming in death of NYC student Updated: Dec-12-13 6:17 pm
- Steelers defense again plagued by big plays Updated: Dec-12-13 5:36 pm
- Thornton overcomes long odds to star with Eagles Updated: Dec-12-13 4:49 pm
- AP source: Phillies agree to 1-year deal Updated: Dec-12-13 3:25 pm
- Pa. first responder charged for deadly crash Updated: Dec-12-13 2:37 pm
- Cops: Pa. worker took bribes for driver's licenses Updated: Dec-12-13 2:29 pm
- Ex-police chief in Pa. charged with child porn Updated: Dec-12-13 2:29 pm
- Complete statewide Pa. school grade data released Updated: Dec-12-13 1:26 pm
- Brown's misstep latest in string of near miracles Updated: Dec-12-13 1:25 pm
- DA: How many of 5 DUIs count as 'first' offenses Updated: Dec-12-13 11:39 am
- Philadelphia's hungry on rise, report says Updated: Dec-12-13 10:44 am
- Work starts on Newtown-inspired 'Child's Requiem' Updated: Dec-12-13 10:41 am
- New bishop in Jackson diocese Updated: Dec-12-13 10:05 am
- W. Pa. town keeping Tommy gun meant for Dillinger Updated: Dec-12-13 10:01 am
- Police: Pa. panhandler claimed to be state trooper Updated: Dec-12-13 9:49 am
- Pittsburgh cops see 2 pizza robberies in 1 minute Updated: Dec-12-13 9:43 am
- North-central Pa. officials criticize flood law Updated: Dec-12-13 9:23 am
- Pa. man to trial on charges he shot ex near kids Updated: Dec-12-13 9:16 am
- Cops: Homeless man stabbed Pa. couple who fed him Updated: Dec-12-13 9:05 am
- Pa. House OKs bill to allow $25 bounty on coyotes Updated: Dec-12-13 8:59 am
- Pa. police seek man accused in machete swinging Updated: Dec-12-13 8:55 am
- Pa. hunters could get help from new snow this week Updated: Dec-12-13 8:40 am
- Pittsburgh cops to offer domestic violence surveys Updated: Dec-12-13 8:38 am
SOUDERTON, Pennsylvania - Prosecutors have decided to not seek the death penalty against a southeastern Pennsylvania man facing trial in the stabbing death of his wife.
MIDDLETOWN, Pennsylvania - A central Pennsylvania man is facing criminal charges after police said he impersonated a paramedic and told a man suffering a medical emergency that he didn't need to go to the hospital.
Criminal charges are coming in the death of a New York City college student who was forced to run a gauntlet during a fraternity ritual, a northeastern Pennsylvania prosecutor said Thursday.
PITTSBURGH - The plays keep popping up on video, one after another, no two of them quite alike, save for the result: big chunks of yardage against a defense not used to giving them up so easily.
PHILADELPHIA - While 254 players were selected in the 2011 NFL draft, Cedric Thornton waited for a phone call that never came.
PHILADELPHIA - The Philadelphia Phillies kept their aces and added another starter.
TUNKHANNOCK, Pennsylvania - Authorities have charged a Pennsylvania first responder in a crash that killed a fellow Emergency Medical Technician as they rushed to an accident involving the victim's daughter.
PITTSBURGH - A former state driver's license examiner has been charged with taking bribes from immigrants, mostly from the Asian country of Bhutan, who were given licenses without having to pass driving tests.
BEDMINSTER, Pennsylvania - A former police chief in eastern Pennsylvania is charged with viewing and distributing online child pornography.
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Pennsylvania school officials gave mixed reviews of their grades under a new system that state officials say will help parents, administrators and the public to assess and improve student achievement.
PITTSBURGH - Antonio Brown could not stop hitting rewind. Over and over again the Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver watched himself tightrope down the sideline on the final play against the Miami Dolphins last Sunday.
ALTOONA, Pennsylvania - A central Pennsylvania prosecutor must decide how many of a man's five drunken-driving arrests in the past 14 months count as "first" offenses.
PHILADELPHIA - A national report on hunger and homelessness said the number of people needing emergency food from Philadelphia's pantries rose 7 percent over the last year, and that was before cuts in food stamps took effect last month, The Philadelphia Inquirer reported Thursday.
BETHLEHEM, Pennsylvania - Composer Steven Sametz has written dozens of pieces in his long and prolific career, perhaps none so personal as the one he's about to begin: a requiem for the victims of the schoolhouse massacre in Newtown, Connecticut
JACKSON, Mississippi - The Rev. Joseph Kopacz has been appointed bishop of Diocese of Jackson to succeed Bishop Joseph Latino who reached the age of retirement.
SHARON, Pennsylvania - A western Pennsylvania police department is cleaning out its station - but plans to keep a Tommy gun that, according to local legend, was purchased so the city's cops would have a "level playing field" if Depression-era bank robber John Dillinger ever came to town.
LATROBE, Pennsylvania - Police say a drunken panhandler charged with harassing the customers of a western Pennsylvania business falsely claimed to be a state trooper - but was found out when he claimed to work at a nonexistent barracks.
PITTSBURGH - In a city recently plagued by food delivery robberies, Pittsburgh police are dealing with something new: two pizza-related robberies in the same minute.
WILLIAMSPORT, Pennsylvania - Residents and officials in flood-prone north-central Pennsylvania are warning that a new federal law ending subsidized insurance in certain areas will bankrupt homeowners, drive down property values and deplete tax bases.
DERRY, Pennsylvania - A western Pennsylvania man has ordered to stand trial on charges he entered his ex-girlfriend's home and shot her nine times while she was in bed watching television with her 15-year-old daughter, while three other siblings were at home.
MANOR, Pennsylvania - A homeless man has been jailed on charges that he stabbed the western Pennsylvania couple who took him in with a kitchen knife after an argument about dirty dishes.
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - A bill that would authorize the Pennsylvania Game Commission to set a bounty on coyotes is advancing in the Legislature after winning the approval of the state House of Representatives.
LANCASTER, Pennsylvania - Police in south-central Pennsylvania are searching for a machete-swinging man who allegedly threatened to cut off the head of another man with whom he was arguing.
ERIE, Pennsylvania - Snow that's possible in northern Pennsylvania every day the rest of this week could give hunters a hand in tracking and targeting a deer before Pennsylvania's general firearms season ends.
PITTSBURGH - Pittsburgh police will soon begin asking victims of domestic violence an 11-question survey that seeks to predict the likelihood that the victim could be killed by their partner in the future.