- Rangers win 3-2 in shootout to end Flyers' streak Updated: Feb-06-16 4:19 pm
- No. 9 Virginia pulls away from Pitt 64-50 Updated: Feb-06-16 3:15 pm
PITTSBURGH - Malcolm Brodgon's Virginia teammates still bring up the winning 3-pointer he drilled at Pittsburgh two years ago, the one that game in the middle of a 13-game winning streak that propelled the Cavaliers to the ACC title.
- Smoking materials likely cause of Flight 93 memorial fire Updated: Feb-06-16 3:07 pm
SHANKSVILLE, Pennsylvania - The National Park Service says discarded smoking material is "strongly" suspected as the cause of a 2014 fire that struck the Flight 93 National Memorial in western Pennsylvania.
- Davidson grabs 21 offensive boards in 93-82 win vs Duquesne Updated: Feb-06-16 2:59 pm
PITTSBURGH - Jack Gibbs scored 25 points, Brian Sullivan had five 3-pointers and 22 points and Davidson beat Duquesne 93-82 on Saturday for the Wildcats' fourth straight win in the series.
- 1 of 2 defendants pleads guilty in slaying of teacher Updated: Feb-06-16 12:45 pm
LANCASTER, Pennsylvania - One of two defendants charged in the slaying of an elementary school teacher during a burglary of her central Pennsylvania home has pleaded guilty to first-degree murder and other charges.
- Philadelphia taxi driver shot in arm during robbery attempt Updated: Feb-06-16 11:54 am
PHILADELPHIA - Authorities say a Philadelphia taxi driver has been shot in the arm during an overnight robbery attempt in his cab.
- Defense to seek federal review of ruling in 2004 slaying Updated: Feb-06-16 11:33 am
HOLLIDAYSBURG, Pennsylvania - A defense attorney says he will ask a federal judge to review a state Supreme Court ruling allowing prosecutors to seek the death penalty in the retrial of a man charged in the murder of a woman in central Pennsylvania more than a decade ago.
- Federal judge rejects bid for leniency in child pornography case Updated: Feb-06-16 10:51 am
PITTSBURGH - A federal judge in western Pennsylvania has rejected a former Allegheny College professor's bid for leniency in a child pornography case.
- Coroner rules 3 fire deaths in 2015 blaze accidental Updated: Feb-06-16 10:11 am
ALTOONA, Pennsylvania - A coroner has ruled the deaths of three people in a central Pennsylvania house fire more than a year ago accidental although police say they are still investigating the blaze.
- Former councilman allowed to remain free pending appeal Updated: Feb-06-16 9:36 am
PITTSBURGH - A former western Pennsylvania councilman convicted of improperly using $50,000 from the trust fund of an elderly widow with dementia has been allowed to remain free on bail pending his appeal.
- Wolf to float new budget plan amid fight over current one Updated: Feb-06-16 9:08 am
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Gov. Tom Wolf is scheduled to release his 2016-17 budget proposal for the fiscal year that begins July 1. After an unresolved fight with the Republican-controlled Legislature, the Democrat is the first governor in modern Pennsylvania history to come to this point with substantial portions of the budget for the current fiscal year still in limbo. Wolf has made some revelations about what he will propose Tuesday, and here is a look at what is unfinished and what may be a part of his budget package.
- Casey campaigning in New Hampshire for Hillary Clinton Updated: Feb-06-16 3:01 am
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Pennsylvania Sen. Bob Casey is heading to New Hampshire to campaign for Hillary Clinton ahead of that state's first-in-the-nation primary on Tuesday.
- Court rejects AG Kane's request to reinstate law license Updated: Feb-05-16 6:58 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Pennsylvania Attorney General Kathleen Kane's law license will remain suspended after the state's highest court on Friday denied her request to have it reinstated while she fights criminal charges of leaking secret grand jury material and lying about it.
- SUPER BOWL: Profiles of key players Updated: Feb-05-16 6:46 pm
Projected starters and key players for the Super Bowl at Santa Clara, California:
- Meek Mill gets 3 months house arrest for parole violation Updated: Feb-05-16 5:41 pm
PHILADELPHIA - A Philadelphia judge is giving Robert Williams at least three months to earn back his status as rapper Meek Mill.
- Unabashed gluttony takes center stage at Philly's Wing Bowl Updated: Feb-05-16 5:16 pm
PHILADELPHIA - With those around him sick and stuffed, Dennis Rodman needed to brush up on the rulebook.
- Amusement park will rehire special needs worker after outcry Updated: Feb-05-16 4:43 pm
ALLENTOWN, Pennsylvania - A Pennsylvania amusement park has offered to rehire a special needs employee after his co-worker took to social media to lambaste the company for firing him.
- Prosecutors seek to restore Penn State officials' charges Updated: Feb-05-16 4:31 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Prosecutors said Friday they were asking a Pennsylvania appeals court to reconsider its dismissal of some criminal charges against three former Penn State administrators accused of covering up sex abuse complaints against former assistant football coach Jerry Sandusky.
- Man convicted in jewelry store worker kidnap gets 30 years Updated: Feb-05-16 3:26 pm
PHILADELPHIA - One of three men convicted of kidnapping and torturing a Philadelphia jewelry store worker before dumping her in a cemetery in an attempt to get the shop's security codes has been sentenced to more than 30 years in prison.
- Boy, 12, dies after returning to burning home to find father Updated: Feb-05-16 3:25 pm
NORRISTOWN, Pennsylvania - Relatives say a 12-year-old boy died when he returned to a burning suburban Philadelphia house to search for his father who just had hip surgery.
- Woman killed in bed by falling tree, husband trapped Updated: Feb-05-16 3:17 pm
BROOMALL, Pennsylvania - A 90-foot tree fell on a home in suburban Philadelphia early Friday, killing a woman in her bed and trapping her husband beside her for hours before he could be rescued, authorities said.
- Penn State awaiting improvement options for Beaver Stadium Updated: Feb-05-16 2:04 pm
STATE COLLEGE, Pennsylvania - A team of architects and engineers have spent the last two months at Penn State helping formulate a plan that will include a renovation or rebuild of Beaver Stadium.
- Teammate assault allegations investigated at Pa. high school Updated: Feb-05-16 12:54 pm
LEECHBURG, Pennsylvania - Police in western Pennsylvania are investigating reports that younger players have been assaulted by older players on a high school basketball team over the last 10 years.
- 'Touching therapy' doc gets prison, labeled sexual predator Updated: Feb-05-16 12:25 pm
BELLEFONTE, Pennsylvania - A central Pennsylvania psychologist who used "touching therapy" on two female sexual trauma patients will spend three to six years in prison.
- Molly Schuyler retakes chicken-eating title at Wing Bowl Updated: Feb-05-16 11:09 am
PHILADELPHIA - For the second time in three years, Molly Schuyler's chicken-chomping skills led her to victory at Philadelphia's Wing Bowl.