- Poncho & Lefty's food truck drives a fresh bargain Updated: May-23-15 10:35 am
BECKLEY, West Virginia - Hardy, hardworking Mountaineers value freedom so much that lawmakers have appropriated state residents' liberation, in Latin, as the state motto.
- Trial ordered for 2 in gas station assault on homeless man Updated: May-23-15 10:17 am
PHILADELPHIA - Two women have been ordered to stand trial in an attack at a north Philadelphia gas station that critically injured a homeless man.
- Defendant gets married after homicide trial ordered Updated: May-23-15 9:44 am
PITTSBURGH - A western Pennsylvania man got married about an hour after he was ordered to stand trial in the death of a man whose body was found in a river in another state two months ago.
- Maryland beats Syracuse 10-8 in NCAA lacrosse semis Updated: May-22-15 11:12 pm
CHESTER, Pennsylvania - Kristen Lamon scored three goals, Taylor Cummings had two goals and four assists and Maryland beat Syracuse 10-8 on Friday night in the NCAA women's lacrosse semifinals at PPL Park.
- Syndergaard outdueled by Cole, Mets fall to Pirates 4-1 Updated: May-22-15 11:11 pm
PITTSBURGH - Noah Syndergaard's audition in New York is being extended, part of what Mets manager Terry Collins hints could be a six-man rotation.
- Cole outduels Syndergaard, Pirates top Mets 4-1 Updated: May-22-15 10:48 pm
PITTSBURGH - Gerrit Cole was in Noah Syndergaard's shoes in 2013, anointed the next big thing and freighted with the weight of outsized expectations.
- North Carolina beats Duke 16-7 in NCAA lacrosse semis Updated: May-22-15 10:05 pm
CHESTER, Pennsylvania - Aly Messinger had three goals and two assists to help North Carolina beat Duke 16-7 on Friday in the NCAA women's lacrosse semifinals at PPL Park.
- Fitzgerald named executive editor of 3 newspapers Updated: May-22-15 6:34 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - The chief editor of the Beaver County Times in western Pennsylvania is moving east to take a new job overseeing three newspapers in the Philadelphia area.
- Pirates star McCutchen laughs off leaked pay stub Updated: May-22-15 6:03 pm
PITTSBURGH - Good thing Andrew McCutchen has direct deposit.
- Pennsylvania gains 122 new state troopers Updated: May-22-15 5:33 pm
HERSHEY, Pennsylvania - Pennsylvania has 122 new state troopers.
- Wiltrout sets PIAA record for javelin throwing Updated: May-22-15 5:23 pm
SHIPPENSBURG, Pennsylvania - Connellsville javelin thrower Madison Wiltrout capped an amazing 15-day span by winning the Class AAA girls title with a throw of 182 feet, 8 inches on Friday during the PIAA Track & Field Championships at Shippensburg University's Seth Grove Stadium.
- Pennsylvania shows biggest 1-month jobs gain since 1990s Updated: May-22-15 4:31 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Pennsylvania recorded its biggest one-month jobs gain in nearly two decades in April, while its unemployment rate stabilized after rising for three straight months, the state Department of Labor and Industry said Friday.
- Police: Woman smoked synthetic marijuana with child in car Updated: May-22-15 3:50 pm
PRINGLE, Pennsylvania - Police say a Pennsylvania woman was high on synthetic marijuana with her child dazed and confused in the car.
- Train accident kills pedestrian Updated: May-22-15 3:32 pm
CORAOPOLIS, Pennsylvania - A pedestrian was killed by a freight train in western Pennsylvania.
- Analysis: At Mideast forum, hopes for future amid chaos Updated: May-22-15 3:30 pm
SOUTHERN SHUNEH, Jordan - Against a backdrop of Iraq and Syria in flames, Middle Eastern political and business leaders sought to focus on a future of growth and investment for a region that for long has lagged behind. But present-day reality proved rather difficult to ignore, with the Islamic State group wreaking havoc not far from these Dead Sea shores.
- Police: Trooper killed burglar who pointed BB gun at him Updated: May-22-15 2:14 pm
SOMERSET, Pennsylvania - A state trooper investigating a burglary at a western Pennsylvania grocery store Friday fatally shot the suspect when he pointed what turned out to be a BB gun at him, police said.
- Lawyer: Teen may plead guilty in Temple student hit-and-run Updated: May-22-15 1:41 pm
PHILADELPHIA - A Philadelphia teen has waived his preliminary hearing and will likely plead guilty in connection with the hit-and-run accident that critically injured a Temple University lacrosse player.
- Prosecutors: Professor offered China data on US-made device Updated: May-22-15 12:17 pm
PHILADELPHIA - The chairman of Temple University's physics department schemed to provide U.S. technology secrets to China in exchange for prestigious appointments for himself, federal authorities said in charging him with four counts of wire fraud.
- Police: Man stole money meant to cover son's drug treatment Updated: May-22-15 11:43 am
STROUDSBURG, Pennsylvania - Police say an eastern Pennsylvania man has been charged with stealing insurance money that was supposed to cover his son's drug and alcohol treatment.
- Cops: Man said he'd shoot road workers who wanted car moved Updated: May-22-15 8:34 am
SCRANTON, Pennsylvania - Police say a Pennsylvania man threatened to get a gun and shoot highway workers who were telling him to move his car.
- Woman gets at least 18 months for fire near grandchildren Updated: May-22-15 8:05 am
MIDDLEBURG, Pennsylvania - A Pennsylvania grandmother has been sentenced to 18 months to 7 years in a state facility for setting a wildfire prosecutors say endangered her grandchildren sleeping in a nearby mobile home.
- 2 members of NYC based heroin ring plead guilty Updated: May-22-15 7:47 am
NEW YORK - Two members of a New York City-based heroin distribution ring have pleaded guilty.
- Police: Counselor charged after having sex with student Updated: May-22-15 5:43 am
ROSTRAVER TOWNSHIP, Pennsylvania - Authorities say a western Pennsylvania high school guidance counselor has been charged after having sex with a football player who came to her for help.
- Police: More than a dozen firearms stolen from gun shop Updated: May-22-15 12:38 am
COLLINGDALE, Pennsylvania - Police are looking for the thieves who made off with nearly 20 firearms during an early-morning smash-and-grab robbery in suburban Philadelphia.
- Man extradited from Penn. to face murder charge in Arizona Updated: May-21-15 9:28 pm
PHOENIX - A man has been extradited from Pennsylvania to face prosecution in the killing of a church janitor in Glendale last year.