- 2 killed in ATV crash in northeastern Pennsylvania Updated: May-01-16 11:03 am
BENTON, Pennsylvania - Authorities say an all-terrain vehicle went down an embankment and flipped over in northeastern Pennsylvania, killing two men.
- TV attack ads start fast in Pennsylvania Senate race Updated: May-01-16 11:00 am
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Democrat Katie McGinty had barely finished her victory speech celebrating a 10-point Pennsylvania primary win for the nomination to challenge Republican U.S. Sen. Pat Toomey before TV attack ads began flying in a general election contest that could tilt political control of the U.S. Senate.
- Police: Woman killed in crash in car reported stolen Updated: May-01-16 9:50 am
PITTSBURGH - Authorities in western Pennsylvania are investigating the death of a woman killed in a crash near Pittsburgh in a vehicle she had reportedly stolen earlier.
- Salt Lake beat Houston 2-1, NYC FC win at home Updated: May-01-16 2:44 am
- Simon struggles again as Reds lose sixth straight game Updated: May-01-16 12:50 am
PITTSBURGH - Cincinnati signed Alfredo Simon as a free agent during spring training hoping he could recapture the magic of 2014 he won 15 games for the Reds and pitched in the All-Star Game.
- Down a man after Orpik hit, Pens top Caps 2-1; series 1-all Updated: May-01-16 12:36 am
WASHINGTON - Already down a game in their second-round playoff series, Kris Letang and the Pittsburgh Penguins suddenly were down a man, too, on Saturday night, when Olli Maatta was leveled by a high hit from Washington's Brooks Orpik less than 5 minutes in.
- Liriano, Jaso help Pirates win 6th straight, 5-1 over Reds Updated: May-01-16 12:17 am
PITTSBURGH - Francisco Liriano found a simple approach for getting his first win since opening day - throwing strikes.
- Phillies hold on for 5th straight win, beat Indians 4-3 Updated: Apr-30-16 11:36 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Cleveland can keep a game close. The Indians have simply struggled winning the tight ones.
- Phillies hold on for 5th straight win, beat Indians 4-3 Updated: Apr-30-16 11:25 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Relegated to ninth in the batting order, Peter Bourjos proved his value instead with his glove.
- Dawkins scores in 83rd, Earthquakes tie Union 1-1 Updated: Apr-30-16 8:09 pm
- Steelers focus on retooling defense in NFL draft Updated: Apr-30-16 8:00 pm
PITTSBURGH - The high-powered offense is in place. The Pittsburgh Steelers know this. The defense coming off its worst statistical season in nearly a quarter century, not so much.
- Eagles add more offense and then focus on defense Updated: Apr-30-16 7:47 pm
PHILADELPHIA - The Eagles added more offense on Day 3 of the NFL draft before shifting their focus to defense.
- Many Missouri Trump delegates aren't his supporters Updated: Apr-30-16 7:21 pm
BALLWIN, Missouri - Donald Trump earned 37 of Missouri's 52 delegates to the Republican National Convention when he won the March 15 primary, but as the state party began selecting delegates on Saturday, the New York businessman can't count on that level of support unless he clinches a first-ballot nomination.
- Pipelines drained; feds investigating cause of explosion Updated: Apr-30-16 5:40 pm
GREENSBURG, Pennsylvania - Natural gas pipelines were being drained Saturday as authorities try to determine the cause of an explosion in western Pennsylvania that destroyed one home, damaged at least three others and burned a fleeing homeowner.
- Pirates activate reliever Hughes from DL, option Scahill Updated: Apr-30-16 3:38 pm
PITTSBURGH - The Pittsburgh Pirates have activated right-handed reliever Jared Hughes from the 15-day disabled list.
- Broad Street Run participants can ride transit free Updated: Apr-30-16 2:49 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Runners registered to take part in Philadelphia's Broad Street Run on Sunday can ride the city's transit system for free before and after the race.
- Closing arguments slated in trial in college dorm death Updated: Apr-30-16 2:21 pm
LANCASTER, Pennsylvania - Closing arguments are expected Monday in the trial of a man accused of beating and strangling his college freshman girlfriend in her central Pennsylvania dormitory
- Jury resumes deliberations Monday in 1989 slayings Updated: Apr-30-16 2:03 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Deliberations resume Monday in the trial of a New Jersey man accused of having killed two women in north Philadelphia more than a quarter-century ago.
- University cafe closed for cleaning after reports of illness Updated: Apr-30-16 12:56 pm
PITTSBURGH - A cafe on the campus of Carnegie Mellon University in western Pennsylvania has been closed for cleaning after more than 40 people reported becoming ill after eating there last week.
- Ex-Rendell aide pleading guilty in FBI campaign cash sting Updated: Apr-29-16 8:22 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - A onetime chief of staff to ex-Gov. Ed Rendell agreed in a court document filed Friday to plead guilty to wire fraud for pocketing thousands of dollars in supposed campaign contributions from a fake company set up by the FBI to investigate public corruption in the state.
- Huge fireball in gas explosion burns homes, fleeing man Updated: Apr-29-16 7:29 pm
GREENSBURG, Pennsylvania - A natural gas pipeline exploded in a towering, roaring fireball Friday, destroying a home several hundred yards away, damaging at least three others and creating waves of intense heat that burned a fleeing homeowner as he ran down a road, authorities said.
- Ex-sergeant jailed over locked computer in child-porn probe Updated: Apr-29-16 6:49 pm
PHILADELPHIA - A former Philadelphia police sergeant has spent seven months in solitary confinement after being held in contempt for failing to unlock his computers in a child-porn investigation.
- Funeral arrangements set for former police chief Williams Updated: Apr-29-16 6:31 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Funeral arrangements are set for former Philadelphia and Los Angeles police chief Willie L. Williams.
- Pirates sign coaches through 2017 season Updated: Apr-29-16 6:28 pm
PITTSBURGH - The Pittsburgh Pirates have given their coaches new contracts through the 2017 season.
- Drug dealers use 'Steph Curry' likeness to market heroin Updated: Apr-29-16 5:28 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Philadelphia drug dealers looking to market their heroin as top of the line are stamping packets with the likeness of Golden State Warriors superstar Steph Curry.