- Colon gets 7th win, 2nd hit to lead Mets over Phillies 6-3 Updated: May-25-15 7:33 pm
NEW YORK - Bartolo Colon kept his helmet on this time.
- Called out: Phillies lose to Mets 6-3, falling to 1-6 vs NY Updated: May-25-15 7:26 pm
NEW YORK - Ben Revere took an 88 mph fastball from Bartolo Colon that appeared to be an inch or two outside. Larry Vanover signaled strike three, and Revere crouched slightly, turned and disagreed.
- Mets 3B Wright sent to California to see back specialist Updated: May-25-15 7:14 pm
NEW YORK - Hoping David Wright can find "magic fingers somewhere in California" to cure the Mets captain's ailing back, New York general manager Sandy Alderson has sent the third baseman across the country to work with the staff of specialist Dr. Robert Watkins.
- Roller coaster fan notches 5,000th ride on historic coaster Updated: May-25-15 6:55 pm
WEST MIFFLIN, Pennsylvania - A longtime roller coaster fan has celebrated his 5,000th ride on a western Pennsylvania coaster over the holiday weekend - and he did it with close to triple-digit rides in a single day.
- Discrimination suit has ripple effect for Somerset Co. town Updated: May-25-15 5:44 pm
SOMERVILLE, New Jersey - A $1.75 million settlement in a racial discrimination lawsuit continues to have a ripple effect in a central New Jersey town.
- Cops: Man fires BB gun at 11-year-old, said boy shot his son Updated: May-25-15 4:55 pm
MCKEESPORT, Pennsylvania - A Pennsylvania man shot an 11-year-old boy in the chest with a BB gun on a playground because he said the boy had previously shot his own young son with the same kind of weapon, authorities said Monday.
- Knotty exhibit planned for pope symbolizes life's challenges Updated: May-25-15 2:34 pm
PHILADELPHIA - A knotty exhibit being created for Pope Francis' upcoming trip to Philadelphia will honor the pontiff's teachings by letting visitors acknowledge the challenges in their daily lives.
- Neighbor arrested after fire damages vacant, occupied homes Updated: May-25-15 1:08 pm
MCKEESPORT, Pennsylvania - Authorities say a neighbor was arrested after a fire that damaged a vacant home and an occupied structure next door.
- A Memorial Day love gone but still strong Updated: May-25-15 11:04 am
YORK, Pennsylvania - Their love blossomed from war, and so John Fisher tells the kind of story almost no one can anymore.
- Husband, wife riding motorcycle killed in crash with SUV Updated: May-25-15 10:35 am
FLEETWOOD, Pennsylvania - Police in eastern Pennsylvania say a collision between a motorcycle and a sport utility vehicle killed a husband and wife riding on the motorcycle.
- Maryland wins 2nd straight NCAA women's lacrosse title Updated: May-25-15 12:15 am
CHESTER, Pennsylvania - Taylor Cummings and Megan Whittle led Maryland to its second straight NCAA women's lacrosse title and record-extending 12th overall, each scoring three goals in the Terrapins' 9-8 comeback victory over North Carolina on Sunday night.
- Slumping Mets strike out 14 times in 9-1 loss to Pirates Updated: May-24-15 8:02 pm
PITTSBURGH - Terry Collins had seen enough. After watching the Mets strike out 14 more times in their fifth loss in six games, the manager addressed his team behind closed doors.
- Harper has 2 RBIs and Nationals beat Phillies 4-1 Updated: May-24-15 6:18 pm
WASHINGTON - Bryce Harper doesn't always have to smash a baseball deep into the bleachers to help the Washington Nationals win a game.
- Liriano strikes out 12, Pirates sweep Mets Updated: May-24-15 5:41 pm
PITTSBURGH - Francisco Liriano kept up Pittsburgh's strikeout parade, fanning 12 as the Pirates beat the New York Mets 9-1 Sunday for a three-game sweep.
- Man charged with 3rd-degree murder in death of girl Updated: May-24-15 4:43 pm
POTTSVILLE, Pennsylvania - An eastern Pennsylvania man has been charged with third-degree murder in the death of a 13-month-old girl two days after Christmas.
- Police: Woman accused of setting man on fire arrested Updated: May-24-15 3:11 pm
MECHANICSBURG, Pennsylvania - A woman accused of having tied a man to a bed, doused him with a flammable substance and set him on fire before fleeing in his van was later arrested in a neighboring county, authorities said.
- High-profile votes, fights preview Wolf's challenges in June Updated: May-24-15 12:51 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - June is crunch time in the state Capitol and the challenges in front of Gov. Tom Wolf are becoming clearer in the Democrat's first go-round with budget negotiations.
- A sampling of efforts to fight blight in Appalachia Updated: May-24-15 12:13 pm
Efforts to rehabilitate vacant or dilapidated property have sprung up around Appalachia, with states in the region taking varying approaches.
- Police: Driver shot, other cars damaged in Pittsburgh tunnel Updated: May-24-15 12:11 pm
PITTSBURGH - Authorities in western Pennsylvania say a driver was hit by gunfire from another vehicle in a tunnel in Pittsburgh.
- Carbon monoxide sends 8 people to hospital; 2 critical Updated: May-24-15 10:01 am
NORRISTOWN, Pennsylvania - Authorities in southeastern Pennsylvania say a carbon monoxide leak sent eight people to the hospital, two of them in critical condition.
- Strasburg chased early in Nationals' 8-1 loss to Phillies Updated: May-23-15 9:03 pm
- Matt Rambo scores 4 goals, Maryland beats John Hopkins 12-11 Updated: May-23-15 8:17 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Maryland knows it has been 40 years since its last NCAA lacrosse title.
- Man testifies in own defense in murder-for-hire case Updated: May-23-15 7:22 pm
YORK, Pennsylvania - A central Pennsylvania man accused of trying to hire someone to kill a male acquaintance of his wife says in his defense that he didn't want to kill anyone he just wanted the man beaten up.
- Trial ordered in gas station attack on homeless man Updated: May-23-15 5:08 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Another defendant, among six charged in an attack on a homeless man at a north Philadelphia gas station, has been ordered to stand trial.
- Brehm sets record at PIAA Track and Field championships Updated: May-23-15 4:56 pm
SHIPPENSBURG, Pennsylvania - There could not have been a better start to Day Two of the PIAA Track & Field Championships than Zach Brehm's finish.