- Gypsy moth spraying done, state to set traps this summer Updated: May-03-16 2:23 pm
OLYMPIA, Washington - State agricultural officials have finished spraying parts of Western Washington to kill leaf-eating gypsy moths. Now, they plan to set out thousands of traps this summer to see whether those treatments worked.
- Sheriff: Shooting suspect accidentally released Updated: May-01-16 8:20 pm
OLYMPIA, Washington - The Mason County Sheriff's office says a man accused of shooting at a sheriff's deputy last month has been accidently released from jail.
- Sea lion that made strange, 50-mile trek to ranch found dead Updated: Apr-28-16 6:57 pm
OLYMPIA, Washington - Washington state biologists are trying to determine what killed a sea lion that was captured and released after it was strangely found in the driveway of a cattle ranch about 50 miles from the ocean.
- Thurston County considers 2 bids for psychiatric hospital Updated: Apr-28-16 12:35 pm
OLYMPIA, Washington - Two health care systems have submitted separate plans to open psychiatric hospitals in Thurston County.
- Suspect in dog's death pleads not guilty to animal cruelty Updated: Apr-27-16 2:51 am
OLYMPIA, Washington - A man charged in connection with the sexual assault and hanging of a dog in Thurston County has pleaded not guilty to animal cruelty.
- Driver faces new charges following death of pedestrian Updated: Apr-26-16 1:29 pm
OLYMPIA, Washington - Authorities say they plan to file new charges against a 19-year-old driver following the death of a pedestrian.
- Judge says state can release info about child care providers Updated: Apr-25-16 11:57 am
OLYMPIA, Washington - A Thurston County judge says the state may release contact information about licensed child care providers under a public records request.
- Designer of state seal still creating vivid artwork at 84 Updated: Apr-24-16 3:05 am
CENTRALIA, Washington - If you live in Washington, there's a good chance you have already seen one Lewis County resident's artwork.
- Woman struck by truck in Olympia not expected to survive Updated: Apr-23-16 8:01 am
OLYMPIA, Washington - Officials say a woman struck by a vehicle in Olympia is not expected to survive.
- Bees installed on Capitol Campus in Olympia Updated: Apr-20-16 3:55 pm
OLYMPIA, Washington - Three beekeepers from the Olympia Beekeepers Association installed about 25,000 bees and two queens into two hives.
- Hundreds of Sanders fans rally in Olympia for delegates Updated: Apr-17-16 11:49 am
OLYMPIA, Washington - About 200 people turned out for a Saturday afternoon rally at the state Capitol to encourage super-delegates to vote for Bernie Sanders at the Democratic convention.
- Lawsuit: Olympia School District hid sex abuse from parents Updated: Apr-15-16 4:12 am
OLYMPIA, Washington - The Olympia School District is facing a lawsuit that claims it hid information from families about a school bus driver who admitted to molesting their children.
- Personal data stolen from Olympia School District employees Updated: Apr-13-16 5:14 pm
OLYMPIA, Washington - Personal information of some current and former Olympia School District employees has been stolen by someone posing as the district's superintendent.
- Toxic algae warnings issued for 2 Thurston County lakes Updated: Apr-10-16 10:01 am
OLYMPIA, Washington - Health officials have issued toxic algae warnings for two Thurston County Lakes.
- Intercity Transit workers create sidewalk art under pressure Updated: Apr-10-16 3:05 am
OLYMPIA, Washington - It all started with a monkey and a dirty sidewalk.
- House: Private laptop theft from US hits 'most vulnerable' Updated: Apr-05-16 7:13 pm
WASHINGTON - The top watchdogs in the House demanded to know Tuesday why a personal laptop taken from a federal building in Washington state was used to conduct child-support audits, especially because it and other stolen hard drives may have contained millions of names and Social Security numbers.
- Registered sex offender sentenced for child pornography in Olympia Updated: Apr-05-16 3:17 am
OLYMPIA, Washington - An Olympia man who pleaded guilty to possession of child pornography has been sentenced to more than three and a half years in prison.