- Hundreds protest Washington police shooting of 2 unarmed men Updated: May-22-15 1:46 pm
OLYMPIA, Washington - Hundreds of people marched in Washington state's capital city to protest a police shooting that wounded two unarmed stepbrothers suspected of trying to steal beer from a grocery store.
- Hundreds protest police shooting in Olympia, Wash. Updated: May-21-15 11:42 pm
OLYMPIA, Washington - Hundreds of people gathered Thursday night in Olympia, Washington, to protest a police shooting that wounded two stepbrothers suspected of trying to steal beer from a grocery store.
- Lawmakers want to punish teachers who go on strike Updated: May-19-15 9:05 pm
SEATTLE - After thousands of teachers marched through downtown Seattle on Tuesday as part of a one-day walkout, lawmakers heard testimony in Olympia on a bill that would punish teachers for going on strike.
- Seattle port commissioner launches campaign for governor Updated: May-14-15 11:11 pm
SEATTLE - Port of Seattle Commissioner Bill Bryant, a businessman who has strongly supported allowing Shell to base its Arctic offshore oil-drilling fleet here, announced his campaign as a Republican candidate for governor on Thursday - just as one of the company's massive drill rigs was being greeted by protests upon its arrival at the city's waterfront.
- Judge stops recall effort against auditor from going forward Updated: May-08-15 10:09 pm
TACOMA, Washington - A judge ruled Thursday that a recall petition filed against indicted state Auditor Troy Kelley did not meet the legal threshold necessary for backers to begin collecting signatures from state voters.
- Washington state trooper who guarded Gov. Inslee arrested Updated: May-08-15 2:56 pm
OLYMPIA, Washington - A Washington State Patrol trooper who has guarded the past two governors has been charged, along with his wife, with evidence-tampering in their son's vandalism case.
- Auburn woman sentenced to 2 months for stealing from UPS Updated: May-08-15 12:59 pm
LACEY, Washington - An Auburn woman who was arrested after stealing from UPS drop boxes was sentenced to two months in jail.
- Lacey man pleads not guilty to kidnapping informant Updated: May-05-15 4:35 pm
OLYMPIA, Washington - A Lacey man charged with kidnapping and threatening a county Task Force informant has pleaded not guilty.
- Washington lawmakers return to resolve budget, other issues Updated: Apr-29-15 8:53 pm
OLYMPIA, Washington - Washington lawmakers returned to work Wednesday after a four-day break for a special session to resolve the state's budget debate and other matters.
- Tumwater voters approve highest sales tax in county Updated: Apr-29-15 10:12 am
OLYMPIA, Washington - Early special election results show that Tumwater approved a tax hike that will give it the title of highest sales tax in Thurston county.
- FAA investigates airplane that flew over teachers' rally Updated: Apr-27-15 2:59 pm
OLYMPIA, Washington - Federal investigators are looking into an airplane that flew a banner urging an end to teacher strikes over Saturday's teachers' rally at the Capitol in Olympia.
- Gov. Jay Inslee, thousands of teachers rally at Capitol Updated: Apr-25-15 4:40 pm
OLYMPIA, Washington - Thousands of teachers and their supporters crowded the steps of the Washington state Capitol's legislative building for a rally Saturday morning to call for teacher pay raises, smaller class sizes and less standardized testing.
- Recall hearing set for Washington state auditor Updated: Apr-24-15 2:20 pm
OLYMPIA, Washington - A court hearing for a petition to recall embattled Washington state Auditor Troy Kelley has been set for May 8.
- Thurston County Sheriff's Office to help out with US Open Updated: Apr-23-15 7:47 am
OLYMPIA, Washington - The Thurston County Sheriff's Office will help with the heightened security for the U.S. Open in adjacent Pierce County.