- Voters in Kalamazoo County approve renewal of transit tax Updated: May-04-16 5:24 am
KALAMAZOO, Michigan - Voters in Kalamazoo County have approved a five-year renewal of a millage that will fund public transit through 2021.
- Voters reject proposal for small village to be dissolved Updated: May-04-16 1:46 am
RICHLAND, Michigan - Voters have rejected a proposal for a small village near Kalamazoo to be dissolved.
- Long prison term for man who hatched sex crime behind bars Updated: May-03-16 4:44 pm
KALAMAZOO, Michigan - A man accused of trying to arrange sex with a mentally disabled teen when he was in a state prison has been sentenced to 33 years in federal prison.
- Michigan artist's baseball painting sells for $48K Updated: May-03-16 4:04 pm
PLAINWELL, Michigan - A 100-year-old baseball painting by Plainwell native commercial artist Fletcher Ransom recently sold for $48,000 at an auction.
- Tree dedicated for 2 victims of Kalamazoo-area shootings Updated: Apr-28-16 10:57 am
MATTAWAN, Michigan - A tree has been dedicated in memory of two of the victims of February mass shootings in southwestern Michigan.
- Man enters plea deal in 1988 fatal shooting over drug debt Updated: Apr-27-16 6:41 am
SOUTH HAVEN, Michigan - A 47-year-old man charged with murder in a 1988 southwestern Michigan slaying could be freed in about five years following a plea deal.
- More prison time for man in 'dastardly' child pornography case Updated: Apr-25-16 5:57 pm
KALAMAZOO, Michigan - A western Michigan man caught with a huge cache of child pornography has been sentenced to 20 years in federal prison, two months after a different judge in state court ordered a 40-year punishment for related crimes.
- Kalamazoo teen shooting survivor hopes to cartwheel again Updated: Apr-25-16 8:29 am
KALAMAZOO, Michigan - A 14-year-old girl shot in the head during a deadly rampage in southwestern Michigan says one of her goals is to eventually do cartwheels again.
- College scholarship program receives $275,000 in donations Updated: Apr-22-16 4:08 pm
KALAMAZOO, Michigan - Officials have announced $275,000 toward a college scholarship program for Kalamazoo Public Schools graduates.
- Housing rates to increase at Western Michigan University Updated: Apr-22-16 7:04 am
KALAMAZOO, Michigan - Western Michigan University says room and board rates will rise 3.5 percent for the 2016-17 academic year.
- Crosswalks transformed into keyboards ahead of festival Updated: Apr-19-16 3:52 pm
KALAMAZOO, Michigan - Some crosswalks in downtown Kalamazoo are being transformed to look like piano keys ahead of a big musical event.
- EPA orders cleanup of sediment from Kalamazoo River, soil Updated: Apr-19-16 9:47 am
OTSEGO, Michigan - U.S. Environmental Protection Agency has ordered the removal of contaminated sediment and soil from a 1.5-mile stretch of the Kalamazoo River as part of a broader cleanup effort.
- Major solar energy project operational in western Michigan Updated: Apr-18-16 6:53 am
ALLENDALE, Michigan - A major solar energy project is up and running in western Michigan.
- Ceremony, running event honor slain Kalamazoo officer Updated: Apr-16-16 4:23 pm
KALAMAZOO, Michigan - Hundreds of people have run or walked to remember a Kalamazoo police officer killed in the line of duty.
- Man gets jail in theft from fundraiser for fallen officer Updated: Apr-12-16 8:55 am
KALAMAZOO, Michigan - The former president of a motorcycle club who was accused of stealing money from a fundraiser for a Kalamazoo police officer who was killed while on duty in 2011 has been sentenced to five months in jail.
- Ex-Green Party hopeful gets 4-day sentence for sit-in Updated: Apr-11-16 4:57 pm
BATTLE CREEK, Michigan - An ex-Green Party candidate for U.S. Senate who was convicted of illegally protesting a new oil pipeline will spend four days in jail on probation violations.
- Kalamazoo County administrator gets $65K severance payment Updated: Apr-08-16 11:39 am
KALAMAZOO, Michigan - A Kalamazoo County administrator from Iowa who resigned following allegations of mistreatment of women is getting a $65,000 severance payment.
- Michigan backs renovation of Depot Building in Kalamazoo Updated: Apr-08-16 11:37 am
KALAMAZOO, Michigan - The state of Michigan is backing a renovation of the historic Depot Building in downtown Kalamazoo with more than $480,000 in funding.