- Records show 48 drivers paid fines in 193-vehicle pileup Updated: Jul-30-15 4:28 pm
GALESBURG, Michigan - About a quarter of the motorists involved in a massive 193-vehicle pileup during a winter storm on a southwestern Michigan freeway were fined.
- Kalamazoo County homeowners upset over mailbox order Updated: Jul-27-15 4:01 pm
TEXAS TOWNSHIP, Michigan - More than two dozen homeowners in a southwest Michigan community are frustrated after county officials told them to remove their stone mailboxes.
- Authorities: Death of woman run over is believed accidental Updated: Jul-22-15 5:50 am
WEESAW TOWNSHIP, Michigan - Authorities say the death of a 68-year-old woman whose husband ran her over after their pickup truck lost part of its load of straw in southwestern Michigan is believed to be accidental.
- Michigan father gets prison in 3-month-old son's death Updated: Jul-20-15 2:38 pm
ALLEGAN, Michigan - A southwestern Michigan father who pleaded no contest to manslaughter and first-degree child abuse in the death of his 3-month-old son has been sentenced to prison.
- Man says officers roughed him up during arrest, breaking leg Updated: Jul-17-15 7:49 am
KALAMAZOO, Michigan - A man says Kalamazoo police officers roughed him up during a 2014 arrest, breaking his leg and refusing to take him to a hospital for treatment.
- Suspected pig topiary thief turns self in, apologizes Updated: Jul-17-15 6:17 am
KALAMAZOO, Michigan - A man suspected of stealing a pig topiary in Kalamazoo has turned himself in and offered an apology.
- Police: Death of 19-month-old boy investigated as homicide Updated: Jul-16-15 6:43 am
KALAMAZOO TOWNSHIP, Michigan - Police in the Kalamazoo area say the death of a 19-month-old boy is being investigated as a homicide.
- 'Going Back in Time' on display for Black Arts Festival Updated: Jul-15-15 10:43 am
KALAMAZOO, Michigan - The exhibit "Going Back in Time" is on display as part of the weeklong Black Arts Festival in Kalamazoo.
- Michigan: Ban heavy oil from Straits of Mackinac pipeline Updated: Jul-14-15 7:05 pm
LANSING, Michigan - Heavy crude oil will be banned from a pipeline that runs under a scenic waterway where Lakes Huron and Michigan meet, state officials said Tuesday, adding they also will require independent analyses of future alternatives to the pipes and worst-case consequences of a spill.
- Worker killed in fall at Kalamazoo County grain elevator Updated: Jul-14-15 3:31 pm
SCHOOLCRAFT TOWNSHIP, Michigan - Kalamazoo County authorities say a worker has died in a fall at a grain elevator company.
- Police: Charge to be sought vs. SUV driver after fatal crash Updated: Jul-14-15 11:37 am
KALAMAZOO, Michigan - Authorities say they plan to request a charge against an SUV driver after a motorcyclist was killed in a hit-and-run crash in western Michigan.
- 2 big events taking place dedicated to improving Kalamazoo Updated: Jul-12-15 4:05 am
KALAMAZOO, Michigan - Two big events dedicated to improving Kalamazoo are kicking off.
- Horse frightened by fireworks found 9 days after escaping Updated: Jul-11-15 12:52 pm
ST. JOHNS, Michigan - A horse that bolted from its mid-Michigan home after being frightened by fireworks has been found after more than a week.
- Western Michigan University board OKs sex misconduct policy Updated: Jul-10-15 2:26 am
KALAMAZOO, Michigan - Western Michigan University's Board of Trustees has approved a new policy designed to encourage students and staff to report cases of sexual misconduct.
- Charge dropped for woman jailed for not renewing dog license Updated: Jul-07-15 2:20 pm
KALAMAZOO, Michigan - A Michigan woman says she's no longer facing a misdemeanor after being arrested for failing to renew a license for her dog.
- Stabenow, Upton tour Fort Custer, missile project candidate Updated: Jul-06-15 6:49 pm
KALAMAZOO, Michigan - U.S. Sen. Debbie Stabenow and U.S. Rep Fred Upton have toured Fort Custer, a site in competition for a proposed $3 billion ballistic missile defense system.