- National advocate for burned vets marshal at Dearborn parade Updated: May-25-15 7:11 pm
DEARBORN, Michigan - An ex-Navy SEAL who founded a national organization to help military and emergency service workers who have survived burns served as grand marshal of Dearborn's Memorial Day parade as the Detroit suburb joined communities around Michigan in marking Monday's holiday honoring America's war dead.
- Police: Woman fatally shot as child, 12, plays with shotgun Updated: May-22-15 7:38 pm
KALAMAZOO, Michigan - Police say a 12-year-old child was playing with shotgun at a Kalamazoo home when the weapon accidentally discharged, killing a 28-year-old family friend.
- Georgia-Pacific plant closing marks end of era in Parchment Updated: May-22-15 4:14 am
PARCHMENT, Michigan - Even though he retired 25 years ago, Murphy Darden still finds pride in taking visitors to the site of the former paper mill in Parchment where he made a living as a painter.
- Man, 23, incompetent for trial in fatal stabbing of aunt, 57 Updated: May-19-15 6:58 pm
ANTWERP TOWNSHIP, Michigan - A prosecutor says psychiatrists have concluded that a 23-year-old man is incompetent to stand trial in the fatal stabbing of his 57-year-old aunt at their home in southwestern Michigan.
- Craft beer trail to showcase Kalamazoo area's offerings Updated: May-18-15 9:35 am
KALAMAZOO, Michigan - Craft beer lovers are getting a new way to check out the Kalamazoo area's offerings.
- Police: Man fatally shot after chase was wanted on warrant Updated: May-15-15 12:10 pm
PORTAGE, Michigan - Police say a passenger in a vehicle who was shot to death by police following a chase in southwestern Michigan had been wanted on a warrant for trespassing.
- Deal reached between Michigan, Enbridge over 2010 oil spill Updated: May-13-15 3:10 pm
MARSHALL, Michigan - A company responsible for one of the largest inland oil spills in U.S. history will restore or create 300 acres of wetlands as part of a sweeping agreement with the state to improve the Kalamazoo River watershed in southwestern Michigan.
- Kalamazoo-area man, 75, charged in ex-wife's shotgun slaying Updated: May-07-15 1:58 pm
TEXAS TOWNSHIP, Michigan - A 75-year-old man has been charged with first-degree murder in the fatal shooting of his ex-wife at their western Michigan home.
- Small earthquake reveals fault in southwest Kalamazoo County Updated: May-06-15 4:46 pm
KALAMAZOO, Michigan - A geological fault line has been revealed in southwest Kalamazoo County following a small earthquake in the area over the weekend.
- At least 9 fired, 29 suspended after patient's arm broken Updated: May-06-15 8:10 am
KALAMAZOO, Michigan - An investigation has found that dozens of staff members at Kalamazoo Psychiatric Hospital either abused a patient or witnessed the abuse that led up to the man's arm being broken as staff struggled to restrain him.
- Western Michigan U to pay $35K in speech lawsuit settlement Updated: May-05-15 1:44 am
KALAMAZOO, Michigan - Western Michigan University is paying $35,000 to settle a lawsuit from a student group that said school policies unlawfully limit free speech on campus.
- EPA officials to answer questions on paper plant cleanup Updated: Apr-30-15 2:31 am
KALAMAZOO, Michigan - U.S. Environmental Protection Agency officials are set to visit Kalamazoo this week to answer questions about a proposal to remove contaminants from the Allied Paper Superfund site.
- Bell's Brewery expanding in southwestern Michigan Updated: Apr-29-15 7:20 am
COMSTOCK TOWNSHIP, Michigan - Bell's Brewery Inc. says it's expanding to meet demand for its beer.
- Historic hotel becomes luxury living space in Kalamazoo Updated: Apr-28-15 12:44 pm
KALAMAZOO, Michigan - Ron and Matt Smilanich's plan is coming together.
- Man sentenced to life in prison in slaying of 2-year-old son Updated: Apr-27-15 8:44 pm
KALAMAZOO, Michigan - A western Michigan man will spend the rest of his life in prison in the slaying of his 2-year-old son.