- About 200 attend Kansas meeting on Guantanamo transfers Updated: Sep-03-15 7:34 pm
LEAVENWORTH, Kansas - About 200 people attended a town hall meeting about the possible transfer of Guantanamo Bay detainees to Fort Leavenworth.
- Pentagon to survey S. Carolina brig for Guantanamo detainees Updated: Sep-01-15 5:53 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - A Pentagon team is coming to South Carolina this week to evaluate whether the Navy brig near Charleston could be suitable to house detainees from the prison at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, officials said Tuesday.
- Kansas governor schedules town hall meeting on Guantanamo Updated: Aug-27-15 5:06 am
TOPEKA, Kansas - Kansas Gov. Sam Brownback plans to hold a town hall meeting next week to discuss concerns about the potential transfer of prisoners from Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, to Fort Leavenworth.
- Officials don't want Guantanamo Bay detainees in Kansas Updated: Aug-21-15 9:52 am
JOPLIN, Missouri - Several elected officials from Kansas oppose moving detainees from Guantanamo Bay to Fort Leavenworth, citing the potential economic impact and security.
- Pentagon looks at stateside prisons as alternatives to Gitmo Updated: Aug-15-15 3:22 am
WASHINGTON - The Defense Department is taking another look at the military prison in Kansas and the Navy Brig in South Carolina as it evaluates potential U.S. facilities to house detainees from the prison at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, part of the Obama administration's controversial push to close the detention center.
- US Penitentiary guard in Leavenworth charged with bribery Updated: Aug-06-15 11:17 am
KANSAS CITY, Kansas - A federal prison guard at the U.S. Penitentiary in Leavenworth has been indicted on charges accusing him of accepting bribes from inmates in exchange for tobacco.