- WHL Roundup: Barzal scores three times, Flodell makes 31 saves in Seattle win Updated: Feb-10-16 1:05 am
KENT, Washington - Mathew Barzal had three goals and an assist and Logan Flodell made 31 saves as the Seattle Thunderbirds blanked the Kelowna Rockets 6-0 on Tuesday in Western Hockey League action.
- Joel Peralta and Mariners agree to minor league contract Updated: Feb-09-16 2:19 pm
SEATTLE - Relief pitcher Joel Peralta has agreed to a minor league contract with the Seattle Mariners and will report to big league spring training.
- Seattle lands spot on top 10 densely populated US cities Updated: Feb-09-16 1:26 pm
SEATTLE - Seattle has cracked the top 10 most densely populated big cities in the United States for the first time in its history.
- King County announces initiatives to curb homelessness Updated: Feb-09-16 1:16 pm
SEATTLE - King County will spend $17 million for initiatives aimed at curbing homelessness with special attention to South and East King County where the number of unsheltered people has been on the rise.
- Western Hockey League Standings Updated: Feb-08-16 11:25 pm
- Agent confirms Seahawks star Marshawn Lynch plans to retire Updated: Feb-08-16 5:09 pm
SEATTLE - When Marshawn Lynch was brought to Seattle early in the 2010 season, he was acquired because the Seahawks desperately needed a running back.
- Officials consider expansion to Seattle water taxi Updated: Feb-08-16 12:12 pm
SEATTLE - Washington's King County is considering expanding a water taxi service in Seattle.
- Tweet from Lynch indicates possible retirement Updated: Feb-08-16 1:01 am
SEATTLE - Marshawn Lynch was at the center of attention in the fourth quarter of the Super Bowl on Sunday night.
- Former Seattle IRS agent to face trial on bribery charge Updated: Feb-07-16 2:38 pm
SEATTLE - A former IRS agent in Seattle is set to face trial this week on accusations that he solicited and received a $20,000 bribe from a medical marijuana dispensary.
- Struggle over Saint Edward: Renovate it, or tear it down? Updated: Feb-07-16 3:05 am
SEATTLE - When developer Kevin Daniels announced plans in August to renovate the badly deteriorated 1931 seminary building at Saint Edward State Park in Kenmore and turn it into a hotel and spa, he said he knew it would involve a lengthy public process and outspoken neighbors who love their park the way it is.
- Seattle beats UMKC 65-55 behind Powell's 17 Updated: Feb-07-16 12:44 am
SEATTLE - William Powell scored 17 points, grabbed 12 rebounds and made six assists as Seattle beat the University of Missouri-Kansas City 65-55 on Saturday night to win its fifth straight.
- Corrections secretary resigns amid early release controversy Updated: Feb-06-16 10:52 pm
SEATTLE - Washington state Corrections Secretary Dan Pacholke resigned on Saturday amid a controversy over the early release of prisoners, telling a Republican senator he hoped his departure would satisfy the "need for blood."
- Anderson leads No. 23 Arizona past Washington 77-72 Updated: Feb-06-16 8:17 pm
SEATTLE - Before Ryan Anderson could escape back into Arizona's locker room, Lorenzo Romar made sure to get his attention.
- Modern theft of vintage gun revives 1927 Sultan murder tale Updated: Feb-06-16 2:05 am
SULTAN, Washington - It was dark when the lone figure heaved a large rock through the glass front door of Sultan's Visitor Information Center.
- Bigfork husband donates kidney to wife Updated: Feb-06-16 2:05 am
KALISPELL, Montana - Tyson Niewoehner simply smiles when asked how he and his wife, Shelley, will celebrate Valentine's Day this year.
- Washington Senate votes to oust transportation secretary Updated: Feb-06-16 1:20 am
OLYMPIA, Washington - The state Senate on Friday rejected the gubernatorial appointment of Transportation Secretary Lynn Peterson, ousting her from the job she has held since shortly after Gov. Jay Inslee took office in 2013.
- Man shot on Seattle bus previously settled with city Updated: Feb-05-16 12:11 pm
SEATTLE - A man who was shot in the face on a King County Metro bus in south Seattle had previously been paid $42,000 by the city after he was kicked by a police officer.
- Westendorf buzzer-beater lifts Seattle past Chicago St 59-56 Updated: Feb-05-16 12:31 am
SEATTLE - Brendan Westendorf scored 12 points and hit a game-winning, running 3-pointer from near half court with a second left as Seattle extended its Western Athletic Conference win streak to four, beating Chicago State 59-56 Thursday night.
- Homeless boys charged with murder have seen troubled lives Updated: Feb-04-16 11:02 pm
SEATTLE - It was their mom's birthday, and the three vagrant teenage brothers were intent on collecting a $500 drug debt she was owed, an informant would later tell police. So, prosecutors say, they marched up a hill into a wooded homeless encampment called "The Jungle" and started shooting.
- Some of NFL's biggest stars never played in Super Bowl Updated: Feb-04-16 3:06 pm
Some of the NFL's biggest all-time stars have a gaping hole on their playing resumes.
- Helicopter rescues hurt man trapped for days near Enumclaw Updated: Feb-04-16 1:43 pm
ENUMCLAW, Washington - Authorities say a King County sheriff's helicopter has rescued a man trapped near Mud Mountain Dam near Enumclaw.
- Man with gun arrested outside Seattle mosque Updated: Feb-04-16 12:41 pm
SEATTLE - Seattle police say a man who was carrying a stolen pistol has been arrested for investigation of a hate crime after a confrontation outside a mosque.
- Seattle signs Korean slugger Dae-Ho Lee to minor league deal Updated: Feb-03-16 2:46 pm
SEATTLE - The Seattle Mariners have signed Korean slugger Dae-Ho Lee and catcher Steve Lerud to minor league contracts two weeks before the start of spring training.
- Google to test self-driving cars in Kirkland, Washington Updated: Feb-03-16 12:26 pm
KIRKLAND, Washington - Google says it will begin testing its self-driving cars in Kirkland, Washington.
- Lost Seattle hiker rescued from Mt. Hood Updated: Feb-03-16 3:17 am
SEATTLE - Search crews have rescued a Seattle hiker who spent one night on Mt. Hood after he got lost hiking near the Palmer Glacier.