- Mercer Island Lego artist gets a kick from bricks Updated: Oct-03-15 9:30 am
SEATTLE - Alice Finch's sculpture of Hogwarts Castle, inspired by the "Harry Potter" books by J.K. Rowling, is vast; shaped like an L, with each arm 13 feet long and 5 feet wide. It's elaborately detailed - with multicolored bottles in the Potions classroom, mossy leaves bursting out of pots in the greenhouse, tiny framed art along the grand staircase, and even a transparent ghost haunting the Ravenclaw Towers - and took her a year to construct.
- Farquhar gives up homer in 8th, Mariners lose 4-2 to A's Updated: Oct-03-15 3:43 am
SEATTLE - Danny Farquhar threw the pitches he wanted in the eighth inning Friday night. He did not get the results he expected.
- Valencia's 2-run HR lifts Athletics over Mariners 4-2 Updated: Oct-03-15 2:17 am
SEATTLE - Danny Valencia believed all along that he just needed the opportunity to show what he could do.
- Bail set at $1 million for woman accused of killing toddler Updated: Oct-02-15 8:59 pm
SEATTLE - Bail has been set at $1 million for a woman accused of kicking her boyfriend's 17-month-old son to death.
- Avril set to face former team with Seahawks hosting Lions Updated: Oct-02-15 7:28 pm
RENTON, Washington - Cliff Avril has experienced both ends of the spectrum during his NFL career.
- Appeals court says lower court must reconsider Solo case Updated: Oct-02-15 6:06 pm
U.S. national team goalkeeper Hope Solo could again face assault charges stemming from an altercation last year with family members after a Washington state appeals court on Friday reversed a lower court's dismissal of the case.
- Former nunchuck-wielding thief accused of sword attack Updated: Oct-02-15 5:11 am
SEATTLE - A Seattle woman has been accused of chasing a stranger off a King County Metro bus with a sword just weeks after she was jailed for a nunchuck attack.
- FC Kansas City wins NWSL championship, 1-0 over Seattle Updated: Oct-02-15 1:33 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - Lauren Holiday celebrated the final game of her career with another title.
- Alaska Airlines expands with flights to North Carolina Updated: Oct-01-15 9:26 pm
SEATTLE - Alaska Airlines officials say they're expanding service with new daily flights from Seattle to North Carolina.
- Seattle's Chad Marshall diagnosed with neck sprain Updated: Oct-01-15 7:48 pm
SEATTLE - Seattle Sounders defender Chad Marshall has been released from the hospital a day after suffering a neck sprain in practice.
- Young Washington roster ready for challenges ahead Updated: Oct-01-15 7:26 pm
SEATTLE - Midway through Lorenzo Romar's news conference on Thursday the Washington coach was asked if he could assess each of his new players.
- Rookie Rawls ready for chance if Lynch can't go for Seahawks Updated: Oct-01-15 6:50 pm
RENTON, Washington - Funny thing about Seattle Seahawks rookie running back Thomas Rawls. He's not much of a fan of watching football.
- Attorneys for Seattle tour company promise full cooperation Updated: Oct-01-15 3:50 pm
OLYMPIA, Washington - Attorneys for a Seattle tour company involved in a deadly crash promised Thursday that there will be full cooperation into the investigation of an accident that killed five people last week.
- Poll of Seattle residents finds fewer disapprove of police Updated: Oct-01-15 1:09 pm
SEATTLE - A new survey of Seattle residents finds fewer people saying they disapprove of the city's police department since it began making reforms under a settlement with the U.S. Department of Justice.
- Seattle teacher accused of sexual misconduct in Ohio fired Updated: Oct-01-15 5:43 am
SEATTLE - A teacher at Seattle's prestigious Lakeside School has been fired after he was accused of sexual misconduct with a minor in another state.
- Astros rally past Mariners, take over 2nd AL wild-card spot Updated: Oct-01-15 2:31 am
SEATTLE - Thanks to a late rally and help from others, the Houston Astros will go into their final series knowing three more wins will have them playing baseball beyond the final day of the regular season.
- Immigrants say about-face on visas costs them millions Updated: Sep-30-15 9:59 pm
SEATTLE - A sudden about-face by the State Department has left tens of thousands of highly skilled immigrants unable to apply to become legal permanent residents as they had expected to on Thursday, even though many have already paid expensive legal and medical fees to get their applications ready, according to a new lawsuit.
- Seattle police investigating shots fired in Belltown Updated: Sep-30-15 8:00 pm
SEATTLE - Seattle police are investigating after witnesses reported gunfire in the Belltown neighborhood.
- Seattle shuts down ace Felix Hernandez for final weekend Updated: Sep-30-15 7:53 pm
SEATTLE - The only way Felix Hernandez is seeing the field for the final weekend of the regular season is if Seattle manager Lloyd McClendon suddenly decides to let his ace right-hander be a hitter.
- Ruling backs Shell's use of Seattle homeport for its fleet Updated: Sep-30-15 6:00 pm
SEATTLE - A hearing examiner says Seattle officials erred when they said the Port of Seattle couldn't host Shell Oil's Arctic drilling fleet under its current permit.
- Great rivalry missing a big piece Thursday night Updated: Sep-30-15 2:40 pm
Fans argue vociferously about the best rivalry in the NFL.
- Downtown Seattle agency investigating fatal fight Updated: Sep-30-15 4:52 am
SEATTLE - Seattle's Downtown Emergency Service Center is launching an internal investigation into a fatal fight over the weekend at a supportive-housing facility.
- Cano, O'Malley lead Mariners to 6-4 win over Houston Updated: Sep-30-15 3:16 am
SEATTLE - Robinson Cano hit a two-run home run in the sixth inning Tuesday night.
- Group targets people who seek sex online while at work Updated: Sep-30-15 12:15 am
SEATTLE - A new public-private partnership in King County targets people who solicit sex online while on the job.
- Father of high school shooter found guilty of gun charges Updated: Sep-29-15 8:22 pm
SEATTLE - A federal jury on Tuesday found a Washington state man guilty of illegally owning firearms, including the handgun his son used to kill four of his friends and himself last year in a high school cafeteria.