- Cruz hits 14th HR, Hernandez pitches Mariners past Angels Updated: May-05-15 2:33 am
ANAHEIM, California - Nelson Cruz and Felix Hernandez are both off to a scintillating start, and that combination was too much for the Los Angeles Angels to overcome.
- Seattle teachers vote to stage 1-day strike Updated: May-05-15 12:55 am
SEATTLE - Teachers in Washington's largest school district - Seattle - have voted to stage a one-day walkout May 19 to dramatize their request that state lawmakers fully fund a voter-approved initiative that would lower the number of students per class.
- King County jail inmate found dead in cell Updated: May-04-15 11:04 pm
KENT, Washington - Officials say a 27-year-old King County jail inmate has been found dead in his cell at the regional justice center in the south Seattle suburb of Kent.
- Conservative Nebraska looks at abolishing death penalty Updated: May-04-15 10:29 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - There's not a lot of sympathy for the 11 men on death row in Nebraska, but spurred by frustration about the growing difficulty and cost of carrying out executions, lawmakers are considering eliminating the death penalty.
- Seattle mayor: Port needs new permit for Arctic oil fleet Updated: May-04-15 9:07 pm
SEATTLE - Mayor Ed Murray threw a wrench into plans for a 400-foot oil-drilling rig to arrive in Seattle when he announced Monday that the Port of Seattle can't host Shell's offshore Arctic fleet until it gets a new land-use permit.
- Jackson put on DL by M's, Beimel back up with big club Updated: May-04-15 8:56 pm
ANAHEIM, California - The Seattle Mariners placed center fielder and leadoff hitter Austin Jackson on the 15-day disabled list because of a sprained right ankle.
- Washington State moving ahead with medical school Updated: May-04-15 5:52 pm
SPOKANE, Washington - Washington State University is moving ahead with plans to launch its own medical school in Spokane, President Elson Floyd said Monday.
- Seattle police: No charges for man stuck in basketball hoop Updated: May-04-15 5:19 pm
SEATTLE - Seattle police say they aren't pursuing charges against a shirtless man with a hammer who managed to get himself stuck in a basketball hoop.
- Seattle cyclist suffers broken leg in collision with bus Updated: May-04-15 12:01 pm
SEATTLE - The Seattle Fire Department says a bicyclist broke his leg in a collision with a King County Metro bus.
- Principal, teacher put on leave in test tampering case Updated: May-04-15 7:46 am
SEATTLE - A teacher and principal are on leave for at least the rest of the school year as Seattle Public Schools officials continue a six-month-long investigation into test tampering at Beacon Hill International School.
- Airliner makes emergency landing at Vancouver airport Updated: May-03-15 11:02 pm
VANCOUVER, British Columbia - A U.S. passenger flight has made an emergency landing at Vancouver International Airport.
- Mariners allow 3 homers in 7-6 loss to Astros Updated: May-03-15 7:56 pm
HOUSTON - The short porch in left field of Minute Maid Park got the best of the Seattle Mariners again Sunday.
- Seattle turns focus to offensive line on final day Updated: May-02-15 8:41 pm
RENTON, Washington - After going two days without addressing their biggest need, the Seattle Seahawks wasted no time turning their attention to the offensive line on the final day of the NFL draft.
- Coach Quinn believes 1st NFL draft with Falcons a success Updated: May-02-15 8:33 pm
- Seattle signs Army vet Nate Boyer as undrafted free agent Updated: May-02-15 8:21 pm
RENTON, Washington - U.S. Army veteran and former Texas long snapper Nate Boyer will get his chance to make an NFL roster in Seattle.
- Seattle police shut down May Day 'riot' when violence erupts Updated: May-02-15 4:08 am
SEATTLE - Black-clad May Day protesters hurled wrenches, rocks and bottles at Seattle police, injuring three officers, and damaged property after an earlier peaceful march in support of immigrants' and workers' rights.
- Seattle needs to address offensive line on final day Updated: May-02-15 3:05 am
RENTON, Washington - The Seattle Seahawks took care of two needs on the second day of the NFL draft but still have to address the gaps on their offensive line.
- All-Star OF Carlos Quentin retires in minors with Mariners Updated: May-02-15 2:45 am
SEATTLE - Carlos Quentin retired Friday after chronic knee injuries cut short his All-Star career.
- May Day demonstrators clash with police in Pacific Northwest Updated: May-02-15 1:44 am
SEATTLE - Demonstrators clashed with police in two cities in the Pacific Northwest late Friday, with marchers throwing rocks and chairs at officers as the evening gatherings spiraled into mayhem.
- Latest on Baltimore protests: Thousands march across US Updated: May-01-15 11:25 pm
11:17 p.m. (EDT)
- Seattle goes with dynamic WR/KR Tyler Lockett Updated: May-01-15 10:18 pm
RENTON, Washington - Moving up in the third round, the Seattle Seahawks selected wide receiver/kick returner Tyler Lockett with the No. 69 pick in the NFL draft.
- The Latest: It's the Ickey Shuffle! Updated: May-01-15 9:10 pm
CHICAGO - 7:52 p.m. (8:52 p.m. EDT)
- Seattle alley: Man's body found; homicide police investigate Updated: May-01-15 7:28 pm
SEATTLE - Seattle police say a man's body was found wrapped in plastic and a sleeping bag and left in an alley in the city's University District.
- Developers file details on proposed Seattle suburb arena Updated: May-01-15 7:22 pm
TUKWILA, Washington - Developers of a privately funded arena in the Seattle suburb of Tukwila have filed an environmental application containing details of the proposed facility.
- Report: Medical choppers not close to school shooting Updated: May-01-15 6:48 pm
EVERETT, Washington - The Daily Herald reports (http://is.gd/cZ0UZ7 ) that officials with UW Medicine are acknowledging no life flight helicopters were near a deadly 2014 school shooting in Marysville, a statement which refutes earlier claims helicopters were hovering over the scene but were waved off by paramedics.