- HKO-WHL-Stdgs Updated: Feb-13-16 8:10 pm
- Former Seattle IRS agent convicted of bribery charge Updated: Feb-13-16 3:07 pm
SEATTLE - Jurors have convicted a former Internal Revenue Service agent of taking a $20,000 bribe from a medical marijuana dispensary owner.
- Cleared after stabbing, ex-UW student wants his life back Updated: Feb-13-16 3:05 am
SEATTLE - In the weeks before Christmas, Jarred Ha agonized over his decision, filling three pages with charts outlining the pros and cons of accepting a plea deal or taking his chances at trial.
- Glaze leads Grand Canyon in win over Seattle 71-60 Updated: Feb-13-16 12:30 am
SEATTLE - Grandy Glaze scoring 16 points on 7 for 12 shooting and grabbed 10 rebounds as Grand Canyon won its third straight, beating Seattle 71-60 Friday night.
- 4 high school students charged with rape Updated: Feb-12-16 9:07 pm
DES MOINES, Washington - Four students at a high school south of Seattle have been charged in the alleged rape of two 15-year-olds during an overnight school field trip.
- Woman's throat cut in Seattle assault; man arrested Updated: Feb-12-16 8:04 pm
SEATTLE - Seattle police have arrested a 62-year-old man after a woman was found with her throat slashed in the South Lake Union neighborhood.
- Shareholders approve merger of Weyerhaeuser, Plum Creek Updated: Feb-12-16 6:51 pm
SEATTLE - Shareholders have approved the merger of timber companies Weyerhaeuser and Plum Creek. The votes at separate meetings in the Seattle area on Friday move the companies toward becoming one of the world's biggest timberland and forest products companies.
- Senate rejects constitutional amendment on tax increases Updated: Feb-12-16 6:50 pm
OLYMPIA, Washington - The state Senate on Friday failed to reach the required vote threshold to send voters a constitutional amendment asking if they want to require a two-thirds supermajority in the Legislature for future tax increases.
- Teens plead not guilty in Seattle homeless camp shooting Updated: Feb-11-16 9:08 pm
SEATTLE - Teenage brothers charged in a drug-related shooting that left two people dead and three wounded at a Seattle homeless camp have pleaded not guilty to murder charges.
- Operator of 'sober' housing arrested on gun, drug charges Updated: Feb-11-16 4:43 pm
SEATTLE - The operator of a "clean and sober" housing facility in Everett has been arrested for investigation of gun and drug charges.
- 2 injured in RV fire at designated homeless parking zone Updated: Feb-11-16 12:46 pm
SEATTLE - The Seattle Fire Department says two people were burned when an accidental fire broke out inside a recreational vehicle at a homeless camp.
- Judge throws out lawsuit against dredging Updated: Feb-10-16 11:19 am
LEWISTON, Idaho - A federal judge in Seattle has ruled in favor of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers and barging advocates in a case that involved dredging on the Snake and Clearwater rivers.
- Seattle transportation projects could get federal money Updated: Feb-10-16 11:17 am
SEATTLE - President Barack Obama's proposed budget includes $1.2 billion toward a proposed light rail line in Washington's Puget Sound area.
- Law enforcement hold drill on Washington state ferry Updated: Feb-10-16 11:13 am
SEATTLE - The Washington State Patrol plans to conduct drills on the Washington State Ferries vessel Hyak on Wednesday.
- Joel Peralta and Mariners agree to minor league contract Updated: Feb-09-16 2:19 pm
SEATTLE - Relief pitcher Joel Peralta has agreed to a minor league contract with the Seattle Mariners and will report to big league spring training.
- Seattle lands spot on top 10 densely populated US cities Updated: Feb-09-16 1:26 pm
SEATTLE - Seattle has cracked the top 10 most densely populated big cities in the United States for the first time in its history.
- King County announces initiatives to curb homelessness Updated: Feb-09-16 1:16 pm
SEATTLE - King County will spend $17 million for initiatives aimed at curbing homelessness with special attention to South and East King County where the number of unsheltered people has been on the rise.
- Agent confirms Seahawks star Marshawn Lynch plans to retire Updated: Feb-08-16 5:09 pm
SEATTLE - When Marshawn Lynch was brought to Seattle early in the 2010 season, he was acquired because the Seahawks desperately needed a running back.
- Officials consider expansion to Seattle water taxi Updated: Feb-08-16 12:12 pm
SEATTLE - Washington's King County is considering expanding a water taxi service in Seattle.
- Tweet from Lynch indicates possible retirement Updated: Feb-08-16 1:01 am
SEATTLE - Marshawn Lynch was at the center of attention in the fourth quarter of the Super Bowl on Sunday night.
- Former Seattle IRS agent to face trial on bribery charge Updated: Feb-07-16 2:38 pm
SEATTLE - A former IRS agent in Seattle is set to face trial this week on accusations that he solicited and received a $20,000 bribe from a medical marijuana dispensary.
- Struggle over Saint Edward: Renovate it, or tear it down? Updated: Feb-07-16 3:05 am
SEATTLE - When developer Kevin Daniels announced plans in August to renovate the badly deteriorated 1931 seminary building at Saint Edward State Park in Kenmore and turn it into a hotel and spa, he said he knew it would involve a lengthy public process and outspoken neighbors who love their park the way it is.
- Seattle beats UMKC 65-55 behind Powell's 17 Updated: Feb-07-16 12:44 am
SEATTLE - William Powell scored 17 points, grabbed 12 rebounds and made six assists as Seattle beat the University of Missouri-Kansas City 65-55 on Saturday night to win its fifth straight.
- Corrections secretary resigns amid early release controversy Updated: Feb-06-16 10:52 pm
SEATTLE - Washington state Corrections Secretary Dan Pacholke resigned on Saturday amid a controversy over the early release of prisoners, telling a Republican senator he hoped his departure would satisfy the "need for blood."
- Anderson leads No. 23 Arizona past Washington 77-72 Updated: Feb-06-16 8:17 pm
SEATTLE - Before Ryan Anderson could escape back into Arizona's locker room, Lorenzo Romar made sure to get his attention.