- Sitel to bring 500 new jobs to Starkville Updated: Aug-25-15 4:08 pm
STARKVILLE, Mississippi - A company that provides customer service workers for contracting clients plans to add 500 jobs at its call center in Starkville.
- Health Dept.: Feral kitten in Starkville got rabies from bat Updated: Aug-21-15 4:56 pm
STARKVILLE, Mississippi - Mississippi health officials say a bat was the source of rabies found in a wild kitten this week in Starkville.
- Starkville aldermen raise sanitation fees Updated: Aug-21-15 4:08 am
STARKVILLE, Mississippi - Beginning Oct. 1, Starkville residents and small business owners will see a slight increase in their monthly sanitation bills.
- Mississippi St guard Stapleton out with knee injury Updated: Aug-20-15 2:05 pm
STARKVILLE, Mississippi - Mississippi State guard Xavian Stapleton is likely out six months following a knee injury.
- MSU hopes to set world record at Cowbell Yell Updated: Aug-19-15 6:12 am
STARKVILLE, Mississippi - After a record football season in 2014, Mississippi State plans to begin 2015 in the same fashion.
- Decision expected next week on superintendent Updated: Aug-18-15 4:08 am
STARKVILLE, Mississippi - The Starkville Oktibbeha school board is expected to decide next Monday the future of the district's superintendent who is in legal trouble.
- Mississippi State has QB Prescott, many other question marks Updated: Aug-17-15 1:02 pm
STARKVILLE, Mississippi - Mississippi State has one of the country's best returning quarterbacks in senior Dak Prescott.
- Cold wet spring makes for later cotton blooms this year Updated: Aug-15-15 3:01 pm
STARKVILLE, Mississippi - The Mississippi State University Extension Service says a cold, wet spring has slowed cotton development by about 10 days this year.
- Columbus' 2016 budget includes 3 percent raise for employees Updated: Aug-13-15 5:31 am
COLUMBUS, Mississippi - Columbus city employees would get a 3 percent pay raise in the upcoming fiscal year if the proposed Fiscal Year 2016 budget is approved.
- Columbus man loses appeal of bribery conviction Updated: Aug-12-15 4:19 am
JACKSON, Mississippi - The state Court of Appeals has denied a denied a new trial to a Columbus man who pleaded guilty to charges he tried to bribe a Starkville police officer.
- No bail for couple accused of trying to join Islamic State Updated: Aug-11-15 11:15 pm
OXFORD, Mississippi - A young Mississippi couple who are charged with attempting to join the Islamic State were ordered held without bail Tuesday, pending federal grand jury action on the charges.
- International Paper Co. gives $2.25M to Mississippi State Updated: Aug-10-15 7:13 pm
STARKVILLE, Mississippi - International Paper Co. has given $2.25 million to Mississippi State to establish an endowment for a faculty chair within the school's James Worth Bagley College of Engineering and create a new controls laboratory in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering.
- Mullen: Mississippi State more experienced than it appears Updated: Aug-07-15 4:36 pm
STARKVILLE, Mississippi - Mississippi State coach Dan Mullen has a complicated relationship with numbers.
- Mississippi State welcomes record number of freshmen Updated: Jul-31-15 6:38 am
STARKVILLE, Mississippi - Mississippi State will start welcoming a record number of freshmen and transfer students next week.
- Starkville employee pay tied into raises for aldermen, mayor Updated: Jul-31-15 4:14 am
STARKVILLE, Mississippi - The Starkville Board of Aldermen has voted to increase the minimum worker pay rate by tying the issue with a salary increase that will boost salaries for the next administration.