- 71 Army reservists depart Starkville for Middle East service Updated: May-01-16 4:31 pm
- MSU boosts fundraising goal to $1 billion by 2020 Updated: Apr-28-16 4:21 pm
STARKVILLE, Mississippi - Mississippi State University is raising the goal of its current fundraising drive to $1 billion by 2020.
- Maureen Ryan named dean at MSU's College of Arts and Letters Updated: Apr-27-16 8:53 pm
HATTIESBURG, Mississippi - The University of Southern Mississippi has appointed Dr. Maureen Ryan as dean of the College of Arts and Letters.
- Mississippi State senior is university's 18th Truman Scholar Updated: Apr-21-16 3:38 am
STARKVILLE, Mississippi - A Mississippi State University senior has earned the nation's most prestigious scholarship for students dedicated to public service.
- 2 universities launch joint Miss. health partnership Updated: Apr-19-16 7:38 am
STARKVILLE, Mississippi - Mississippi State and the University of Mississippi Medical Center have launched a new partnership aimed at addressing the state's health care challenges.
- The Latest: Lawmakers agree to borrow $250 million in bonds Updated: Apr-18-16 9:46 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - The Latest on state borrowing (all times local):
- Mississippi lawmakers agree to borrow $250 million in bonds Updated: Apr-18-16 9:42 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Mississippi state government would borrow $250 million under an agreement between House and Senate negotiators that's headed to the desk of Gov. Phil Bryant.
- Roll call on House passage of $415 million tax cut bill Updated: Apr-18-16 7:12 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - The Mississippi House voted 73-44 Monday to approve a House-Senate plan to cut $415 million in taxes over 12 years. Supporters say the measure will return needed money to taxpayers and spur business growth. Opponents say Mississippi can't afford tax cuts with a revenue shortfall and say tax cuts haven't helped economies of other states. A yes vote was to approve the bill, while a no vote opposed that action. Voting yes were 66 Republicans and seven Democrats. Voting no were 37 Democrats and seven Republicans. Two Democrats voted present, while one Democrat and one Republican did not vote.
- Not much separation in Mississippi State's 4-man QB race Updated: Apr-16-16 4:14 pm
STARKVILLE, Mississippi - Elijah Staley's first wobbly pass in Mississippi State's spring game on Saturday was batted down at the line of scrimmage.
- Mississippi State students protest flying of state flag Updated: Apr-15-16 5:36 pm
STARKVILLE, Mississippi - A group of students at Mississippi State University have issued a list of demands to President Mark Keenum and his administration as part of a protest sparked by the university's continued flying of the state flag.
- Mississippi State receiver Fred Brown dismissed from school Updated: Apr-14-16 12:58 pm
STARKVILLE, Mississippi - Mississippi State receiver Fred Brown has been dismissed from the university.
- Authorities search for missing boa constrictor in Starkville Updated: Apr-07-16 5:30 am
STARKVILLE, Mississippi - Authorities in Starkville say they are searching for a 7-foot-long boa constrictor that went missing from an area home.