- Crews rescue dog that fell down bluffs near Washington city Updated: May-18-15 5:32 pm
PORT ANGELES, Washington - Crews rescued a partially blind dog that fell about 300 feet down a bluff near Port Angeles on Washington's Olympic Peninsula.
- Comments delay Navy expansion of electronic-warfare training Updated: May-17-15 2:01 pm
PORT ANGELES, Washington - The U.S. Forest Service says a flood of public comments is delaying its decision on whether to grant the Navy a permit for expanded electronic-warfare training on the Olympic Peninsula.
- Shell: Company will bring drill rigs to Seattle terminal Updated: May-12-15 11:31 pm
SEATTLE - Despite a Seattle port commission request that Royal Dutch Shell delay any moorage of oil exploration vessels in the city pending further legal review, a Shell spokesman said Tuesday his company will bring its rigs to a terminal as planned to prepare for exploratory drilling in Arctic waters.
- Bears: Remote area of Wash. national park closed to camping Updated: Apr-24-15 11:41 pm
PORT ANGELES, Washington - Olympic National Park says it has closed a remote area to camping after recent visitor reports of black bears approaching hikers and eating human food.
- Olympic national Park visitors increase 10 percent in 2014 Updated: Apr-24-15 9:01 am
PORT ANGELES, Washington - A study by the National Park Service shows that Olympic National Park visitors increased in 2014, contributing $2.6 million to the area economy.