- Seattle mayor: Port needs new permit for Arctic oil fleet Updated: May-04-15 9:07 pm
SEATTLE - Mayor Ed Murray threw a wrench into plans for a 400-foot oil-drilling rig to arrive in Seattle when he announced Monday that the Port of Seattle can't host Shell's offshore Arctic fleet until it gets a new land-use permit.
- Bears: Remote area of Wash. national park closed to camping Updated: Apr-24-15 11:41 pm
PORT ANGELES, Washington - Olympic National Park says it has closed a remote area to camping after recent visitor reports of black bears approaching hikers and eating human food.
- Olympic national Park visitors increase 10 percent in 2014 Updated: Apr-24-15 9:01 am
PORT ANGELES, Washington - A study by the National Park Service shows that Olympic National Park visitors increased in 2014, contributing $2.6 million to the area economy.
- Coast Guard helicopter hit with laser pointer at training Updated: Apr-21-15 8:04 pm
SEATTLE - A Coast Guard helicopter crew conducting a training flight over Fairchild Airport in Port Angeles reportedly suffered a laser strike from an unknown ground source.
- Public comment sought on proposed Makah whale hunt Updated: Apr-21-15 5:13 pm
SEATTLE - Two public meetings will be held in late April about the Makah Tribe's request to resume hunting gray whales off Washington's coast.
- Man receives addition charges in insulin murder case Updated: Apr-20-15 12:50 pm
PORT ANGELES, Washington - A Port Angeles man accused of trying to kill a relative with insulin is facing additional charges.
- Coast Guard cutter Active returns to Port Angeles Updated: Apr-13-15 10:56 am
PORT ANGELES, Washington - The Coast Guard cutter Active has returned to Port Angeles after a 3-month deployment off the coast of Central America.
- Navy-contracted ship loses power in Strait of Juan de Fuca Updated: Apr-11-15 9:23 pm
PORT ANGELES, Washington - The Coast Guard says a Navy-contracted cargo ship is under emergency tow after losing power overnight in the Strait of Juan de Fuca.
- Port Angeles man, 22, arrested following pursuit Updated: Apr-06-15 9:16 am
PORT ANGELES, Washington - The Clallam County Sheriff's Office says deputies have arrested a 22-year-old man following a police pursuit west of Port Angeles.