- State cuts limit services for Caddo juveniles Updated: Apr-20-14 4:40 pm
- DOTD asks Shreveport to open dam's gates Updated: Apr-19-14 5:25 pm
- Shreveport hopes to save bungalow Updated: Apr-19-14 1:13 pm
- Shreveport's Bluebirds soaring into 27th year Updated: Apr-19-14 11:05 am
- Group marking 150th anniversary of Arkansas battle Updated: Apr-17-14 3:48 pm
- US Transportation chief Foxx visits I-49 project Updated: Apr-17-14 4:10 am
- Municipal Auditorium gets a gentle face-lift Updated: Apr-13-14 12:04 pm
- La. names preservationist of the year Updated: Apr-13-14 10:34 am
- Southern president aims for higher standards Updated: Apr-12-14 12:09 pm
- Home Federal Bancorp declares dividend Updated: Apr-12-14 10:19 am
- Bill would name the Bible as Louisiana state book Updated: Apr-10-14 4:56 pm
- Employee arrested, accused of theft Updated: Apr-10-14 4:55 pm
- Financial adviser seeks dismissal of lawsuit Updated: Apr-10-14 10:31 am
- Shreveport council to remarket utility bonds Updated: Apr-09-14 8:31 am
- William Joyce to give keynote to Centenary grads Updated: Apr-09-14 6:31 am
- Louisiana editorial roundup Updated: Apr-08-14 2:28 pm
- Suspect arrested in Shreveport shooting death Updated: Apr-08-14 12:47 pm
- Renovation stalls at Shreveport community center Updated: Apr-05-14 12:15 pm
- Samsung VP: Success from Shreveport upbringing Updated: Apr-05-14 11:04 am
- Restored Municipal Auditorium opens in Shreveport Updated: Apr-04-14 7:10 am
- Body in Red River man missing since March 24 Updated: Apr-03-14 12:39 pm
- Glover to detail Shreveport's summer jobs program Updated: Apr-02-14 4:06 am
- Bill barring anti-gay housing discrimination fails Updated: Mar-31-14 5:22 pm
- Official: Woman apparently was strangled Saturday Updated: Mar-31-14 2:34 pm
- Hurricane season could bring movies back to NW La Updated: Mar-30-14 9:05 pm
SHREVEPORT, Louisiana - Caddo Parish authorities say state cuts left a $2.9 million hole in the juvenile justice system. Director of Juvenile Services Clay Walker tells The Times (http://bit.ly/1jqu9jQ ) that the parish transferred $3.1 million from its Criminal Justice Fund to plug the hole. But he says there's too little money to grow or adapt.
SHREVEPORT, Louisiana - The Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development wants Shreveport to open Cross Lake dam's spillway drawdown gates, but the city is refusing.
SHREVEPORT, Louisiana - Sprague Street once was home to a half dozen late Victorian bungalows.
SHREVEPORT, Louisiana - Well into their third decade, Shreveport's Bluebirds continue to soar into new areas of music.
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - A southern Arkansas group is marking the 150th anniversary of a local Civil War battle with a re-enactment of the Confederate victory, educational programs and what some historians see as a shifting approach to remembering the war that divided a nation.
SHREVEPORT, Louisiana - U.S. Transportation Secretary Anthony Foxx will tour the Interstate 49 North Segment K project Thursday in Shreveport.
SHREVEPORT, Louisiana - Shreveport's grand old lady has received a $5.3 million face-lift befitting its age and stature.
SHREVEPORT, Louisiana - Jean Sayres of Shreveport has been honored as Louisiana preservationist of the year.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Southern University President Ronald Mason says the 134-year-old historically black university needs higher entrance standards.
SHREVEPORT, Louisiana - The board of Home Federal Bancorp Inc. has declared a quarterly dividend of 6 cents per share on the company's common stock.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Lawmakers are moving ahead with a proposal to name the Bible as Louisiana's official state book, despite concerns the bill would land the Legislature in court.
SHREVEPORT, Louisiana - A Shreveport woman has been arrested for felony theft for allegedly stealing nearly $13,000 from her employer while working at a Youree Drive store.
SHREVEPORT, Louisiana - Shreveport's embattled financial adviser is asking a Caddo Parish judge to dismiss with prejudice a city council lawsuit against him seeking the return of more than $53,000 in overbilled services.
SHREVEPORT, Louisiana - The Shreveport City Council will consider plans to remarket more than $87 million in hotel and utility bonds ahead of two deadlines that would increase rates on money the city owes for the Shreveport Convention Center Hotel project and on infrastructure projects started in 2005.
SHREVEPORT, Louisiana - William Joyce of Shreveport's Moonbot Studios is the keynote speaker for Centenary College's spring graduation.
Recent editorials from Louisiana newspapers:
SHREVEPORT, Louisiana - Police say a 41-year-old Shreveport man has been arrested in the shooting death of a woman.
SHREVEPORT, Louisiana - Brown leaves of tropical plants are visible through the windows of the dome conservatory at the R.S. Barnwell Memorial Garden and Art Center along the Red Fiver.
SHREVEPORT, Louisiana - Samsung Telecommunications America's new vice president says his upbringing in Shreveport paved the way for his success.
SHREVEPORT, Louisiana - Shreveport's historic Municipal Auditorium has re-opened in Shreveport after a restoration project.
BENTON, Louisiana - A body found in the Red River has been identified as that of a 22-year-old man who had been missing for more than a week.
SHREVEPORT, Louisiana - Shreveport youth and young adults looking for a summer job, get ready.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Lawmakers rejected a bill Monday that would have prohibited housing discrimination based on sexual orientation or gender identity.
DERIDDER, Louisiana - Beauregard Parish sheriff's spokesman Joe Toler says a preliminary autopsy report indicates that a 40-year-old woman whose body was found Saturday apparently had been strangled.
SHREVEPORT, Louisiana - Shreveport's film liaison says hurricane season is likely to bring feature filmmaking up from the coast and back to northwest Louisiana.