- Shreveport man arrested for stealing from church being built Updated: Nov-25-15 8:47 pm
SHREVEPORT, Louisiana - A Shreveport man has been arrested for stealing items from a church under construction in south Caddo Parish.
- Shreveport public works director resigns Updated: Nov-25-15 9:22 am
SHREVEPORT, Louisiana - Dwan Gilliom, who was hired to take over Shreveport's public works department several months ago, has resigned with less than four months on the job.
- Oil City clerk arrested on theft charge Updated: Nov-23-15 4:26 pm
SHREVEPORT, Louisiana - A town clerk for Oil City has been arrested for allegedly stealing over $24,000.
- Hotel tax passes in Caddo and Bossier parishes Updated: Nov-23-15 8:28 am
SHREVEPORT, Louisiana - Caddo and Bossier residents came together to pass a hotel occupancy tax that is expected to produce more than $1.7 million per year for the area.
- Hotel taxes pass in Caddo-Bossier, Baker Updated: Nov-22-15 11:33 pm
SHREVEPORT, Louisiana - Taxing visitors is a good way to raise money, voters in Baker and in Caddo and Bossier parishes decided. They approved new hotel taxes expected to raise $1.7 million a year in northwest Louisiana and $25,000 to $30,000 annually in Baker.
- Caddo elects 1st black district attorney, prosecutor loses Updated: Nov-22-15 7:07 pm
SHREVEPORT, Louisiana - After Democrat James Stewart Sr. was elected district attorney in Caddo Parish, some of his supporters celebrated by donning T-shirts that read, "We made history!"
- Elio Motors gets OK to sell $25M in stock to small investors Updated: Nov-21-15 6:33 pm
SHREVEPORT, Louisiana - Elio Motors, which wants to build three-wheeled vehicles in Shreveport, says it has won permission to collect $25 million pledged by potential investors.
- Shreveport Police begin 'Click It or Ticket' campaign Updated: Nov-20-15 4:07 am
SHREVEPORT, Louisiana - As the Thanksgiving Holiday approaches, Shreveport Police are urging motorists to buckle up.
- The Latest: Judge rules against LSU effort to remove manager Updated: Nov-19-15 7:06 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - The latest on the lawsuit filed by LSU seeking to remove the manager of hospitals in Shreveport and Monroe (all times local):
- Tree falls on Caddo sheriff's captain's car; minor injuries Updated: Nov-18-15 7:30 pm
SHREVEPORT, Louisiana - A Caddo Parish sheriff's captain escaped with minor injuries after a tree fell on his car while traveling on Louisiana Highway 538.
- Christmas in Roseland introduces new holiday market Updated: Nov-16-15 6:30 am
SHREVEPORT, Louisiana - The American Rose Society is adding a new feature to its Christmas in Roseland light display.
- 1 died, police search for suspect in Shreveport shooting Updated: Nov-11-15 10:10 am
SHREVEPORT, Louisiana - Police are search for a suspect in a shooting that left one man died at a Shreveport motel.
- Caddo Parish wants to plan zoning around I-49 North corridor Updated: Nov-11-15 8:16 am
SHREVEPORT, Louisiana - The Caddo Commission wants to meet with north Caddo residents to discuss how best to use the land along the Interstate 49 North corridor in order to minimize issues from increased traffic and new development.
- Caddo Schools look to fill 110 teaching posts Updated: Nov-11-15 4:06 am
SHREVEPORT, Louisiana - Caddo Parish Schools are looking to fill 110 teaching positions.
- Grambling State trounces Texas Southern, 41-15 Updated: Nov-07-15 9:09 pm
SHREVEPORT, Louisiana - Johnathan Williams threw for 197 yards and three touchdowns to help lead Grambling State to a 41-15 victory over Texas Southern on Saturday.
- Caddo Parish gets $74,200 traffic safety grant Updated: Nov-06-15 4:06 am
SHREVEPORT, Louisiana - Caddo Parish Sheriff Steve Prator says his agency has been awarded $74,200 in federal traffic safety funding through the Louisiana Highway Safety Commission for fiscal year 2016.
- Medical costs for Caddo prisoners expected to increase Updated: Nov-03-15 11:15 am
SHREVEPORT, Louisiana - Medical costs for Caddo Correctional Center prisoners are expected to exceed 2015 budgeted expenditures by $350,000, or 5 percent. That's according to Caddo Commission documents.
- Jury unanimously takes convicted killer off death row Updated: Nov-01-15 7:33 pm
SHREVEPORT, Louisiana - The second jury to convict a Shreveport man of strangling and dismembering an 86-year-old World War II veteran has voted unanimously to take Eric Mickelson off death row and keep him in prison for life.
- 3 Caddo Parish schools facing LHSAA sanctions Updated: Oct-30-15 6:22 pm
SHREVEPORT, Louisiana - Three Caddo Parish high school athletic departments face penalties from the Louisiana High School Athletic Association following an investigation into potential rules violations.
- Caddo Parish Commission unveils $76.7M budget Updated: Oct-30-15 8:21 am
SHREVEPORT, Louisiana - The Caddo Parish Commission's proposed 2016 operating budget totals $76.7 million. That's an increase of 8.3 percent over this year's budget.