- Hit-and-runs spark calls for tougher penalties for drivers Updated: Jul-04-15 4:08 am
ANDERSON, Indiana - Authorities and families of victims are calling for tougher penalties for drivers who flee accident scenes.
- Anderson police say officer shot gunman after he wounded 2 Updated: Jul-03-15 6:22 pm
ANDERSON, Indiana - Police in central Indiana say an officer shot a gunman who had wounded two other men and later fired several shots into the air.
- Parents accused of severe neglect of 2-year-old twins Updated: Jun-30-15 7:52 am
ANDERSON, Indiana - Two parents in central Indiana are accused of neglecting their 2-year-old twins, who police say were taken to a hospital for severe malnutrition.
- Madison County plans 4 sites for needle-exchange program Updated: Jun-27-15 5:58 pm
ANDERSON, Indiana - Health officials are working to open four needle-exchange sites in a central Indiana county after being granted state approval for the program because of disease being spread among intravenous drug users.
- Ex-youth pastor sentenced for misconduct with teenage girl Updated: Jun-23-15 9:19 am
ANDERSON, Indiana - A former youth pastor has been sentenced to 20 years in prison for sexual misconduct with a teenage girl during a central Indiana church conference.
- Ex-firefighter sues over drug tied to compulsive gambling Updated: Jun-22-15 11:38 am
ANDERSON, Indiana - A former Indianapolis firefighter has sued two drug companies, saying they failed to act on reports that a medication she was prescribed for restless leg syndrome causes compulsive behaviors such as gambling.
- Indiana teen fights sentence in sex case with Michigan girl Updated: Jun-20-15 12:47 pm
ELKHART, Indiana - A northern Indiana teenager convicted of having sex with a 14-year-old Michigan girl who lied about her age wants to withdraw his guilty plea to avoid being listed as a sex offender.
- Central Indiana county seeks needle-exchange program Updated: Jun-16-15 4:37 pm
ANDERSON, Indiana - Officials in a central Indiana county declared a public health emergency Tuesday over a growing number of hepatitis C cases and are requesting state approval for starting a needle-exchange program.
- Opponents of proposed reservoir vow to fight commission Updated: Jun-13-15 7:59 pm
ANDERSON, Indiana - Opponents of a proposed $450 million central Indiana reservoir are vowing to continue their efforts to stop the creation of a commission that would handle planning for that project.
- Indiana inmate convicted in fatal stabbing of fellow inmate Updated: Jun-06-15 1:54 pm
ANDERSON, Indiana - A central Indiana prison inmate has been convicted of fatally stabbing a fellow inmate as the two men were fighting in a prison segregation unit.
- Anderson loses $3.5M in federal funds for new bus terminal Updated: Jun-05-15 9:40 am
ANDERSON, Indiana - The city of Anderson has lost $3.5 million in federal funds that would have helped pay for construction of a new downtown bus terminal.