- Sister of slaying suspect says charges are hard to believe Updated: May-05-15 3:04 pm
ANDERSON, Indiana - The sister of a Gary woman accused of killing a baby's mother and trying to pass off the newborn as her own says the charges against her sibling are "a hard pill to swallow."
- Prosecutor: No plea deals for 2 accused of teen's neglect Updated: May-05-15 2:56 pm
ANDERSON, Indiana - A prosecutor has told a judge the state won't offer plea agreements to a central Indiana man and his wife charged with the neglect of a teenage granddaughter found weighing less than 40 pounds.
- Madison Co. prosecutor asked to look into primary ballots Updated: Apr-23-15 3:50 pm
ANDERSON, Indiana - Election officials in a central Indiana county are asking authorities investigate ballots cast in its upcoming Democratic Party primary election,
- Police: Indiana slaying part of elaborate scheme to get baby Updated: Apr-21-15 5:43 pm
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - Samantha Fleming was asleep in the Indiana apartment she shared with her boyfriend and newborn daughter when the doorbell rang April 6. On the other side, police say, was a professionally dressed woman carrying a binder who introduced herself to Fleming's boyfriend as a Department of Child Services worker on a surprise visit.
- Woman charged in Anderson woman's death won't talk to police Updated: Apr-21-15 3:07 pm
ANDERSON, Indiana - Indiana police say a Gary woman charged with murder in the death of an Anderson woman has refused to answer questions from detectives.
- Body found in Gary home identified as missing Anderson woman Updated: Apr-20-15 4:37 pm
GARY, Indiana - A body found wrapped in plastic in a Gary home has been identified as that of a central Indiana woman who vanished with her infant daughter in early April, apparently lured away by a woman claiming to be a child-welfare worker, authorities said.
- Police worry woman suspected in murder-abduction may flee Updated: Apr-19-15 6:08 pm
ANDERSON, Indiana - Police are taking precautions to ensure a woman suspected of killing an Indiana mother in order to steal a 3-week-old infant doesn't flee a hospital in Texas where she is being treated for depression.
- Wet spring slows field preparation for Indiana farmers Updated: Apr-18-15 12:05 pm
ANDERSON, Indiana - Persistent rains earlier this month have prevented Indiana farmers from preparing their fields for planting, and many say the weather could lead to some hectic days ahead.
- Anderson councilman's family won't face criminal charges Updated: Apr-10-15 4:20 pm
ANDERSON, Indiana - Prosecutors say four relatives of an Anderson city councilman won't face criminal charges following an Indiana State Police investigation of alleged voting irregularities.