- Indianapolis school facing scrutiny hires team of attorneys Updated: Feb-06-16 6:05 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - A private Indianapolis school under scrutiny for its handling of allegations that a basketball coach sent sexually explicit messages to a 15-year-old female student has hired a team of attorneys to represent it.
- Data: Indiana had 143 fatal domestic shootings from 2006-14 Updated: Feb-06-16 10:14 am
INDIANAPOLIS - FBI records show that Indiana reported more than 140 domestic violence-related fatal shootings from 2006 through 2014, although the number is likely higher because some of the state's law enforcement agencies didn't report such data.
- Indiana University raises housing costs for next school year Updated: Feb-06-16 4:05 am
INDIANAPOLIS - Indiana University's board of trustees committee has raised the cost of on-campus housing for the next school year.
- Sexting charges against coach puts school under scrutiny Updated: Feb-05-16 5:45 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - An exclusive private school in Indianapolis is under scrutiny over how it handled the allegations that a coach who led the high school boys basketball team to back-to-back state titles sent sexually explicit messages to a 15-year-old female student. Court documents say Park Tudor School officials notified the state child welfare agency the same day the coach quit, but also allowed him to temporarily keep a school computer.
- Suburban Indianapolis teenager sentenced in murder Updated: Feb-05-16 5:29 pm
NOBLESVILLE, Indiana - A teenager from an Indianapolis suburb has been sentenced to 80 years in prison for killing a 73-year-old man.
- 4 life sentences for man in Indianapolis quadruple killing Updated: Feb-05-16 1:34 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - A man pleaded guilty Friday in four drug-related killings after agreeing to a plea deal that will spare him the death penalty in exchange for four consecutive life sentences without parole.
- Woman embarks on project to collect bras for homeless women Updated: Feb-05-16 5:05 am
INDIANAPOLIS - Rachael Heger is no stranger to New Year's resolutions. Each year she makes them - and keeps them. But this year, the year she will be turning 35, she decided to go big.
- Ex-Indiana Gov. Whitcomb, POW in World War II, dies at 98 Updated: Feb-04-16 6:48 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Former Indiana Gov. Edgar Whitcomb, who escaped from a Japanese prisoner camp by swimming overnight during World War II and then made an around-the-world solo sailing trip while in his 70s, has died at age 98.
- Ball State trustee says resignation not linked to president Updated: Feb-04-16 4:16 pm
MUNCIE, Indiana - One of two Ball State University trustees who are stepping down from their positions says the moves have nothing to do with the resignation last week of the school president.
- Federal court rejects convicted financier's sentence appeal Updated: Feb-04-16 3:30 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - A federal appeals court has rejected a former Indianapolis businessman's bid to shorten his 50-year sentence for defrauding thousands of investors of $200 million to finance a lavish lifestyle.
- Indiana culture war over gay rights worries business leaders Updated: Feb-03-16 7:27 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Downtown Indianapolis was once so desolate that men armed with shotguns hunted pigeons on Sundays among empty buildings and a trash-strewn river canal.
- Suit by man accused of killing Indianapolis officer tossed Updated: Feb-03-16 5:36 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - A federal judge in Indianapolis has thrown out a $2.3 million lawsuit filed by a man charged in the killing of a police officer. Among the defendants named in the suit is the officer he allegedly killed.
- Indiana delegation asks Obama to act on Congolese adoptions Updated: Feb-03-16 5:19 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Indiana's congressional delegation is urging President Barack Obama to prod the president of Congo to allow hundreds of legally adopted orphaned children to join their new families in the United States.
- IndyCar puts safety at top of priority list entering 2016 Updated: Feb-02-16 6:31 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - IndyCar officials are trying to make racing safer and more appealing in 2016.
- The Latest: Chamber head says gay-rights failure hurts state Updated: Feb-02-16 5:52 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - The Latest on the decision of Indiana Republican lawmakers to abandon efforts this year to extend anti-discrimination laws to include sexual orientation (all times local):
- Indiana AG sues 3 companies in alleged tax-sale scheme Updated: Feb-02-16 5:28 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Indiana is suing three out-of-state companies for allegedly orchestrating a scheme that bilked dozens of state residents out of millions of dollars after their homes were sold in tax sales.
- Honda agrees to new deal with IndyCar as engine supplier Updated: Feb-02-16 2:24 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - A rough 2015 season couldn't chase Honda out of IndyCar racing.
- Irving leads Cavaliers to rare win at Indiana, 111-106 in OT Updated: Feb-01-16 11:17 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Cleveland's Kyrie Irving spent the break between regulation and overtime urging his teammates to close out Monday night.
- Indiana man gets 27 months in international spam case Updated: Feb-01-16 4:06 pm
PITTSBURGH - An Indiana man who helped send millions of illegal spam messages to U.S. and international cellphones and computers has been sentenced to 27 months in federal prison by a federal judge in Pennsylvania.
- Classes resume as school where principal was killed by bus Updated: Feb-01-16 9:21 am
INDIANAPOLIS - Students are back in classes at an Indianapolis school where its principal was struck and killed by a bus after pushing students to safety.
- State accepting applications for state-funded pre-K program Updated: Feb-01-16 8:31 am
INDIANAPOLIS - Families from five Indiana counties can now register for a chance to get grants for a state-funded prekindergarten program next school year.
- Indianapolis firefighters help care for 22 abandoned puppies Updated: Feb-01-16 8:26 am
INDIANAPOLIS - An Indianapolis fire station received an unexpected weekend delivery when someone left nearly two dozen puppies on its doorstep.
- IU students question school accepting Koch foundation grant Updated: Feb-01-16 8:18 am
BLOOMINGTON, Indiana - Some Indiana University students are questioning a $210,000 research grant a professor has accepted from a foundation tied to the conservative billionaire Koch brothers.
- Funeral scheduled for Indianapolis principal struck by bus Updated: Feb-01-16 8:09 am
INDIANAPOLIS - Mourners are remembering an Indianapolis elementary school principal who was struck and killed by a school bus while pushing students to safety.
- Visitation held for Indianapolis principal killed by bus Updated: Feb-01-16 8:09 am
INDIANAPOLIS - Friends, family and students past and present are paying their final respects to an Indianapolis principal who was struck and killed by a school bus while pushing students to safety.