- Butler student awards little wishes to kids with cancer Updated: Oct-13-15 3:47 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Liz Niemiec remembers seeing the little boy in the casket, his tiny hands clutching a picture of his beloved dog. That dog was the one thing that brought him happiness in the final weeks of his life.
- Indianapolis officials approve $1.1B budget for 2016 Updated: Oct-13-15 7:48 am
INDIANAPOLIS - Indianapolis officials have approved a $1.1 billion budget allocating money to hire police officers, fund preschool education and pay for stormwater infrastructure projects.
- Indiana attorney general attending Mexico City conference Updated: Oct-13-15 4:01 am
INDIANAPOLIS - Indiana's attorney general is traveling to Mexico City for a conference discussing issues such as human trafficking, drug trafficking and online privacy crimes.
- Sandra Spuzich, 1966 US Women's Open golf winner, dies Updated: Oct-12-15 5:19 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Sandra Spuzich, the 1966 U.S. Women's Open champion who won six other LPGA Tour titles, has died. She was 78.
- Colts QB Andrew Luck a full participant at practice for Pats Updated: Oct-12-15 4:00 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Colts quarterback Andrew Luck was a full participant in Monday's practice for the first time in two weeks, though his availability for this weekend's showdown with New England remains unknown.
- Longtime Indiana horse racing commission leader ousted Updated: Oct-12-15 3:26 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - The chairman of the Indiana Horse Racing Commission said Monday that the agency is "at a crossroads" following the ouster of its longstanding executive director by state officials who are looking for new ways to revive the sport's popularity.
- Eli Lilly to stop study of heart disease drug evacetrapib Updated: Oct-12-15 11:29 am
INDIANAPOLIS - Shares of Eli Lilly plunged Monday after the drugmaker said it would stop developing a heart disease treatment that had advanced deep into clinical testing.
- Indiana lawyers says they're not bound to report child abuse Updated: Oct-12-15 11:17 am
INDIANAPOLIS - Some child welfare officials say there could be dangerous fallout from an Indiana State Bar Association committee's opinion that lawyers aren't bound by a state law requiring anyone who suspects child abuse to immediately report it.
- Police in Indiana find $1 million in counterfeit items Updated: Oct-11-15 3:46 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Authorities say they've found more than $1 million worth of counterfeit merchandise in an Indianapolis storage unit that they suspect a gang was using to receive and distribute items across the U.S.
- Lines being drawn for Indiana's next fight over LGBT rights Updated: Oct-11-15 2:20 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Months after a divisive religious objections law thrust Indiana into an unwanted national spotlight, gay rights supporters and religious conservatives are preparing for another potentially bitter debate - this time over enshrining LGBT protections into state law.
- Indianapolis man sentenced for stealing ambulance Updated: Oct-10-15 5:38 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - A 46-year-old Indianapolis man has been sentenced for his part in an escapade that involved stealing an ambulance and leading police on a chase that ended in a waffle house parking lot.
- Woman stops intruder with medieval combat skills, sword Updated: Oct-10-15 4:18 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - An Indiana woman says her training in medieval combat helped her corner a home intruder.
- Nurse unionization push stalls at IU Health hospitals Updated: Oct-10-15 10:25 am
INDIANAPOLIS - The efforts to unionize more than 3,900 nurses at three Indiana University Health hospitals have stalled.
- Colts focused more on winning games than The Streak Updated: Oct-09-15 3:34 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - The Streak evokes all sorts of reactions inside the Colts' locker room.
- Coroner's office: 2nd child dies after Indianapolis crash Updated: Oct-09-15 12:36 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Authorities say a second child has died from his injuries following a crash that also killed the boy's father and a fellow student at Indianapolis Junior Academy.
- Congress marks 60th anniversary of Indiana championship team Updated: Oct-09-15 7:23 am
INDIANAPOLIS - Two federal lawmakers representing Indiana are among those honoring the 60th anniversary of an Indianapolis high school's historic championship basketball team.
- High Court upholds felony charges in synthetic drug case Updated: Oct-09-15 2:57 am
INDIANAPOLIS - The Indiana Supreme Court has upheld the felony charges against an Indianapolis business owner accused of selling synthetic drugs.
- Indiana U. fraternity charter revoked over explicit video Updated: Oct-08-15 6:36 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Alpha Tau Omega revoked the charter and closed its Indiana University chapter Thursday following the release of a video purportedly showing a fraternity member performing a sex act on a woman.
- When grave robbers prowled Indianapolis Updated: Oct-08-15 5:01 am
INDIANAPOLIS - Grave robbing, body snatching, call it what you will: It happened, and it had to happen - not to satisfy the urges of sickos (not entirely, anyway) but because medical students in order to study human bodies needed human bodies.
- Purdue seeks leader for its newly formed charter high school Updated: Oct-08-15 4:00 am
INDIANAPOLIS - Purdue University is searching for a leader to helm its new charter high school that will boast a science- and math-focused curriculum.
- Environmental group targets Indiana's right-to-farm laws Updated: Oct-07-15 5:56 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - An environmental group is challenging the constitutionality of Indiana's right-to-farm laws on behalf of two rural families who say the stench wafting from a large hog farm west of Indianapolis is making their homes unlivable.
- 3 injured Colts stay behind, but Luck heads to Houston Updated: Oct-07-15 4:20 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Colts quarterback Andrew Luck made the trip to Houston but three of his teammates stayed home.
- Pacers add rookie Kadeem Jack to training camp roster Updated: Oct-07-15 2:14 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - The Indiana Pacers signed former Rutgers start Kadeem Jack on Wednesday.
- With Luck hurting, Hasselbeck ill, Colts re-sign quarterback Updated: Oct-07-15 12:28 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - The Colts re-signed quarterback Josh Johnson on Wednesday as Andrew Luck recovers from an injured right shoulder.
- Investor-owned gas utilities forecast lower hearing bills Updated: Oct-06-15 5:50 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Three major Indiana investor-owned natural gas utilities are projecting significantly lower heating bills this winter as long as the weather is normal