- Indiana lawmakers won't study LGBT protections this summer Updated: May-28-15 7:19 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Indiana lawmakers won't spend the summer discussing whether to grant statewide civil rights protections to lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender residents despite lingering fallout over a new religious objections law.
- Girls Pint Out co-founder gets about 6 months in prison Updated: May-28-15 8:03 am
INDIANAPOLIS - A 30-year-old Indianapolis woman who helped found women's social club Girls Pint Out will spend about six months in prison after pleading guilty to felony charges earlier this year.
- Lawsuit says Mourdock gave chief deputy 3-year contract Updated: May-28-15 8:03 am
INDIANAPOLIS - A lawsuit claims former state Treasurer Richard Mourdock gave his chief deputy a three-year, $300,000 contract before he resigned from office last year.
- Indiana securities commissioner resigns, no reason cited Updated: May-28-15 7:54 am
INDIANAPOLIS - Indiana Securities Commissioner Carol Mihalik has resigned.
- Man gets 20 years for killing woman, removing her eyes Updated: May-28-15 5:12 am
INDIANAPOLIS - An Indianapolis man has been sentenced to 20 years in prison after pleading guilty to accusations that he killed a woman and removed her eyeballs.
- Indianapolis mobile home operator accused of discrimination Updated: May-27-15 9:41 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - The operator of an Indianapolis mobile home park is facing a discrimination lawsuit alleging it discouraged minorities and people with disabilities from renting homes.
- Indianapolis signs 1st-round draft pick Phillip Dorsett Updated: May-27-15 6:59 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Receiver Phillip Dorsett has a lot of work to do this offseason.
- Indy 500 champ, rookie of year fined for race infractions Updated: May-27-15 6:26 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Indy 500 rookie of the year Gabby Chaves has been fined $10,000 and put on probation for six races after hitting a crew member with his car in Sunday's race. Half of the fine was suspended.
- Man dies after firefighters pull him from Indianapolis blaze Updated: May-27-15 3:04 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Indianapolis firefighters say a 51-year-old man has died after being pulled from a house fire.
- IndyCar driver James Hinchcliffe released from hospital Updated: May-27-15 12:32 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - IndyCar driver James Hinchcliffe was released from the hospital Wednesday, nine days after his wreck during Indianapolis 500 practice left him with a life-threatening leg injury.
- Boy, 12, dies after getting pulled from Indianapolis pool Updated: May-27-15 7:35 am
INDIANAPOLIS - Authorities say a 12-year-old boy has died after being pulled from a pool at an Indianapolis apartment complex.
- Man found in Lake Freeman after lawn-mowing accident dies Updated: May-27-15 4:02 am
MONTICELLO, Indiana - A northern Indiana man found in Lake Freeman after a lawn-mowing accident has died.
- IndyCar's Hildebrand: Girlfriend's lost heirloom ring found Updated: May-26-15 6:25 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Indianapolis 500 driver JR Hildebrand says a hotel has located his girlfriend's lost heirloom ring.
- Police: Ex-death row inmate Cooper dead of apparent suicide Updated: May-26-15 4:30 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - An Indiana woman who was once the nation's youngest person on death row but whose sentence was eventually commuted to a prison term was found dead in Indianapolis on Tuesday.
- Pence names ex-journalist, PR executive communications chief Updated: May-26-15 4:02 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - A former journalist and veteran public relations executive has been named communications director for Gov. Mike Pence.
- Conor Daly to replace James Hinchcliffe in Detroit Updated: May-26-15 10:32 am
INDIANAPOLIS - Conor Daly will replace James Hinchcliffe for this weekend's doubleheader in Detroit.
- Indianapolis mayor to present Reggie Wayne with key to city Updated: May-26-15 10:20 am
- Boy, 3, hit by vehicle near Indianapolis children's museum Updated: May-26-15 4:20 am
INDIANAPOLIS - Authorities say a 3-year-old boy is in critical condition after being struck by a vehicle outside The Children's Museum of Indianapolis.
- Indianapolis mayor to be grand marshal of Pride parade Updated: May-26-15 4:02 am
INDIANAPOLIS - The mayor of Indianapolis who backed the lesbian-gay-bisexual-transgender community amid the uproar over Indiana's religious objections law has been named grand marshal of a parade celebrating the group.
- Montoya earns $2.4 million for Indy 500 win Updated: May-25-15 11:02 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Juan Pablo Montoya was all smiles at the victory banquet Monday night where he celebrated his second Indy 500 win in three tries.
- Gabby Chaves is Indy 500 Rookie of the Year Updated: May-25-15 6:29 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Gabby Chaves was selected as the Indianapolis 500 Rookie of the Year on Monday after finishing 16th in the race on Sunday.
- Montoya gives IndyCar the Indianapolis 500 it needed Updated: May-25-15 5:00 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Extra! Extra! Juan Pablo Montoya still had to pay $2 to read all about it.
- 176 people arrested during Indy 500 weekend, down from 2014 Updated: May-25-15 3:41 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Authorities say 176 people were arrested at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway over race weekend, mostly for alcohol-related infractions, marking a 17 percent drop from a year ago.
- Legal pot use in other states can cause issues in Indiana Updated: May-25-15 12:05 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Indiana residents who smoke marijuana legally in states that allow it could face prosecution or firing once they're home even if they aren't intoxicated.
- Excise police arrest 176 during race weekend, down from 2014 Updated: May-25-15 11:59 am
INDIANAPOLIS - Indiana Excise Police say they arrested 176 minors and adults for mostly alcohol-related infractions at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway over race weekend. That's down about 17 percent from a year ago.