- Prosecutor believes bus driver fell asleep before crash Updated: Aug-01-15 4:10 pm
GARY, Indiana - A central Indiana prosecutor says he believes the driver of a Gary church bus that crashed on an interstate killing a 6-year-old and sending 11 others to hospitals fell asleep while driving.
- Indiana nears agreement on public-private rail partnership Updated: Aug-01-15 1:34 pm
- Indianapolis opens training camp with big expectations Updated: Aug-01-15 1:26 pm
ANDERSON, Indiana - Andrew Luck was tired of watching his friends report to training camp. By Saturday, the Colts' now clean-shaven quarterback couldn't wait any longer.
- Drop in number of new teachers could get state review Updated: Jul-31-15 4:19 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Two leading sponsors of many recent Indiana education overhaul measures now want the Legislature to consider steps for possibly stemming the state's declining number of new teachers.
- Police say man died after crash while texting on motorcycle Updated: Jul-31-15 3:34 pm
FRANKFORT, Indiana - State police say a 43-year-old Indianapolis man died from injuries sustained after he crashed his motorcycle while he was texting.
- Pence asks for disaster declaration in 53 Indiana counties Updated: Jul-31-15 2:47 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Gov. Mike Pence and Sen. Joe Donnelly are asking the U.S. agriculture secretary to declare 53 of Indiana's 92 counties disaster areas because of crop damage and losses caused by flooding and excessive rain.
- Lawmaker seeks review of central Indiana reservoir proposal Updated: Jul-31-15 10:52 am
ANDERSON, Indiana - The proposed construction of a $450 million reservoir on the White River in central Indiana should be reviewed by a state legislative committee, according to a lawmaker opposed to the project.
- 8 rescued after Indianapolis Zoo Skyline ride malfunctions Updated: Jul-31-15 7:10 am
INDIANAPOLIS - Eight people including at least three children have been rescued after the Indianapolis Zoo's Skyline ride left them stranded for about two hours in a cart 30 feet in the air.
- Indianapolis' oldest African-American-owned bar to move Updated: Jul-31-15 4:17 am
INDIANAPOLIS - The city's oldest African-American-owned bar - the place where politicians and police officers go to share secrets - will close its doors on North Senate Avenue on Saturday.
- Indiana clears Planned Parenthood of wrongdoing after videos Updated: Jul-30-15 7:34 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Indiana on Thursday cleared Planned Parenthood facilities that perform abortions in the state of any wrongdoing in the handling of fetal tissue.
- Indiana convention's CEO calls for broader LGBT protections Updated: Jul-30-15 7:20 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - The CEO of a massive gamers' convention that threatened to leave Indiana earlier this year over a divisive religious objections law said Thursday that organizers are "shopping the show" to other cities and could relocate if lawmakers don't expand protections for gays and lesbians.
- IndyCar president of competition Walker resigns Updated: Jul-30-15 5:27 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - IndyCar president of competition Derrick Walker took the fall Thursday for technical issues that have plagued the series this year and said he'll resign his position at the end of the season.
- Indiana Sports Corp. to honor Condoleezza Rice's youth work Updated: Jul-30-15 3:40 am
INDIANAPOLIS - The Indiana Sports Corp. has selected former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice to receive its 2015 Pathfinder Award.
- Pence picks prominent Democrat as development agency chief Updated: Jul-29-15 6:04 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Republican Gov. Mike Pence on Wednesday named a prominent Democrat to lead Indiana's business-recruitment agency, adding a degree of bipartisanship to his administration ahead of what is expected to be a tough re-election campaign.
- State Police: Bus in fatal crash hadn't registered for trip Updated: Jul-29-15 4:55 pm
GREENFIELD, Indiana - A church bus that overturned near Indianapolis this week, killing a 6-year-old and injuring several others, lacked a required federal registration needed for its planned out-of-state trip, Indiana State Police said Wednesday.
- IUPUI athletics director resigning after 19 years in job Updated: Jul-29-15 4:33 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - The athletics director who oversaw IUPUI's move into NCAA Division I sports is stepping down after 19 years in the position.
- Purdue Extension concentrating state fair farm programs Updated: Jul-29-15 4:11 am
INDIANAPOLIS - Purdue Extension will concentrate its agriculture exhibits in a single spot during next month's Indiana State Fair.
- Authorities warn about jury duty scam telephone calls Updated: Jul-29-15 3:37 am
INDIANAPOLIS - Authorities in central Indiana are warning people about a scam in which people get a phone call from someone demanding payment to avoid a warrant or arrest for failing to appear for jury duty.
- Man accused of abducting teen to be extradited to New Mexico Updated: Jul-28-15 4:55 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - A Rio Rancho man accused of abducting a 16-year-old girl and taking her to Indiana will be extradited back to New Mexico.
- Pence touts Indiana charter school expansion Updated: Jul-28-15 4:34 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Gov. Mike Pence touted a charter school expansion Tuesday that will dramatically increase the number of the privately run facilities in Indiana.
- Recent editorials published in Indiana newspapers Updated: Jul-28-15 8:08 am
The Herald Times (Bloomington). July 23, 2015
- Hollywood to tell the story of the USS Indianapolis Updated: Jul-28-15 5:12 am
INDIANAPOLIS - The story of the USS Indianapolis has been often told.
- Column: NASCAR blew it on Indy rules package Updated: Jul-27-15 6:05 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Run, NASCAR, don't walk, back to the drawing board to figure out how to liven up racing. The rules package used for the Brickyard 400 was a failure no matter how the race is dissected.
- Colts continue fine-tuning roster along offensive line Updated: Jul-27-15 4:50 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - The Indianapolis Colts are still trying to firm up their offensive line.
- Former Colts QB Trudeau charged with drunken driving Updated: Jul-27-15 3:27 pm
ZIONSVILLE, Indiana - Former Indianapolis Colts quarterback Jack Trudeau has been arrested on preliminary charges of operating while intoxicated, public intoxication and intimidating a police officer.