- Trump, Clinton all but certain to face off in fall campaign Updated: May-04-16 7:20 am
INDIANAPOLIS - Once dismissed as a fringe contender, businessman Donald Trump now is all but certain to lead the Republican Party into the fall presidential campaign against Democratic front-runner Hillary Clinton - a stunning political triumph for a first-time candidate whose appeal to frustrated voters was widely underestimated.
- Weather service confirms weak tornado in western Indiana Updated: May-04-16 6:40 am
LINDEN, Indiana - The National Weather Service has confirmed a weak tornado touched down briefly in western Indiana on Sunday.
- Trump virtually clinches Republican presidential nomination Updated: May-04-16 1:07 am
INDIANAPOLIS - In a stunning triumph for a political outsider, Donald Trump all but clinched the Republican presidential nomination Tuesday with a resounding victory in Indiana that knocked rival Ted Cruz out of the race and cleared Trump's path to a likely November face-off with Democratic front-runner Hillary Clinton.
- Wealthy newcomer grabs US House nod, while Trump, Young win Updated: May-03-16 11:06 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - A wealthy political newcomer and a state senator won the Republican primaries for Indiana's two open congressional seats on Tuesday as Donald Trump scored a big victory in the presidential race and Rep. Todd Young captured the GOP's Senate nomination.
- The Latest: Sanders gets delegate boost; challenge remains Updated: May-03-16 10:47 pm
WASHINGTON - The Latest on campaign 2016 as voters in Indiana head to the polls for the state primary (all times Eastern):
- Butler assistant Michael Lewis joining Miles' Nebraska staff Updated: May-03-16 7:08 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Michael Lewis is leaving his assistant coaching job at Butler to take the same position at Nebraska under Tim Miles.
- George's return has Pacers dreaming of brighter future Updated: May-02-16 5:48 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - The Indiana Pacers turned what was supposed to be a transitional season into one filled with promise.
- Colts waive former draft pick, add 21 undrafted rookies Updated: May-02-16 5:35 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - The Indianapolis Colts signed 21 undrafted rookies and waived four players Monday, including center-guard Khaled Holmes.
- Clinton blasts Pence, new abortion law in Indianapolis Updated: May-01-16 3:10 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Hillary Clinton is taking aim at Indiana Gov. Mike Pence and the GOP-dominated Legislature while alluding to the state's recent abortion restrictions law.
- Southwestern Indiana counties hope to spur I-69 development Updated: May-01-16 12:48 pm
EVANSVILLE, Indiana - Officials in two southwestern Indiana counties are hoping to spur development along the Interstate 69 extension by installing infrastructure along its exits to attract businesses that so far haven't followed the partially built interstate.
- Colts continue stocking defense during 3rd day of NFL draft Updated: Apr-30-16 8:16 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - The Indianapolis Colts made some big upgrades on draft weekend.
- Colts hope to have new deal with Luck before training camp Updated: Apr-30-16 5:31 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Colts owner Jim Irsay said Saturday that negotiations on Andrew Luck's contract extension are getting serious and a deal could be reached before training camp begins.
- Correction: Notre Dame-Indianapolis story Updated: Apr-29-16 6:45 pm
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - In a story April 25 about the University of Notre Dame, The Associated Press reported erroneously that the school was taking over five schools in the Archdiocese of Indianapolis through its Alliance for Catholic Education program. The university says it is entering into a partnership with the schools.
- Protesters march against Carrier moving work to Mexico Updated: Apr-29-16 6:19 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Several hundred people gathered at the Indiana Statehouse on Friday to protest air conditioning giant Carrier Corp.'s decision to move 1,400 jobs from the state to Mexico to save money.
- Cruz gets Indiana governor's endorsement Updated: Apr-29-16 4:49 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - In a setback for Donald Trump, Indiana's governor endorsed the front-runner's chief rival, Ted Cruz, on Friday, injecting new drama into the state's critical Republican primary contest just days before voters head to the polls.
- Indianapolis house explosion suspect wants trial moved Updated: Apr-29-16 4:39 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - A fourth suspect in a house explosion that killed two people and devastated an Indianapolis neighborhood has requested that his trial be moved from the city.
- Cruz continues Indiana push, as unions protest plant closing Updated: Apr-29-16 9:14 am
INDIANAPOLIS - Republican Ted Cruz continues his presidential campaign push across Indiana ahead of next week's primary while several top state Democrats are expected at a labor union protest.
- IUPUI back to normal after emergency order due to robbery Updated: Apr-29-16 7:21 am
INDIANAPOLIS - Officials at Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis say campus can return to normal activities after they issued a take-shelter order when an armed robbery was reported.
- Tornado damages barn, 2 homes northwest of Indianapolis Updated: Apr-28-16 6:01 pm
ZIONSVILLE, Indiana - Authorities say a tornado damaged two homes and a metal barn northwest of Indianapolis.
- Shall I compare thee to a carburetor? Indy 500 gets a poet Updated: Apr-28-16 1:30 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - An Indiana University student who is a poet and a performer has been named the Indianapolis 500's first official poet since the early 20th century.
- Ford plant, courthouse on list of endangered Indiana sites Updated: Apr-28-16 12:49 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - A Ford plant in Indianapolis and the Washington County courthouse are among ten sites on Indiana Landmarks' annual list of most endangered buildings.
- NCAA board OKs anti-discrimination measure for event bidding Updated: Apr-27-16 10:08 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - The NCAA Board of Governors adopted an anti-discrimination measure Wednesday that would affect the way the governing body evaluates bids to host sporting events.
- Ted Cruz taps Carly Fiorina to serve as running mate Updated: Apr-27-16 5:28 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - In need of momentum after a five-state shutout, Republican presidential candidate Ted Cruz on Wednesday tapped former technology executive Carly Fiorina - a woman he said has repeatedly "shattered glass ceilings" - to serve as his running mate.
- Serenity Now: Gardens, 100-acre park at Indianapolis Museum Updated: Apr-27-16 5:03 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - There's a lot going on in Indianapolis this spring, between the presidential primary and the Indy 500. For visitors or locals looking to get away from the hubbub, consider a visit to the gardens and nature park on the campus of the Indianapolis Museum of Art. The grounds include an unusual outdoor space for contemplation called "Park of the Laments."
- Stewart focuses on 'fun' after NASCAR fine, policy change Updated: Apr-27-16 4:18 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Tony Stewart kept his thoughts to himself after NASCAR beefed up the penalties for using fewer than five lug nuts on each wheel during a race.