- WWII veteran from upstate NY gets Purple Heart Updated: Mar-09-14 4:14 pm
- Justin Kaplan, Bartlett's editor, dead at 88 Updated: Mar-04-14 11:31 am
- Struggling Pistons beat slumping Knicks 96-85 Updated: Mar-03-14 11:36 pm
- Officers cleared in fatal shooting in central NY Updated: Mar-02-14 4:50 pm
- NYC is removing 400 kids from 2 homeless shelters Updated: Feb-21-14 2:11 pm
- Cops: 2 stole bar's ATM, dumped it in NY cemetery Updated: Feb-12-14 6:55 am
AUBURN, New York - An 89-year-old World War II veteran who survived a plane crash over France seven decades ago has finally received his Purple Heart.
NEW YORK - Justin Kaplan, an author and cultural historian with a taste for troublemaking who wrote a definitive, Pulitzer Prize-winning biography of Mark Twain and spiced the popular canon as general editor of Bartlett's Familiar Quotations, died Sunday night at age 88.
AUBURN HILLS, Michigan - Andre Drummond had his best night on the boards.
AUBURN, New York - A Cayuga County grand jury has found that two police officers were justified in the fatal shooting of a man who broke into his estranged wife's home and threatened police with a meat cleaver.
NEW YORK - New York City is removing about 400 children from two homeless shelters where inspectors have repeatedly found a range of hazards.
AUBURN, New York - Authorities have charged with men with stealing an automatic teller machine from a central New York bar and dumping it in a historic cemetery after removing all the cash.