- Local ban nullified by Texas; fracking resumes in Denton Updated: May-22-15 8:28 pm
DENTON, Texas - A North Texas city whose fracking ban prompted state lawmakers to limit such local power says a driller has revealed plans to resume fracking gas wells in the city.
- New Texas law bans cities from banning fracking, drilling Updated: May-18-15 8:02 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Republican Texas Gov. Greg Abbott has signed into law a prohibition on cities and towns imposing local ordinances preventing fracking and other potentially environmentally harmful oil and natural gas activities.
- Sally Beauty confirms second data breach Updated: May-14-15 8:13 am
DENTON, Texas - The Sally Beauty chain confirmed Thursday that it has suffered its second data breach in just over two years.
- North Texans stranded by floodwaters rescued by helicopter Updated: May-11-15 12:26 am
KRUM, Texas - Officials say two groups of people in North Texas had to be rescued by helicopters after rising floodwaters left them stranded.
- AP top news in Iowa at 3:58 p.m. CDT Updated: May-10-15 6:02 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - Forecasters say severe storms are possible across most of Iowa and eastern Nebraska on Sunday.
- No injuries in natural gas well fire in Denton, blaze out Updated: May-08-15 7:17 am
DENTON, Texas - A natural gas well fire in North Texas has been put out as authorities try to determine whether lightning sparked the blaze.
- 2 injured in helicopter crash in Denton Updated: May-07-15 8:01 am
DENTON, Texas - A flight instructor and a student pilot were injured after their helicopter crashed into trees in Denton.
- North Texas star forward Eboniey Jeter found dead in dorm Updated: May-05-15 9:16 pm
DENTON, Texas - Forward Eboniey Jeter, who led the North Texas Mean Green women's basketball squad in shooting percentage last season, has been found dead in her dorm room. She was 21.
- Sally Beauty meets 2Q profit forecasts Updated: May-05-15 2:31 pm
DENTON, Texas - Fiscal second-quarter earnings rose more than 5 percent for Sally Beauty Holdings Inc., as improved sales growth from established stores helped the retailer's performance.