- Man gets 5 years in Iowa prison for stealing lottery tickets Updated: Jul-31-15 10:56 am
MASON CITY, Iowa - A 25-year-old Clear Lake man has been given five years in prison for stealing Iowa lottery tickets.
- FBI says Iowa credit union robbery linked to 'AK-47 Bandit' Updated: Jul-30-15 12:16 am
MASON CITY, Iowa - Federal authorities believe a man who used an assault rifle to rob a credit union in Iowa is the "AK-47 Bandit" believed to have held up banks in several states and wounded a police officer in California.
- Drenching rain strands motorists in northern Iowa county Updated: Jul-24-15 9:28 am
MASON CITY, Iowa - A drenching storm has stranded motorists and flooded streets in northern Iowa's Cerro Gordo County.
- Iowan convicted of murder says victim wanted to be killed Updated: Jul-23-15 9:40 am
MASON CITY, Iowa - A 45-year-old inmate convicted of murder 17 years ago in Mason City has filed another appeal, saying the victim was suicidal and wanted to be killed.
- Judge blocks demolition of house in Mason City Updated: Jul-23-15 8:49 am
MASON CITY, Iowa - A judge has blocked efforts in Mason City to demolish a house that officials have deemed a public nuisance.
- Workers demolish Mason City building that housed restaurant Updated: Jul-17-15 9:32 am
MASON CITY, Iowa - Workers have demolished a building in Mason City that once housed a popular restaurant.
- Iowa man accused of beating dog with hammer to stand trial Updated: Jul-15-15 11:43 am
MASON CITY, Iowa - A Mason City man accused of using a hammer to beat his dog has pleaded not guilty to animal torture.
- Low oxygen levels blamed for fish kill in northern Iowa pond Updated: Jul-12-15 3:05 pm
MASON CITY, Iowa - Fish are dying in a northern Iowa pond because of low oxygen levels caused by an algae bloom.
- Iowan gets probation for cashing counterfeit payroll checks Updated: Jul-03-15 8:28 am
MASON CITY, Iowa - A Des Moines woman has been given three years of probation and been told to pay nearly $1,900 in restitution for cashing counterfeit payroll checks in northern Iowa.