- 24-year-old man dies in Mason City house fire Updated: May-02-16 1:35 pm
MASON CITY, Iowa - A 24-year-old man has died in a Mason City house fire that was started by unattended food cooking on a stove.
- Tiny Nebraska town says no to 1,100 jobs, citing way of life Updated: May-02-16 9:49 am
NICKERSON, Nebraska - Half-ton pickup trucks crowd the curb outside the One Horse Saloon, a neon Coors Light sign in the window and rib-eye steaks on the menu, but otherwise Nickerson, Nebraska, is nearly silent on a spring evening, with only rumbling freight trains interrupting bird songs.
- Proposed Iowa hog-processing plant draws opposition Updated: Apr-30-16 1:27 pm
MASON CITY, Iowa - A proposed hog-processing plant in northern Iowa is drawing opposition from some residents.
- Minnesota woman accused of counterfeit Iowa prescriptions Updated: Apr-29-16 8:37 am
MASON CITY, Iowa - Iowa authorities have charged a Minnesota woman with counterfeiting prescriptions.
- Man gets 20 years for robbery, stabbing in Eagle Grove Updated: Apr-29-16 6:31 am
CLARION, Iowa - A 33-year-old man has been given 20 years in prison for a violent robbery in Wright County.
- Council sets vote on pork plant agreement in Mason City Updated: Apr-22-16 11:15 am
MASON CITY, Iowa - The City Council has scheduled a public hearing and a vote May 3 on a development agreement concerning a pork processing plant in Mason City.
- Iowa woman gets probation for abuse of dependent adult Updated: Apr-21-16 7:55 am
MASON CITY, Iowa - A Manly woman has been given two years of probation for taking advantage of a disabled person at Opportunity Village in Clear Lake.
- Trial set for man accused of sex assault on facility staffer Updated: Apr-19-16 9:04 am
MASON CITY, Iowa - A trial is scheduled to begin June 1 for a man accused of sexually assaulting a staff member at a Mason City facility that helps people with mental illnesses.
- Chinese students won't be attending Mason City schools Updated: Apr-15-16 11:14 am
MASON CITY, Iowa - The school board has rejected a proposal to have students from China attend school in Mason City, citing concerns about the proposal and unauthorized use of student photos.
- Staffer accused of stealing from clients gets probation Updated: Apr-12-16 9:39 am
MASON CITY, Iowa - A northern Iowa woman accused of victimizing clients of an agency that serves individuals with disabilities has been given probation.