- Voters OK $4.6M jail project for Winnebago County Updated: May-06-15 8:39 am
MASON CITY, Iowa - Voters have approved a $4.6 million bond sale to build a public safety center in Winnebago County.
- Mason City man sentenced to prison for fatal crash Updated: May-04-15 3:31 pm
MASON CITY, Iowa - A Mason City man must serve at least 17 years in prison after being sentenced in the hit-and-run death of a motorcyclist last November.
- 26 new sculptures to be shown in downtown Mason City Updated: May-02-15 4:05 pm
MASON CITY, Iowa - Officials plan to install 26 new sculptures on Tuesday in downtown Mason City as part of a popular arts program that displays the pieces for a year.
- Mason City officials seek input for north end improvements Updated: Apr-30-15 1:16 pm
MASON CITY, Iowa - Mason City officials are calling for a meeting with residents living in the city's north side to reach a consensus on how to improve the area.
- Vehicle impoundment proposal sputters in Mason City Updated: Apr-30-15 7:13 am
MASON CITY, Iowa - A proposed ordinance that would let police impound vehicles for any of 10 violations has sputtered under the weight of doubts from Mason City officials.
- 2 Iowa men cited for intoxication after rescue from river Updated: Apr-28-15 7:44 am
MASON CITY, Iowa - Two men have been rescued after their rubber raft became stuck on a river dam in Mason City.
- Mason City company receives 24 federal citations Updated: Apr-27-15 3:26 pm
MASON CITY, Iowa - A Mason City cement company has received several citations from a federal agency following safety inspections conducted in March.
- Boy on bike injured at Mason City nature area Updated: Apr-27-15 6:55 am
MASON CITY, Iowa - A boy has been injured in a fall from his bicycle at a Mason City nature area.
- Iowa man pleads guilty to vehicular homicide charge Updated: Apr-25-15 6:34 pm
MASON CITY, Iowa - An Iowa man who caused a crash that killed a Mason City motorcyclist has pleaded guilty to two counts.
- North-central Iowa campgrounds see openings delayed Updated: Apr-25-15 1:26 pm
MASON CITY, Iowa - The Cerro Gordo County Conservation Board has delaying the opening of three north-central Iowa campgrounds due to recent vandalism.
- Mason City Council takes step toward night transit service Updated: Apr-22-15 7:37 am
MASON CITY, Iowa - Council members have moved ahead with plans to add nighttime transit service to augment the daytime bus schedule in Mason City.
- Man sent to prison for fatal crash drops effort for release Updated: Apr-18-15 12:59 pm
MASON CITY, Iowa - A Mason City man has given up his effort to get his 25-year prison sentence for vehicular homicide overturned.
- Kayakers escape injury after getting caught in dam waters Updated: Apr-18-15 12:50 pm
MASON CITY, Iowa - Two kayakers escaped injury after their kayaks got caught in dam waters on the Winnebago River.
- Iowa man must pay $350 restitution for arson Updated: Apr-17-15 7:28 am
MASON CITY, Iowa - A 58-year-old man convicted of setting fire to a house across a street from his home in Mason City has been ordered to pay $350 in restitution.
- Iowan gets probation for theft, must repay former employer Updated: Apr-16-15 10:07 am
MASON CITY, Iowa - A 30-year-old Rockwell woman has been given probation and must pay restitution for thefts while working at a pharmacy in Clear Lake.
- Toddle hit, severely injured by van in Mason City back home Updated: Apr-11-15 6:25 pm
MASON CITY, Iowa - The mother of a toddler severely injured when she was struck by a van last month says the little girl is now home from the hospital and recovering.
- Iowa court orders woman to pay ex-landlord's insurer Updated: Apr-09-15 1:18 pm
MASON CITY, Iowa - A judge has ordered a woman to pay more than $61,000 to her former landlord's insurance company, finding her at fault for a fire that destroyed a rented house in Mason City.
- 1 of 3 dogs that attacked Iowan was killed, sheriff says Updated: Apr-08-15 9:48 am
MASON CITY, Iowa - One of the three dogs that knocked down and bit a woman in northern Iowa has been shot and killed.
- Mason City man accused of stealing custom bicycle Updated: Apr-07-15 2:28 pm
MASON CITY, Iowa - A Mason City man has been accused of stealing a custom-made, three-wheeled bicycle that's worth about $3,000.