- Man wanted in W. Virginia homicides captured in Virginia Updated: Nov-28-15 12:13 pm
MARLINTON, West Virginia - West Virginia State Police say a person of interest in a double homicide in Pocahontas County has been captured in Virginia.
- Canadian firm buys Grant County wind project for $200M Updated: Nov-28-15 11:54 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - A Canadian energy firm is spending $200 million take over a stalled wind project in West Virginia's Grant County, and hopes to have the 49-turbine wind farm up and running by the end of next year, the company said.
- Police: West Virginia homeowner shoots, kills intruder Updated: Nov-28-15 10:43 am
BELLE, West Virginia - Law enforcement officials say a West Virginia homeowner shot and killed a man who broke into his home.
- Hospice worker shares perspective on being minority in field Updated: Nov-28-15 10:31 am
HUNTINGTON, West Virginia - Hospice of Huntington wasn't the first thing that Scott Leonhart thought of when he decided to become a nurse.
- FidoTV: Elkview native launches channel for dog lovers Updated: Nov-28-15 10:21 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Tad Walden didn't have next door neighbors.
- Miles, Jr. leads West Virginia over San Diego State 72-50 Updated: Nov-28-15 2:31 am
LAS VEGAS - After advancing to the championship game of the Las Vegas Invitational with a semifinal win over Richmond on Thanksgiving night, one would think West Virginia would be elated.
- Iowa State's Paul Rhoads to coach in last game at WVU Updated: Nov-27-15 12:30 pm
MORGANTOWN, West Virginia - One last game means one final opportunity for Iowa State's Paul Rhoads.
- Report: West Virginia sees $10 million drop in charity Updated: Nov-27-15 12:16 pm
HUNTINGTON, West Virginia - A philanthropic group says there has been a $10 million drop in charitable giving in West Virginia over the period of a year.
- Trees selected for West Virginia Capitol holiday displays Updated: Nov-27-15 12:09 pm
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Ed and Ginny Dumire used to put Christmas lights on the blue spruce outside their Randolph County home. But it grew so large that it blocked their view of their horses, so the couple decided over the summer to get rid of the tree.
- 5 men arrested, accused of illegally killing 18 deer Updated: Nov-27-15 11:33 am
HINTON, West Virginia - Authorities have arrested five men from three states who are accused of killing nearly 20 deer in West Virginia.
- Pittsburgh man pleads guilty in heroin distribution ring Updated: Nov-27-15 10:35 am
WHEELING, West Virginia - A Pittsburgh man accused of running a heroin trafficking ring has pleaded guilty to a drug charge.
- Grants available for West Virginia transportation projects Updated: Nov-27-15 2:20 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - West Virginia officials are looking for applicants for federal grant programs that support certain transportation projects.
- W. Virginia environmental agency to light 'energy tree' Updated: Nov-27-15 2:10 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - The West Virginia Department of Environmental Protection is inviting residents to come see its "energy tree."
- Business groups to discuss agenda for legislative session Updated: Nov-27-15 2:01 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Business trade groups in West Virginia are preparing their legislative agendas ahead of the upcoming session.
- Williams leads West Virginia past Richmond 67-59 Updated: Nov-26-15 8:45 pm
LAS VEGAS - West Virginia couldn't seem to shake Richmond Thursday at the Las Vegas Invitational, and desperately needed a turning point to seize momentum.
- Loans available to businesses impacted by weather Updated: Nov-26-15 2:18 pm
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Small businesses in West Virginia that have been impacted by bad weather may be able to get financial assistance from the federal government.
- Man dies after home catches fire in Huntington Updated: Nov-26-15 10:55 am
HUNTINGTON, West Virginia - Officials say that a man has died after his home caught fire in Huntington.
- Hunters must use new electronic game checking system Updated: Nov-26-15 10:06 am
SOUTH CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Officials are reminding hunters that they must use a new electronic game system to report their harvested animals this buck firearms season.
- Enthusiasts revved up about remote-controlled vehicles Updated: Nov-26-15 9:44 am
CLARKSBURG, West Virginia - When it comes to remote-controlled (R/C) cars and trucks, it's easy to become hooked.
- Shooting by officer in West Virginia investigated Updated: Nov-25-15 5:12 pm
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - A West Virginia police officer who was following a car with a headlight out shot the driver Wednesday after the man attempted to hit the officer with his vehicle, authorities said.
- Police: Pennsylvania man working on boat killed by explosion Updated: Nov-25-15 2:17 pm
BURGETTSTOWN, Pennsylvania - A southwestern Pennsylvania man has died after being burned in an explosion while working at an automotive business.
- West Virginia announces $13 million settlement with lender Updated: Nov-25-15 9:45 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - West Virginia Attorney General Patrick Morrisey says a private lender has agreed to a $13 million settlement stemming from abusive debt collections.
- West Virginia woman laid off by mining company sues Updated: Nov-25-15 6:54 am
MORGANTOWN, West Virginia - A woman let go by a West Virginia mining company has filed a federal lawsuit claiming she lost her job to a man because of her gender and pregnancy.
- Nonprofit leaving winter gear on utility poles for needy Updated: Nov-25-15 3:01 am
HUNTINGTON, West Virginia - A charitable group is distributing winter coats, scarves and hats across Huntington, attaching the gear on street fixtures for anyone to pick up.
- Man from Jamaica pleads guilty to lottery scam in WV court Updated: Nov-25-15 3:01 am
CLARKSBURG, West Virginia - A man from Jamaica has pleaded guilty in West Virginia federal court to conspiring to scam U.S. citizens through an international lottery scheme.