- Davis & Elkins bringing back Hall of Fame soccer coach Myers Updated: Jul-07-15 3:23 am
ELKINS, West Virginia - Davis & Elkins College is bringing back former men's soccer coach Greg Myers.
- Feds: Man tried to stuff heroin under police cruiser seat Updated: Jul-07-15 3:17 am
HUNTINGTON, West Virginia - A Detroit man accused of hiding heroin under the seat of a police car has pleaded guilty to a possession charge.
- W.Va. projects aimed at halting domestic violence get grants Updated: Jul-07-15 3:09 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Federal funding has been awarded for projects aimed at stopping domestic violence in West Virginia.
- USDA cites West Virginia zoo for handling of tiger cubs Updated: Jul-06-15 4:07 pm
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - A West Virginia zoo used tiger cubs in photoshoots without properly feeding or vaccinating them, according to federal inspectors.
- Murray, Benjamin, Morrisey to speak at local W.Va. GOP event Updated: Jul-06-15 3:08 pm
WHEELING, West Virginia - Coal executive Robert Murray, state Supreme Court Justice Brent Benjamin and Attorney General Patrick Morrisey will speak at an Ohio County Republican event.
- Ohio County judge criticizes prosecution grand jury tactics Updated: Jul-06-15 9:53 am
WHEELING, West Virginia - An Ohio County judge isn't happy with tactics used by the county prosecutor's office to obtain criminal indictments.
- 2 utilities seek change in W.Va. rate calculation policy Updated: Jul-06-15 9:41 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Two utilities are seeking a change in the way state regulators determine the rates that customers should pay.
- Former girls school's bell finds new home at Wheeling Jesuit Updated: Jul-06-15 8:39 am
WHEELING, West Virginia - A century-old bell that once rang at a Catholic girls school has found a new home at Wheeling Jesuit University.
- 2 injured in fireworks accident in Monongalia County Updated: Jul-06-15 6:47 am
MORGANTOWN, West Virginia - West Virginia State Police are investigating a fireworks accident that injured two men in Monongalia County.
- Danny Lee wins Greenbrier Classic in 4-man playoff Updated: Jul-05-15 8:38 pm
WHITE SULPHUR SPRINGS, West Virginia - Danny Lee was overcome with nerves after qualifying for a four-man playoff at The Greenbrier Classic.
- Meth lab seizures drop in W.Va.; 123 busts so far this year Updated: Jul-05-15 1:22 pm
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Methamphetamine lab seizures are down 20 percent in West Virginia compared to the first six months of 2014.
- AG's office: Parkersburg tax plan not in accordance with law Updated: Jul-05-15 12:56 pm
PARKERSBURG, West Virginia - The West Virginia Attorney General's Office says Parkersburg's plan to delay business and occupation tax cuts isn't in accordance with the state's home rule law.
- Dex Media sells Martinsburg building as part of downsizing Updated: Jul-05-15 11:49 am
MARTINSBURG, West Virginia - Dex Media has sold its building in Martinsburg as part of a downsizing of its business.
- Woman drowns after car gets stuck in high water Updated: Jul-05-15 10:52 am
HARTS, West Virginia - West Virginia State Police say a woman drowned after a car got stuck in high water while trying to cross a creek.
- McMechen plans festival to revive riverfront Updated: Jul-05-15 10:12 am
MCMECHEN, West Virginia - The city of McMechen is working to re-establish their riverfront as a Marshall County tourism and recreation landmark.
- Marshall's new academic center a boost for student-athletes Updated: Jul-05-15 10:10 am
HUNTINGTON, West Virginia - When Marshall athletic director Mike Hamrick first returned to the university in that job, the former Thundering Herd linebacker asked where student-athletes went for tutoring, computer labs and academic advising. He didn't like what he saw.
- Marshall neuroscience chief jumped at chance to hire surgeon Updated: Jul-04-15 2:05 pm
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Marshall University has recruited a noted surgeon who ran into trouble experimenting with human brains using bowel bacteria but will continue the same research on rats under tight restrictions.
- W.Va. Capitol walk July 11 takes aim at drug addiction Updated: Jul-04-15 12:08 pm
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Community activists plan a Charleston awareness walk in one week to tackle the stigma of drug addiction.
- Black powder shooting game inspired by buffalo hunters Updated: Jul-04-15 10:07 am
RIPLEY, West Virginia - Boiled down to its essence, black powder cartridge silhouette shooting is all about making a bang and listening for a clang.
- Tasty artwork center stage at Parkersburg 'Yum!' exhibit Updated: Jul-04-15 10:04 am
PARKERSBURG, West Virginia - Many local artists took a creative culinary journey with their representations of food in the Parkersburg Art Center's Regional Exhibition and Competition.
- Bubba Watson to remove Confederate flag from 'General Lee' Updated: Jul-03-15 5:59 pm
WHITE SULPHUR SPRINGS, West Virginia - Bubba Watson says he's painting over the Confederate flag on his car made popular in "The Dukes of Hazzard" television series.
- Hiring freeze, cuts help W.Va. end fiscal year in the black Updated: Jul-03-15 1:43 pm
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - A hiring freeze and budget cuts have helped West Virginia end the fiscal year with a small surplus.
- Mountaineer opens $2M smoking pavilion to comply with ban Updated: Jul-03-15 12:53 pm
NEW CUMBERLAND, West Virginia - Mountaineer Casinos, Racetrack & Resort has opened a $2 million smoking pavilion to comply with a local clean air regulation.
- Man killed after firing crossbow at police in Summers County Updated: Jul-03-15 10:07 am
MEADOW BRIDGE, West Virginia - West Virginia State Police say officers fatally shot a man in Summers County after he fired a crossbow at them.
- Birth of hawk shows birds feel comfortable inside center Updated: Jul-03-15 9:49 am
FAIRMONT, West Virginia - Employees and volunteers at the West Virginia Raptor Rehabilitation Center (WVRRC) recently witnessed something they have never seen before.