- Gostisbehere's overtime goal lifts Flyers over Predators 3-2 Updated: Nov-27-15 7:58 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Shayne Gostisbehere has had a week to remember.
- Baby red pandas at Philly zoo named Betsy and Ben, of course Updated: Nov-27-15 2:42 pm
PHILADELPHIA - A pair of baby red pandas at the Philadelphia Zoo have been named after two of the city's most famous residents: Betsy and Benjamin.
- Eagles coach Chip Kelly stands by defensive coordinator Updated: Nov-27-15 12:49 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Philadelphia Eagles head coach Chip Kelly didn't have any answers, except for one.
- Homeless vet dies months after attack outside gas station Updated: Nov-26-15 11:32 pm
PHILADELPHIA - A homeless veteran has died months after he was brutally beaten by a group of people outside a Philadelphia gas station.
- 4th person captured in shooting of Pennsylvania trooper Updated: Nov-26-15 10:05 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Police have tracked down a fourth person wanted in connection with the shooting of a Pennsylvania state trooper during a chaotic car chase.
- Family-run oyster house calls it quits after 103 years Updated: Nov-26-15 10:33 am
PHILADELPHIA - A century-old Philadelphia restaurant plans to shut its doors after generations of family ownership.
- Halak makes 17 saves and Islanders beat Flyers 3-1 Updated: Nov-25-15 11:24 pm
- Celtics rally to drop 76ers to 0-16 Updated: Nov-25-15 11:11 pm
BOSTON - The Philadelphia 76ers found a way to tie the longest losing streak in major U.S. professional sports history.
- $600,000 lifeline saves historic cruise ship from scrapyard Updated: Nov-25-15 5:11 pm
PHILADELPHIA - A historic cruise ship that once carried princes and presidents has gotten a $600,000 lifeline that will save it from the scrap heap, for now.
- Christie pardons Philadelphia man with drug record Updated: Nov-25-15 4:49 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie pardoned a 61-year-old Philadelphia man with a record of drug use on Wednesday, saying he turned his life around after a 1972 robbery conviction in Atlantic City.
- Counties may sue Pennsylvania over 5-month budget standoff Updated: Nov-25-15 4:44 pm
Pennsylvania's cash-strapped counties are saying enough is enough as the budget impasse in Harrisburg nears its sixth month. They are exploring a lawsuit to force the state to release funds, and at least one already declared it will protest by withholding millions of dollars it collects in state real estate transfer taxes and court fees.
- Donor helps youth football team after Disney disappointment Updated: Nov-25-15 9:43 am
PHILADELPHIA - An undefeated youth football team from Philadelphia is heading to Walt Disney World, thanks to a donor who learned of the team's disappointment when a rule change killed its chance to play in the Magic Kingdom.
- Man hurt in shooting outside Philadelphia transit center Updated: Nov-25-15 6:38 am
PHILADELPHIA - Police say a 20-year-old man is hospitalized after a shooting outside a Philadelphia transit center.
- Pregnant teen heading to prison for refusing to testify Updated: Nov-25-15 6:07 am
PHILADELPHIA - A pregnant teenager is heading to prison for refusing to testify against her boyfriend in the slaying of a Pennsylvania man earlier this year.
- Rosie O'Donnell relishes criminal role on Fox's 'Empire' Updated: Nov-24-15 8:28 pm
LOS ANGELES - Rosie O'Donnell was delighted when "Empire" creator Lee Daniels invited her to guest star on the Fox drama, then got a case of nerves.
- Court: Sherri Shepherd can't get out of surrogacy contract Updated: Nov-24-15 7:56 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Television personality and actress Sherri Shepherd has been found legally responsible for a child born to a surrogate she and her ex-husband hired before they divorced, a Pennsylvania appeals court ruled this week in upholding the surrogacy contract.
- Eagles still uncertain about starting QB for Thursday game Updated: Nov-24-15 3:13 pm
PHILADELPHIA - The Philadelphia Eagles aren't sure or aren't saying who their quarterback will be less than two days before they're scheduled to face the Detroit Lions.
- Pennsylvania teen misses turn, accidently runs full marathon Updated: Nov-24-15 2:19 pm
PHILADELPHIA - A Pennsylvania teenager's family says he accidentally ran all 26.2 miles of the Philadelphia Marathon because he missed a turn on his half-marathon course.
- Judge rules charter founder is incompetent to stand trial Updated: Nov-24-15 7:38 am
PHILADELPHIA - A federal judge says a Philadelphia charter schools founder charged with fraud has dementia and is incompetent to stand trial.
- Police: 2 men found shot to death in Philadelphia home Updated: Nov-24-15 4:11 am
PHILADELPHIA - Authorities are looking for the gunman they say shot and killed two men inside a Philadelphia home.
- Group of parents accuse school district of discrimination Updated: Nov-24-15 4:07 am
AMBLER, Pennsylvania - A group of parents say a high-performing suburban Philadelphia school district is discriminating against black students by giving them more suspensions and putting them in lower-level courses.
- Gostisbehere lifts Flyers over Hurricanes 3-2 in OT Updated: Nov-24-15 1:12 am
PHILADELPHIA - The Flyers were relieved to finally score a goal. Then they breathed even easier after picking up a win.
- 'Honey's Angels' provides needy families with holiday meals Updated: Nov-24-15 12:42 am
PHILADELPHIA - Before family dinners, Helen "Honey" McVey would fill a plate with food, cover it with foil and ask one of her five children to run it across the street or down the block to an elderly neighbor or a friend's ailing aunt. She loved to cook, hosting every family holiday, and she loved to help people in need, earning a reputation in Philadelphia's blue-collar Port Richmond neighborhood of being as sweet as her name.
- Eagles quickly shift focus to Lions after bad loss Updated: Nov-23-15 5:08 pm
PHILADELPHIA - A short week gives the Philadelphia Eagles no time to dwell on a bad loss, and little time to figure out their problems.
- Jazmine Sullivan to headline Philadelphia's tree lighting Updated: Nov-23-15 4:08 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Grammy-nominated R&B singer Jazmine Sullivan will perform at Philadelphia's holiday tree-lighting event.