- Editorial: Biden's Far East trip assumes new importance Updated: Dec-03-13 5:18 pm
- Envoy says China has right to set another air zone Updated: Dec-02-13 10:43 pm
- China sends warplanes into air defense zone Updated: Nov-28-13 11:49 pm
- China's aircraft carrier heads to South China Sea Updated: Nov-26-13 9:34 pm
- US bombers cross China's claimed air defense zone Updated: Nov-26-13 7:34 pm
Vice President Joe Biden is not noted for his diplomatic skills. He is, however, noted for being plain-spoken, even disconcertingly blunt. He may need the latter trait more than the former during his current week-long tour of East Asia.
MANILA, Philippines - China has a sovereign right to establish a maritime air defense zone over another region as it did in the East China Sea, the Chinese envoy to the Philippines said.
BEIJING - China said it sent warplanes into its newly declared maritime air defense zone days after the U.S., South Korea and Japan all sent flights through the airspace in broadening defiance of rules Beijing says it has imposed over the East China Sea.
BEIJING - China's sole aircraft carrier has departed for its first-ever sea trials in the South China Sea, a mission likely to draw scrutiny amid Beijing's drive to assert its claims to those waters and their island groups.
WASHINGTON - Days after China asserted greater military control over a swath of the East China Sea to bolster claims to a cluster of disputed islands, the U.S. defied the move Tuesday as it flew two B-52 bombers through the area.