- Young entrepreneur runs apparel company from dormitory room Updated: Feb-05-16 4:11 am
GLEN ARBOR, Michigan - Successful entrepreneur isn't usually a term associated with a college freshman conducting business out of a dorm room.
- Traverse City students' algae project to be sent into space Updated: Feb-04-16 8:35 pm
TRAVERSE CITY, Michigan - An experiment developed by students at a Traverse City high school and contained in a tube roughly the size of a pencil will be sent into space.
- Traverse City commissioners vote against pier project Updated: Feb-02-16 6:12 am
TRAVERSE CITY, Michigan - The City Commission in Traverse City has voted against moving forward with a project to build a pier near the mouth of the Boardman River.
- Many grandparents raise grandchildren in Traverse City area Updated: Jan-20-16 10:41 am
TRAVERSE CITY, Michigan - Bev Wenger's life changes dramatically at 4:30 p.m.
- Traverse City approves 2-year Cherry Festival contract Updated: Jan-20-16 6:48 am
TRAVERSE CITY, Michigan - Traverse City officials have approved a two-year contract for the National Cherry Festival.
- US-Canadian agency: More work needed to protect Great Lakes Updated: Jan-19-16 8:06 pm
TRAVERSE CITY, Michigan - The U.S. and Canada have done well at preventing Great Lakes water from being overused or raided by outsiders but should take additional steps to strengthen their legal protection against future grabs, an advisory organization said Tuesday.
- Funding suspended for Kalkaska County emergency management Updated: Jan-19-16 9:43 am
KALKASKA, Michigan - Michigan State Police suspended funding for Kalkaska County's emergency management program after it failed to meet state standards.
- Traverse City artist makes tracks in wildlife world Updated: Jan-15-16 4:11 am
TRAVERSE CITY, Michigan - Jenny Prahl was a middle-aged homemaker who doted on her family when her marriage and economic security suddenly crumbled.
- Ex-state lawmaker Allen enters race for US House Updated: Jan-14-16 12:12 pm
TRAVERSE CITY, Michigan - Jason Allen, a former Republican state legislator, entered the race Thursday for the U.S. House seat being vacated by retiring Rep. Dan Benishek, who narrowly defeated Allen for the Republican nomination six years ago in Michigan's northernmost district.
- Retiring Rep. Benishek endorses Casperson to succeed him Updated: Jan-14-16 11:38 am
TRAVERSE CITY, Michigan - Retiring Congressman Dan Benishek is endorsing Republican state Sen. Tom Casperson of Escanaba to succeed him.
- Audit: Grand Traverse County erosion program unsatisfactory Updated: Jan-13-16 4:51 pm
TRAVERSE CITY, Michigan - Grand Traverse County's soil erosion control program will be under state supervision after an audit deemed the program's performance as unsatisfactory.
- US issues rules to protect bat threatened by fungal disease Updated: Jan-13-16 3:26 pm
TRAVERSE CITY, Michigan - Federal officials issued regulations Wednesday designed to protect the northern long-eared bat, one of several types of bat that have suffered steep population declines because of a rapidly spreading fungal disease.
- Munson gets $3 million to expand outpatient heart services Updated: Jan-13-16 7:48 am
TRAVERSE CITY, Michigan - Munson Healthcare has received $3 million to expand outpatient heart services in the northern Lower Peninsula communities of Traverse City and Grayling.