- Pantries benefit from Michigan fair livestock auctions Updated: Aug-31-15 4:17 am
TRAVERSE CITY, Michigan - Thurl and Betty Hartman were elated when they won half a cow at the Kalkaska County Fair, but those hundreds of pounds won't end up packed away into the couple's home freezer.
- Traverse City exhibit to feature live sea lampreys Updated: Aug-31-15 2:34 am
TRAVERSE CITY, Michigan - An exhibit at the Traverse City Visitor Center is offering a close-up look at blood-sucking sea lampreys.
- Officials worried over funding to remove Boardman River dams Updated: Aug-27-15 2:08 am
TRAVERSE CITY, Michigan - Officials are expressing concerns about a lack of funding for the removal of three dams on the Boardman River in northern Michigan.
- Malted barley production grows in northwestern Michigan Updated: Aug-25-15 4:17 am
KALKASKA, Michigan - Troy Jenkins stood amid the gently blowing barley grasses at his Kalkaska County farm, carefully chewed a kernel, waited to feel a crunch.
- Authorities: Bicyclist dies after colliding with pedestrian Updated: Aug-18-15 7:34 am
TRAVERSE CITY, Michigan - Authorities say a 61-year-old man who collided with a pedestrian and crashed his bicycle while riding in Michigan's northern Lower Peninsula has died.
- Hearing set on planned 9-story buildings in Traverse City Updated: Aug-18-15 6:05 am
TRAVERSE CITY, Michigan - A public hearing is scheduled for next month about plans for a pair of nine-story buildings in downtown Traverse City that have drawn opposition.
- Michigan lawmakers seek study on Canadian nuclear waste plan Updated: Aug-10-15 7:58 pm
TRAVERSE CITY, Michigan - Members of Congress from Michigan announced a new effort Monday to prevent the burial of Canadian nuclear waste near the Lake Huron shore, calling for a study by an agency that represents both nations in boundary waters disputes.
- Traverse City's Cherry Capital Airport getting nearly $1.5M Updated: Aug-10-15 11:10 am
TRAVERSE CITY, Michigan - Traverse City's Cherry Capital Airport is getting nearly $1.5 million in federal funding to help construct a taxiway and fix up its runway.
- Probation ordered for man who was drunk on 4-wheel scooter Updated: Aug-07-15 9:01 pm
TRAVERSE CITY, Michigan - A Traverse City man who admits he was drunk while riding a four-wheel electric scooter has been placed on probation for impaired driving.
- Harvest unclear for Michigan vineyards after severe storms Updated: Aug-07-15 4:18 pm
TRAVERSE CITY, Michigan - Vineyards in northwest Michigan are grappling with the possibility that they might lose their entire grape crop after severe storms blew through the area last weekend.
- Vineyard couple lose home to fire after power is restored Updated: Aug-07-15 2:41 pm
CEDAR, Michigan - The owners of a northern Michigan winery say their log home was destroyed by fire soon after power was restored following last weekend's storm.
- Feds support anti-algae program in southern Michigan Updated: Aug-07-15 4:02 am
TRAVERSE CITY, Michigan - A program designed to reduce nutrient runoff into a Lake Erie tributary stream in southern Michigan is picking up federal support.
- Township hall an oasis for victims of N. Michigan storm Updated: Aug-06-15 7:31 pm
GLEN ARBOR TOWNSHIP, Michigan - A township hall in northern Michigan has turned into a storm shelter where people without electricity charge phones, eat meals and fill buckets with water.
- Michael Moore's former vacation home on market for $5.2M Updated: Aug-06-15 1:34 am
CENTRAL LAKE, Michigan - Filmmaker Michael Moore's former vacation home in the Traverse City area is up for sale.
- Traverse City cop cleared in case of drunken official Updated: Aug-05-15 6:13 pm
TRAVERSE CITY, Michigan - A jury has acquitted a high-ranking Traverse City police officer who was accused of going easy on a city manager who was extremely drunk at his home.
- Michigan store offers refunds to buyers of Lee's 'Watchman' Updated: Aug-04-15 8:31 pm
TRAVERSE CITY, Michigan - A northern Michigan bookstore is offering refunds to buyers of Harper Lee's "Go Set a Watchman."
- Severe storms damage fruit crops near Traverse City Updated: Aug-04-15 4:40 pm
TRAVERSE CITY, Michigan - Three rounds of severe storms carrying strong winds and hail caused damage over the weekend to crops in northern Michigan near Traverse City.
- Michigan officials say they'll study Obama climate plan Updated: Aug-03-15 5:43 pm
TRAVERSE CITY, Michigan - Michigan officials say they'll review the Obama administration's plan for reducing power plant emissions before deciding whether to comply.
- Storm causes accident, forces newspaper to print again Updated: Aug-03-15 3:13 pm
MOUNT PLEASANT, Michigan - A central Michigan newspaper says it had to reprint the Monday edition after papers were destroyed during a severe weekend storm.
- Sleeping Bear Dunes, Glen Arbor hit hard by Michigan storms Updated: Aug-03-15 6:37 am
GLEN ARBOR, Michigan - Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore and the northern Lower Peninsula communities of Glen Arbor and Traverse City have been hit hard by severe storms packing high winds.
- Wind, rain make a powerful pair as storms hit Michigan Updated: Aug-02-15 6:50 pm
GRAND RAPIDS, Michigan - Storms carrying strong winds and rain have pummeled Michigan, cutting power, snapping trees and even knocking over at least one recreational trailer on the Mackinac Bridge.