- Police seek information in vandalism of city founder's grave Updated: Apr-30-15 2:31 am
TRAVERSE CITY, Michigan - Authorities are seeking information in the vandalism of Traverse City founder Perry Hannah's grave, along with about 20 others.
- Man dead for months found in Traverse City home Updated: Apr-24-15 1:22 pm
TRAVERSE CITY, Michigan - The body of a man found dead in his unheated Traverse City home was there for months.
- Foundation pledges funds for Kirtland's warbler habitat Updated: Apr-24-15 6:52 am
TRAVERSE CITY, Michigan - The Arbor Day Foundation says it will pay for 800,000 trees this spring for planting in northern Michigan to provide nesting areas for the Kirtland's warbler.
- Elizabeth Weaver, Michigan justice for nearly 16 years, dies Updated: Apr-22-15 6:01 pm
TRAVERSE CITY, Michigan - Elizabeth "Betty" Weaver, a teacher-turned-judge who stunned her Michigan Supreme Court colleagues when she said she had secretly recorded their discussions, has died. She was 74.
- Son: Ex-US Sen. Griffin tried to do right, even in private Updated: Apr-21-15 9:28 pm
TRAVERSE CITY, Michigan - U.S. Sen. Robert Griffin always "strove to do the right thing," whether in public or private life and whether anyone knew about it, one of his sons said at the Michigan Republican's funeral Tuesday.
- Traverse City-area man with life sentence loses key appeal Updated: Apr-18-15 3:59 pm
TRAVERSE CITY, Michigan - After hearing arguments, the Michigan Supreme Court won't intervene in the case of a Traverse City-area man who wasn't warned that a trial could lead to a life sentence with no parole.
- Scientists: 3 wolves remain at Isle Royale National Park Updated: Apr-17-15 7:37 pm
TRAVERSE CITY, Michigan - The gray wolves of Isle Royale National Park, which scientists have studied closely for more than half a century along with the moose on which they feed, are on the verge of disappearing as the most recent census showed that only three remain, scientists said Friday.
- Public invited to funeral for former US Sen. Griffin Updated: Apr-17-15 6:53 pm
TRAVERSE CITY, Michigan - The public is invited to the visitation and funeral of former Michigan U.S. Sen. Robert Griffin.
- Ex-US Sen. Griffin, who hastened Nixon resignation, dies Updated: Apr-17-15 5:37 pm
DETROIT - Former U.S. Sen. Robert Griffin, a Michigan Republican whose withdrawal of support hastened President Richard Nixon's resignation during the Watergate scandal, has died at age 91.
- ArtPrize whale sculpture to leave Bay County this summer Updated: Apr-17-15 2:04 pm
BAY CITY, Michigan - A 1,000-pound whale sculpture created for the 2014 ArtPrize competition will stay in Bay County for the next few months before heading north.
- Stabenow, Peters oppose Canadian nuke waste disposal plan Updated: Apr-14-15 10:34 am
- Airline to offer flights between Pellston and Chicago Updated: Apr-14-15 5:10 am
TRAVERSE CITY, Michigan - A Michigan-based airline service has announced it will offer flights between Pellston and Chicago this summer.
- Benzie Central environment group projects include hoop house Updated: Apr-14-15 4:13 am
BENZONIA, Michigan - Seamus Callaghan was only 8 when the documentary "An Inconvenient Truth" helped re-energize the environmental movement. But already he had strong beliefs about environmental protection.
- Grand Traverse County officials to consider $92M project Updated: Apr-10-15 7:19 am
TRAVERSE CITY, Michigan - Grand Traverse County officials are considering a plan to invest millions of dollars in three proposed city developments packaged as a single brownfield project.