- Lawyer: Emails show college broke open meeting law Updated: Apr-17-14 4:02 pm
- Study examines deaths of trout that eat alewife Updated: Apr-16-14 4:51 pm
- Whitefish shortage causing Passover meal problems Updated: Apr-14-14 7:25 pm
- Snyder offers plan to boost solid waste recycling Updated: Apr-14-14 11:07 am
- Curling club could come to Traverse City Updated: Apr-14-14 10:45 am
- Work starts to complete Sleeping Bear Dunes trail Updated: Apr-13-14 6:53 pm
- Michigan seeks to appeal ruling in swine case Updated: Apr-11-14 7:46 pm
- Fungal disease fatal to bats spreads to half of US Updated: Apr-10-14 6:11 pm
- Soldier's mom 'devastated' by center's name change Updated: Apr-10-14 1:46 pm
- Officials: Deadly bat fungus reaches Michigan Updated: Apr-10-14 12:23 pm
- No wolves to be brought to Isle Royale for now Updated: Apr-09-14 6:50 pm
- No wolves to be brought to Isle Royale for now Updated: Apr-09-14 4:10 pm
- DNR plans guided birding tours in April and May Updated: Apr-09-14 4:04 am
- Lawmakers push for continued Great Lakes funding Updated: Apr-08-14 4:59 pm
- Wreck of old boat revealed on Lake Michigan beach Updated: Apr-08-14 9:29 am
- Company considers drilling west of Ann Arbor Updated: Apr-08-14 9:13 am
- Harsh winter damages Michigan's fruit trees, vines Updated: Apr-06-14 7:28 pm
- US Sen. Carl Levin pushes for Great Lakes funding Updated: Apr-04-14 12:41 pm
- Authorities: 2 dead after Kalkaska County crash Updated: Apr-04-14 5:28 am
- Contest to select song for Traverse City area Updated: Apr-03-14 9:40 am
- Michigan gets $35.2M from sports equipment taxes Updated: Mar-25-14 12:33 pm
- Man, 29, fatally shot in confrontation with woman Updated: Mar-23-14 2:44 pm
- Man pleads guilty in death of Traverse City woman Updated: Mar-22-14 11:13 am
TRAVERSE CITY, Michigan - A newspaper says its review of emails it obtained under Michigan's Freedom of Information Act shows that members of the Northwestern Michigan College board violated the state Open Meetings Act when they discussed whether to make video recordings of their meetings.
TRAVERSE CITY, Michigan - Subtle immune system changes may explain why some Great Lakes trout and salmon die from the lack of an essential vitamin after eating alewife, an important forage species, according to a scientific report released Wednesday.
TRAVERSE CITY, Michigan - A shortage of whitefish in the Great Lakes region resulting partly from the winter deep freeze is coming at an inconvenient time for Jewish families: the Passover holiday, when demand is high because it's a key ingredient in a traditional recipe.
TRAVERSE CITY, Michigan - Gov. Rick Snyder released a plan Monday to boost recycling of household solid waste in Michigan, which lags behind most other states despite once being a trendsetter with its beverage container deposit law.
TRAVERSE CITY, Michigan - The curlers are coming. No, not those pink hair-warping rolls.
EMPIRE, Michigan - Construction gets underway this spring to complete a bicycle trail between Glen Arbor and Empire in the Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore.
TRAVERSE CITY, Michigan - The Michigan Department of Natural Resources said Friday it is seeking to appeal an Upper Peninsula judge's ruling that overturned a ban on Russian boars and similar swine breeds.
TRAVERSE CITY, Michigan - A fungal disease that has killed millions of North American bats is spreading and now has been detected in half of the United States, officials said Thursday.
TRAVERSE CITY, Michigan - The mother of a soldier from Chicago said she is "devastated" at the decision to remove her late son's name from a planned facility in Traverse City devoted to treating post-traumatic stress disorder.
TRAVERSE CITY, Michigan - Wildlife officials say a disease that has killed millions of bats in the U.S. and Canada has been detected in Michigan for the first time.
TRAVERSE CITY, Michigan - No additional gray wolves will be transplanted to Isle Royale National Park for now, the park's top manager said Wednesday, despite concerns that the Lake Superior island chain's dwindling and inbred population might not survive much longer.
TRAVERSE CITY, Michigan - The superintendent of Isle Royale National Park says officials have decided not to bring more wolves to the Lake Superior island chain for now to prevent their dwindling population from dying out.
TRAVERSE CITY, Michigan - Bird lovers can join viewing tours in April and May at waterfowl areas managed by the Michigan Department of Natural Resources.
TRAVERSE CITY, Michigan - Members of Congress from the Great Lakes region are lobbying colleagues to continue funding a cleanup program for the inland seas.
GLEN ARBOR, Michigan - The harsh winter and Lake Michigan waves have revealed the wreck of a large boat along a northwestern Lower Peninsula beach that may be more than 100 years old.
SCIO TOWNSHIP, Michigan - A company is moving forward with plans to drill for oil or natural gas in a rural area west of Ann Arbor, officials said.
TRAVERSE CITY, Michigan - Michigan's heavy snowfall and bitter cold winter have damaged some fruit trees and vineyards, according to a leading state farm group.
TRAVERSE CITY, Michigan - Michigan Sen. Carl Levin and some fellow Great Lakes lawmakers are asking their congressional colleagues to fund programs designed to preserve and protect the lakes.
BOARDMAN TOWNSHIP, Michigan - Authorities say a head-on crash in Kalkaska County has left two people dead.
TRAVERSE CITY, Michigan - A popular tourism destination in northern Michigan is going to get its own song.
TRAVERSE CITY, Michigan - Michigan is receiving $35.2 million from the federal government this year under a program that divides among the states revenues from excise taxes paid by hunters, anglers and boaters.
LONG LAKE TOWNSHIP, Michigan - Authorities in the northwestern Lower Peninsula say a 29-year-old man was fatally shot in a confrontation with a female acquaintance in her Traverse City-area apartment.
TRAVERSE CITY, Michigan - A Traverse City man who told police that he accidentally shot his girlfriend during a suicide attempt has pleaded guilty to involuntary manslaughter.