- Fraternity members walk 160 miles for fundraiser Updated: Mar-10-14 7:35 am
- 10-year Michigan gravel mining battle continues Updated: Mar-09-14 7:37 pm
- Commission wants quicker action to stop Asian carp Updated: Mar-06-14 4:07 am
- Snow, ice cover will boost Great Lakes levels Updated: Mar-05-14 11:11 pm
- Corps spending $25 million on Great Lakes projects Updated: Mar-05-14 6:25 pm
- Obama budget seeks cuts in Great Lakes program Updated: Mar-04-14 6:44 pm
- Advocates lobby feds for Great Lakes programs Updated: Mar-04-14 8:05 am
- Sunken Great Lakes oil pipeline raises spill fears Updated: Mar-03-14 5:49 pm
- US Coast Guard helicopter makes emergency landing Updated: Mar-02-14 6:35 pm
- Farmer cleared, but exotic swine battle continues Updated: Mar-02-14 1:02 pm
- County updates public comment rules for meetings Updated: Feb-28-14 6:58 am
- Inmate arts program inspires pride Updated: Feb-27-14 8:13 pm
- Plan seeks phosphorus cuts to stop Lake Erie algae Updated: Feb-27-14 5:33 pm
- EPA awards $5 million to fight invasive species Updated: Feb-25-14 7:44 pm
- APNewsBreak: Isle Royale wolf dies after escaping Updated: Feb-25-14 3:38 pm
- Snyder proposes water quality improvement measures Updated: Feb-21-14 6:14 pm
- Sea lampreys may be established in inland waterway Updated: Feb-20-14 5:59 pm
- Traverse City woman flies to Hawaii for goodbye Updated: Feb-19-14 4:13 am
- Kellogg to use environmentally friendly palm oil Updated: Feb-18-14 5:41 pm
- Officials want more feedback on sculpture plan Updated: Feb-09-14 2:22 pm
TRAVERSE CITY, Michigan - A group of fraternity members from Grand Valley State University have wrapped up an eight-day, 160-mile walk to raise money to support multiple sclerosis research and education.
KASSON TOWNSHIP, Michigan - A decade-long legal fight that has eaten up hundreds of thousands of tax dollars has continued with a judge denying a northern Michigan woman's request to mine gravel on her property.
TRAVERSE CITY, Michigan - An agency representing the eight Great Lakes states wants the federal government to take quicker action to prevent an Asian carp attack that could devastate native fish populations.
TRAVERSE CITY, Michigan - Water levels in the Great Lakes are expected to continue a steady recovery this year, courtesy of widespread ice cover that is slowing evaporation and snowfall that has approached record amounts in some cities, federal experts said Wednesday.
TRAVERSE CITY, Michigan - The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers will spend $25 million on navigation projects in the Great Lakes, including dredging of harbors choked with silt because of low water levels.
TRAVERSE CITY, Michigan - President Barack Obama's 2015 budget requests the least spending yet on a Great Lakes cleanup program his administration has championed, but an official said Tuesday the cutback does not signal eroding support for the cause.
TRAVERSE CITY, Michigan - Great Lakes advocates are meeting in Washington, D.C., this week to lobby for funding of environmental projects and to discuss strategies for dealing with challenges such as invasive species.
TRAVERSE CITY, Michigan - A freshwater channel that separates Michigan's upper and lower peninsulas is a premier Midwestern tourist attraction and a photographer's delight, offering spectacular vistas of two Great Lakes, several islands and one of the world's longest suspension bridges.
TRAVERSE CITY, Michigan - The U.S. Coast Guard says a helicopter from its air station in Traverse City, Michigan, had flight control problems and made an emergency landing on Wisconsin's Washington Island.
TRAVERSE CITY, Michigan - A northern Michigan farmer who defied a state ban on exotic hogs is no longer threatened with $700,000 in fines, but a dispute still rages over whether the animals are a menace, as regulators believe.
TRAVERSE CITY, Michigan - Grand Traverse County officials have agreed to update public comment rules for commission meetings as part of a settlement with an area resident.
TRAVERSE CITY, Michigan - Diane Speas' art students learn to use pastels, quilt, crochet and even tie flies for fly fishing.
TRAVERSE CITY, Michigan - Sharp cutbacks in phosphorus runoff into Lake Erie are needed to counter a worsening problem of algae blooms that degrade water quality, harm fish and chase away tourists, a U.S.-Canadian agency said in a report to both governments Thursday.
TRAVERSE CITY, Michigan - About $5 million in federal grants will fund projects targeting aquatic and land-based invasive species in the Great Lakes region that threaten native fish and damage the economy, officials said Tuesday.
TRAVERSE CITY, Michigan - One of the few remaining gray wolves of Isle Royale National Park has been found dead after escaping to the mainland across a Lake Superior ice bridge, a scientist who studies the predators said Tuesday.
TRAVERSE CITY, Michigan - Gov. Rick Snyder is asking legislators to approve more than $100 million to protect and restore Michigan's waters through measures ranging from beach monitoring to upgrading sewage infrastructure, aides said Friday.
TRAVERSE CITY, Michigan - Parasitic sea lampreys may have established a self-sustaining population in Michigan's Inland Waterway, a nearly 40-mile-long chain of lakes and rivers popular with anglers and boaters, federal scientists said Thursday.
TRAVERSE CITY, Michigan - Sarah Hammond spent 34 nerve-wracking hours of airplane travel wondering how to behave when her final connection landed.
TRAVERSE CITY, Michigan - Kellogg Co. says it will buy palm oil only from companies that don't destroy tropical rainforests to produce the additive used in many processed foods.
TRAVERSE CITY, Michigan - More feedback from the public is needed before plans for a 20-foot-tall U.S. Coast Guard helicopter sculpture can move forward, according to parks and recreation commissioners in Traverse City.