- Alabama lawmaker readies proposal to allow lottery, casinos Updated: Apr-30-15 9:52 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Alabama would get a lottery and four casinos under draft legislation that the Republican leader of the state senate distributed to legislators and reporters on Thursday.
- Bodies of 2 sailors missing from race found on Alabama coast Updated: Apr-30-15 9:44 pm
DAUPHIN ISLAND, Alabama - Search teams recovered the bodies of two boaters missing since a disastrous sailboat race Thursday as an investigation began into circumstances surrounding the competition, including whether it should have been canceled because of the threat of bad weather.
- Alabama Senate committee delays vote on flat income tax Updated: Apr-29-15 8:17 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - An Alabama Senate budget committee on Wednesday delayed a vote pushing for a flat state income tax.
- DNA links Alabama man to 20-year-old rape case Updated: Apr-23-15 3:59 am
MOBILE, Alabama - Police have arrested an Alabama man after his DNA linked him to a 20-year-old rape case.
- Team Focus aims to give direction to fatherless young men Updated: Apr-19-15 9:52 am
MOBILE, Alabama - Hard hat in hand, Dominique Johnson slides onto the bench of a picnic table and greets Mike Gottfried, the man who founded Team Focus, a faith-based mentoring organization for fatherless boys.
- Alabama officials: 'Military mistress' released by mistake Updated: Apr-17-15 7:04 pm
MOBILE, Alabama - An Alabama sheriff's deputy released a woman dubbed the "Military Mistress," who is wanted in three states, because a radio dispatcher failed to pass along that there were warrants out for her arrest, the agency said Friday.
- Alabama death row inmate to go free; 2nd released in 2 weeks Updated: Apr-16-15 9:14 pm
MOBILE, Alabama - An Alabama death row inmate reached a plea deal Thursday that makes him the second prisoner to escape the death penalty in the state in less than two weeks.
- With heavy rains, flood threat continues in southern Alabama Updated: Apr-14-15 5:38 pm
MOBILE, Alabama - Heavy rainfall was expected to continue Wednesday along the Alabama coast, an area that has already been saturated by heavy rain and flash floods.
- Education officials apologize for background check lapse Updated: Apr-08-15 4:16 pm
MOBILE, Alabama - Alabama education officials are apologizing for a background check lapse that led to a teacher with a criminal history being hired at a Mobile County middle school.