- Expanded don't-call list, fuel protections advance Updated: Apr-22-14 6:38 pm
- Prisoner gets 2 more years for slashing warden Updated: Apr-22-14 12:16 pm
- Man sentenced to 12 years in fatal Meriden crash Updated: Apr-21-14 9:04 pm
- Time takes toll on 1907 Meriden clock tower Updated: Apr-16-14 9:25 am
- 2 men foils woman's attempt at drowning in Meriden Updated: Apr-05-14 11:57 am
- Missing 90-year-old man found at Conn. casino Updated: Mar-26-14 12:49 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - An expanded "do-not-call" registry that includes text messaging and new protections for heating oil customers were among several consumer protection bills that cleared the Connecticut Senate on Tuesday and will head to the House for final action.
NEW LONDON, Connecticut - A man serving 56 years in prison for his role in a 2001 killing has been sentenced to two more years behind bars for slashing a deputy warden in the face with a sharpened toothbrush two years ago.
MERIDEN, Connecticut - A Connecticut man has been sentenced to prison after pleading guilty to manslaughter and drunken driving charges in a crash that killed two children in Meriden last year.
MERIDEN, Connecticut - A 107-year-old clock tower atop Meriden's City Hall could be removed as city officials grapple with a $350,000 renovation cost.
MERIDEN, Connecticut - Police say efforts by 20-year-old woman commit suicide by driving her car into Hanover Pond in Meriden were foiled by two men who smashed out car windows and rescued her.
MERIDEN, Connecticut - A 90-year-old man reported missing from a nursing home has been found safe at a Connecticut casino.