- Candidates sprint to NH finish, but brace for long campaign Updated: Feb-08-16 6:44 pm
SALEM, New Hampshire - Eyeing their first wins in a capricious campaign, Republican Donald Trump lashed out at his opponents Monday while Democrat Bernie Sanders sought to play it safe on the eve of the nation's initial primary. GOP contenders vying for second and third saw fresh hopes for survival after New Hampshire as both parties settled in for a drawn-out slog to the nomination.
- Police capture escaped University of Iowa research goat Updated: Feb-08-16 6:24 pm
IOWA CITY, Iowa - University of Iowa police have confirmed that a research goat has been captured after being on the loose for over a week.
- Woman dies, man injured in Knoxville house fire Updated: Feb-08-16 6:13 pm
KNOXVILLE, Iowa - A Knoxville house fire killed a 77-year-old woman and injured her husband.
- Iowa Utilities Board begins deliberating Bakken pipeline Updated: Feb-08-16 3:33 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - The Iowa Utilities Board is meeting to consider whether to approve a hazardous liquid pipeline permit for an oil pipeline that will stretch 346 miles across the state diagonally from the northwest to the southeast.
- NW Iowa murder trial of Nebraska man postponed to September Updated: Feb-08-16 3:13 pm
SIOUX CITY, Iowa - A Nebraska man charged in Iowa with killing his wife will stand trial in September.
- Prosecutor: Iowa boarding school investigation to take weeks Updated: Feb-08-16 2:42 pm
KEOKUK, Iowa - It could take several weeks to decide whether to bring charges related to child abuse allegations at an Iowa boarding school for troubled teenagers that has temporarily closed, a prosecutor said Monday.
- Iowa City school busing cuts raise concerns for families Updated: Feb-08-16 1:52 pm
IOWA CITY, Iowa - Community members say they have mixed reactions to the Iowa City Community School Board's decision to eliminate a free busing service.
- Fire crews find body in southeast Iowa house fire Updated: Feb-08-16 1:43 pm
FAIRFIELD, Iowa - Authorities are investigating a weekend house fire that left one man dead in southeast Iowa.
- Event about skilled labor in Iowa scheduled for April Updated: Feb-08-16 1:27 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - An event in Des Moines about increasing skilled labor in Iowa has been scheduled for April.
- Teen dies, 2 injured in single-car crash in eastern Iowa Updated: Feb-08-16 12:48 pm
ELDRIDGE, Iowa - A fiery single-vehicle accident in eastern Iowa left one teen dead and two others injured.
- Dozens of domestic abusers guilty of violating Iowa gun ban Updated: Feb-08-16 11:38 am
IOWA CITY, Iowa - Dozens of Iowa residents have been convicted of violating a state law that bans domestic abusers from owning guns in the five years it's been in effect, according to data obtained by The Associated Press.
- Editorials from around Ohio Updated: Feb-08-16 10:18 am
Excerpts of recent editorials of statewide and national interest from Ohio newspapers:
- Waterloo boy convicted of manslaughter in sister's death Updated: Feb-08-16 9:44 am
WATERLOO, Iowa - A 15-year-old Waterloo boy accused of fatally shooting his older sister has pleaded guilty to involuntary manslaughter.
- Woman, 2 kids hospitalized after Cedar Bluffs blaze Updated: Feb-08-16 7:27 am
CEDAR FALLS, Iowa - A woman and two children have been hospitalized after being rescued from a burning mobile home in Cedar Falls.
- Iowa man convicted of threatening judges sentenced to prison Updated: Feb-08-16 3:57 am
IOWA FALLS, Iowa - An Iowa Falls man accused of threatening to cut the throats of judges in Eldora during a call to an office of the U.S. Department of Justice in Washington, D.C., has been sentenced to 18 months in prison.
- Cruz seeks to appeal to supporters on fringe of GOP Updated: Feb-08-16 3:39 am
PETERBOROUGH, New Hampshire - Some politicians run from polarizing endorsements. Ted Cruz seeks them out.
- Cruz, 'super' PACs pummeled Trump on Iowa airwaves with ads Updated: Feb-08-16 3:29 am
WASHINGTON - Donald Trump has given a list of reasons for his second-place finish in the Iowa caucuses, including a failure to invest in boosting voter-turnout and claiming that Ted Cruz "stole" the win. But with voting fast approaching in New Hampshire, data from political advertising tracker Kantar Media reveal another possible explanation: Trump got pummeled on TV.
- Clinton making a personal pitch to New Hampshire voters Updated: Feb-08-16 3:20 am
MANCHESTER, New Hampshire - From a Michigan pulpit to New Hampshire's town halls, Hillary Clinton is working to establish a personal connection with voters as she faces an increasingly difficult struggle against Bernie Sanders for the Democratic nomination.
- AP FACT CHECK: Fumbles from the Republican field Updated: Feb-08-16 1:13 am
WASHINGTON - What happened in Iowa didn't stay in Iowa. And when it reached the stage in the latest Republican presidential debate, Ted Cruz had some explaining to do.
- Former retail stores being converted to storage businesses Updated: Feb-07-16 6:56 pm
DAVENPORT, Iowa - Another former big box retail store in Davenport has been converted into a self-service storage center.
- Powers keys No. 17 Michigan St women in 74-69 win over Iowa Updated: Feb-07-16 5:47 pm
IOWA CITY, Iowa - Aerial Powers scored 25 points and had a key steal and two free throws in the closing seconds, Tori Jankoska hit four free throws in the final 23 seconds and No. 17 Michigan State held off Iowa 74-69 on Sunday.
- Jok scores 23 to lead No. 5 Iowa past Illinois, 77-65 Updated: Feb-07-16 4:19 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - Just over three minutes into the second half, Iowa's Peter Jok stole the ball from Illinois guard Khalid Lewis and glided to the other end of the court for a two-handed dunk.
- Body found after firefighters extinguish fire Saturday Updated: Feb-07-16 2:49 pm
COUNCIL BLUFFS, Iowa - Authorities are working to identify a body found inside a Council Bluffs home after firefighters extinguished a fire.
- Sioux City officer shot and wounded while arresting man Updated: Feb-07-16 2:07 pm
SIOUX CITY, Iowa - A Sioux City police officer is recovering after being wounded by a suspect who also shot and wounded himself before his arrest.
- Documents show Iowa has backlog of criminal appeal cases Updated: Feb-07-16 12:52 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - The Iowa attorney general's office has gained approval to temporarily hire lawyers to deal with a backlog of criminal appeal cases that have piled up since an Iowa Supreme Court rule change in 2012.