- Red Cross consolidating some Iowa offices to cut costs Updated: May-24-15 6:56 pm
WATERLOO, Iowa - Several American Red Cross offices in eastern Iowa will be consolidating to reduce costs, but the nonprofit says it is not cutting jobs or services.
- Some Iowa farmers upset with government's bird flu response Updated: May-24-15 6:10 pm
SIBLEY, Iowa - Iowa farmers who have been dealing for weeks with thousands of rotting dead chickens are frustrated by the government's response to the Midwest bird flu outbreak.
- The Latest on flooding: Tornado struck Houston apartments Updated: May-24-15 3:28 pm
- Man arrested after crashing stolen car into an Iowa house Updated: May-24-15 12:11 pm
COUNCIL BLUFFS, Iowa - Council Bluffs have arrested a man after the stolen car he was driving smashed into parked cars and a house.
- Iowa woman writes letters to prison inmates for decades Updated: May-24-15 11:02 am
DES MOINES, Iowa - Jean Basinger writes letters to prison inmates in Iowa. She has done this for 30 years.
- Program working to provide beds for Iowa children Updated: May-24-15 10:56 am
FORT DODGE, Iowa - The United Way of Greater Fort Dodge's Bridging the Gap program is working to provide beds for children who need them.
- Iowa schools in wait and see mode as budget debate drags on Updated: May-24-15 9:54 am
DES MOINES, Iowa - As budget talks drag on in the state Capitol, educators are stuck in a holding pattern waiting to find out how much new funding is coming to K-12 education.
- Man dies when boat rolls on southern Iowa lake Updated: May-23-15 10:10 pm
MORAVIA, Iowa - An Oskaloosa man was killed when the boat he was operating rolled at a southern Iowa lake.
- Ex-Iowa fire chief gets suspended sentence for lying Updated: May-23-15 6:35 pm
LOGAN, Iowa - A former Missouri Valley fire chief accused of lying to police about his credentials and the steps he was taking to investigate two suspected arsons has been given a suspended 30-day jail sentence.
- Proposed Sioux City pork plant OK'd for $13M in tax breaks Updated: May-23-15 5:53 pm
SIOUX CITY, Iowa - A state board has approved $13.2 million worth of tax incentives for a proposed $264 million pork processing plant in Sioux City.
- Teen girl credited for saving younger brother from abduction Updated: May-23-15 5:46 pm
AMES, Iowa - Police are crediting a teenage girl with saving her younger brother from being kidnapped from the family's home in Ames.
- Millions of birds dead due to flu to be disposed of soon Updated: May-23-15 5:13 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - Millions of Iowa birds killed or destroyed in the wake of a bird flu outbreak should be disposed of or incinerated within the next week, according to U.S. Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack.
- 23 Union Pacific Railroad cars derail in eastern Iowa Updated: May-23-15 1:49 pm
BELLE PLAINE, Iowa - Officials say no one was injured when 23 cars of a Union Pacific train traveling through the eastern Iowa town of Belle Plaine derailed.
- Cattle escape after crash on Interstate 80 in western Iowa Updated: May-23-15 1:40 pm
NEOLA, Iowa - The crash of a cattle truck a western Iowa interstate sent the driver to a hospital and several cattle onto the roadway.
- Iowa man accused of trying to ram police car with forklift Updated: May-23-15 1:32 pm
COUNCIL BLUFFS, Iowa - A Council Bluffs man is behind bars after police say he stole a forklift and tried to ram a police cruiser with it during a low-speed chase.
- Third woman charged in north Iowa counterfeit check crimes Updated: May-23-15 1:09 pm
MASON CITY, Iowa - A third woman has been charged with cashing counterfeit payroll checks in north Iowa.
- Home sweet home for adopted dog at Cedar Falls center Updated: May-23-15 10:10 am
CEDAR FALLS, Iowa - Some circumstances fall together so beautifully it's almost certain they were meant to be.
- Sperry woman plucks four-, five- and six-leaf clovers Updated: May-23-15 10:08 am
SPERRY, Iowa - Step outside, find the nearest patch of lawn and look around for a four-leaf clover.
- Sowers' grand slam paces Indiana in 10-2 win over Iowa Updated: May-22-15 8:05 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Logan Sowers hit a grand slam and Indiana stayed alive in the Big Ten Tournament by beating Iowa 10-2 in an elimination game Friday.
- Iowa economic development board OKs investment funding Updated: May-22-15 6:51 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - The department that oversees economic development in Iowa says it has approved investment funding that will eventually create more than 1,300 jobs in the state.
- Officials say diesel fuel spills into Storm Lake Updated: May-22-15 6:07 pm
STORM LAKE, Iowa - Diesel fuel has accidentally spilled into Storm Lake in northern Iowa, but officials say it's a small amount that's not expected to affect wildlife or recreational use.
- Court sides with Iowa City in 12-year dispute with landlord Updated: May-22-15 5:17 pm
IOWA CITY, Iowa - Officials in Iowa City did not violate a landlord's constitutional rights by enforcing an employment discrimination ordinance that was later ruled invalid, the Iowa Supreme Court ruled Friday.
- Iowa reports new bird flu turkey case in Pocahontas County Updated: May-22-15 4:58 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - Iowa agriculture officials say an additional turkey farm in Pocahontas County has tested positive for bird flu. If confirmed, the case will be the third in that county. The case brings the Iowa total to 64 farms with bird flu.
- Waterloo officials OKs $90K contract for Iowa sculptor Updated: May-22-15 4:51 pm
WATERLOO, Iowa - The Waterloo City Council has approved a $90,000 contract to an Iowa sculptor to craft additional works honoring former first lady and Waterloo native Lou Henry Hoover.
- Iowa lawmakers say they've made progress on budget spending Updated: May-22-15 4:50 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - Progress has been made in determining Iowa's overall budget spending for the next fiscal year, lawmakers said Friday, including talks on K-12 education.