- Iowa sex offender gets 18 years for child porn Updated: Apr-18-14 6:10 am
- New outdoor field at UI to open this year Updated: Apr-18-14 5:06 am
- Prosecutor says 6 felon voting cases will proceed Updated: Apr-18-14 5:06 am
- Chairman: Branstad staff pressured board on hires Updated: Apr-17-14 11:55 pm
- Police look for escaped inmate in central Iowa Updated: Apr-17-14 8:03 pm
- State HR director discusses do-not-hire list Updated: Apr-17-14 6:31 pm
- Branstad signs school radon bill into law Updated: Apr-17-14 6:10 pm
- Authorities say teen linked to Muscatine fire Updated: Apr-17-14 6:05 pm
- Gaming commission rejects Cedar Rapids casino Updated: Apr-17-14 4:59 pm
- Iowa Senate approves apprenticeship bill Updated: Apr-17-14 4:40 pm
- Iowa Senate race suddenly more competitive Updated: Apr-17-14 4:30 pm
- Clarke U. denies claims in former coach's lawsuit Updated: Apr-17-14 4:28 pm
- APNewsBreak: Embattled academy official to retire Updated: Apr-17-14 3:49 pm
- Mistrial denied in Iowa doctor's overdoses case Updated: Apr-17-14 2:07 pm
- Iowa insurance agency probed for overbilling Updated: Apr-17-14 1:28 pm
- Group to study future of annual ISU celebration Updated: Apr-17-14 1:11 pm
- Group funds work on N. Iowa grandstand Updated: Apr-17-14 12:52 pm
- Iowa commission denies Sioux City casino's appeal Updated: Apr-17-14 11:29 am
- Sioux City deer population dropping, official says Updated: Apr-17-14 11:19 am
- Experts say Iowa suspect competent for trial Updated: Apr-17-14 9:31 am
- Iowa board boss cites pressure from administration Updated: Apr-17-14 7:58 am
- Iowa teen suspected of leaving threatening note Updated: Apr-17-14 6:28 am
- Authorities: Iowa suspect is longtime fugitive Updated: Apr-16-14 8:33 pm
- NU forward Abrahamson transfers to Drake Updated: Apr-16-14 8:16 pm
- Branstad backs extension of health care policies Updated: Apr-16-14 6:52 pm
SIOUX CITY, Iowa - An Iowa man twice convicted of child sex offenses have been given 18 years in prison for possessing child pornography.
IOWA CITY, Iowa - A new outdoor field for the University of Iowa's marching band and other programs is scheduled to open this year.
IOWA CITY, Iowa - A prosecutor pursuing several cases against felons charged with voting illegally says an Iowa Supreme Court ruling shouldn't impact them.
DES MOINES, Iowa - The chairman of the state's Public Employment Relations Board said Thursday that two aides to Gov. Terry Branstad pressured the board to hire a friend of the administration, in the latest accusation that top government officials pushed to fill state positions with allies.
CLIVE, Iowa - Police say they're looking for an escaped inmate in central Iowa.
DES MOINES, Iowa - The state's top human resources officer says the most common reason state workers are excluded from being considered for rehire is for bad behavior or poor performance.
DES MOINES, Iowa - The Iowa Department of Education must gather information from schools about whether they are testing for radon gas under a bill Gov. Terry Branstad has signed into law.
MUSCATINE, Iowa - Authorities say a 16-year-old boy is linked to a house fire earlier this month in Muscatine.
COUNCIL BLUFFS, Iowa - The Iowa Racing and Gaming Commission rejected a proposed $164 million Cedar Rapids casino Thursday, saying it would hurt existing casinos.
DES MOINES, Iowa - A bill intended to change funding and programming for job training and establish an apprenticeship program has won the support of a divided Iowa Senate.
DES MOINES, Iowa - A catchy political ad and a gotcha video have raised Republican hopes of capturing a U.S. Senate seat in Iowa, enhancing the party's chances of regaining control of the chamber.
DUBUQUE, Iowa - Officials at Clarke University are denying claims by a former head softball coach that she was fired because she rejected efforts by the school to make her appear more feminine.
IOWA CITY, Iowa - The assistant director of the Iowa Law Enforcement Academy announced Thursday he will retire after enduring months of criticism for making inappropriate sexual and threatening remarks to female cadets and colleagues.
DES MOINES, Iowa - A lawyer for a Des Moines doctor accused of prescribing large amounts of narcotic painkillers was denied a mistrial request in the case.
DES MOINES, Iowa - State regulators are investigating an insurance agency accused of overbilling thousands of government employees for health care coverage.
AMES, Iowa - A task force has been formed to determine if an annual celebration at Iowa State University should continue in the future following a large crowd disturbance near campus.
NORTHWOOD, Iowa - A grant of more than $190,000 will pay for a makeover of a northern Iowa grandstand that dates to the 1930s.
COUNCIL BLUFFS, Iowa - The Iowa Racing and Gaming Commission has rejected a Sioux City riverboat casino's challenge to renew its gaming license, and has set July 1 as the deadline for the gambling boat to shut down.
SIOUX CITY, Iowa - The number of deer in Sioux City is dropping, but it's unclear whether the city ban on feeding deer and other wildlife should be credited for the decline.
LOGAN, Iowa - Two psychiatric experts say an 18-year-old suspect is competent to stand trial on a charge that he killed his 5-year-old foster brother in western Iowa's Harrison County.
DES MOINES, Iowa - The chairman of the state's Public Employment Relations Board says aides to Gov. Terry Branstad pressured the board to hire a friend of the administration.
VAN HORNE, Iowa - A 17-year-old boy is accused of writing a threatening note on a bathroom wall at a high school in east-central Iowa.
WATERLOO, Iowa - Authorities say a man being held in Waterloo is a fugitive of more than 40 years from North Carolina.
DES MOINES, Iowa - Northwestern forward Kale Abrahamson is transferring to Drake after two seasons with the Wildcats.
DES MOINES, Iowa - Gov. Terry Branstad says Iowa has agreed to a federal recommendation that will allow thousands of residents to hang onto health insurance policies that don't meet the requirements of the Affordable Care Act.