- Pa. school board nixes new job it had created Updated: Dec-12-13 6:34 am
- Closings done in Slippery Rock student death case Updated: Dec-12-13 2:41 am
- Penn State downs Duquesne 68-59 Updated: Dec-11-13 9:26 pm
- Pirates, RHP Edinson Volquez reach 1-year deal Updated: Dec-11-13 8:15 pm
- Pa. father, son charged with $580K scam Updated: Dec-11-13 5:41 pm
- Pirates sign RHP Morton to 3-year contract Updated: Dec-11-13 4:39 pm
- Roethlisberger OK with progress despite losses Updated: Dec-11-13 4:39 pm
- Same-sex marriage activists kick off Pa. campaign Updated: Dec-11-13 2:17 pm
- Dad: Pa. boy hurt by stove likely going to be OK Updated: Dec-11-13 12:29 pm
- Pa. Scholastic Football Rankings Updated: Dec-11-13 10:23 am
- Marxist label doesn't stick to Mandela Updated: Dec-11-13 10:18 am
- Navy's Blue Angels commit to W. Pa. air shows Updated: Dec-11-13 10:01 am
- Police probing man's arrest death at Pa. hospital Updated: Dec-11-13 8:56 am
- Pittsburgh officials approve red-light cameras Updated: Dec-11-13 6:07 am
- Steelers still focused on winning, not 2014 Updated: Dec-10-13 7:17 pm
- Melvin appeal cites alleged bias of trial judge Updated: Dec-10-13 2:59 pm
- Lawmakers speak out on UPMC's anti-bill campaign Updated: Dec-10-13 1:01 pm
- Gaffney's grit again epitomizes Stanford football Updated: Dec-10-13 10:46 am
- W. Pa. burglary suspect shot by officer ID'd Updated: Dec-10-13 10:41 am
- Pittsburgh doctor killed in Pa. turnpike pileup Updated: Dec-10-13 8:58 am
- Malkin scores in return, Penguins top Columbus 2-1 Updated: Dec-09-13 11:12 pm
- Flight 93 Pa. crash site valued at $1.5 million Updated: Dec-09-13 9:16 pm
- Penguins place D Brooks Orpik on injured reserve Updated: Dec-09-13 6:32 pm
- Penguins F James Neal suspended 5 games Updated: Dec-09-13 5:54 pm
- Steelers look for motivation as playoffs slip away Updated: Dec-09-13 4:33 pm
PITTSBURGH - The job of assistant to the superintendent in a suburban Pittsburgh school district no longer exists after the school board voted unanimously to eliminate it at the behest of angry residents.
PITTSBURGH - Jury deliberations are underway for a teen charged in the death of a Pittsburgh-area college student while a judge will decide the charges for two other defendants.
PITTSBURGH - Reserve Allen Roberts had 15 points and D.J. Newbill added 13 points as Penn State won for the sixth time in its past eight games, 68-59 against Duquesne on Wednesday night.
PITTSBURGH - A Pennsylvania father and son who had previously been charged with stealing $123,000 in a TV converter box scheme are now charged with scamming $580,000 from a Texas firm in the same manner.
PITTSBURGH - The Pittsburgh Pirates and right-handed pitcher Charlie Morton have agreed to a three-year, $21 million contract.
PITTSBURGH - Ben Roethlisberger's numbers have never been better. The Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback is on pace to smash most of the team single-season passing records he already owns.
PITTSBURGH - Proponents of same-sex marriage are launching a campaign to legalize it in Pennsylvania - the last holdout among the Northeast states.
SOMERSET, Pennsylvania - A western Pennsylvania man whose son was hurt when a stove tipped over onto him says the boy's mother performed CPR and likely helped keep him from suffering irreversible brain damage.
Pennsylvania high school football rankings from PennLive.com, with school's district in parentheses, followed by record and position in last week's rankings. NR means not ranked. Teams with an asterisk are the 2012 PIAA champions.
No doubt you have heard about the "race card." Today let us discuss another card in the pack of rhetorical tricks, the "Marx card." (Not Groucho Marx, although he had a better sense of absurdity).
LATROBE, Pennsylvania - The Navy's Blue Angels have committed to perform at one of western Pennsylvania's biggest air shows the next two years.
PITTSBURGH - Pittsburgh police are investigating the death of a man during his arrest by a University of Pittsburgh police officer at one of the school's affiliated hospitals.
PITTSBURGH - Scofflaws who run red lights in Pittsburgh will soon run the risk of being caught on camera.
PITTSBURGH - The playoffs are practically off the table for the Pittsburgh Steelers.
PITTSBURGH - Former Pennsylvania Supreme Court Justice Joan Orie Melvin contends a judge denied her a fair trial before a jury convicted her of campaign corruption because he was biased against her in his rulings and comments he made in the courtroom.
PITTSBURGH - Two Pittsburgh-area lawmakers are speaking out about a direct mail and robocall "political campaign" the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center is waging against their co-sponsored bills that would require all large health systems in the state to accept insurance from any in-state company.
. - At this time last year, Tyler Gaffney was a professional baseball player mulling his sporting future. Now he's the most indispensable piece in Stanford's methodical football machine, as he illustrated once again in the Cardinal's 38-14 stampede over Arizona State in the Pac-12 championship game.
MONROEVILLE, Pennsylvania - An autopsy was set on a burglary suspect who was fatally shot leaving a home about 10 miles east of Pittsburgh after he reportedly shot at the officer.
ELVERSON, Pennsylvania - A man killed while trying to help motorists involved in a 50-vehilcle pileup on the Pennsylvania Turnpike on Sunday was an internal medicine specialist affiliated with the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center.
PITTSBURGH - Evgeni Malkin's favorite running mate is serving a five-game NHL suspension.
PITTSBURGH - The site where United Airlines Flight 93 crashed on Sept. 11, 2001, is worth more than the government paid for it but far less than the former owner claimed, according to a commission report released Monday.
PITTSBURGH - Troy Polamalu didn't want to talk about it.