- Slumping Mets strike out 14 times in 9-1 loss to Pirates Updated: May-24-15 8:02 pm
PITTSBURGH - Terry Collins had seen enough. After watching the Mets strike out 14 more times in their fifth loss in six games, the manager addressed his team behind closed doors.
- Liriano strikes out 12, Pirates sweep Mets Updated: May-24-15 5:41 pm
PITTSBURGH - Francisco Liriano kept up Pittsburgh's strikeout parade, fanning 12 as the Pirates beat the New York Mets 9-1 Sunday for a three-game sweep.
- Police: Driver shot, other cars damaged in Pittsburgh tunnel Updated: May-24-15 12:11 pm
PITTSBURGH - Authorities in western Pennsylvania say a driver was hit by gunfire from another vehicle in a tunnel in Pittsburgh.
- Police seek resident after 4 dogs found dead in home Updated: May-23-15 2:31 pm
PITTSBURGH - Police in western Pennsylvania are searching for the resident of a Pittsburgh home where four dead dogs have been found.
- Change certain on Pennsylvania's top court; 3 seats to fill Updated: May-23-15 2:27 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - With six nominees vying for three open seats on the state Supreme Court and campaign dollars already flowing by the millions, change is inevitable.
- Poncho & Lefty's food truck drives a fresh bargain Updated: May-23-15 10:35 am
BECKLEY, West Virginia - Hardy, hardworking Mountaineers value freedom so much that lawmakers have appropriated state residents' liberation, in Latin, as the state motto.
- Defendant gets married after homicide trial ordered Updated: May-23-15 9:44 am
PITTSBURGH - A western Pennsylvania man got married about an hour after he was ordered to stand trial in the death of a man whose body was found in a river in another state two months ago.
- Pirates star McCutchen laughs off leaked pay stub Updated: May-22-15 6:03 pm
PITTSBURGH - Good thing Andrew McCutchen has direct deposit.
- 9 youths charged in fight marring amusement park's opening Updated: May-21-15 4:53 pm
WEST MIFFLIN, Pennsylvania - Police say nine juveniles have been charged stemming from a fight that forced a Pittsburgh-area amusement park to close early on opening day.
- Rejuvenated Burnett off to spectacular start in final season Updated: May-21-15 4:45 pm
PITTSBURGH - Pittsburgh Pirates starter A.J. Burnett isn't pitching like a guy sprinting toward retirement.
- Developer to turn Pittsburgh mall into technology hub Updated: May-21-15 3:38 pm
PITTSBURGH - A developer has unveiled plans to convert a former retail mall in Pittsburgh into a hub for technology startups called Nova Place.
- At kidnapping trial, dad says he took daughter out of fear Updated: May-21-15 8:41 am
WILKINSBURG, Pennsylvania - A western Pennsylvania man accused of kidnapping his 2-year-old daughter says he took her because he feared for her safety.
- Mauer's homer lifts Twins to 4-3 win over Pirates in 13 Updated: May-21-15 12:16 am
PITTSBURGH - A dozen seasons in, there is still plenty of life in Joe Mauer's bat. And hey, a little power too.
- Slide continues as Pirates lose to Twins 4-3 in 13 innings Updated: May-21-15 12:05 am
PITTSBURGH - One-quarter of the way into what the Pittsburgh Pirates still believe can be a special season, the results are becoming ordinary. Familiar too.
- New nominees gird for Pennsylvania high-court campaign Updated: May-20-15 2:56 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Party endorsements and money made the difference in who was nominated for state Supreme Court in Pennsylvania's primary election.
- American Eagle beats Street 1Q forecasts Updated: May-20-15 9:14 am
PITTSBURGH - American Eagle Outfitters Inc. (AEO) on Wednesday reported fiscal first-quarter net income of $29.1 million.
- Alvarez hits majestic homer into river in Pirates 8-5 loss Updated: May-20-15 12:11 am
PITTSBURGH - Pedro Alvarez hit a majestic home run that wound up landing in a boat docked along the Allegheny River beyond the right-field stands at PNC Park.
- Dems select Philly judge, Pittsburgh lawyer in court races Updated: May-19-15 11:28 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - A Philadelphia judge was nominated by Democrats in Tuesday's primary election to run for a seat on the statewide Superior Court, while voters bucked the party's endorsement and nominated a former Allegheny County solicitor to run for a Commonwealth Court seat.
- Parties pick 5 endorsed candidates for state's highest court Updated: May-19-15 11:25 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Pennsylvania Democrats and Republicans demonstrated Tuesday that party endorsements count as they nominated five party-backed candidates for the state Supreme Court.
- Latest in Pennsylvania primary: Wojcik is appellate nominee Updated: May-19-15 11:24 pm
- Pittsburgh attorney donates $2M to his upstate NY alma mater Updated: May-19-15 4:41 pm
ALLEGANY, New York - A Pittsburgh attorney who's a nephew of the late Steelers owner Art Rooney Sr. is donating $2 million to St. Bonaventure University in western New York.
- Jose Tabata brought back from minor leagues by Pirates Updated: May-19-15 3:17 pm
PITTSBURGH - Dropped from the 40-man roster last October, outfielder Jose Tabata has been brought back to the major leagues by the Pittsburgh Pirates.
- Tuesday's primary features races for top court, Philly mayor Updated: May-18-15 3:52 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Democrats and Republicans will choose their nominees for an unprecedented three open seats on the Pennsylvania's highest court in Tuesday's primary election. Also on the statewide ballot are Democratic contests for one open seat each on the Superior and Commonwealth courts, the state's intermediate appellate courts.
- Hundreds attend vigil for boy, 14, slain in Pittsburgh Updated: May-18-15 10:40 am
PITTSBURGH - Hundreds attended a candlelight vigil for a 14-year-old boy shot and killed outside a Pittsburgh housing complex.
- Dog bites 2 Pittsburgh police officers Updated: May-17-15 11:52 pm
PITTSBURGH - Two Pittsburgh police officers are recovering after they were bitten by a dog.