- No. 9 Virginia pulls away from Pitt 64-50 Updated: Feb-06-16 2:03 pm
PITTSBURGH - Malcolm Brogdon scored 21 points and No. 9 Virginia pulled away from Pittsburgh in the second half of a 64-50 victory on Saturday.
- Federal judge rejects bid for leniency in child pornography case Updated: Feb-06-16 10:51 am
PITTSBURGH - A federal judge in western Pennsylvania has rejected a former Allegheny College professor's bid for leniency in a child pornography case.
- Former councilman allowed to remain free pending appeal Updated: Feb-06-16 9:36 am
PITTSBURGH - A former western Pennsylvania councilman convicted of improperly using $50,000 from the trust fund of an elderly widow with dementia has been allowed to remain free on bail pending his appeal.
- DA: Police fired 12 shots at man who fatally stabbed K-9 Updated: Feb-04-16 6:36 pm
PITTSBURGH - Prosecutors say Pittsburgh-area police shot 12 times at a man they killed after he fatally stabbed a police dog.
- Man sentenced in Wal-Mart check scam targeting hundreds Updated: Feb-04-16 4:50 pm
PITTSBURGH - A man who cashed $300,000 worth of counterfeit checks using personal information stolen by peeking over the shoulders of hundreds of Wal-Mart customers was sentenced to prison Thursday.
- Pittsburgh to play home to new Netflix drama Updated: Feb-04-16 4:08 pm
PITTSBURGH - Pittsburgh is playing home to a new Netflix drama that will receive $18.7 million in film tax credits from the state.
- Commission: Church merits consideration for historic status Updated: Feb-04-16 4:02 pm
PITTSBURGH - Pittsburgh's Historic Review Commission says the Albright United Methodist Church building merits consideration for historic status.
- Penguins center Evgeni Malkin to miss 2 games with injury Updated: Feb-04-16 1:39 pm
PITTSBURGH - Pittsburgh Penguins center Evgeni Malkin is dealing with a lower-body injury and will miss a two-game road trip through Florida this weekend.
- Activists: Fire shelter chief for $1,000 purebred collie Updated: Feb-04-16 12:00 pm
PITTSBURGH - The executive director of the Western Pennsylvania Humane Society is on leave over accusations by online activists that she paid a breeder $1,000 for a purebred collie puppy rather than adopt a rescue dog from the shelter.
- Hamlin headlines homegrown talent for Narduzzi, Pitt Updated: Feb-03-16 6:17 pm
PITTSBURGH - Pat Narduzzi pledged to keep the best players in western Pennsylvania in western Pennsylvania when he took over as head coach at Pittsburgh less than 14 months ago.
- Man convicted of 2 slayings gets life without parole Updated: Feb-03-16 5:28 pm
PITTSBURGH - A western Pennsylvania man convicted in a pair of shooting deaths over a few days three years ago has been sentenced to life in prison without possibility of parole.
- FBI reviewing Pittsburgh officer's arrest of drunk man Updated: Feb-03-16 2:49 pm
PITTSBURGH - The FBI has begun reviewing a Pittsburgh police officer's arrest of an allegedly drunk man at a high school championship football game in November.
- Pirates acquire former first-round pick Biddle from Phillies Updated: Feb-03-16 2:30 pm
- Feds 'working on arrests' in spate of Pennsylvania overdoses Updated: Feb-03-16 12:53 pm
PITTSBURGH - Investigators were working on arrests linked to roughly 30 nonfatal heroin overdoses in recent days as federal and local law enforcement teamed up in hopes of getting ahead of western Pennsylvania's growing heroin epidemic.
- Video shows up to 100 teens involved in Pennsylvania brawl Updated: Feb-03-16 6:19 am
PITTSBURGH - Police are investigating a brawl that involved as many as 100 teenagers in western Pennsylvania.
- Police probe 2 separate shootings in Pittsburgh Updated: Feb-03-16 5:45 am
PITTSBURGH - Pittsburgh police are investigating two separate shootings that left two men wounded.
- Crosby's hat trick powers Penguins past Senators, 6-5 Updated: Feb-02-16 11:14 pm
PITTSBURGH - Sidney Crosby is back to doing Sidney Crosby things. The Pittsburgh Penguins are winning.
- Man convicted in shooting of 3 outside high school Updated: Feb-02-16 7:28 pm
PITTSBURGH - A western Pennsylvania man has been convicted of attempted homicide and other counts in a shooting outside a Pittsburgh high school in 2013.
- NHL resets 3 games called off because of East Coast storm Updated: Feb-02-16 4:42 pm
NEW YORK - The NHL has rescheduled three games that were postponed because of the recent snowstorm on the East Coast.
- Man, woman plead to endangerment counts after infant's death Updated: Feb-02-16 3:55 pm
PITTSBURGH - A western Pennsylvania man and woman have pleaded guilty to child endangerment charges filed after the death of their 3-month-old son.
- Child-Sex trafficking suspect, ex-fugitive, pleads guilty Updated: Feb-02-16 3:09 pm
PITTSBURGH - A western Pennsylvania man who fled to Mississippi to avoid child-sex trafficking charges has pleaded guilty.
- Indiana U of Pennsylvania student abducted, robbed by duo Updated: Feb-02-16 11:08 am
INDIANA, Pennsylvania - One man is jailed and another sought for the robbery and kidnapping of a Pennsylvania university student from an off-campus apartment.
- Ohiopyle State Park cancels Winterfest for lack of snow Updated: Feb-02-16 10:48 am
OHIOPYLE, Pennsylvania - Ohiopyle State Park has canceled Winterfest due to a lack of, well, winter.
- Man accused of trying to sell drugs in traffic court Updated: Feb-02-16 8:14 am
PITTSBURGH - Authorities say a Pennsylvania man tried to sell drugs in a Pittsburgh traffic court.
- Woman, 4-year-old reportedly shot in western Pennsylvania Updated: Feb-02-16 7:13 am
MCKEESPORT, Pennsylvania - Police say a 20-year-old woman and a 4-year-old child have been shot in a Pittsburgh suburb wracked by gun violence in recent days.