- Autopsy set on missing man found dead near Pittsburgh tracks Updated: May-29-15 10:49 am
PITTSBURGH - An autopsy was set on the body of a man who went missing after Wednesday afternoon's Pittsburgh Pirates game only to be found dead a day later near some railroad tracks.
- Man arrested in shooting near kids at Pittsburgh playground Updated: May-29-15 8:13 am
PITTSBURGH - A Pittsburgh man has been arrested on charges he critically wounded another man in a shooting on or near a basketball court at a playground with children nearby.
- Trench partially collapses, trapping construction worker Updated: May-29-15 1:56 am
PITTSBURGH - A construction worker in Pittsburgh is recovering after the 18-foot-deep trench he was working in partially collapsed.
- Allen looking to regroup in new-look Steelers secondary Updated: May-28-15 6:03 pm
PITTSBURGH - The Pittsburgh Steelers paid Cortez Allen last fall to take over the shutdown cornerback role that Ike Taylor handled for the better part of a decade.
- Man gets 7½ years in Uganda-based counterfeiting scheme Updated: May-28-15 4:08 pm
PITTSBURGH - A judge on Thursday sentenced a Pittsburgh man to 7½ years in federal prison for his role in a counterfeit money scheme based in Uganda and several other scams.
- 15 Chinese nationals accused in US of student visa scheme Updated: May-28-15 4:05 pm
PITTSBURGH - Fifteen Chinese citizens conspired to take college entrance exams on behalf of others or paid to have that done for them so they could obtain student visas, federal prosecutors said Thursday.
- Chevron reaches $5 million wrongful death settlement Updated: May-28-15 2:20 pm
PITTSBURGH - Chevron agreed to pay $5 million to settle a wrongful death lawsuit filed by the family of a contract worker killed last year when fire engulfed a shale gas well.
- Bullpen falters later, Marlins swept by Pirates in 5-2 loss Updated: May-27-15 5:43 pm
- Pirates rally past Marlins 5-2 for 6th straight win Updated: May-27-15 5:13 pm
PITTSBURGH - Mired in a funk a quarter of the way into a season with high expectations, Clint Hurdle challenged his team to get its act together.
- Veteran back Williams ready for next act with Steelers Updated: May-27-15 2:08 pm
PITTSBURGH - DeAngelo Williams wants to get something straight. Yes, the longtime running back came to Pittsburgh in the offseason to give the Steelers a much-needed influx of depth behind All-Pro Le'Veon Bell.
- Teacher to face trial on charges he ID'd pupil in sex case Updated: May-27-15 1:47 pm
PITTSBURGH - A high school teacher charged with intimidating a student by pointing her out to classmates as the person who accused his co-worker of an inappropriate sexual relationship was ordered Wednesday to stand trial on witness intimidation charges.
- Duquesne University to raise employee minimum wage to $16 Updated: May-27-15 12:15 pm
PITTSBURGH - Duquesne University is increasing its employee minimum wage to $16 an hour, slightly more than twice the state and federal minimum wage of $7.25 an hour.
- Retired PPG worker confined to home in trade secrets case Updated: May-27-15 11:58 am
PITTSBURGH - A federal magistrate has released a retired PPG Industries researcher from jail, but ordered him confined to his home until he stands trial on charges of stealing trade secrets for a Chinese company.
- Employee, 2 others charged in smartphone store burglary Updated: May-27-15 7:02 am
TARENTUM, Pennsylvania - An employee and two other men have been jailed on charges they stole more than 90 smartphones worth more than $61,000 from a Sprint store in a Pittsburgh-area mall.
- Police arrest woman, 24, in 2014 torture death Updated: May-27-15 5:29 am
PITTSBURGH - A western Pennsylvania woman has been arrested in the killing of a man who appeared to be tortured before he was found buried under debris on a Pittsburgh hillside last year.
- Man seeks drug case dismissal, citing officer's indictment Updated: May-26-15 5:40 pm
PITTSBURGH - A suburban Pittsburgh man accused of trying to sell more than two pounds of cocaine valued at $110,000 to an undercover officer, and then leading an assistant district attorney on a high-speed chase, is seeking dismissal of the case.
- Steelers wide receiver Brown focused on 2015, not contract Updated: May-26-15 5:30 pm
PITTSBURGH - The Pittsburgh Steelers trickled off the field in small groups, sweaty and a little spent from the first real day of football in nearly five months, even if it was just practice in shorts.
- Pennsylvania's largest private employer offers buyouts Updated: May-26-15 4:31 pm
PITTSBURGH - The University of Pittsburgh Medical Center is offering buyouts to its older workers in a move to cut costs.
- Tailgating hours limited for Kenny Chesney's Pittsburgh show Updated: May-26-15 4:10 pm
PITTSBURGH - Parking lots at Heinz Field will open only four hours before Kenny Chesney's concert on Saturday, in hopes fans won't engage in rowdy behavior and leave behind tons of trash like they did after his 2013 show at the stadium.
- Police: Burglars enters Pittsburgh supermarket through roof Updated: May-26-15 2:59 pm
PITTSBURGH - Pittsburgh police say burglars broke through the roof of a supermarket and accessed the entire store, including its offices and pharmacy.
- Pittsburgh bike-share program to debut Sunday morning Updated: May-26-15 2:15 pm
PITTSBURGH - Five hundred bicycles will hit the streets this weekend when the city's Healthy Ride bike-share program debuts.
- Pittsburgh police bust 2 women in motel prostitution sting Updated: May-26-15 11:04 am
PITTSBURGH - Pittsburgh police say two women were offering prostitution services at two motels in an online ad.
- 17-year-old charged as adult with threatening ex with gun Updated: May-26-15 10:25 am
MCKEES ROCKS, Pennsylvania - A 17-year-old from Pittsburgh who police say beat and held his ex-girlfriend at gunpoint has been charged as an adult and jailed.
- Roller coaster fan notches 5,000th ride on historic coaster Updated: May-25-15 9:17 pm
WEST MIFFLIN, Pennsylvania - An 82-year-old fan of a historic Pennsylvania roller coaster celebrated his 5,000th ride on it over the holiday weekend - sitting for more than eight hours straight and logging 95 spins around the wooden ride in a single day.
- Cops: Man fires BB gun at 11-year-old, said boy shot his son Updated: May-25-15 4:55 pm
MCKEESPORT, Pennsylvania - A Pennsylvania man shot an 11-year-old boy in the chest with a BB gun on a playground because he said the boy had previously shot his own young son with the same kind of weapon, authorities said Monday.