- Police: Man pelted woman at egg decorating party Updated: Apr-20-14 4:43 pm
- Gomez, Snider ejected after Brewer-Pirates brawl Updated: Apr-20-14 3:50 pm
- Fracking foes cringe as unions back drilling boom Updated: Apr-20-14 12:46 pm
- Braun homers twice, rallies Brewers over Pirates Updated: Apr-20-14 12:50 am
- Braun homers twice, rallies Brewers over Pirates Updated: Apr-20-14 12:44 am
- Pirates activate C Stewart, cut 1B Ishikawa Updated: Apr-19-14 5:06 pm
- Pa. dog grooming, training, boarding firms thrive Updated: Apr-19-14 10:40 am
- Eagle webcam enthralls viewers, aids research Updated: Apr-19-14 10:26 am
- 27K UPMC worker hit by data breach, 788 by fraud Updated: Apr-18-14 12:22 pm
- All-terrain biker hit by Pittsburgh freight train Updated: Apr-18-14 10:13 am
- Remains found in Ohio River were man, 30 to 40 Updated: Apr-18-14 10:04 am
- Show features ghost signs of Pittsburgh Updated: Apr-18-14 9:28 am
- Robbery suspect with alibi sues police over arrest Updated: Apr-18-14 8:52 am
- Brewers' bullpen battered by Pirates Updated: Apr-18-14 12:41 am
- UPMC wants city to bill subsidiaries for taxes Updated: Apr-17-14 7:07 pm
- Man gets 75 to 150 years for 2002 Pittsburgh rape Updated: Apr-17-14 2:52 pm
- Pennsylvania postmaster sentenced for taking $13K Updated: Apr-17-14 2:32 pm
- 3 to run marathon to help school stabbing victims Updated: Apr-17-14 1:22 pm
- Western Pa. teen hits home run with Robinson essay Updated: Apr-17-14 11:37 am
- Basket cheese an 85-year tradition for Pa. firm Updated: Apr-17-14 11:35 am
- Pittsburgh man cleared of home invasion slaying Updated: Apr-17-14 11:00 am
- Pennsylvania county to display 'In God We Trust' Updated: Apr-17-14 8:25 am
- Penguins nip Blue Jackets 4-3 in series opener Updated: Apr-16-14 11:34 pm
- Classes resume at high school rocked by stabbings Updated: Apr-16-14 12:16 pm
- Death of ex-Pa. energy lab official ruled suicide Updated: Apr-16-14 6:04 am
PITTSBURGH - Pittsburgh police say a man threw hardboiled eggs at his girlfriend during an Easter egg decorating party, then tried to attack police.
PITTSBURGH - After early complaints that out-of-state firms got the most jobs, some local construction trade workers and union members in Pennsylvania, Ohio and West Virginia say they're now benefiting in a big way from the Marcellus and Utica Shale oil and gas boom.
PITTSBURGH - Jason Grilli was bothered more by the single he gave up before the game-winning two-run homer.
PITTSBURGH - Ryan Braun already was being booed loudly and that was before he hit a two-run homer in the ninth inning.
PITTSBURGH - Bella Donna wouldn't dare board a plane without a fresh haircut. Her name means "beautiful lady," after all, and the teacup Yorkshire terrier lives up to it.
PITTSBURGH - On a recent afternoon, Bill Powers perked up with excitement when his PixController Inc. webcam of the bald eagles' nest in Hays reached an impressive benchmark.
PITTSBURGH - The personal information of 27,000 University of Pittsburgh Medical Center employees might have been put at risk by identity thieves who apparently used the information of 788 workers to file bogus federal tax returns, the hospital network said.
PITTSBURGH - Investigators believe a man riding an all-terrain motorcycle near some railroad tracks in Pittsburgh might not have seen or heard the freight train that hit and killed him.
AVALON, Pennsylvania - The Allegheny County medical examiner's office says the partial skeletal remains found of a man along the bank of the Ohio River west of Pittsburgh are those of a man 30 to 40 years old.
PITTSBURGH - They're all around us, fading signs of times gone by. In a city like Pittsburgh, history is inescapable. And that's no more true than at Pittsburgh Filmmakers Galleries in Oakland where the current exhibit "Palimpsests: Ghost Signs of Pittsburgh" displays approximately 150 documentary photographs of fading signs captured in as many locations in and around the city.
PITTSBURGH - A Pittsburgh man is suing the police for wrongful arrest, saying they ignored convincing alibi evidence when they arrested him - and kept him jailed for 36 days - after a faulty eyewitness said he robbed a bakery.
PITTSBURGH - The Milwaukee Brewers' bullpen had been nearly unhittable in the early part of the season. That sure changed Thursday night.
PITTSBURGH - The city should send tax bills to subsidiaries of the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center if officials really believe the hospital network shouldn't be a tax-exempt nonprofit, an attorney is arguing.
PITTSBURGH - A man linked to the 2002 rape of a Pittsburgh college student using DNA taken from him after an unrelated arrest has been sentenced to 75 to 150 years in prison.
PITTSBURGH - A former rural Pennsylvania postmaster must spend two-and-a-half years on probation, including six months on house arrest, for pocketing more than $13,000 that customers paid for stamps and money orders.
PITTSBURGH - Three people from the western Pennsylvania town where 21 students and a security guard were wounded in a high school stabbing rampage hope to raise money for the victims by running the Boston Marathon.
INDIANA, Pennsylvania - Indiana teen hits home run with Robinson essay
VERONA, Pennsylvania - Easter often is associated with the candy aisle, and its tempting display of rainbow-hued jelly beans, foil-wrapped chocolate eggs and bright-yellow marshmallow Peeps.
PITTSBURGH - A Pittsburgh man has been released from jail after a second jury cleared him of all remaining charges in a fatal home invasion robbery on Easter 2009.
BUTLER, Pennsylvania - The commissioners of a western Pennsylvania county have voted 2-1 to display the national motto, "In God We Trust" on a wall of their meeting room.
PITTSBURGH - Columbus coach Todd Richards insists his upstart team isn't in the playoffs "just to go to school."
MURRYSVILLE, Pennsylvania - Classes resumed Wednesday at a Pittsburgh-area high school where authorities said a student stabbed or slashed 21 others and a security guard a week ago while rampaging through a hallway with two kitchen knives.
PITTSBURGH - The death of a former National Energy Technology Laboratory director who had been indicted by a grand jury has been ruled a suicide.