- Canoeists set new record in paddling from Kansas to Missouri Updated: Jul-30-15 5:19 pm
ST. CHARLES, Missouri - Two Texas men have set a new record in a race by canoeing the Missouri River from Kansas City, Kansas, to St. Charles, Missouri, in 34 hours and 34 minutes.
- Endangered pallid sturgeon larvae found in Missouri River Updated: Jul-30-15 5:13 pm
BELLEVUE, Nebraska - Three fish larvae captured from the Missouri River last year have been confirmed as those of the endangered pallid sturgeon, the U.S. Geological Survey said Thursday.
- Iowa police ID Nebraskan whose body was pulled from river Updated: Jul-30-15 11:55 am
COUNCIL BLUFF, Iowa - Authorities have released the name of a man whose body was recovered from the Missouri River at Council Bluffs.
- Missouri River race to St. Louis begins Updated: Jul-28-15 9:41 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - About 600 paddlers are headed east down the Missouri River to St. Charles for the start of the Missouri 340 race.
- Flooding forces hatchery trout into southwest Missouri river Updated: Jul-27-15 9:01 am
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - Recent flooding in southwest Missouri has been a boon for anglers because it forced trout out of a large hatchery pool and into publicly accessible areas of a popular trout stream.
- Nebraska river basin coalition developing a water plan Updated: Jul-21-15 1:38 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Seven of Nebraska's natural resources districts are developing a plan to protect the water supply in the Lower Platte River Basin.
- Drowning cases on the rise throughout Missouri this year Updated: Jul-21-15 10:50 am
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - Missouri has already seen nearly as many drowning cases in the first seven months of this year as in all of 2014.
- North Dakota agency signals comfort on some pipeline issues Updated: Jul-20-15 5:51 pm
BISMARCK, North Dakota - A Texas company appears to have adequately addressed some of the biggest environmental issues facing its $3.8 billion pipeline from western North Dakota to Illinois, North Dakota regulators said Monday.
- Woman accused of stabbing 2 men, smashing vehicle windows Updated: Jul-20-15 6:59 am
BISMARCK, North Dakota - Formal charges are pending against a woman who allegedly stabbed two men at the Kimball Bottoms recreation area on the Missouri River south of Bismarck.
- Nebraska woman dies after falling into Missouri River in SD Updated: Jul-18-15 5:03 pm
RUNNING WATER, South Dakota - A Nebraska woman has died after falling into the Missouri River in southeastern South Dakota.
- Woman killed in chain-reaction bridge wreck; driver sought Updated: Jul-13-15 2:23 pm
ST. CHARLES, Missouri - Missouri authorities were searching for a flatbed truck's driver who fled a deadly chain-reaction wreck on the St. Louis area's Blanchette Bridge across the Missouri River.
- Transmitters show how fish move between waterways Updated: Jul-10-15 4:49 pm
HELENA, Montana - "We're picking one up right away - code 114, walleye tagged at Highway 12 Bridge," said FWP fisheries technician Adam Strainer.
- Authorities ID woman who died after car goes into river Updated: Jul-09-15 11:36 am
CASCADE, Montana - Cascade County officials have released the name of a 69-year-old woman who died after her car went into the Missouri River south of Cascade.
- Missouri River reservoirs still have room for flood waters Updated: Jul-07-15 1:27 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - More rainfall than expected flowed into the Missouri River last month, but the river's reservoirs still have plenty of room because of this year's below-average snowfall.
- Late artist's friend wants to finish Bismarck sculpture Updated: Jul-05-15 12:29 pm
BISMARCK, North Dakota - The friend of a late artist has announced plans to finish restoring a sculpture of an eagle along the Missouri River in Bismarck.
- Missouri maintains as state's rivers heat up Updated: Jul-04-15 1:47 pm
CRAIG, Montana - This fly-fishing hub was bustling with boat traffic Thursday as anglers launched boats onto a blue-ribbon stretch of the Missouri River that's Montana's No. 1 fishing destination.
- Storms, rain rake Missouri, 1 dies in flash flooding Updated: Jul-02-15 4:36 pm
ST. LOUIS - Another night of strong storms and torrential rain swept across Missouri, leading to a flash flooding death in eastern Missouri and two apparent tornadoes in suburban Kansas City.