- Bill Clinton stumps for wife in southern West Virginia Updated: May-01-16 4:30 pm
LOGAN, West Virginia - Former President Bill Clinton drew boos and shouts from the crowd as he made a campaign stop in West Virginia coal country ahead of the state's May 10 presidential primary.
- Young Charleston gymnast performs on national television Updated: May-01-16 10:45 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - A talented Charleston youngster was featured on the "Steve Harvey" television show on April 26.
- News Guide: A look at other primary races in West Virginia Updated: Apr-30-16 11:36 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - They're not running for president, governor, Congress or the state Supreme Court, yet some candidates in West Virginia's May 10 primary are hoping for the chance to earn their party's nominations for several statewide offices. Here is a summary of those races:
- Kanawha County schools dropping 90 positions Updated: Apr-29-16 1:41 pm
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Kanawha County's school system is planning to have about 90 fewer positions next fiscal year because of a shrinking budget, but officials said most of the position cuts will not result in job losses.
- West Virginia man pleads guilty in heroin overdose death Updated: Apr-28-16 1:26 pm
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - A Charleston man accused of supplying heroin to a woman who overdosed and died last year has pleaded guilty to attempting to deliver a controlled substance and involuntary manslaughter.
- Board upholds chemical tank designations after 2014 spill Updated: Apr-27-16 11:38 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - The West Virginia Environmental Quality Board has upheld decisions by state regulators regarding which chemical storage tanks would be covered by new safety standards passed to try to prevent a repeat of a massive 2014 spill that fouled a drinking water supply.
- Michael Moore watches latest documentary in West Virginia Updated: Apr-24-16 6:08 pm
SOUTH CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Filmmaker Michael Moore showed up at the West Virginia International Film Festival to watch his latest documentary, "Where to Invade Next."
- Virginas broadcast winners list Updated: Apr-23-16 4:22 pm
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Virginia - Winners have been announced in the Virginias Associated Press Broadcasters 2016 contest.
- WSAZ-TV's Tony Cavalier honored for lifetime achievement Updated: Apr-23-16 4:16 pm
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Virginia - Tony Cavalier, chief meteorologist at WSAZ-TV, was honored Saturday as the recipient of the West Virginia Lifetime Achievement Award.
- Mooney faces 2nd District GOP challenger; 5 Dems square off Updated: Apr-23-16 11:03 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Congressman Alex Mooney has been an inspiration for other candidates to run in West Virginia's 2nd District.
- Candidates in West Virginia's 2nd district race Updated: Apr-23-16 9:29 am
Five Democrats and two Republicans are seeking their parties' nominations in West Virginia's 2nd congressional district race on May 10.
- Kanawha students help bring electricity to Navajo Nation Updated: Apr-22-16 3:00 pm
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - A group of Ben Franklin Career Center students has been putting together solar panel kits that will bring electricity to Navajo homes.
- Retired man uses leftover check funds to send kids to circus Updated: Apr-22-16 5:20 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Several children will have an opportunity to attend the circus for free after a retired Charleston man used money left over from his Social Security check to pay for their tickets.
- 'Trump factor' may be causing W. Virginians to swap parties Updated: Apr-21-16 2:57 pm
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - As the 2016 primaries have neared many West Virginians have been switching which political party they are affiliated with and Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump might be influencing the change.
- Man pleads guilty to scamming Charleston day care center Updated: Apr-20-16 5:18 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - An Ohio man accused of scamming a South Charleston day care center has pleaded guilty in the case.
- Police: Body found along riverbank in South Charleston Updated: Apr-20-16 4:53 am
SOUTH CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Authorities are investigating after a body was found along a riverbank in South Charleston.
- K-9s, handlers gather for annual training camp in Charleston Updated: Apr-19-16 6:00 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - K-9s from across the state and their handlers have gathered in Charleston for an annual training camp.
- West Virginia officials emphasizing immunizations for tots Updated: Apr-19-16 4:07 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - West Virginia officials are trying to put more emphasis on keeping vaccinations up to date for children 2 years old and younger.
- Simpson tops fundraising in 5-way Dem primary for US House Updated: Apr-18-16 3:15 pm
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Cory Simpson raised the most money in the five-way Democratic primary for Republican U.S. Rep. Alex Mooney's seat, and a group fueled by the billionaire industrialist Koch brothers gave $100,000 to a super PAC supporting Republican Bill Cole for governor.
- Kanawha health department to hold naloxone training Thursday Updated: Apr-18-16 3:16 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Health officials in Kanawha County will be teaching the public how to use the opioid overdose-reversing treatment naloxone.
- West Va. hospitals sued over advertising agreement Updated: Apr-16-16 5:12 pm
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - The U.S. Department of Justice has filed a lawsuit against Charleston Area Medical Center and St. Mary's Hospital, claiming the hospitals split their marketing territories and kept area residents from getting information about competing health care services.
- Officials investigating money missing from magistrate court Updated: Apr-15-16 5:31 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Authorities are investigating money missing from Kanawha County Magistrate Court.
- Bird strike causes plane to make emergency landing Updated: Apr-15-16 4:44 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Officials say a plane flying from New York to Tennessee made an emergency landing in West Virginia after striking a bird.
- West Virginia Democrats to face off in governor race debate Updated: Apr-14-16 6:23 pm
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - For the first - and likely only - time, all three Democratic candidates for West Virginia governor will take the same debate stage.
- Casino interests give 5-figure checks to conservative group Updated: Apr-13-16 4:10 pm
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Two casino companies have given five-figure checks to a West Virginia conservative political committee.