- Woman wants guilty plea thrown out in W.Va. fatal stabbing Updated: Jul-29-15 3:23 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - A woman convicted of first-degree murder in the stabbing death of a St. Albans resident wants to have her guilty plea thrown out.
- Man possibly linked to missing women had contact with police Updated: Jul-27-15 7:55 pm
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - A man toting axes, a shovel and bleach when he was killed by an escort he met online had been stopped, interviewed or investigated by police in at least 20 states and is being looked into for possible links to unsolved disappearances or slayings, authorities said Monday.
- Charleston's historic Savage House full of antique charm Updated: Jul-26-15 9:52 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Elegantly perched on Capitol Hill, the Savage House has overlooked the city of Charleston for more than 100 years.
- Ex-Piedmont officials face ethics complaint over vote Updated: Jul-24-15 11:16 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Two Piedmont Town Council members thought they were justified in authorizing $10,000 toward the legal fees of a town employee who later was sentenced for taking surplus government travel trailers for personal use.
- Charleston to consider ending use of recycling bins Updated: Jul-24-15 5:49 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Charleston is considering ending a rule that allows residents to use recycling bins instead of clear plastic bags the city provides.
- Ex-W.Va. airport director takes job in South Charleston Updated: Jul-24-15 3:19 am
SOUTH CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Former Yeager Airport executive director Rick Atkinson has been named city manager of South Charleston.
- Nearly 2 dozen dead animals found in W.Va. house Updated: Jul-22-15 6:22 pm
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Sixteen cats and one dog were among nearly two dozen dead animals seized from the home of a Charleston woman.
- Prosecutors want guilty plea hearing for WVa exec in spill Updated: Jul-22-15 3:04 pm
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Federal prosecutors want a judge to schedule a guilty plea hearing for the top executive charged in a massive chemical spill that contaminated West Virginia's biggest drinking water supply last year.
- Prosecutors want guilty plea hearing for WVa exec in spill Updated: Jul-22-15 2:47 pm
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Federal prosecutors are asking a judge to schedule a guilty plea hearing for the top executive charged in a massive chemical spill last year.
- Work begins on crumbling safety feature at W.Va. airport Updated: Jul-21-15 2:50 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Work has begun on shoring up a runway safety embankment at Charleston's Yeager Airport.
- Charleston's 2 newspapers combine newsroom operations Updated: Jul-20-15 5:58 pm
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - The Charleston Daily Mail and The Charleston Gazette have combined their newsroom operations into one newspaper.
- W.Va. chem spill company picks new contractor for cleanup Updated: Jul-20-15 4:22 pm
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - The bankrupt company behind a chemical spill last year has picked another contractor to clean its contaminated site.
- W.Va. agency to hold hearing on water quality standards Updated: Jul-20-15 5:47 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Proposed revisions to West Virginia's water quality standards will be discussed at a public hearing this week in Charleston.
- Hillside slips near W.Va. airport amid steady rain Updated: Jul-16-15 2:19 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - After weeks of steady rain, a manmade hillside near the end of Yeager Airport's main runway is slipping anew.
- Cross Lanes woman pleads guilty to Christmas package theft Updated: Jul-15-15 1:35 pm
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - A Cross Lanes woman has received probation after pleading guilty to stealing Christmas packages and a wreath from a porch.
- W.Va. police: Don't use social media to request urgent help Updated: Jul-13-15 8:26 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Law enforcement officials say the public shouldn't use social media to request immediate help.
- Final 2 hearings to be held on Mountaineer Gas rate hike Updated: Jul-13-15 2:09 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Two public comment hearings on Mountaineer Gas' proposed $12.2 million rate increase will be held Tuesday in Charleston.
- Exhibit honoring fallen EMS workers to make stop in W.Va. Updated: Jul-13-15 2:09 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - An exhibit honoring fallen emergency medical services workers will make a stop in West Virginia during its trip to a new home in Virginia.
- Suit alleges illegal reduction in W.Va. disability services Updated: Jul-11-15 12:13 pm
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Five disabled West Virginians claim in a lawsuit that state services have been illegally reduced.
- Petition seeks to change name of 'Stonewall' school in W.Va. Updated: Jul-10-15 8:49 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - A petition drive to change the name of Stonewell Jackson Middle School has sparked debate among alumni and residents, and spawned a counter petition aimed at keeping the Confederate military leader's name on the school building.
- Mike Green elected president of W.Va. Board of Education Updated: Jul-10-15 3:08 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Mike Green has been elected president of the state Board of Education.
- W.Va. man sentenced in time-share fraud scheme Updated: Jul-09-15 3:13 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - A Charleston man has been sentenced to three years and one month in federal prison for a time-share property fraud scheme.
- W.Va. hospital locked down after gun mentioned in ER Updated: Jul-08-15 4:11 pm
SOUTH CHARLESTON, West Virginia - South Charleston police say the mention of a gun has prompted a lockdown at Thomas Hospital.
- Bankruptcy judge approves cleanup deal in W.Va. spill case Updated: Jul-08-15 2:23 pm
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - A bankruptcy judge has approved a $2.5 million deal involving the cleanup of a massive 2014 chemical spill in West Virginia.
- W.Va. Capitol walk July 11 takes aim at drug addiction Updated: Jul-04-15 12:08 pm
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Community activists plan a Charleston awareness walk in one week to tackle the stigma of drug addiction.