- PSV beats Utrecht to stay atop the Dutch Eredivisie Updated: Feb-07-16 1:02 pm
- Anti-Islam groups rally across Europe; clashes in Amsterdam Updated: Feb-06-16 1:09 pm
DRESDEN, Germany - Protesters rallied against Islam and immigration in several European cities Saturday, sometimes clashing with police or counter-demonstrators amid growing tensions over the massive influx of asylum-seekers to the continent.
- NATO chief meets EU defense ministers to discuss cooperation Updated: Feb-05-16 10:34 am
AMSTERDAM - European Union defense ministers huddled Friday with NATO's secretary general to discuss closer cooperation between the military alliance and the 28-nation bloc to tackle looming threats to the region.
- Survivor sheds light on divisive WWII-era Jewish Councils Updated: Jan-26-16 8:05 am
JERUSALEM - Throughout the Nazi occupation of Amsterdam, and while incarcerated in two prison camps, Mirjam Bolle wrote letters to her fiance that she never sent but hoped to share with him after the war. Yet when the two ultimately reunited she decided to leave the past behind and stashed them away. Now, decades later, she has published them as a memoir.
- Gorilla gives birth to baby at Amsterdam's Artis zoo Updated: Jan-22-16 8:34 am
AMSTERDAM - Amsterdam zoo Artis is celebrating a new arrival after its western lowland gorilla Sindy gave birth to a healthy baby.